PDA

View Full Version : need to make my T-Bird really HOT!!:D

mikoto
08-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey everybody

I currently use the ECS k7s5a. BAD overclocker. For my primary rig I'm gonna wait to upgrade untill the nForce2 has shown its colors, but in the meantime I want to watch my old T-Bird go up in flames :p

I need a good, cheap KT133 board to make my old 100fsb T-Bird 1.4 really hot. I don't really care about how much I can overclock it (I know that chip is a bad overclocker), I just need to increase the core voltage ALOT so I can use it as a test bed for the new phase change project I'm engaged in.

Any suggestions?

I know the Asus A7V is good with the volt mod but for some reason still pretty expensive. I'm just not that familiar with too many of the KT133 boards, as I've not been at this very long.

thx

IFMU
08-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Ack ... your going to kill a T-Bird just to watch it burn?! ah such blasphemy I tell you. What has this world come to?!

LoL

Sorry, no clue as to what your really needing here, just had to hack (Pick on you) on yea some there. :D

mikoto
08-02-2002, 09:29 AM
LOL

To tell you the truth I do regard that processor with some measure of contempt.

It's that crappy k7s5a that does it! BSOD's all day! DAMN ECS!

No really, I don't need that proc anymore. I'll keep it if it survives the testing but I won't cry if it doesn't :P .

I just need a good OC'ing KT133 and don't know a thing about those silly boards. A good reccomendation for a board that has some vCore flexibility would be appreciated.

One more thing. I don't want to have to take a soldering iron to the darn thing if I can avoid it. You guys don't have any idea how dangerous it is for me to play with those around electronics:D

dmitriyaz
08-02-2002, 10:23 AM
hey, what you are doing is just wrong.
why not sell the poor thing to me?
how much do you want for it?
:D

mikoto
08-02-2002, 01:28 PM
You guys are funny.

How am I gonna make sure my system will cool the really hot chips if I don't get it really hot? I've got an a/c guy and an electrician (for custom psu) but we don't have an adequate techy person. :confused:
I have to ask you guys for help with hardware selection to form a test bed.
Who overclocks/ed with a kt133? I need a really hot chip for my evap cooler.

truth is that I have no business posting in a community like this due to my general ignorance of nerdy things.
But I'm learning....slowly:o

dmitriyaz--if you give me a few OC'ing lessons and it survives the testing I'll GIVE it to you. It's made it this far (7 mos.) in a poorly ventilated case with an al heatsink and crappy fan.

dmitriyaz
08-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mikoto
You guys are funny.dmitriyaz--if you give me a few OC'ing lessons and it survives the testing I'll GIVE it to you. It's made it this far (7 mos.) in a poorly ventilated case with an al heatsink and crappy fan.
al right!
what would you like to learn more about in particular? :D :D :D

mikoto
08-02-2002, 02:40 PM
:D :D

If you're serious pm me.

If you have the expertise to get me to point 'b', and want to, one chip is truly worth it to me.

:toast:

TheDude
08-02-2002, 02:40 PM
Just send it to me...I'm real good at frying em! :D

Marci
08-02-2002, 04:15 PM
grab any abit board and voltmod it... ddtunbg, icee or opp should be able to tell you how.... then just shove 2.2v up it's ass...

mikoto
08-02-2002, 05:03 PM
marci.....

Damn that was a good response. Cavalier yet helpful and very classy:stick:

HAHA...Thanks for the advice and the laugh. I think I've stepped over some invisible line with my design on this proc. :D

Abit...hmmm...cheap kt133?