PDA

View Full Version : SO Kali on FIRE

charlie
10-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Just sitting here watching the fire licking away at the hillsides, tried to take the family dog to the dog park, but the freeway was closed....this is a biggie!

C

isp
10-25-2003, 07:14 PM
I heard it was likely arson... :mad: Hopefully they get that under control soon... :eek:

Stay safe Charlie :D

EQuito
10-25-2003, 10:05 PM
http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/2003298-1025/California.A2003298.2105.1km.jpg

Dissolved
10-25-2003, 11:41 PM
im in Orange county, and im an hour or so away, but it smells heavely like smoke..

Skys are gray.. feels like 9/11 :|

Lady_Germ
10-26-2003, 10:17 PM
OMG!!
I saw that on the news hey!!
I would be so scared if i was there!
Just look after yourselves!!
You have my best wishes that they stop it soon!
x x x x x

EQuito
10-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm afraid is getting worse... :(

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/

Dissolved
10-27-2003, 01:39 AM
im gonna start packing if it gets any closer to OC.. :|

DaGooch
10-27-2003, 03:09 AM
It seems it is getting worse as the hours go by. :( My cars in the driveway are covered in fine white ash even though I live pretty far away from the fires.

Dissolved
10-27-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by DaGooch
It seems it is getting worse as the hours go by. :( My cars in the driveway are covered in fine white ash even though I live pretty far away from the fires.

Ditto..

9/11 reminder.. Sure feels odd.. i never thought in all my life id be threatended to death by massive fires..

i think the burned houses toll is 300+ and will probly be 500+ by morning :(

it was so smokely today the sun didnt even poke through during the afternoon.. it was very weird and scary feeling..

edit: My 1313th post :|

Dr. 1337
10-27-2003, 03:49 AM
What if it goes into the city? Why dont they just use oxygen bombs (sucks out all the oxygen) in the forests that are on fire?

sandman
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Dr. 1337
What if it goes into the city? Why dont they just use oxygen bombs (sucks out all the oxygen) in the forests that are on fire?

uhmm...those fires are f'in huge.

It seems to me that they ar emaking thier way out towards the desert, which is a hell along way for them to burn.

Best of luck to those of you in CA.

CCW
10-27-2003, 01:02 PM
The death toll is rising, all over news here in UK. Best wishes to everyone here and their families...hope you are all safe and well

EQuito
10-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Fortunately, those reports are false and there are no new victims since yesterday.
In fact, considering the magnitude of these fires it's a miracle that we had so few fatalities.
I think so far is up to 8 deaths half of which were due to heart attacks.

Things are improving now that the winds have calmed down. Thanks for the best wishes... :)

CCW
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh right, news here said it was 11 confired fatalities now. Good to hear its less, be better to hear no one died.

Twisted
10-27-2003, 01:23 PM
yea i have some family close to the fires and so far they are ok, lets hope it stays that way

Iridium192_217
10-27-2003, 01:33 PM
they moved the location of the chargers game....must be fairly serious

EQuito
10-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CCW
Oh right, news here said it was 11 confired fatalities now. Good to hear its less, be better to hear no one died. I guess your sources were correct afterall and there are 11 confirm victims in the San Diego County fire alone so if you add the 8 victims I was talking about, we are up to 19 so far... :(

JBELL
10-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Iridium192_217

yep and I get to go see it for free...

Iridium192_217
10-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
yep and I get to go see it for free...

have some doubts there.....then again you managed to get splinter cell for $4. Your rooting for the chargers right? They're my fav team.

JBELL
10-27-2003, 02:53 PM
have some doubts there.....then again you managed to get splinter cell for $4. Your rooting for the chargers right? They're my fav team.

I live in phoenix AZ...

Fans line up for game hours before kickoff

The Arizona Republic
Oct. 27, 2003 01:35 PM

By 9 a.m. Monday, some 200 fans already were lining up at Sun Devil stadium for a professional football game. It grew to a couple of thousand by noon. And that's still some seven hours before kickoff.

Certainly not a scene anyone here in the Valley can remember.

Then again, this is no usual NFL circumstance and, more strangely, not a game featuring the Arizona Cardinals.

Against the backdrop of a set of deadly wildfires raging through southern California, Tempe will bask in national limelight Monday night when the San Diego Chargers "host" the Miami Dolphins on a field that's home to the Cardinals and Arizona State University.

The game is free, with suggested donations that will go toward fire relief in California.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/1027football27-ON.html

JBELL
10-27-2003, 02:55 PM
"It shows the NFL that Arizona, and the Valley, is willing to step up and help out when they need help," Tempe Mayor Neil Giuliano said. "Hopefully they will remember that when they consider Arizona for a Super Bowl in a few days."

Tickets for the 7 p.m. game will be free by decree of NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who asked that fans make donations to the San Diego wildfire relief fund.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/1027cafootball27.html

JBELL
10-27-2003, 02:57 PM

Miami only becuase I need there defense to do good for my fantasy football league.

I was born and raised in Buffalo New York so naturally I hate the Dolphins..... but in this case I need the 'D' to do a lot tonight!

Turbo
10-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Cheech & Chong back in So. Cali :banana4:

Originally posted by EQuito
http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/2003298-1025/California.A2003298.2105.1km.jpg

EQuito
10-27-2003, 03:14 PM
wtf is wrong with you people? :mad:
How the f*ck do we go from talking about a tragedy to who will host the next Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

Turbo,
That's a 3 day old picture. Notice the San Diego County fire wasn't burning yet...

JBELL
10-27-2003, 03:31 PM
How the f*ck do we go from talking about a tragedy to who will host the next Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

Turbo,
That's a 3 day old picture. Notice the San Diego County fire wasn't burning yet...

Nothing the f*ck is wrong with me.... mind the language I know your upset.. here in AZ we have our fires too....

and this started it:

CCW
10-27-2003, 03:33 PM
I guess your sources were correct afterall and there are 11 confirm victims in the San Diego County fire alone so if you add the 8 victims I was talking about, we are up to 19 so far... :(

Geez thats bad, I havent seen an update on news yet this evening, I will check out some websites..... :(

CCW
10-27-2003, 03:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3219309.stm

majormav
10-27-2003, 04:15 PM
lets hope the fires can be brought under control and put out quickly with no more loss of life ,,,,, ive grabbed a few images off the net about the fires and scenes that we only expect to see in the movies are happening .... my thoughts are with you take care and be careful all in california

Iridium192_217
10-27-2003, 04:27 PM

Turbo,

maybe you should ask that to yourself, we never even said the word super bowl

yes its disasterous, so much so that they moved my favorite teams game to a new stadium

are you going to donate any money jbell?

Turbo
10-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Turbo,

Yea I noticed. Hope they put out the flame soon. My throat hurts from inhaling all the smoke and my car is full of ashes.

EQuito
10-27-2003, 05:08 PM
maybe you should ask that to yourself, we never even said the word super bowlFirst of all, let me apologize for being so harsh about it.
Second: my comment wasn't directed at you as much as it was at JBELL who posted a quote from some newspaper:
"It shows the NFL that Arizona, and the Valley, is willing to step up and help out when they need help," Tempe Mayor Neil Giuliano said. "Hopefully they will remember that when they consider Arizona for a Super Bowl in a few days."People are diying, houses are burning and all this guy (Mayor Neil Giuliano) can think of is getting the game to AZ... :rolleyes:

NWEng
10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
The Monday night football game is being played in my and JBELL's hometown tonight at Sun Devil Staduim. Tickets are free with a donation to the relief fund.

:cool:

sandman
10-27-2003, 05:40 PM

Turbo,

people die everyday, you don't think twice about those people do you?

EQuito
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by sandman
people die everyday, you don't think twice about those people do you? Yes I do and I guess you didn't read my last post so why don't you *EDITed by IFMU*

I can understand the feelings here, even if some posts werent read. Doesnt mean flaming will start to be allowed.
Please calm down, just re-quote your other post if someone says something.

As for others, time to calm down a little bit here.

IFMU

NWEng
10-27-2003, 05:58 PM
First of all, let me apologize for being so harsh about it.
Second: my comment wasn't directed at you as much as it was at JBELL who posted a quote from some newspaper:People are diying, houses are burning and all this guy (Mayor Neil Giuliano) can think of is getting the game to AZ... :rolleyes:

All the money from the donations for the tickets is going to the relief fund. The game was moved to Tempe because it's the closest available NFL stadium to San Diego. If you think the game should have been cancelled instead, talk to ABC and Paul Tagliabue and not JBELL.

:cool:

Iridium192_217
10-27-2003, 06:03 PM
qualcamm stadium is giving out relief aid to people living there. Give them a break!

you may want to retract you last statement equito, jbell is not one to be messed with!

EQuito
10-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Can't you people read? I give up...

kokoro_kara
10-29-2003, 08:11 PM
I thought the digression and its size was bad taste too. It was a sober thread till then.

And, I remember a certain person telling someone to step off on a 9-11 thread for digressing (more like perceptually challenging)that was of the same serious context.

Just my oberservation/IMO

Otherwise, Best of luck to everyone in California. I hope the devastation is as minimal as it can be and the healing is as quick as possible.

Peace,

K

charlie
10-29-2003, 10:48 PM
LAtest report from right here in SIMI Valley...it's Wed PM and the air was actually pretty clear today. Winds shifted from the ocean and are now blowing west to east, bringing us clean air. The da*n ash is everywhere mixed with some small pieces of charred bark, like 1cm...Everywhere I look, in all directions the hillsides are dead. A strange surreal white and black. I still have a cough, schools just reopened today, everybody's getting back to normal here...but now fires are cooking elsewhere... And to top it OFF, we had a small but firm 3.7 Earthquake this afternoon, lol, I remember back in 90 or 91 we had forest fires and a big 6+ earthquake in the same summer and everyone called it the year of "Shake and Bake"

C

Charles Wirth
10-30-2003, 01:07 AM
All day today Las Vegas was completely smoked in, very heavy overcast and no sun for us today. It still wreaks of smoke stench indoors.

IFMU
10-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Chill out here folks, things were said and mis-interpreted. Accept it and move on.

Everyone agrees this is a horrible ordeal, no ones questioned that.

Hopes go out to those in the area or with family there.

IFMU

CCW
10-30-2003, 05:58 AM
20 Dead now including 1 fireman, 3 other firemen were injured earlier :( Seen it on TV little while ago, they still blazing and fires are very fierce.

Arnie was on TV earlier making a speech, my 4 little brother (well he will be 4 on November 5th) who doesnt understand whats happening said,
"Look, theres the Terminator!"

JBELL
10-30-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by FUGGER
All day today Las Vegas was completely smoked in, very heavy overcast and no sun for us today. It still wreaks of smoke stench indoors.

thats just cheech and chong on tour.... vegas was the next stop.

kokoro_kara
10-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Big haze here in Vail, Colorado. Seems to fast to be California, but I don't think it could be any other fire.

Best of Luck,

K

space-ghost
10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
i moved out of orange county 3 years ago, all my relatives are still there and say its pretty bad :( :( :( :( :(