PDA

View Full Version : Fold for Stephanie

cdawall
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
posting this for a buddy on TPU

"As many of you know my 13 year old daughter Stephanie has Hodgkins Stage 4B Cancer. I have supported Folding@Home for over 5 years myself. Well this month I want people to Fold for Stephanie.

I announced this contest 2 days ago. Since then I have been contacted by NVIDIA and others that want to donate stuff also. I will update prizes as I find out about them. The community support for my daughter and my family is great.

So here is the new GRAND PRIZE: GTX 285 Signed by Jen-Hsun Huang – Co-Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer of NVIDIA.

All other prizes will be random drawn to people Folding for Stephanie. Other prizes so far:

1 XFX GTX285
1 2*1Gb of DDR3 Crucial Ballistix PC3-10600 From Niko at www.rbmods.com. He will ship worldwide.
2 Maxtill G-Pad Mouse Pads From Michael Phrakaysone at www.ModSynergy.com. He will ship USA/Canada.

At this time I can only ship to USA/Canada unless I get a sponsor that can ship outside of this area.

Here are the rules:

Now here is what you have to do.

1. Fold for Bjorn3D Team 41608.

2. If you Folding handle is Rob for the month Fold under a new name for the as Rob-Stephanie.

3. This will let people checking our team stats see your are Folding for my daughter.

4. Register on our forums with you normal name with out -Stephanie and make at least 2 post so I can notify you if you win.

I want to thank everyone that does this since it may help find a cure to this disease and others like it."

http://www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187615#post187615

I'm sure people can contribute a lot for her here.

fold away people!!!!!

kylepaddock
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
i am doing it now. pm me the info so i can set it up on my laptop

GTSRboy
02-03-2009, 11:01 PM
One guy already has 550 WU and its been open for 2 days!! He must have like 400 PS3's all hooked up lol

Im folding for steph now on my PS3 and Q9300

=[PULSAR]=
02-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend's daughters misfortune. I am currently folding in remembrance of why we really do this.

LaMpiR
02-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Ok. I'm back. I've started to fold for Stephanie.

Sadasius
02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Yeah it's pretty sad. You can take a look at her page on Bjorn3d here; http://www.bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php Scott is a really good guy and no parent should have to go through this.

[XC] Hicks121
02-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Wow, my best wishes to the kid & family. This is why I crunch the piss out of HCC @ wcg.

Knight203
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks for posting this.

cdawall
02-04-2009, 01:40 PM
thanks to everyone folding for her i pushed up my phenom 2 and 8800GTS to help some and hopefully i will have 30+ notebooks running it after tonight

the_dope_chaud
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
hey there, big reader, little poster....

I have been a member of bjorn3d for years and I can tell you that Scott is a great guy and he does not deserve this. Please help out all you can.

a big :clap::clap::clap: for those who already are folding for team 41608, its not about the points, teams or prizes but the science and results.

[XC] riptide
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Can we change the rules so you can fold on our own team?

the_dope_chaud
02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I highly doubt it, but you can try to contact scott at bjorn3d...
btw, there is a few prizes, so you might wanna check that out....althought that`s not the point.

[XC] riptide
02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I highly doubt it, but you can try to contact scott at bjorn3d...
btw, there is a few prizes, so you might wanna check that out....althought that`s not the point.

No I won't be changing teams for any prize(s). The last Nvidia folding competition, very similar to this one, they changed the rules so that folders could apply to the comp while still on same team ... :shrug:

SiGfever
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I am very sorry and we do what we can to help fight these terrible diseases. It doesn't matter which team you contribute on, all that really matters is that we contribute. So many good people have either died or are suffering from cancer and other diseases and it needs our combined efforts to beat them.

My prayers go out to Stephanie and her family and I have been fighting this fight since 2001 when a friend turned me on to UD.org. Together we CAN and WILL make a difference so fewer people have to go through this.

drizzt5
02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I started folding for her. Right now I have only 2 4850's. I'll try to get more stuff folding soon.