View Full Version : Others pumps DD-CPX-Pro & AP910

redgabber
01-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi guys

What do u think about these pumps ? :

DangerDen DD-CPX-Pro
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=356&cat=0&page=1#tabs
Max Height - 4 meters (13.1 ft)
Flow Max - 800 Liters/hour (211.3 gallons/hour)
Silent operation - Mag Drive Ceramic Bearing Operation

and

AlphaCool AP910
http://www.alphacool.com/shop/Pumps/AP910-1511-centrifugal-pump-12Volts--3278.html
Pump performance: max. 900 l/h
Delivery height: 2,8m
Power consumption: 10 W
Sound level: approx. 22dBA (comparable Eheim 1046)

Sounds very good.
The quiet AP910 could be an alternative to D5. (good flow, pressure is ok)
The DangerDen an alternative to Laing18w (good flow, high pressure)
Both uses ceramic rotor like Eheim (quieter)

I look silence and power. so why not...

AndreaBZ
01-19-2009, 07:23 AM
http://martin.skinneelabs.com/Danger-Den_CPX-Pro-Pump-Review.html:) :welcome:

Webby
01-19-2009, 07:24 AM
See Martin's review of the CPX-Pro (pre-production model) all in all a good pump.

http://www.techpowerup.com/MartinsLiquidLab/Danger-Den_CPX-Pro-Pump-Review.html

As for the other no idea oh and it should be noted that looking at just head pressure and max flow are not very good indications of the performance of a pump you need a PQ curve for that.

nebj00la
01-19-2009, 07:34 AM
FWIW, I looked around for pumps and finally settled on the Laing DDC-12V from DangerDen. It's great for medium to large sized loops.

redgabber
01-19-2009, 07:45 AM
See Martin's review of the CPX-Pro (pre-production model) all in all a good pump.

http://www.techpowerup.com/MartinsLiquidLab/Danger-Den_CPX-Pro-Pump-Review.html

As for the other no idea oh and it should be noted that looking at just head pressure and max flow are not very good indications of the performance of a pump you need a PQ curve for that.

yes ..sure... specs are only paper ^^
I read the Martinsliquid test... good review for a good pump.
The video does not tell me more about silence...
I don't know if the Laing18w is quieter than the DD pro or the D5 #5

I have to make a choice for my new pump, but i m a silence addict!

hellcamino
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Well if you read the review you might have noticed that he said the CPX-pro was the quietest pump he had ever tested.

redgabber
01-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Well if you read the review you might have noticed that he said the CPX-pro was the quietest pump he had ever tested.

yes..right

i note that :

The pump performs very well compared to the stock DDC 3.2. An average to low restriction system would typically see higher flow rates with the CPX-Pro, and really high restriction systems would see very slightly more performance from the DDC. The important part that catches my attention is the power consumption. At the 2 GPM mark, the DDC is consuming nearly 21 watts, where then DD CPX-Pro is only consuming about 15 watts, so the DDC at that point is consuming about 40% more power which in the end becomes added heat to the loop.

To help put performance levels into context, I've selected a range of components for several setups. Generally anything over 1 GPM is adequate flow rate and more is better although gains are generally small past 1 GPM and even smaller past 1.5 GPM.

Over 1 to +1,5 GPM, gains are small... so the higflow pumps on medium restrictive loop are useless i understand.

Well, i think i ll have a try for this pump...quiet, cheaper, spiral top is include, no extra-fittings need, sounds good ^^

redgabber
01-30-2009, 02:28 AM
The only strange stuff i note is the DD-CPX-PRO feature 800 l/h
I never see a DDC 3.2 + Top running this flow rate...

Shocker003
01-30-2009, 02:48 AM
if you leave in EU, why donīt you get this pump for less. The ones you intend buying ainīt close to it when it comes to power and itīs cheaper. I donīt hear it working when itīs on 12v (sitting on a form). AP1510

http://www.aquatuning.de/product_info.php/info/p2398_Alphacool-OASE-rotary-pump-12Volt-DC-AP1510--incl--PSU--.html

redgabber
01-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Yes Shocker.. i m on the way to buy it.

I repeat but i never see a ddc+top running 800 l/h capabilities
I just want to know... so i ask

Also, I found this review
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=570160

Humminn55
01-30-2009, 03:28 AM

Nope, you won't see a DDC 3.2 or DDC 2 having 800 L/H installed in a loop, but neither will you see the CPX-Pro doing that when installed in a loop. (Reread Martin's test of the CPX-Pro again......realistic outputs from both the CPX and DDC completely depend upon the restrictions placed on the outlet of the pump.....i.e. tubing, blocks, rads, etc.)

That 800 L/H figure you see is wholly unrealistic as it represents a calculation done by the mfgr. based on a few minutes of pump output testing, output testing that was calculated when there were no flow restrictions placed on the outlet of the pump, by the way, like tubing.

OdinEidolon
01-30-2009, 03:32 AM
if you leave in EU, why donīt you get this pump for less. The ones you intend buying ainīt close to it when it comes to power and itīs cheaper. I donīt hear it working when itīs on 12v (sitting on a form). AP1510

http://www.aquatuning.de/product_info.php/info/p2398_Alphacool-OASE-rotary-pump-12Volt-DC-AP1510--incl--PSU--.html

do you have a review on it? i had noticed it too, but heard somewhere that the voltage controller could have some problems after some time

Shocker003
01-30-2009, 05:55 AM
Yes Shocker.. i m on the way to buy it.

Also, I found this review
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=570160

You wounīt regret buying this pump. For the aquatuning price itīs a steal. i bought mine €89, without shipping.

do you have a review on it? i had noticed it too, but heard somewhere that the voltage controller could have some problems after some time

For those that need a review, try this link out.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170509&highlight=ap1510

I donīt use the voltage controller, my is conected directly to my psu and it still has enough head and has never had a hic hop ever since i installed it. knock on wood. Itīs the only 12v pump that is close to a Iwaki that i know atm, when the voltage controller is being used at 24v.

OdinEidolon
01-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Itīs the only 12v pump that is close to a Iwaki that i know atm, when the voltage controller is being used at 24v.

SANSO PDH054 is as good as an Iwaki, its very silent, and 12V :up:
thanks for the review!

EDIT: what's the noise profile compared to D5 and DCCs? anyone knows?

Eddie3dfx
01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
DDC is not silent. If you want silence, get an eheim from innovatek or aqua computers. They are simply silent.

OdinEidolon
01-30-2009, 06:34 AM
DDC is not silent. If you want silence, get an eheim from innovatek or aqua computers. They are simply silent.

i wouldnt describe DCCs as noisy tho... just like a 1200rpm fan to me

redgabber
01-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Nope, you won't see a DDC 3.2 or DDC 2 having 800 L/H installed in a loop, but neither will you see the CPX-Pro doing that when installed in a loop. (Reread Martin's test of the CPX-Pro again......realistic outputs from both the CPX and DDC completely depend upon the restrictions placed on the outlet of the pump.....i.e. tubing, blocks, rads, etc.)

That 800 L/H figure you see is wholly unrealistic as it represents a calculation done by the mfgr. based on a few minutes of pump output testing, output testing that was calculated when there were no flow restrictions placed on the outlet of the pump, by the way, like tubing.

I agree with you. But finally, i suspect the DDC 3.2 to do not beat the CPX-PRO as reviewer says, and this, with or without retrictive loop.
DDC 3.2 + Top gives 550 l/h max. Only magic spells bring the DDC to 800l/h !!! Ok there are restriction loops and variables..., but the rules are the same for both pump so... at equal pressure (4.3/4.7) i really doubt... hmmm Alien is still here mates. ;)

Note the CPX-Pro is bigger than a DDC, with stronger motor...so i don't think the manufacturer suxx with specifications.
I love the DDC, i use it, but... i enjoy to live on earth sometimes ^^

OdinEidolon
01-30-2009, 07:08 AM
I agree with you. But finally, i suspect the DDC 3.2 to do not beat the CPX-PRO as reviewer says, and this, with or without retrictive loop.
DDC 3.2 + Top gives 550 l/h max. Only magic spells bring the DDC to 800l/h !!! Ok there are restriction loops and variables..., but the rules are the same for both pump so... at equal pressure (4.3/4.7) i really doubt... hmmm Alien is still here mates. ;)

Note the CPX-Pro is bigger than a DDC, with stronger motor...so i don't think the manufacturer suxx with specifications.
I love the DDC, i use it, but... i enjoy to live on earth sometimes ^^

please DO NOT believe what vendor say... simply DONT. Martin's test showed its a good pump, but DCC+top is still better. i personally trust martin, he proved many times to deserve it with all his helpful reviews

SNiiPE_DoGG
01-30-2009, 07:13 AM
as far as I remember from the 2 years I have spent on this forum, the alphacool is very very loud at full speed

redgabber
01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
as far as I remember from the 2 years I have spent on this forum, the alphacool is very very loud at full speed

We are speaking about the DangerDen CPX-PRO mate ^^
you are confusing

SNiiPE_DoGG
01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
We are speaking about the DangerDen CPX-PRO mate ^^
you are confusing

but the alphacool is in the OP.....

I know the CPX-pro is a good pump, I had one for a bit but never used it, just sold it to another user who can make good use of it :)

redgabber
01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
please DO NOT believe what vendor say... simply DONT. Martin's test showed its a good pump, but DCC+top is still better. i personally trust martin, he proved many times to deserve it with all his helpful reviews

I read all Martin's review and i agree...
Sometimes i m just a little confused when i see a stronger and bigger pump, built like a D5 with better pressure, be kick by a small ddc pump, ok helped with Top, but tops are not the messie.
I just ask some question to understand where i miss something.

At least, DangerDen vendors are gold farmer only and sell wrong features ?
Damned ! Be sure i will ask them about their products. I want to read more about this pump...who is right ? who is wrong... My Euros/Dollars wants to know ! ^^

SNiiPE_DoGG
01-30-2009, 07:30 AM
I read all Martin's review and i agree.
Sometimes i m just a little confused when i see a stronger and bigger pump, built like a D5 with better pressure, be kick by a small ddc pump, ok helped with Top, but tops are not the messie.
I just ask some question to understand where i miss something.

At least, DangerDen vendors are gold farmer only and sell wrong features ?
Damned ! Be sure i will ask them about their products. I want to read more about this pump...who is right ? who is wrong... My Euros/Dollars wants to know ! ^^

The ddc-3.2 runs at higher amperes and as a result the motor has more power, fairly simple

Also the DDC impeller is optimized for pressure whereas the design of the CPX impeller lends itself to high flow but lower head

redgabber
01-30-2009, 07:35 AM
The ddc-3.2 runs at higher amperes and as a result the motor has more power, fairly simple

Also the DDC impeller is optimized for pressure whereas the design of the CPX impeller lends itself to high flow but lower head

So the 4.3 pressure specifications From DangerDen suxxx !?

SNiiPE_DoGG
01-30-2009, 07:40 AM
So the 4.3 pressure specifications From DangerDen suxxx !?

no, its accurate, but you have to remember that in martins review the CPX is compared to a stock ddc-3.2, with a top the 3.2 is significantly better

OdinEidolon
01-30-2009, 08:03 AM
sniipe explained it all. good job mate :up:
still, i really like the cpx-1 pro. i may get one, but dcc+top isnt a lot more expensive... thinking about it