PDA

View Full Version : Scythe Gentle Typhoons

soulesschild
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
What's the general consensus on these fans? They're supposed to push alot of air and be dead quiet but frankly....they look....cheap.... :confused::(

Hondacity
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
they look cheap? no way!!! alot of air? its only 50-60cfm.. at 1w... but it works great on my mcr320....its silent but not dead silent...

soulesschild
01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
they look cheap? no way!!! alot of air? its only 50-60cfm.. at 1w... but it works great on my mcr320....its silent but not dead silent...

Well compared to the S-Flexes which I was originally planning to buy. Which version did you get? I heard to avoid the 1800rpm one like the plague on SPCR, but I'd like to know if some XS members here are using them and their input on them vs s-flexes

Hondacity
01-23-2009, 03:02 PM
i have the 1850rpm...its 1w so a high fpi radiator will cause some air pressure drop... but its working great on my mcr gpu only loop...

Hondacity
01-23-2009, 03:04 PM
can you give that link to spcr review on the fans... thanks

soulesschild
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
can you give that link to spcr review on the fans... thanks

not an official review per say but...

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50955

Hondacity
01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
i was reading their thread and seems to me they're into uber quiet fans, i'm running mine right now with everthing off pumps etc just the fans on my mcr...and i could hear it..but i'm not annoyed by it...definetly ok.. i could even watch a movie with it running... its not dead silent but i bet you can always drop the voltage on these.

my pumps 355 is buzzing much louder...

Adamantine
01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
SPCR pretty much sucks as an opinion since if the fan being reviewed produces more than about 21dBA, they generally call it loud which is their way of saying it sucks.

Their actual testing is generally good though. Just not their comments afterwards.

T_Flight
01-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Anytime you see "moves alot of air and is silent" disregard that phrase.

You can have one of these...
1. Moves Alot Of Air
2. Silent

Pick one. They are in direct contrast to one another. You can't have both. If air is moving, you're gonna hear it.

:D You gotta love Marketing. They really try God Bless them. You also gotta love these Db ratings below ambient sound level which is impossible unless you are in a Soundproof booth.