PDA

View Full Version : i got my black ops today, and it shipped with galvanic corrosion...

zanzabar
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
i got my black ops today, and it shipped with galvanic corrosion, is that normal? there is a chip in the aluminum top and i guess they are all tested with the liquid cooling top becouse i have a green ring around and in between the fins and a green ring along the edge. (not the copper oxidized green, the aluminum + copper green)

and not related but what are the pots that came with the board for is that just for future graphics volt moding or is there a MB volt mod that is common

RAYTTK
01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
My top & water block was found to be in perfect condition upon opening the retail box ,That does sound weird, Ask saaya if NB's are tested with water prior to release.

HDCHOPPER
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
thier is a volt mod that is common yes

zanzabar
01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
it also had no ESD bag on the MB or audio card and the barbs look like they have some substrate on the sides of the small ones and it shipped with the water block on. did i get some sort of open box? the block seamed dry and everything was packed neatly it looks new.

edit- i searched and saw hipro5's unboxing and it looks similar i guess that it just needs cleaning and it looks like mine has more corrosion and some oxidation http://www.thelab.gr/showthread.php?t=50822

and is the number on the bottom of the top the same on all or dose it change

zanzabar
01-06-2009, 01:21 AM
i looked closer and it was solder, but now i have another question of what are the screw holes on the side for

and what is the volt mod and is it worth doing for non dice or ln2

KingGnome
01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
it also had no ESD bag on the MB or audio card and the barbs look like they have some substrate on the sides of the small ones and it shipped with the water block on. did i get some sort of open box? the block seamed dry and everything was packed neatly it looks new.

edit- i searched and saw hipro5's unboxing and it looks similar i guess that it just needs cleaning and it looks like mine has more corrosion and some oxidation http://www.thelab.gr/showthread.php?t=50822

and is the number on the bottom of the top the same on all or dose it change

These don't come with the ESB. I think even in the manual it says the box is anti-static. My block was fine all shiny and new. Don;t know where you bought your board but newegg.com doesn't allow returnsd on these mobo's so it's not a open item if you bought it from them.