PDA

View Full Version : Any Crack addicts around there parts?

Revv23
01-08-2009, 03:01 PM
The ability to read e-mail that is received in real-time, anywhere, has made the BlackBerry devices infamously addictive, earning them the nickname "CrackBerry," a reference to the street-drug form of cocaine known as crack. Use of the term CrackBerry became so widespread that in November 2006 Webster's New World College Dictionary named "crackberry" the "New Word of the Year".

Just got new curve and man this thing is badass!

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrycurve/8300/

seriously it rocks my world... im someone who has a lot of experience with iphone (though never owned one) and this thing kills it. I phone sure looks cool and maybe itll get you laid or something but in terms on getting shift done-ness this thing rocks. I'm totally addicted to it. I've also had two palm based treo's (650, 680) and a windows based blackjack (first gen) The only one that holds a candle is the treo 650, but this is half the size and weight of that thing...

The only thing not sweet is that free games are hard to come by.

itznfb
01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
now you know why they call them crackberries. i still have the old 8700 series (brick). my company gives us new ones every two years and unfortunately i was one of the last ones to get a brick before they starting using the pearl and 8830. i'm due for a new one in a few months so they'll probably give me the storm. i just wish it had RDP =\

l33t p1mp
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I've had my curve 8310 for a little while now. Freaking addicted to that thing. There's not a minute where I'm NOT on msn in my day.

Revv23
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Haha i know it's upstairs right now and i feel naked...

i see why people are so obsessed with these for productivity... how about i never miss an email, aim/msn msg, phone or text again... oh and i never miss another appt either.

I cant break 9k in brickbreaker my next big poop though and its over.

EDIT- Whats RDP?

itznfb
01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Haha i know it's upstairs right now and i feel naked...

i see why people are so obsessed with these for productivity... how about i never miss an email, aim/msn msg, phone or text again... oh and i never miss another appt either.

I cant break 9k in brickbreaker my next big poop though and its over.

EDIT- Whats RDP?

remote desktop
we constantly get alerts on our servers while at lunch or dinner and it would be nice to just remote in from the blackberry. so a couple people get stuck with the MotoQ that has some 3rd party remoting software

Revv23
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Kinda like this?

http://www.rdmplus.com/?platform=none

http://www.rdmplus.com/rdm/bb/index.html

http://www.rdmplus.com/tsm/bb/

itznfb
01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
yea, but we're not allowed to install it on our blackberries because it's not supported by RIM or something

Revv23
01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
lol but they can put a 3rd party app on thier moto Q's?

Sounds just like a big corporation lol.

itznfb
01-09-2009, 02:19 PM
well, i guess the rdp app for the Q is supported by motorola, so our communications/wireless team doesn't need to support it. it's stupid.

TiTON
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
If you want even more time suck crackberry.. add the Gmail on there too :P Between checking work and personal emails, you are on there ALL the time :P I don't even dare to put IM on there.

Ton

Revv23
01-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Yup I've got the google app on there already!

Awesome push app for gmail! you dont even have to set anything up... brilliant.

I will say that the facebook app is a waste of time... may as well use the browser to get to it.

inCore
01-12-2009, 06:18 AM
I have a Blackberry Bold. I treasure the red, blinking light more than my pulse. I have MSN on it and I'm never offline. Crackberry.com has become my second home and I can't leave the room without my Bold. I had custom themes on it within 2 days and I've gone and updated the firmware with beta versions. I have a million apps that I can all find a use for and I still feel like it can do so much more.

[XC] itznfb, don't get the Storm if you have the option between the Storm or the Bold. One of the main points of a Blackberry is the keyboard, adding a touchscreen demotes you to the level of an iPhone user. You can't use an iPhone on the go, you have to stop to use it. A Blackberry on the other hand...

itznfb
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
we only use verizon. if i wanted to get the bold i'd have to pay for an at&t plan out of my pocket

Revv23
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I wish i could have gotten the bold... maybe once it become cheaper. :)

inCore... what are your favorite apps?

Rmrdr13
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I have the Pearl 8110. I used to have an iPhone but when I got fed up with that my brothers told me I should get one and oh my god, it's the best phone i've ever owned!

Reznik Akime
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I was given an 8700c by a friend after my Pantech Duo took a dive on concrete.

I like it, however I don't think it's all that great. Useful and versatile, but not what I'm looking for.

inCore
01-15-2009, 08:28 AM
I wish i could have gotten the bold... maybe once it become cheaper. :)

inCore... what are your favorite apps?

The simple ones tend to be the most useful, the Gmail and MSN messenger apps for example. I'm trying to find another RSS feed reader than Viigo, I'm looking forward to getting things such as autoblog.com and engadget.com directly onto my phone. Then there's Google Maps that works really well too.

Quest_7F
01-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Although many people think iPhone is instant lay, no lol, doesnt work like that, doesnt even make sense, wow:ROTF:

I do however like the Crack better than the iPhone.

Revv23
01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok everyone make sure to get the opera browser (much better than stock imo)

Then make sure you get flycast; it's over 1000 channels of streaming radio, and the stations are really good.

Also, make sure you have OS 4.5 or later, my phone came with 4.4 and it didn't play youtube videos, with 4.5 this works and the sound quality is really good; though the video is pretty (understandably) choppy. (though on my curve you cant make it full screen, eve when you check the fullscreen box.)

Demthios
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope that the next Opera version has support for the storm in it. Kinda annoying with how you have to manually bring up the keyboard all the time.

Asgard_thor
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm using the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, pretty nice and speedy after a few tweaks
whenever Android is fully adopted I will probably switch the OS to that

KELL5
01-27-2009, 02:12 AM
seriously it rocks my world... im someone who has a lot of experience with iphone (though never owned one) and this thing kills it. I phone sure looks cool and maybe itll get you laid or something but in terms on getting shift done-ness this thing rocks. I'm totally addicted to it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VOIjXw41pvI

This is your life now, that's what excites you....rofl

glad your chuffed mate :p:

Asgard_thor
01-27-2009, 07:03 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VOIjXw41pvI

This is your life now, that's what excites you....rofl

glad your chuffed mate :p:

if your a real addict

overclock it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

inCore
01-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Ok everyone make sure to get the opera browser (much better than stock imo)

Then make sure you get flycast; it's over 1000 channels of streaming radio, and the stations are really good.

Also, make sure you have OS 4.5 or later, my phone came with 4.4 and it didn't play youtube videos, with 4.5 this works and the sound quality is really good; though the video is pretty (understandably) choppy. (though on my curve you cant make it full screen, eve when you check the fullscreen box.)

I find the standard browser to be better than Opera, but the standard one fails with some things by me. For example, when I go to Google images, only half of the picture will load when I try to enlarge it.

I'm having some trouble getting Flycast to work, trying it again right now. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in Switzerland but it does, apparently, work outside the US too.

Edit: Turns out that it's just my carrier that's behind the rest of the world once again. I have to select an APN but Swisscom (my carrier) doesn't really offer any support for Blackberrys. I could only find the 2G APN on the internet, I suspect that I'm going to go find some people that I can hold responsible in a Swisscom center later on today.

Before I updated my firmware I had the problem that half of my songs on my Bold wouldn't show up, the new firmware fixed that. There's also a leaked version of the 4.6 firmware out on the internet right now, more info on the forums at www.crackberry.com.

I hope that the next Opera version has support for the storm in it. Kinda annoying with how you have to manually bring up the keyboard all the time.

It's not specifically supported for any particular mobile device, it's just sort of a cross-platform application. This explains why it displays most things really well but isn't as comfortable to use as the stock browser.

And that video is damn funny, it does support the image of a typical Blackberry user - he's always the guy walking a few meters behind his friends, looking down at his phone.

Revv23
02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok I found some new APPs that are awesome.

First one is an awesome RSS reader called VIIGO. Very nice one stop shop for any RSS feed, plus you can do other stuff like search for flights and weather with it.

Second is an app called slacker. This is like Flycast on crack. First the sound quality is about 100% better than flycast. Second, unlike flycast, this still works in low signal areas. (like myt office) And Third, if you have an internal memory card, you can store stations on your memory card when you connect to your pc via usb. Meaning it downloads the station and palys it like it would be streaming music. I havent figured out how long it stores each station but i have gotten at least four hours on the jam station in an area with no service. Really sweet makes my workday go much smoother.

[XC] moddolicous
05-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Well, I am officially upgrading from a SLVR L7 to a Blackberry Bold. I can't wait. I only got to mess around with it in the store, but it was awesome.

[XC] moddolicous
06-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just got my blackberry bold and it is AWESOME! Everything is smooth and quick, I love it! My only question is, what apps are you guys using and for what? I've been reading the crackberry forums a lot the past week, and will upgrade the phone to the 4.6.0.266 OS once I feel I need to (no problems yet, and too afraid to fix something that isn't broken). VIIGO and slacker sounds like some musts, but I've read bad things about the facebook chat app, so I'll stick with the browser for that.