PDA

View Full Version : **Problems with YATE LOONS**

exemay
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Just thaught that id give you guys a heads up if you recently orderd any yate loons, as i got this email a few minuites ago informing me that my order has been canceled:

****Thank you for your order. Unfortunately we have sent all the D12-SM fans back to our distributor after customers reported clicking from the motor after 1-2 days use. This is a random problem that affects yate loons. We will be replacing the D12-SM fans but we cannot give a precise date as these are supplied from Germany.****

just a lil heads up

exe

N19h7m4r3
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
No wonder my order of those still hasn't arrived.

I contacted the place I ordered from and they said they were receiving new ones to ship out.

Ozzfest05
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Just got mine running for a few days no problems but they are the d12's which are red and black

WhiteFireDragon
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
what online store did you buy these from?

Zeus
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Does this only effect the SM types or all Yate Loons?

exemay
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
i orderd them from
http://watercooled-pcs.co.uk/en/
on monday....guess my build wont be up and going for a while. nowhere has stock of anything, and its :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing me off, i had to source my rads, compression fittings and tubing from different supliers cause no where has stock

Boogerlad
01-07-2009, 03:08 PM
order from petras who buy from yate loon directly.

N19h7m4r3
01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Would order from Petra's but shipping to EU for just a few fans is crazy.

exemay
01-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Would order from Petra's but shipping to EU for just a few fans is crazy.

yup i second that, and also if i was to order from the US and they where faulty, it would be such a hastle sending them back, it wouldnt be worth it

jab-tech
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
i orderd them from
http://watercooled-pcs.co.uk/en/
on monday....guess my build wont be up and going for a while. nowhere has stock of anything, and its :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing me off, i had to source my rads, compression fittings and tubing from different supliers cause no where has stock

Whats the manufacture date.. Its a 3 digit number at the bottom of the sticker.

exemay
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM

i dno, i never got the fans, my order was canceld before they sent them out

NaeKuh
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM

woo hoo john you finally joined us!

welcome to XS john!

:party:

Brodholm
01-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I just bought some fans from petras. The SL version. But and all of them has the "fan" (the thing with the blade attached to it) mounted of center. So it vobbels and creates vibrations. Not very satisfied with the yates I must say... I have a yate SH that was originally mounted in a PSU and that one is just fine. Maybe it is something wrong? But then Ill have to send them to the US and that is not cheap!

We where 3 ppl who made an order of 20 fans total. And all of them have the same problem, some more than the others but all had the problem

And if I remember correct, one of the fans had a clicking noise. But I have only been using some of the fans when I tested for leeks. And that was about 1 day. Maybe I should let them spin for some time.

Edit:

My yates (S12SL) have the number "810"

NaeKuh
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Jab-Tech traced the difference in fans on model numbers.

Thats why john is asking for the 3 digit code the fans have.

When vapor ran the test, he was using the old yates jab-tech carried. John no long carries those anymore.

Which is why he wants to know model numbers incase new model yates poped out.

gillbot
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
woo hoo john you finally joined us!

welcome to XS john!

:party:

jab-tech

:rofl:

[XC] riptide
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
jab-tech

:owned: :up:

Vapor
01-07-2009, 06:12 PM
When vapor ran the test, he was using the old yates jab-tech carried. John no long carries those anymore.Production date was never the issue. :confused:

Demthios
01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
That explains it.... I ordered my back before thanksgiving and they are already clicking, a quick thump to the center of the fan and they stop. Plan on replacing them at some point of time just haven't gotten around to it...

warriorpoet
01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I just bought some fans from petras. The SL version. But and all of them has the "fan" (the thing with the blade attached to it) mounted of center. So it vobbels and creates vibrations. Not very satisfied with the yates I must say... I have a yate SH that was originally mounted in a PSU and that one is just fine. Maybe it is something wrong? But then Ill have to send them to the US and that is not cheap!

We where 3 ppl who made an order of 20 fans total. And all of them have the same problem, some more than the others but all had the problem

And if I remember correct, one of the fans had a clicking noise. But I have only been using some of the fans when I tested for leeks. And that was about 1 day. Maybe I should let them spin for some time.

Edit:

My yates (S12SL) have the number "810"Be careful it's not just the sticker applied crooked. It'd be pretty darn hard to mount the actual mechanism off-center.

jab-tech
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Jab-Tech traced the difference in fans on model numbers.

Thats why john is asking for the 3 digit code the fans have.

When vapor ran the test, he was using the old yates jab-tech carried. John no long carries those anymore.

Which is why he wants to know model numbers incase new model yates poped out.

I would like to know the production date for my own selfish purposes and to specifically request I don't get any of them. :D

NaeKuh
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
jab-tech

rofl... he rarely speaks up tho. :rofl:

so its a party each time he posts.

clone38
01-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Get them here mate,tom will sort you out :)

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=75_89&products_id=230

Brodholm
01-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Be careful it's not just the sticker applied crooked. It'd be pretty darn hard to mount the actual mechanism off-center.

The sticker is on the other side. The one not spinning. It is off-center. If i take one of my nocutuas/nexus/sytche they are exactly centred. If I spin them with my finger you can see that it is not spinning perfect. And when the fan is on, you can feel it isn't centred if you hold it up in the air. It is wobbling :\

headala
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
The sticker is on the other side. The one not spinning. It is off-center. If i take one of my nocutuas/nexus/sytche they are exactly centred. If I spin them with my finger you can see that it is not spinning perfect. And when the fan is on, you can feel it isn't centred if you hold it up in the air. It is wobbling :\

Man, that stinks. Can you return them? How many are like that?

warriorpoet
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM

wow.

Brodholm
01-09-2009, 06:56 AM
It is not THAT bad. But i Expected more :\

I have heard so much good things about yates. I guess I was just unlucky. I Have 2 yates running now and If I hold them up in the air you can feel and see that the rotation is not exactly circular. It is not that bad at low speeds but when you go full speed it gives some vibration. I dont know it this is the "standard" quality or if I'm just silly. When you go full speed it is hard to see it with your eye but if you go down low you can clearly see it.

I don't know if I should send them back. Maybe they are supposed to be like this? If I do, I will have to send them from Sweden to the US and that costs a lot of money. Maybe I should send a mail to petra and see what he thinks. If I'm not going to send these back I'm getting some S-flex's instead.

Is there any other ppl that have the SL model and can turn them down and see if they have the same problem?

warriorpoet
01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I have the SLs running at ~500RPM. I can't detect any wobble, and they are very quiet.

These are the ones I am running (4 in my current p180 build): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49&products_id=4581

They do tend to vibrate a bit more than the S-Flex fans I'm running (probably due to the thinner frame-- the S-Flex frame is a BEAST), and they do have the slightest whisper of bearing noise. My fans are all soft-mounted, so vibration isn't much of an issue. If the vibration is what's killing you, there are some cheap-ish ways to soft-mount your fans, and wire fan grills usually kill most perceptible frame flex.

My only real gripe with Yates is their tendency to pick up fine dust in the bearings-- our family PC shares a room with a ferret. :)

Brodholm
01-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I have the SLs running at ~500RPM. I can't detect any wobble, and they are very quiet.

These are the ones I am running (4 in my current p180 build): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49&products_id=4581

They do tend to vibrate a bit more than the S-Flex fans I'm running (probably due to the thinner frame-- the S-Flex frame is a BEAST), and they do have the slightest whisper of bearing noise. My fans are all soft-mounted, so vibration isn't much of an issue. If the vibration is what's killing you, there are some cheap-ish ways to soft-mount your fans, and wire fan grills usually kill most perceptible frame flex.

My only real gripe with Yates is their tendency to pick up fine dust in the bearings-- our family PC shares a room with a ferret. :)

Well, i have them mounted with anti vibration and there is almost no vibration then. But I get annoyed because they could have been better. I chose the yates because of the price tag but now it seems that I made the wrong decision...

You get 3 yates for the price of one s-flex... And everyone said that they are as good a the scythe. But I rly don't think so. I have 12 of the 20 fans. And all of them have the same problem. Some are almost perfect (like 1-2) and then there is some that are baaad (1-2) and the others are just in the middle.

About the dust, we have 2 dogs in our house. Do I need to say more? :(

I need about 8 fans and the cost abut 14$ each. That is about 110$ dollars + shipping, taxes and customs fee. I guess it is about 150$ dollars...

And + that I already have spent about 80-90$ on the yates... :shakes:

warriorpoet
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Well, i have them mounted with anti vibration and there is almost no vibration then. But I get annoyed because they could have been better. I chose the yates because of the price tag but now it seems that I made the wrong decision...

You get 3 yates for the price of one s-flex... And everyone said that they are as good a the scythe. But I rly don't think so. I have 12 of the 20 fans. And all of them have the same problem. Some are almost perfect (like 1-2) and then there is some that are baaad (1-2) and the others are just in the middle.

About the dust, we have 2 dogs in our house. Do I need to say more? :(

I need about 8 fans and the cost abut 14$ each. That is about 110$ dollars + shipping, taxes and customs fee. I guess it is about 150$ dollars...

And + that I already have spent about 80-90$ on the yates... :shakes:
Maybe I just got a good batch (604) :shrug:

S-Flex are better fans-- they're just more $. For that $, I'd like to see real improvements on the basic fan design, not just a stiffer frame and better bearings.

That said, I got a good sale on S-Flex and picked mine up for $10 ea. I imagine you're probably not going to see that where you are, though. :(

Funny thing with Yates is they're almost universally praised because the ARE so consistent. Maybe they had a bad batch, or switched over process recently. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Canadmos
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I have 4 high speed Yates on the way from Petra's, hopefully these arn't effected by this.

I also have two SL's from NCIX in my case, which seem to run fine. They arn't silent, but they are also mounted to the case with zipties and nothing to stop vibration lol

Zeus
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Just noticed today that 2 of my recent purchased yates had this clicking sound. :(

exemay
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
id suggest you contact the place you bought them from and send them back!