PDA

View Full Version : Dead Connection

Soulburner
10-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Guys this is really wierd. Today, I installed Halo on the other computer so my brother could play it (2.4b / Ti4400). I tested it out, and it ran fine even with only the 44.03 drivers (ran the same as my system, wierd). So knowing the new drivers had some fixes for this game, I tried them out to see what they would do on the 4400. I uninstalled the 44.03's, and installed the 52.16's. All went well, except on reboot, my internet connection didn't work.

I have tried everything I can think of to diagnose the problem. Since the last thing I changed was the drivers, I uninstalled them. Connection was still dead, so I put the old drivers on. I even took Halo back off. I connected it straight into the modem to bypass the router, still didn't work. My system still has access so its not the router/modem.

I uninstalled the NIC (onboard), and reinstalled it.

It has to be a configuration problem but I can't figure out what it is. Nothing I have tried works. The connection simply doesn't exist, its like its unplugged, but I did not change anything except install that game and the drivers and it died.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

benonmsn
10-27-2003, 01:19 AM
hmm..sorry.. that doesnt make sence =(