PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7010 repair

D_o_S
01-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Hi guys,

I have a E7010 on my hands and its acting weird. Sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't... I've heard about several things, like opening the laptop and heating up one of the chips, to get better contact (described in CHIP magazine), I also called the FSC helpline and they said that it may be something with some onboard capacitors, but I couldn't find anything on google...

I have the whole thing taken apart. In brief, when it boots its fine, but sometimes it doesn't want to...

Anyone have any ideas?

Frank M
01-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I've heard about several things, like opening the laptop and heating up one of the chips, to get better contact (described in CHIP magazine)

Were they being serious?

Maybe contact problems at the power switch, if it refuses to even start
sometimes -- assuming you are talking about cold-start, and it doesn't
even do anything else.

D_o_S
01-25-2009, 06:14 AM
They were being serious, they claimed you should heat the chip with a heat gun...

Power switch is OK.

celemine1Gig
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
The defective capacitor(s) that the support suggested, seem to be much more likely the cause of your problems.
Have a thorough look at all the capacitors on the board. Escpecially the ones near the cpu socket and near the power plug.

Could very well be that one or more of them are failing and that causes the system not to boot.

Could be something completely different, too. All I'm saying is that it sounds quite logical. ;)

But if you are sure that all the caps are OK, then look at all the solder joints. Maybe you've got a cold joint that is causing problems, somewhere on the board.

MonkeyHood
01-26-2009, 03:54 AM
When you plug in the AC adaptor, does the laptop shows as charging? And when you press start, it's a crap shoot?