PDA

View Full Version : Razer Mamba, new wireless gaming mouse

kuhla
01-08-2009, 12:19 PM
So this is Razer's first wireless gaming mouse that was announced today. It uses a hybrid setup like the Microsoft Sidewinder X8. It seems to use the Deathadder's shapre but there are some extra buttons and a battery display added on. Not sure which sensor they are using because I don't know any off the top of my head that do 5600dpi. I don't see anything on Avago's mouse sensors page (http://www.avagotech.com/pages/en/consumer/laser_and_optical_mice/) that shows that kind of performance.

main product page - http://www.razerzone.com/p-198-razer-mamba...ming-mouse.aspx (http://www.razerzone.com/p-198-razer-mamba-wireless-laser-gaming-mouse.aspx)
more stuff - http://www2.razerzone.com/mamba/trailer.html
more stuff - http://www2.razerzone.com/mamba/index.html

* Gaming Grade Wireless Technology
* Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality
* Razer Synapse™ On-board Memory
* 5600DPI Razer Precision™ 3.5G Laser sensor
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response rate
* Up to 200 inches per second*/ 50g acceleration
* Approximate size: 128mm x 70mm x 42.5mm
* Battery Life: 14hrs (continuous gaming); 72 hours (normal gaming usage)
* Depends on surface used

HuffPCair
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
ah you beat me to it. Lol Looks good but the price is a bit high for me, but with all the nice features it isnt to bad i guess.

funk32
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Ive been waiting for a good wireless mouse. i have the Lachesis but time to move on

Splave
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
looks like a hoof

HuffPCair
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah I want to see how performs before I buy it, but I would like a wireless mouse.

JoeBar
01-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Seems interesting. I would like a comparison between it and Sidewinder X8. Plus wired vs wireless performance diffs.

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Almost exact same Death Adder shape, extra buttons that looks usable, a 5600dpi (overkill?) laser sensor that is purported to not have negative acceleration problems like other lasers, and wireless/wired hybrid mode... it looks like this could be the bar none greatest mouse currently out, at least if it doesn't have the same overkill horizontal correction some Razer mice have.

largon
01-08-2009, 12:44 PM
"wired vs wireless performance diffs"

As if there was any.

itznfb
01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
2.4ghz wireless = fail.

largon
01-08-2009, 12:50 PM
What's so bad about BT?
My diNovo Edge (BT) works flawlessly in any situation or distance. But my old, RF-connected MX1000 drops out completely if I move the thing further than 2 meters from the receiver. No problems whatsoever at below "the critical distance".

ryboto
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
maybe this will get Logitech to update the friggin G7. I mean, I love the mouse, but c'mon!

XSAlliN
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
What's so bad about BT?
My diNovo Edge (BT) works flawlessly in any situation or distance. But my old, RF-connected MX1000 drops out completely if I move the thing further than 2 meters from the receiver. No problems whatsoever at below "the critical distance".

Guess you're not a extreme FPS gamer. For casual gamers it makes no difference, with time they get used to it. It's not like you have to hit you enemy in the head as soon as it poops in your face. :) I'm not in to that anymore, but I still know that is the difference between a Pro and a so called noob. :D

Xoulz
01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm on my 3rd G7 and will buy this mouse when it is released. There is very little difference from a wired or wireless mouse. I just hope the ergonomics are better (I have small hands).

JoeBar
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
"wired vs wireless performance diffs"

As if there was any.
I've had G7 for nearly a year and moved to wired mouses on my gaming rig. Believe me there are some diffs, although slight.

IronWarrior
01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Do you guys think this is better than the SteelSeries Ikari Laser?

largon
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Well...
My MX1000 doesn't stop me from, more often than not (http://test.crystats.com/crysis_player/largon), leading the scoreboard in Crysis (and Wars) MP. And just to not appear as a rugged hardcore gamer; Crysis is the first internet MP FPS I've ever played.
But now I feel awkward for saying that.
:\

Manicdan
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
how can a mouse have a 1ms response time, if usb is 125hz or am i somehow mistaken?

revenant
01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
looks like a hoof

not just an ordinary hoof... but an evil hoof!

evil, like it's the fru-its of the dev-il. ;)

HiJon89
01-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Well...
My MX1000 doesn't stop me from, more often than not, leading the scoreboard in Crysis (and Wars) MP. And just to not appear as a rugged hardcore gamer; Crysis is the first internet MP FPS I've ever played.
But now I feel awkward for saying that.
:\
Well if the pubstar says it's good :p:

Helmore
01-08-2009, 01:34 PM
how can a mouse have a 1ms response time, if usb is 125hz or am i somehow mistaken?

Razer's drivers increase the polling rate to 1000 Hz. to make that possible. There have been a couple software tricks to do the same for any device, although it may not always be stable. Razer has just included this option in their drivers, for quite some time now already, and they will assure you that it works properly and stable. I've heard though that it is not allowed to do such 'tricks' at pro-gamer events, but I'm not sure if even this is not allowed (through the supplied drivers I mean).

largon
01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Ack!
I knew I should've kept quiet.
http://largon.wippiespace.com/smilies/1417.gif
And now you quoted it...
http://largon.wippiespace.com/smilies/shakefist.gif

edit:
Tee-hee!

STaRGaZeR
01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
maybe this will get Logitech to update the friggin G7. I mean, I love the mouse, but c'mon!

New G7 = instant buy.

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Do you guys think this is better than the SteelSeries Ikari Laser?

The mouse itself? Most probably. But the strong point of the Ikari is that the drivers let you set the amount of horizontal correction (which makes it easier to draw a straight horizontal line, but is not always the best for gaming) while Razer has been known to have very aggressive horizontal correction in some of it's mice.

Tancoll
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Update your usbport.sys to someone that supports 1000hz and it will work.
I got 500, since most devices supports it.

Razer's drivers increase the polling rate to 1000 Hz. to make that possible. There have been a couple software tricks to do the same for any device, although it may not always be stable. Razer has just included this option in their drivers, for quite some time now already, and they will assure you that it works properly and stable. I've heard though that it is not allowed to do such 'tricks' at pro-gamer events, but I'm not sure if even this is not allowed (through the supplied drivers I mean).

The limit is in the drivers, update to a usbport.sys that supports 1000 and it will work. 500 is good enough for me, and most pro gamers in Europe when it comes to CS 1.6.
I usually work at DreamHack with IT support for the professional gamers, and they whine like small :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:es if 500hz doesn't work. Fun as hell, specially when your explaining that you cant use a USB soundcard with 500hz.

cadaveca
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
This mouse is more like lachesis than deathadder...await more pics. ;)

http://kotaku.com/5126402/ces-09-razer-bringing-high+grade-expensiveness-to-ces

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Nah, I'm holding my Death Adder up to the picture and the shape is close to exact. The Lachesis is completely different, ambidextrous design instead of right handed mold, the weird bump at the back, and the classic boomslang like large front buttons. Both pages also say "Approximate size: 128mm x 70mm x 42.5mm"

Lachesis
http://www.razerzone.com/images/product/medium/66_6.jpg
Death Adder
http://www.razerzone.com/images/product/medium/69_3.jpg
Mamba
http://www.razerzone.com/images/product/medium/198_6.JPG

Manicdan
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
i have a copperhead, and its great for everything, except the feel and difficulty to press the side buttons, i dont even use the back ones. i should upgrade but i dont like wireless.

cadaveca
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Nah, I'm holding my Death Adder up to the picture and the shape is close to exact. The Lachesis is completely different, ambidextrous design instead of right handed mold, the weird bump at the back, and the classic boomslang like large front buttons.
[/IMG]
Heh...trust me. ;) The front end is the same as lachesis, it's just slightly different curve to the sides for the bottom and top, and how they mate, that gives the difference in appearance.. Still ambidextrous mouse, BTW, ...buttons are not as stiff as before...angled more to be easier to press...you'll see reviews very soon methinks. ;)

mouse is wired, or wireless, BTW.

take a look as this pic, and tell me again, not like lachesis...:rofl:..I said, wait for more pics...;) But yeah, back end is like deathadder...but rest is lachesis. I actually wish this WAS the lachesis...then I wouldn't haveto buy another mouse! lol.

Hmmm...is actually very muc halike deathadder, I suppose I may be wrong...:rofl:

Pinacolada
01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Razer mouses have nice shape but poor quality I've owned two of them and they broke (same issue) after a year or so left button stopped to work as it should (it needed two clicks or more to actually register a click) I suspect sensors which are under buttons wear off fast.

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I think you're crazy, even though it sounds like you have one ;)

And while the slant might not be as aggressive as some, it's definitely not ambidextrous.

Look closely at the plastic side parts -- slightly different curve -- although it is possible the camera is not dead center.

http://www.razerzone.com/images/product/medium/198_4.JPG

Maybe the buttons feel more like Lachesis, but since they aren't extending out to the side as much they look like Death Adder.

3NZ0
01-08-2009, 02:30 PM

My deathadder looks almost identical to the new one apart from the extra buttons and the indicator. Looks nothing like the deathadder you posted.

* 5600DPI Razer Precision™ 3.5G Laser sensor

LOL Need moar dee pee aye

cadaveca
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I just love the button placement. I only use two of the extra buttons on my lachesis...I'll use all 4 on the Mamba...

usb slot in front for charging/wired operation...?

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
My deathadder looks almost identical to the new one apart from the extra buttons and the indicator. Looks nothing like the deathadder you posted.

Heh. I think one of those Death Adder's was supposed to be typed as Lachesis, not sure which one though.

usb slot in front for charging/wired operation...?

I guess so, but another pick shows a separate charger.

hoax
01-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I just love the button placement.

-1 :p:

it looks real nice, hybrid concept = :up:, new scroll wheel = :up:, the only thing I don't like is the position of the new buttons :down:, I am trying to click on that area on my DA and it feels very uncomfortable to me..

still tempting tho..

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it seems like it would be easy to press the wrong one or both by mistake.

Caveman787
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Seems kinda like a mix between a lachesis and deathadder with some useless added features.

5600 dpi...for gaming thats way overkill.

The wireless idea if good will be nice though whats the price?

That what will define if people like me will get it and I have a feeling it's gonna be the most expensive mouse ever basically.

XS Janus
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I just wanna know if the mouse wheel has steps when you roll it or does it roll smoothly!?

I it has steps, I will buy it!
:)

ColonelCain
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Hmmm... this looks quite good. Currently own a G7 + Ratpadz XT. Very good combo IMO. If this G7 wears out and Logitech decides to not update it, then I will get this.

hurleybird
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I just wanna know if the mouse wheel has steps when you roll it or does it roll smoothly!?

I it has steps, I will buy it!
:)

It's a Razer so it's safe to assume there are steps.

BababooeyHTJ
01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Wireless gaming mouse? Ill pass on that.

lm358
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh no it's laser.. I would have preferred the optical sensor :-(

krogen
01-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh no it's laser.. I would have preferred the optical sensor :-(

Umm, and what's the reasoning?

ToTTenTranz
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I love the PS3-like charging mode.

One_Hertz
01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
wireless mice are too heavy :shrug:

stayfrosty
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
looks ok but wired > wireless, forever its physically impossible with today's technology for a wireless connection to be faster than a wired one.
subjectively you can say "you can't feel the lag" may be true however objectively its there whether you like it or not =p

Hidetaka
01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Finally! It's a bit too tall but I'll give it a try anyways :>

Now all I need is a wireless kayboard...

phelan1777
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Wireless =:down:

noinimod
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, seeing how razer has such a notorious rep with bugs even with their WIRED mice.. i'm not all that optimistic about the wireless. The hump at the back looks kinda uncomfortable to hold man

Knight203
01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
As a real "pro" gamer (Sponsored to play a video game lol?) "Wireless" and "Gaming" should never be said in the same sentence...I will stick to my 4 year old g5 or my 2 year old Habu...Wired is the only way for true game enthusiasts.

reberto
01-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, seeing how razer has such a notorious rep with bugs even with their WIRED mice.. i'm not all that optimistic about the wireless. The hump at the back looks kinda uncomfortable to hold man

What "bugs" have you heard of?

T_Flight
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Wireless Gaming Mouse = Oxymoron. Even Razer Advertises this on their own website. I have no idea why they'd contradict themselves like that.

5600 DPI? Stupid...just absolutely rediculous. There is absolutely nothing that a sensor like that could do, that a 2000 DPI can't and even if you were a bioloical freak you couldn't tell any difference except for the cost of the sensor.

That Mouse is also NOT ambidextrous. Abidextrous by it's very definition means left or right handed and can go both ways. There is no way that mouse is gonna have the same feel both right and lefty. It's two completely different shapes on each side.

The scroll wheel? Yeah, that's nice. It looks nice.

Shape? Could be a little flatter. Has a pretty drastic hump to it.

Personally I'm a Copperhead Fan. After that generation I really don't think they could've improved on Mice. They nailed it perfect with that one. AFter that it's just been sensor specs for the sake of sesnor specs without any real measureable gains in actual gaming use. Human beings use these devices...not robots.

OutSider
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
i don`t agree with you to me looks more like deathadder then lachesis and i have deathadder and i can compare it with that one on pics :)

Knight203
01-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Ive had a DeathAdder(RIP), Copperhead(RIP), Habu and a Lachesis it looks more like a hunched back version of the deathadder I have sitting here. I would like to review this mouse and see if it lives up to the hype.

Shakti
01-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Full ack @ T Flight, but i might consider buying this new wireless razer -

but only if they bring out a wired version, hehe.

Knight203
01-09-2009, 02:39 AM
This mouse has the option to run in wired mode. Not bashing but friendly advice: Read up a bit on a subject before commenting :up:

Shakti
01-09-2009, 02:59 AM
You would not recognize a joke if it jumped into your face.

ToTTenTranz
01-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I think people should try or at least wait for reviews before bashing a new product...

And BTW, in my home my wireless connection is actually faster than my wired connection, because I have an Ethernet 100Mbps switch and I just got myself a wireless-N router.

Vinas
01-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Nobody above CALo/CEVOa would use a wireless mouse sad to say. Although it looks promising, I'll stick with my DA.

tiro_uspsss
01-09-2009, 05:16 AM
& the DPI wars continue.....

:yawn2:

naokaji
01-09-2009, 05:56 AM
& the DPI wars continue.....
:yawn2:

Yup, dpi alone is pretty pointless, it's like counting pixels with a digital camera, a crap mouse with 15000 dpi will be worse than a quality one with 3000 dpi, just like a crappy point and click camera with 10 megapixels still makes worse pictures than a high quality 5 megapixel one.

XSAlliN
01-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Ack!
I knew I should've kept quiet.
http://largon.wippiespace.com/smilies/1417.gif
And now you quoted it...
http://largon.wippiespace.com/smilies/shakefist.gif

edit:
Tee-hee!

Crysis in MP is more 4 fun, then competition. :) The years of Quake or gone, but CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament (alternative for quake) are still known as top FPS when it comes to hardcore shooters.. Fallowed by CoD 4, BF2 and the rest... but first two count more on aiming capabilities, for the second you need some good staffing skills as well. :up:

You even enjoyed you MX 1000, wile world pro gamers find it to be a big disappointment, something that could cripple their skills. But like I said before, for casual FPS gaming, with friend or on general/public servers it should be just fine.

...just like a crappy point and click camera with 10 megapixels still makes worse pictures than a high quality 5 megapixel one.

Compact, 10 MP and 3 x Optical Zoom .... :down:

Ive had a DeathAdder(RIP)

I still have mine in several pieces... (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158971) :(

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/166/picture003qm8.jpg

LagunaX
01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Wow, I thought I paid premium for my Lachesis but this baby is $130!

Brother Esau
01-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I have been using Razer Mice since they came about and will buy no other but geez $130.00 that is ridiculous ..........they can keep it.

Xope_Poquar
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
not just an ordinary hoof... but an evil hoof!

evil, like it's the fru-its of the dev-il. ;)

Should have named it the Razor Camel-Toe.

Bo_Fox
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Nice to see the prices going up. Now a new standard for the gamer's wireless mouse at $130, huh?

th3pwn3r
01-09-2009, 04:55 PM
What "bugs" have you heard of?

The ones I heard of are from my own experience. I've had problems several times with it keeping my settings in the software. Other than the software it's worked fine. I also have a DeathAdder and the Mamba looks a lot more like the Mamba to me as well as opposed to the Lachesis.

On another note, did you guys see the 2 new headsets they're coming out with? The "Megalodon" and "Carcharias"....

T_Flight
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
OK, I'll add some positive notes, becasue my post above did sound a little too negative after rereading it. This mouse is definitely an improvement in technology. For the person who wants the very best and doesn't care about the cost this is a good mouse. There is no question about that.

My post was more about the point of diminishing returns with this DPI stuff. I mean c'mon now, isn't it getting a little silly now with it? I do have to give them credit though, they do have the very best sensors around. There is no question about that. They definitely live up to their name.

I've read reviews on their mice before and they always say the asame thing. Razer was designed "For gamers by gamers" that is their slogan. I also have read on their site where they say point blank that professionals use wired devices, and wireless always will give you lag. These pro's deal with split seconds and their paychecks are riding on that mouse quite literally. If it doesn't do exactly what they make it it do, when they make it do it they'll get fragged and so will their bank account.

I would like to see a comparison of wireless and wired mode. My money would be riding on max performance being obtained using wired though. Unless they've made some huge breakthrough that has changed the laws of physics, or tricked those laws into favoring wireless I cannot see a wireless mouse outperforming a wired one.

Razer also uses special wire going to their mice. It's one of their selling points. It doesn't tangle or interfere with your movements, and while it is advertising it is the truth. I've noticed a distinct difference when using it compared to other non gaming mice.

Razer makes quality stuff. That's why I own one. I have always bought topline stuff. Sometimes some of this technology gets a little silly though. My intent wasn't to bash Razer. I like them alot, but I really think these DPI specs are getting kind of rediculous.

th3pwn3r
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
OK, I'll add some positive notes, becasue my post above did sound a little too negative after rereading it. This mouse is definitely an improvement in technology. For the person who wants the very best and doesn't care about the cost this is a good mouse. There is no question about that.

My post was more about the point of diminishing returns with this DPI stuff. I mean c'mon now, isn't it getting a little silly now with it? I do have to give them credit though, they do have the very best sensors around. There is no question about that. They definitely live up to their name.

I've read reviews on their mice before and they always say the asame thing. Razer was designed "For gamers by gamers" that is their slogan. I also have read on their site where they say point blank that professionals use wired devices, and wireless always will give you lag. These pro's deal with split seconds and their paychecks are riding on that mouse quite literally. If it doesn't do exactly what they make it it do, when they make it do it they'll get fragged and so will their bank account.

I would like to see a comparison of wireless and wired mode. My money would be riding on max performance being obtained using wired though. Unless they've made some huge breakthrough that has changed the laws of physics, or tricked those laws into favoring wireless I cannot see a wireless mouse outperforming a wired one.

Razer also uses special wire going to their mice. It's one of their selling points. It doesn't tangle or interfere with your movements, and while it is advertising it is the truth. I've noticed a distinct difference when using it compared to other non gaming mice.

Razer makes quality stuff. That's why I own one. I have always bought topline stuff. Sometimes some of this technology gets a little silly though. My intent wasn't to bash Razer. I like them alot, but I really think these DPI specs are getting kind of rediculous.

I disagree in regards to the wire going to their mice, mine caused backlash or pressure on the mouse and that is why I use Razer's Armadillo cable management.

LiquidReactor
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Nice button placement. For once it looks like Razer got their stuff together and put out a fine product. Those two side buttons on the left mouse button would be great for macro'ing stuff like double taps in cs, or triple taps etc. I only hope logitech steps up and makes something comparable to this mouse.

Swatrecon_
01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I think people should try or at least wait for reviews before bashing a new product...

And BTW, in my home my wireless connection is actually faster than my wired connection, because I have an Ethernet 100Mbps switch and I just got myself a wireless-N router.

So, you think that router's going to help your mouse huh? Good luck with that. :rofl:

LiquidReactor
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I disagree in regards to the wire going to their mice, mine caused backlash or pressure on the mouse and that is why I use Razer's Armadillo cable management.

Logitechs G9 and Ikari optical/laser are a lot worse in the negative feedback of the cord due to its woven design. Really pissed me off when I used to play competitive source.

gatecrasherlok
01-10-2009, 01:23 AM
I have never had any problems with my lachesis and copperhead whatsoever and love them to bits. I will defintately give the mamba a go. Price is definately out of the ordinary but if you want to put it into a certain context, it's one of the few peripherals that you use most of the time so imo it justifies the price (marginally before people start saying, you also use a keyoboard just as much why didnt you get a art lebvedev)

Don't know much about you guys but when gaming there is a standard that I have always gone by and that is a wired mouse. For browsing and mouse friendly apps I use wireless mouse for freedom. Now that they are bringing out a gaming wireless mouse I'd give it a go before putting up stupid criticism and be left eating my own words later.

But yeah it looks promising and from a brand that I recommend

saki_bomber
01-10-2009, 01:49 AM
The mouse itself? Most probably. But the strong point of the Ikari is that the drivers let you set the amount of horizontal correction (which makes it easier to draw a straight horizontal line, but is not always the best for gaming) while Razer has been known to have very aggressive horizontal correction in some of it's mice.

one reason i picked the ikari over the G9 - i couldnt get the G9 to draw a curved line for the life of me. i dont want to draw boxes with my mouse when im curving it down. not good when you work in photoshop either.
i did notice that the DA was a very close second to the ikari in that department, at least the DA i was using.

i would def get this mouse when it comes out, 130 price tag and all, cause i'm a mouse whore. its like a disease:(
it better be worth it tho. and 5600DPI? WTF razer, no one will EVER use that kind of DPI, i dont understand why it would be set so high, personally on my ikari i have mine set to 1330 and i'll never have to change it again unless i get a 30" monitor which will probably be never.

Swatrecon_
01-10-2009, 08:05 AM
one reason i picked the ikari over the G9 - i couldnt get the G9 to draw a curved line for the life of me. i dont want to draw boxes with my mouse when im curving it down. not good when you work in photoshop either.
i did notice that the DA was a very close second to the ikari in that department, at least the DA i was using.

i would def get this mouse when it comes out, 130 price tag and all, cause i'm a mouse whore. its like a disease:(
it better be worth it tho. and 5600DPI? WTF razer, no one will EVER use that kind of DPI, i dont understand why it would be set so high, personally on my ikari i have mine set to 1330 and i'll never have to change it again unless i get a 30" monitor which will probably be never.

No one will EVER need more than 640k of RAM. EVER.

Never say never. There might be screens 5 years from now with resolutions 4 times what we have.

Soulburner
01-11-2009, 05:54 AM
No one will EVER need more than 640k of RAM. EVER.

Never say never. There might be screens 5 years from now with resolutions 4 times what we have.
Or the way we think of "resolution" may completely change. There is more than one way to display an image.

Neuuubeh
01-11-2009, 06:08 AM
Or the way we think of "resolution" may completely change. There is more than one way to display an image.

Err I defo wouldnt be using a mouse (a 2d one at least) for any of those other ways..
Bumping the DPI has been only a marketing gig for the last 5 years in my opinion. If you cant hit anything in FPS (what other game type can make use of extreme precision??), chances are, its not that mouse thats faulty. If you miss simple tactics, prediction and locating based on sound or w/e, nothing can help you..
Of course, thats the beauty of it, everyone can think whatever they like :).

ericware
01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Razer always comes with beautiful design .. I like boomslang tho

Asgard_thor
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I really do like the concept, I would have to say that the Habu is fast enough for me, fits my hand perfectly, I would need to see how this fits in my hand to see if i liked it,