PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm back now....

123bob
01-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Team,

Found out tonight my GTX 260-216 machine decided to take a "dirt nap" while I was out last week doing stuff for the day job. It's back on-line now and crunching WCG as well as GPUGrid. I don't know what the issue was, I'll have to investigate the event logs to find out.....:eek:

Good to see others have jumped on with our "intrepid few" on this. Welcome to this new team and this new opportunity. :up:

Someday, the research folks will take advantage of all the true processor power available in the world, provided the suppliers realize that hooks (like CUDA) into research means bucks (or Euros) for their hardware....

Regards,
Bob

Naja002
02-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Glad to hear it and see it, Bob! I was wondering if you had given up on us, had issues or what was going on.....:up: I check stats pretty much everyday....if you want a heads-up when your stats decline/cease...just let me know--I can shoot you an email. :up:

Yes: :welcome: We are inside the top 40 now and slowly climbing. :D

skycrane
02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
ill do what i can, ive got 5 cards i can work it on, so i should be climbing the stats pretty soon :)

123bob
02-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Thx naja. I was not in a position to kick the machine while I was out. It had to wait until I came back. It seems to be running fine now.

Good work skycrane. :up: Our little team is moving up pretty good. Things seem to be smoothing out with how this runs too.

Bob

Naja002
02-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Things seem to be smoothing out with how this runs too.

Bob

Agreed. Most of the recent growing pains have come from first Seti and then Einstein getting in on the Gpu. Prior to that things were running very well. It seems as though GpuGrid has gotten itself straightened back out for the moment. It's running well for me on 2 rigs and 3 cards. I had 1 issue yesterday with it running out of work, but it was running full bore when I got home and still is....:up:

Expect growing pains as they try to get Boinc to work with the various projects that come along and enter the game. Like I said in another thread: If you enjoy Beta et al then jump in there....If not, then find a Boinc version and driver that works well and stick with it for a while. Version 6.6.3 and driver 181.22 are working well for me in Vista 64 on 8800GS's. Some folks are still having issues, but plenty are not. :up:

Gpugrid seems to have a lot less issues with sending out bad WUs than F@H. Most of the troubles seem to come from the app or boinc version. 6.62 and 6.4.? were nightmares. :down: But if you check out their forums (GPUGrid) (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_forum.php?id=1) it's not hard to see that they (GPUGrid, Boinc, Seti, Einstein) are working very hard to fix one issue after another. Most are small bugs.

One thing that is really nice is that GPUGrid listens to us the end-user--they are twitching for feedback. :clap:

skycrane
02-02-2009, 06:11 AM
yea i was having the sam problem with folding sending out bad wu.

is there any way that you can run gpugid at a higher priority from boinc?? the reason im asking is ive got some cards on gpugrid, and some on rc5, and when gpugrid runs out of wu, id like for my card to go back to dnet. but if you put both on the same card, dnet usualy takes over most of the processing and id like to change that