PDA

View Full Version : Software to auto shutdown based on pump RPM

soulesschild
01-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Might not be the right forum but...what software do you guys to auto shut off your computer based on your pump RPM? I have a MCP355 hooked onto my mobo and the mobo seems the RPM but I can't find a program that will auto shutdown based on setting RPM, like if RPM goes below 3000, auto shutdown, etc.

Oh and mods, if this isn't the proper forum to ask this, please move accordingly :) Figure I'd put it here as it has to do with LCing :)

T_Flight
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
If you have a Ramnpage you should be able to set it shutdown on CPU Fan Fail. If it doesn't have that option I won't believe it.

Zehnsucht
01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Your computer will auto shutdown due to increased temperatures long before your hardware takes any damage. I had my 8800GTX shut down for me due to temperature (120C). It's still kicking and taking names.

T_Flight
01-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Like me, I don't think he wants to rely on temps like that before the computer shuts down. Personally I don't *ever* want my computer hitting temps like that.

theseeker
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I use Aquasuite which designed for the Aquaero. It allows a number triggers to be set for shutdown.

Boyu
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
this topic has been asked for many times, you can used "speedfan" combined with program named "fast shutdown"/other similar shutdown program.

Bladesinger7x
01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I use Motherboard Monitor + Windows shutdown.exe command
to monitor the pump (as well as CPU, GPU, chipset temps).

Works like a charm ...MBM lets you set the min. pump rpm and
what you want to do when the rpm drops below the set value.

you can enter the below command to shutdown the computer
when the alarm (temp over / rpm below entered) is triggered

shutdown.exe -s -t 0 (not sure if this is correct ...have to check
when I get home) command shuts down the computer without
waiting.

Also, set MBM to monitor temps/rpm/voltages on 1 sec.

Vertigo1
01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Like theseeker, I use an Aquaero for this purpose (amongst others). Has the advantage of being totally independent of the OS and will still work even if the OS has blue-screened.