PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II LOD 1.10 Out

The VTech
10-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Incase you have been waiting like myself, the patch is out finally.

I'm on East and not doing the ladder for the moment. PM me if you want to hookup. I work nights so I am usually on around 7am MST

Peckers
10-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Exams tomorrow and next week so I haven't had the time to try it yet. Hopefully I'll have some time to check it out this weekend and start a new character (ladder char).

The VTech
10-29-2003, 07:05 PM
It's been worth it so far. The login takes you to your own "Home Zone" type place so you aren't in a chat right off the bat with 50 billion spam messages. All skills are now green in name as well as the combinations that skill gets from other skills.
Just about every carachter has had an increase of some type and everyone can use certain items now, so you can have a werebear sorc!!! LOL

Drops are tons better as well. No uber uber every time but more often. The only thing I haven't seen is the chips and rune drop increase. Since you need more now for cube recipies it's going to get harder.

WORLD STONE EVENT
Supposedly this is what happens from selling a certain amount of SOJ to NPC. A Diablo clone pops up or other nasty type creatures in your game but is level dependant. If you can kill D clone you get a special Yellow Charm (Rare) of some kind. I have not seen a screen shot nor can be sure of the words listed on Battle.net as they are overly general.

See ya out there.

Paladin
11-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Made me go pick up the complete D2 battlechest. Gah, 1.5GB HD space to install and that's before adding in the expansion!

Another weird: I thought the 1.10 patch ladder was supposed to prevent hacking/cheating? I looked on that USWest ladder and it's full of level 80-90s. Seems unlikely to get that in 2 days legitimately...

The VTech
11-02-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Paladin
Made me go pick up the complete D2 battlechest. Gah, 1.5GB HD space to install and that's before adding in the expansion!

Another weird: I thought the 1.10 patch ladder was supposed to prevent hacking/cheating? I looked on that USWest ladder and it's full of level 80-90s. Seems unlikely to get that in 2 days legitimately...

I agree, but at least it's harder to hostil and kill you now and there are no more SUPER SPAMMERS every time you login! :D

Also the skills gaining from other skills is way cool and keeping me playing this game! Maybe we'll get lucky and they will make a DIII in years to come. 3D maybe? It would be cool.

Paladin
11-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I played the original Diablo way-back-when. It was the first internet onliner I'd played. I never got D2 because it seemed low-tech compared to the contempoary 3D onliners. But the replay fun-factor of Halo, Max Paine, NOLF, etc just isn't there like with Diablo.

Funny to note when I read about Cow Level and ficticious Harem Level. Cow Level was the big fake-rumor joke during D1. Now in D2 they added it as an homage to the D1 community. If there's a D3, I'm sure there will be a real secret Harem Level. :D

Just playing D2 for these first few days I notice that magic items drop *much* more commonly than in D1. Plus they are more powerful. The equipment my lvl 16 has now blows the doors off what my D1 lvl 50 had. :p: Probably why I'm finding D2 single player so easy thus far (I'm at the end of Act 1). Can count the total number of times I've had to drink during a fight on one hand. Just stand next to my ethreal equipped bow-bisch til everything is dead. Paladins play more like bards than the traditional fighter-cleric.

Peckers
11-02-2003, 05:44 PM
I've got a lvl 32 barb(ladder) now and still uncertain on whether to develop WW or something else. Aparantly it got a lot less efficient with the 1.03 patch. In the "old" days the efficiency of WW was just ridiculous so I cant blame them for this change really.

What do you think, should I go with WW, frenzy or perhaps berzerk? I have developed swords to 20.

Peckers
11-09-2003, 11:39 AM
W00T! done with Baal on Hell difficulty now, really hard but I must say that the ancients were soooo much more difficult. This is on ladder ofcourse and I probably wouldn't have managed ancient if it weren't for the help of a highlevel necro and a couple of sorcs.

I went with WW+sword and mostly passive skills, only a few points for warcries, BO is real nice... WW is still a decent skill but I could really need some better equipment(especially armour).
I'm playing on europe realm, send me a pm if you want to hookup or get a boost if you're starting a new char. :cheers:

Paladin
11-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Anyone play on the USWest server/realm?

p.s. Love the new avatar Peckers! :hehe:

Lithan
11-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Goddamn I want D3. I want D3 soooo bad I'm bleeding at my palms and feet. I was one of the few guys I know who played 1.10 when it was the beta (no bnet) version. It was pretty sweet. Helped out elemental druids alot, necros a little (Though they are still dull as hell in my opinion now) I didn't really check barbarians... didn't seem to do that much for amazon, assassin or palidin. I'll bet it made sorcs alot more interesting.

The world event is closed bnet only, right? No taking a hacked guy onto open and doing it just to see what sort of items someone would get if they did it on closed?

Peckers
11-24-2003, 02:40 PM
tnx Paladin :p:

necros are one of the best characters now but it does get boring after a while..
I'm at lvl84 with my necro and I'ts no fun anymore, BAALruns gets old real quick..
It takes extremely long time to level now, I remember three years ago or so when I was playing and it only took 2-3 days before the first characters had reached lvl99, now the top ones are still only at 96-97 I think.. And cowruns are totally nerfed aswell..

btw, has anyone here played Diabloclone?

Playful_Buffalo
03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
bump ;)

i play it now too, if any of you dont want your stuff i will gladly take it :D

got a mf lvl 75 sorc and my only other good character is a lvl 70 bowazon. Working on a pally and druid

STEvil
03-29-2005, 10:29 PM
arrrgh.. making me want to re-install D2 lol...

wheres my cd's..

EDIT

Disks are so hosed.. hope this still works.

EDIT

So far so good.. now to install LOD.

The VTech
03-30-2005, 08:50 AM
LOL wow, and here I thought I was the only one who still played this after 2003 ended. LMAO. Nice.

Well I'm off-line for the moment but will be ack on in a few weeks with my new build Sorc and Barb on East.
See ya out there.

Playful_Buffalo
03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
yay :)

i play USeast ladder

The VTech
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm not on the ladder yet but with the right group of peeps I might be inclinded to create a new barb or sorc and hit it.

Playful_Buffalo
03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
i share accounts with a friend, usually play around 4:50-5 and 8:45-9:30 on weekdays and whenever i can on weekends (sporadic mf runs throughout the day)

The VTech
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
i share accounts with a friend, usually play around 4:50-5 and 8:45-9:30 on weekdays and whenever i can on weekends (sporadic mf runs throughout the day)

That's about what I do. Go through to level and then once in Hell start the mf for the good stuff. I'm on MST time though just like East better than West. :slap:

stayfrosty
04-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Eh I play nonladder useast... theres just something about D2 i always just keep comming back for more. I spend most of my time dueling.. I have every item that a person could possibly want

Playful_Buffalo
04-06-2005, 01:43 PM
just got my druid up to 68

just needs more hp/def and hes ready for hell runs (i am thinking hell andy, maybe dury)

VeryProudOfYa
04-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I play USEast Ladder.. 1.10 patch..

Its quite easy to level, still..

Not as easy as squatting in hell cows like in 1.09d.. And they dont have 4 socket bugged valors, 3 socket bugged vamp gaze, 4 socket bugged stormshield.. 6 socket ith zerker..

But what owns are Fort Armor, Enigma Armor.. Hoto (Heart of the Oak), BOTD (Breath of the Dying), CTA( Call to arms).. Those are runewords that are godly, to name a few..

And those are pretty damn godly, the stats of the items depend on your luck, so say you buy from ebay, they give it to you unsockted and they give u the last rune to socket it yourself.. And if u socket with anything lower than 80 You have the chance for it to be normal, still good :banana::banana::banana::banana:, but normal..

99's usually make good runewords.. It cans still be bad though ona 99.. Luck, but char level has something to do with it I think..

For melee its Javazons and Zealots.. Barbs are okay if you build one right, beserk barbs, ww's okay..

I am currently looking for an account for my brother for free, if anyone wants to give theirs away please send me a PM.. Thanks..

If ya wanna play with me on d2, whishper me.. I am on pretty much all of the time after 4:15 PM..

RiseFromWithin is my account name.. Peace..

VeryProudOfYa
04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
By the way, 1.10 has been out for awhile.. and when comparing 1.09d with 1.10, 1.10 sucks..

I mostly duel and 1.09 was great for people who wanted to hit level 70 or so in one day after getting rushed under 5 minutes.. I loved the bugged days, but its still quite fun..

Thinking about 1.09 makes me want to quite, but 1.10 is still fun.. :-D

Dang Blizzard's new management and peoples love for WoW and HellGate:London..

Blizzard is suppose to release Diablo 3, just a rumor now I think, not quite sure.. I heard it was going to be First Person.. Donno fo sho though.. =\

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 06:48 PM
lol i also heard the guys who created the diablo series were sacked but like most its just a rumour

if u like pvp just download the bnet gateway editor ... well if any of the links worked i would put one here but it seems that none of them do-.-

VeryProudOfYa
04-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Yea, Blizzard was also taken over by new management.. Thats kinda why they released the new patch and went to WoW, Hell Gate: London and updates and patches for those 2 games.. I mean Blizzard supposivly runs maphack and bot sweepers.. And if they do then they just leave those on 24/7..

Blizzard also releases new runewords once in a while, so they havnt completely forgotten about Diablo.. But its just at the bottom of the Urgency List.. Ya know?

What does Bnet Gateway Editor do..?

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 07:36 PM
lol its an editor where you edit your gateways or servers you can connect to at the moment im playing a pvp server that is really great for a bit of fun.it allows you to change and add servers by stating the servers hosts ip timezone and name of server also is good for serverside servers witch allow play even without the correct patch
sorry currently a noob with computing lol

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
*newb lol big difference between noob and newb lol to figure out what a noob is here a link... altho u wont thank me http://www.shawn64.com/mochastorage/cgtn.html and yet it doesnt seem to be going blue lol i dunno just copy and paste the url:P

VeryProudOfYa
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Sounds cool.. I dont wanna break the rules or anything.. But my brother wants to get back into diablo but doesnt have time to get rushed and level characters.. Hes like me wants to go straight to PvP.. Except I have time to level all my characters, seeing how all mine are 80+.. If anyone could be so kind as to give away one of their accounts, it would be greatly appreciated.. You can contact me anyway.. Email, PM, AOL IM, Whisper on Diablo..

I think my email and such is plugged into board, but my diablo account is RiseFromWithin.. Whisper me and we can chat about things.. ;)

Thanks for understanding guys, peace..

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 07:45 PM
*rules are made to be broken there is no rule about playing a server just hosting it:D anyway what is that on east or west mate

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
do you use msn or whats ur email lol the pm aint working well i cant seem to get it working lol:P

VeryProudOfYa
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I was talking about breaking rules with my post asking for free account.. Lookin for USEast account.. I like your noob definition page.. lol..

Hopefully it will be a ladder account.. Thanks..

Try email.. theendofallthingstocome@gmail.com

And yes I have gmail invites if any one wants one..uhhh *Rolleyes*

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 07:52 PM
yeh they get annoying ppl always asking 4 em lol

VeryProudOfYa
04-07-2005, 07:57 PM
I know.. I hate is as much as the next person and I feel very much like a n00b asking for one.. But still.. My bro needs an account.. That goes out to all the d2 obsessors out there who wanna get rid of a spare account..

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
lol if i get some spare time ill get him 1?

n00bneedinghelp
04-07-2005, 08:07 PM
ill try*

STEvil
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I have an assassin I made yesterday, its up to level 67 in about 6 hours.

VeryProudOfYa
04-08-2005, 02:40 AM
Yea, Im not saying its hard to level.. But he just wants to be able to logon and and duel some games and go back to doing whatever hes doing..

I hit level 80 or so in 3 days or less depending on how many exp shrines I find..

n00bneedinghelp
04-08-2005, 12:57 PM
lol yeh lvling is easy but i cant b bothered wif it ill try find another link dfor the gateway ed today if i do ill send it to you and you can have a try and see what u think of the server :P

VeryProudOfYa
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Awesome sounds good.. Well you have my contact info.. So good luck m8

Playful_Buffalo
04-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I have an assassin I made yesterday, its up to level 67 in about 6 hours.
getting that high that fast is pretty good. nice job

Crankster
04-09-2005, 11:22 AM
I have a pretty decked out sorc in europe. Perfect deaths fathom and maras amongst others.

VeryProudOfYa
04-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Never played any realm other than USEast..
Donno why..

USEast is like the most laggish server ever.. Seriously it is.. Its always down to..

n00bneedinghelp
04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
i find east the fastest server and west like the worst lol

n00bneedinghelp
04-10-2005, 06:39 PM
lol ffs blizzhackers are down on the downloads-.- ggrr

Playful_Buffalo
04-21-2005, 02:00 PM
how you guys doing?

craig588
04-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Accounts are free. You can just make a new one if you want. I played this and duped and sold stuff on ebay years ago. I can't belive anyone even touches it anymore. I only had fun exploiting it, but when Blizzard stoped fixing exploits I got bored finding new ones.

STEvil
04-21-2005, 09:15 PM
89 zon, 70 asassin, 65 paladin, 50 lightning sorc.

Sure you arent thinking of Diablo 1 there craig? Of course if you were doing something as boring as exploiting it you would get tired of it sooner than attempting to further yourself in the game, too... not that the game doesnt suck.

craig588
04-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Diablo 2 is the one where you can sell items to shops though another players ID and it won't drop you. Then you close the trade manually and buy the item back from the stop with another player.

You can sell an item to an exploading shrine and get 8 copies of it.

The reset bug was fantastic too, packet 22 IIRC, you could make anything reset to its default status. You could go in and sell something to an exploading shrine, pop it, then reset it and do it agian.

Back when chipped gems were popular you could reset a small chest in normal and do it 200 times and get 40 chipped gems with different IDs and trade them for a different ID 1.09 SOJ.

I had a little collection of pre 1.08 SOJs for duping too. Pre 1.08 items have no ID and are never deleted.

There was also the socketing buffer bug that allowed you too drop something from the buffer and keep it in your inventory.

Diablo 1 was all client side, it was easy and booring. The last time I played Diablo 2 Blizzard never fixed the bug where you wouldn't drop by sending "illegal" packets with another players ID attached to it. (The server seems to scan it as one packet so you don't get kicked or detected or whatever, but it would interpert it as 2 seperate things so most of the old exploits worked agian) This is what made me quit, exploits were too easy at that point.

STEvil
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
er, are you playing open b.net or something?

craig588
04-22-2005, 05:07 PM
No, this is all closed. On open you can just create items with whatever stats you want. There are still a few item creation tricks though, but usually the uniques are better.

You can make a runeword, then remove all but the first stone of that runeword and still keep the effects of it on an item. You can put a zod rune in after that and make it indestructable, then remove the zod run and it will keep the indestructability. Then you can go and through 5 yellow (I forgot the name, it has been a long time) gems into it for more magic find.

There are even more evil exploits too, you can acctually steal someones gear if they are in town and near you. (Nothing to do with dead bodies)

There is also a forced popping one that will make someone always drop their gear if they have clicked on their body at least once and die a second time.

I recently checked out what people are doing for exploits now, and it is all bugged item searching. There are automation scripts that will do everything for you and you just leave the computer on overnight and in the morning you will have a collection of freshly spawned (Fresh items mean they have different IDs so they won't be deleted, not like 1.08/1.09/1.1 dupes) uniques and if you are lucky, something bugged.

Have you been playing the same Diablo 2 as me? I played on US West about 3 years ago.

STEvil
04-22-2005, 05:29 PM
I played for about 4 months when it first came out since my guild switched over to it from diablo 1 (pure legit guild), but kinda quit after a while since it was more boring than diablo 1 really...

Just put in an hour or three here or there to kill time mostly.

craig588
04-22-2005, 05:32 PM
kinda quit after a while since it was more boring than diablo 1 really...

That's when you break out the packet sniffer and start looking for bugs.

EnJoY
04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm gonna sound like a noob here, but it's always taken me awhile to level up. Like, in 2-3 days, I may be at level 30...and level 50 in a week, but never level 60+ in 3 days...I mean, wow. How'd you do that? Just lots of hours haha?

hun6over
04-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I can get to level 80 in 3 days. You can too. You just need a good rusher and be a good rusher yourself. This game is old anyways. Time for World of Warcraft.

STEvil
04-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm gonna sound like a noob here, but it's always taken me awhile to level up. Like, in 2-3 days, I may be at level 30...and level 50 in a week, but never level 60+ in 3 days...I mean, wow. How'd you do that? Just lots of hours haha?

Catch a rush

Hit tristram to about 12, sewers to about 18, tombs should take you to 25, then baal runs until 40 ish. repeat in NM and baal until 70, then baal baal baal in hell.

or something like that, i've forgotten the exact specifics other than baal normal starts at 25, tombs are good XP before baal (arcane too), then repeat in nm.

EDIT

Diablo 2: LoTR? :slap: :D
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=829366#post829366

Playful_Buffalo
04-23-2005, 01:39 PM
damn.....my new java is up to 81.