PDA

View Full Version : Best Headphones for PS3

grasskicker509
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Im looking for a decent pair of headphones to use with my PS3...my criteria is that the headphones can hook up directly to the PS3 and can be hooked up to my stereo via the standard headphone jack...or is there some sort of adapter that can be used connect standard headphones to PS3?

PhxProvost
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
...the only thing that comes to mind would be a blue tooth headset.....i personally have never seen a pair of headphones that connect to a ps3 and a stereo...:shrug:

grasskicker509
01-30-2009, 10:25 AM
is there some type of adapter like regular headphone jack to optical or usb?

SNiiPE_DoGG
01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
there is regular headphone jack to RCA stereo......

YukonTrooper
01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I think he means connecting the headphones to the receiver, which is receiving signal from the PS3. Am I wrong?

trance565
01-30-2009, 10:47 PM
if you have a phone and you use a bluetooth headset for it, set your ps3 to use it too, is there even a 1/8th inch jack on the ps3 for a headset?

you could also try to find a usb-> 1/8th inch adaptor. dunno if they make em tho.

grasskicker509
01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
if you have a phone and you use a bluetooth headset for it, set your ps3 to use it too, is there even a 1/8th inch jack on the ps3 for a headset?

you could also try to find a usb-> 1/8th inch adaptor. dunno if they make em tho.

nope no headphone jack on PS3...what i was thinking was hooking up the red and white rca plug from the ps3 AV cable to an RCA to female headphone adapter and then hook that up to some headphones...would that work?

YukonTrooper
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
nope no headphone jack on PS3...what i was thinking was hooking up the red and white rca plug from the ps3 AV cable to an RCA to female headphone adapter and then hook that up to some headphones...would that work?
I don't have a PS3, but my best guess would be no. Most AV outputs for consoles, if not all, are line-level out, meaning the signal is not amplified; however, you could plug those RCA outputs into your stereo, granted it has RCA inputs, and then plug your headphones in into your stereo, as it will be able to provide an amplified signal.

You could also get a good mini DAC/amp combo to plug into the digital-out of your PS3, which would decode the digital signal and then amplify the analogue signal for your headphones. You could also do this with your stereo, granted it has a toslink or coaxial digital input.

PhxProvost
01-31-2009, 11:48 PM

no it wont, the volume will be extremely high or you wont hear anything if you dont have some kind of volume controll on your headphones.

grasskicker509
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
no it wont, the volume will be extremely high or you wont hear anything if you dont have some kind of volume controll on your headphones.

dang it...guess im gonna have to go dig out my old stereo...oh well guess it still has a purpose...

nosbusch2005
02-01-2009, 02:19 PM
How about USB headphones? Would that work?

SNiiPE_DoGG
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
most tv's have audio out jacks, that is the way to go, or though the stereo like Yukon suggested

grasskicker509
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
How about USB headphones? Would that work?

i have never seen any...

Monkeywoman
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Im looking for a decent pair of headphones to use with my PS3...my criteria is that the headphones can hook up directly to the PS3 and can be hooked up to my stereo via the standard headphone jack...or is there some sort of adapter that can be used connect standard headphones to PS3?

hey man, the best ones IMO are these; ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/3621&cl=ca,en ) a friend has them, he uses it with his 60gig without a problem. :up:

P.S; i saw you wanted standard connectors too, check this out (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/2986&cl=ca,en )

P.S.S Logitech FTW!1

grasskicker509
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
hey man, the best ones IMO are these; ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/3621&cl=ca,en ) a friend has them, he uses it with his 60gig without a problem. :up:

P.S; i saw you wanted standard connectors too, check this out (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/2986&cl=ca,en )

P.S.S Logitech FTW!1

Digital Precision PC Gaming Headset! those look sweet, and i can connect them to pc and ps3! any idea how they sound? are they comfy?

Monkeywoman
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
i used to own the 1st gen of the precision gaming head set, that's without the USB option. it can get very loud with a nice hint of base. the mic is also clear; i guessing that all of this has been improved upon even more with 2nd gen. the leather has a nice feel but some people like fabric though like me.