PDA

View Full Version : X58 BloodRage PSU Compatibility list

saaya
12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Hey Guys,

Heres a list of PowerSupplies (PSU's) that are known to work on BloodRage.
To make sure our Boards work with as many PSUs as possible and to help people who build a new system pick a PSU that is know to work well, please post what BIOS and PSU your using (model no if possible) and let us know if its working fine or you have any issues that could be psu related, such as oc recovery issues (board getting stuck in an endless rebooting loop) or posting issues (board doesnt post properly or not at all).

NOTE: There was a problem with some PSUs which is fixed with a BIOS update to G16 or later. If you are having any problems please try G16 or later first and check if it solves the problems :)

Known to work:
Abee TOP-400EP 450W
Antec TruePower Trio 650W
BFG ES-800 800W
Corsair VX450W
Corsair HX520W
Corsair TX550W
Corsair HX620W
Corsair TX750W
Corsair HX1000W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro RS550 550W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro RS650 650W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro RS750 750W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro RS850 850W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro RS1000 1000W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro M700 700W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro M1000 1000W
CoolerMaster HX1000 1000W
CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W
CoolerMaster UCP 700W
Coolermaster 1200w
CWT PUC1000V 1000W
CWT PUC1200V 1200W
Delta Technology 400W
Delta Technology 450W
Delta Technology 550W
Delta Technology GPS-550ABA 550W
Delta Technology 600W
Delta Technology GPS-650ABA 650W
Enermax Liberty ELT400AWT 400W
Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT 500W
Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT 620W
Enermax Revolution 85+ 950W
Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGX1000EWL
Enhance ENP-5140GH 400W
Enhance ENP-5150GH 500W
FSP Fortron Epsilon FX500GLN 500W
FSP Fortron Epsilon FX600GLN 600W
FSP Fortron Epsilon FX700GLN 700W
HighPower 1000W Rock Solid
Ikonik Vulcan MT 650W
Ikonik Vulcan MT 850W
Ikonik Vulcan MT 1000W
Ikonik Vulcan MT 1200W
Nspire NSP-1000V 1000W
Nspire NSP-1200V 1200W
OCZ EliteXStream 800W
OCZ EliteXStream 1000W
OCZ GameXstream 700W
OCZ GameXStream 1010W
OCZ ProXStream 1000W
PCPNC 750w
PCPNC 850W
PCPCN 850W SSI
PCPNC 860W ESA
PCPNC 860W Turbo-Cool 860 (sometimes needs 2 boot attempts)
PCPCN 1000W
PCPNC 1000W SR (Single-Rail model)
PCPNC 1200w
Seasonic SS380GB 380W
Seasonic 600W M12
Seasonic 700W M12
SevenTeam ST520PAP 520W
SevenTeam ST550EAJ 550W
SevenTeam ST580PAP 580W
SevenTeam ST620PAP 620W
SevenTeam ST600EAD 600W
SevenTeam ST650EAD 650W
SevenTeam ST700EAD 700W
SevenTeam ST750EAD 750W
SevenTeam ST750EAJ 750W
Silverstone Strider 600w
Silverstone 650W
Silverstone OP 1000W
Silverstone OP 1200W
Silverstone Zeus 750W
Silverstone Zeus 850W
Silverstone Zeus 1200W
SuperFlower SF-500 T14A
Tagan tg430 EasyCon
Tagan 900W
Tagan BZ 1100W
Tagan BZ 1300W
TC Star P850 850W
Thermaltake Tough Power 750W
Thermaltake Tough Power 850W
Thermaltake Tough Power 1200W (sometimes needs 2 boot attempts)
Ultra X3 1000W (sometimes needs 2 boot attempts)
Ultra X3 1600W (sometimes needs 2 boot attempts)
Zippy PSL6701 700W
Zippy PSL6800P 800W
Zippy PSL6850P 850W

Might cause problems?
none with g16 or later

confirmed compatibility issues:
none so far

If you have several PSUs, it would be really cool if you could check them and boot a couple of times and enter bios and save etc, just to check if they work. Ill add more and more PSUs here over time, please help me to make this list as complete as possible, thanks!

BenchZowner
12-31-2008, 03:52 AM
Let's add:

OCZ ProXStream 1000W
OCZ GameXStream 1010W
PC Power & Cooling 1KW SR ( Single-Rail model )
Corsair VX450
Antec TruePower Trio 650W

BenchZowner
12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
First PSUs test round: Done ;)

azza21
01-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Heres a list of PowerSupplies (PSU's) that are known to work on BloodRage.
To make sure our Boards work with as many PSUs as possible and to help people who build a new system pick a PSU that is know to work well, please post what PSU your using (model no if possible) and let us know if its working fine or you have any issues that could be psu related, such as oc recovery issues (board getting stuck in an endless rebooting loop) or posting issues (board doesnt post properly or not at all).

EDIT:
list removed from quote to save space
-Saaya

If you have several PSUs, it would be really cool if you could check them and boot a couple of times and enter bios and save etc, just to check if they work. Ill add more and more PSUs here over time, please help me to make this list as complete as possible, thanks!

What about the Enermax revolution 1050/1250w psu?

saaya
01-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Let's add:

OCZ ProXStream 1000W
OCZ GameXStream 1010W
PC Power & Cooling 1KW SR ( Single-Rail model )
Corsair VX450
Antec TruePower Trio 650Wawesome! :D
thanks so much bill! :toast:

EDIT: 1010W? lol, funny rating :D

What about the Enermax revolution 1050/1250w psu?
Dont know, dont have that particular model in any of our labs, and the distri and power users that helped us testing didnt have it either... ill check if any of the press we sent a board to for reviews has one of those :)
so far there havent been any problems tho, so i doubt there will be an issue :)

BenchZowner
01-02-2009, 03:09 AM
EDIT: 1010W? lol, funny rating :D

Perhaps their marketing department was thinking of the moto "You never know when you're going to need those useful 10W" :D

Dont know, dont have that particular model in any of our labs, and the distri and power users that helped us testing didnt have it either... ill check if any of the press we sent a board to for reviews has one of those :)
so far there havent been any problems tho, so i doubt there will be an issue :)

A friend of mine is looking for a PSU and that's one of his favorites ( the 1050W ), I'll make sure to test it if he decides to buy it ;)

saaya
01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
cool, thanks!
whats so special about that model?
and yeah, the 10W extra are funny :D

Raja@ASUS
01-03-2009, 03:29 AM
PCP 1200w, mine causes reset/reboot non start issues.

No problems on the OCZ Pro X stream 1000w

exe163
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
A noob question: I thought all motherboards are compatible with all PSUs, am I right?

saaya
01-04-2009, 11:56 PM
PCP 1200w, mine causes reset/reboot non start issues.

No problems on the OCZ Pro X stream 1000w
hmmmm it seems that the first batch of boards had a problem with some high wattage PSUs, this has already been fixed in the newer batches...
In our testing this only caused 1 out of 10 boots to fail randomly with 1 PSU, the thermalright 1200W PSU. It now seems that some other PSUs are affected as well and booting/rebooting seems to fail almost all the time.

ill check which PSUs the first batch has problems with. Anybody with a board of the first batch and Problems with the PSU please send me a pm and i will get you hooked up to get a replacement board that has this problem fixed :toast:

A noob question: I thought all motherboards are compatible with all PSUs, am I right?in theory, yes, sure... in practice, not at all... PSU compatibility is usually still very close to perfect compared to other components, but its never at 100%, for any board, in my experience.

SAE
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
When I get my board, I'll test it with my good old Powerstream 520W and eventually a bit later with one of the problem psus - SS Zeus 1200W or TT ToughPower 1200W, cause those were the psus (one of them, did not make the decision yet) I wanted to get to set up a nice SLI system during the next weeks. :D

I definitely report back.

tripgood
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Glad to see you guys are on top of the psu issue. Just my luck that both of my test benches have Thermaltake 1200 W Toughpowers. Oh well, I'll change to something else. I can't see an RMA for this issue alone.

saaya
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM
well if you want, you can do the mod to get the toughpower and other psus working fine :D
pm me your email address and ill mail you the details :)
we have a toughpower 1200 here, ill throw it on the bench and see how serious the problem is, according to our lab guys they discovered the problem with that particular psu and it was a very mild issue of random boot and reboot failing of 10% or less. still annoying, but not nearly as bad as what the guys at anandtech are reporting.

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I can double confirm that the Corsair HX1000 works like a champ and is rock solid! :up:

EnisDonKing
01-17-2009, 04:06 AM
You can add Cooler Master UCP 900W PSU to the "compatible list" as well :)

INFRNL
01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
How can you tell if the mobo is an earlier revision or newer? I imagine that since the boards are hard to find; each new stock will provide the newer versions

Touge180SX
01-17-2009, 11:17 PM
How can you tell if the mobo is an earlier revision or newer? I imagine that since the boards are hard to find; each new stock will provide the newer versions

The version number can be found right above the Floppy Drive Connector as in the picture below. Hope this helps.

Eidos
01-20-2009, 11:14 AM
So which version numbers are 'older'? Is it just any that aren't 'Version 1.*' such as 'Version 1'? I have a PCPNC 860W ESA and it seems fine like you report above, except I did notice that a couple of times I had to power on the system twice for it to fully boot although power was definately running.
Also, I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead. I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly. Looks like I'm not the only one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211836

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.

Anyway, I want to thank all the folks here helping me out with getting this build right for performance, longetivity, style and my specific budgeted cost (stock speeds atm):
Blood Rage x58 board
G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE Black cooler
PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts ESA
Dual GTX 260
Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, Acer P243W 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)
SunbeamTec Transformer case with TT Red Thunderblade fans

gr8golf
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Add the BFG ES-800 to the *works fine* list. :up:

BenchZowner
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
So which version numbers are 'older'? Is it just any that aren't 'Version 1.*' such as 'Version 1'? I have a PCPNC 860W ESA and it seems fine like you report above, except I did notice that a couple of times I had to power on the system twice for it to fully boot although power was definately running.
Also, I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead. I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly. Looks like I'm not the only one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211836

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.

Anyway, I want to thank all the folks here helping me out with getting this build right for performance, longetivity, style and my specific budgeted cost (stock speeds atm):
Blood Rage x58 board
Dual GTX 260
Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, Acer P243W 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64

Please try to stay on topic.
The second and third part of your post could easily get posted on another BloodRage related thread.

This is "strictly" a PSU compatibility related thread for the BloodRage owners & future owners.

Last off-topic:

1) You need to manually set the Memory Multiplier & the UnCore multiplier to get your RAM to run at DDR3-1600, unless your RAM has XMP Profile/s and you're using a BIOS with a working XMP entry ( like the G15 and the G16 ).

2) If you're having PSU related issues like the ones posted previously, try with the G16 BIOS.

Trembledust
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Perhaps their marketing department was thinking of the moto "You never know when you're going to need those useful 10W" :D

A friend of mine is looking for a PSU and that's one of his favorites ( the 1050W ), I'll make sure to test it if he decides to buy it ;)

I actually have the 1010w OCZ psu in another rig. Pretty good psu. Yea da +10w is kinda funny.

I'm still testing my Silverstone ST1000 psu to see if its compatable or not but it maybe leaning towards non compatable. I'll still need to run a few more tests and I'll let you guys know. I'm also going to test the OCZGamerXStream 700w for compatability. I doubt it wont be compatable since its big brother is already posted as being compatable but eh. Something to do.

Trembledust
01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
She works @ OCZ GameXstream 700w.

gr8golf
01-21-2009, 09:26 AM

Bump

BenchZowner
01-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Bump

Bump for what ?
You posted that it's working fine.
Saaya is in Taiwan and it's about 4 am in Taiwan if I'm not mistaken...
He'll update the list when he gets back online.

Eidos
01-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Please try to stay on topic.
The second and third part of your post could easily get posted on another BloodRage related thread.

This is "strictly" a PSU compatibility related thread for the BloodRage owners & future owners.

Last off-topic:

1) You need to manually set the Memory Multiplier & the UnCore multiplier to get your RAM to run at DDR3-1600, unless your RAM has XMP Profile/s and you're using a BIOS with a working XMP entry ( like the G15 and the G16 ).

2) If you're having PSU related issues like the ones posted previously, try with the G16 BIOS.

Sorry for adding off-topic stuff but thanks for replying. I just starting talking about the other issues I've had after I was asking about the random boot up issue. I'll check the BIOS version again and run the Foxconn Live Update get it updated if it's not since I don't see anywhere else to do it manually.

dreagnon
02-02-2009, 02:50 AM
950W Enermax Revolution85+ works fine with the Rev1.0 Board

saaya
02-09-2009, 06:06 AM
So which version numbers are 'older'?
1.0 is the first, then 1.1 etc

I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead.which mem is that? it might be because of the spd... there are a lot of memory kits that are rated 1600 or higher but only have an spd profile of 1333 to make sure the memory boots up the first time in case vdimm is low :)
you can use virtual XMP 1600 in the newer BIOSes :)

I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly. yes, some beta BIOSes are detected as P02 if they are based on P02... sorry it can be confusing if you dont remember what bios you flashed...

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.cool! im very glad to hear that :toast:

Blood Rage x58 board
Dual GTX 260
damn, thats a nice rig!
TRUE black? never heard of it, could you post some pics? :D
and the killer NIC, did you ever try any of those linux apps they released for it? i heard you can reprogram the xilinx cpu to do other tasks than accelerating the network?

added, thanks! :toast:

I actually have the 1010w OCZ psu in another rig. Pretty good psu. Yea da +10w is kinda funny.

I'm still testing my Silverstone ST1000 psu to see if its compatable or not but it maybe leaning towards non compatable. I'll still need to run a few more tests and I'll let you guys know. I'm also going to test the OCZGamerXStream 700w for compatability. I doubt it wont be compatable since its big brother is already posted as being compatable but eh. Something to do.
thanks a lot for checking the other psu as well man! :toast:

Bump

Bump for what ?
You posted that it's working fine.
Saaya is in Taiwan and it's about 4 am in Taiwan if I'm not mistaken...
He'll update the list when he gets back online.
in the end i deserved the bump, took me a couple of days to update this thread, sorry :P
gr8golf, next time poke me via email pls ^^

Sorry for adding off-topic stuff but thanks for replying. I just starting talking about the other issues I've had after I was asking about the random boot up issue. I'll check the BIOS version again and run the Foxconn Live Update get it updated if it's not since I don't see anywhere else to do it manually.
you can use award winflash to flash the bios, thats what i use :)
pm me your email address and ill email you the tool and the latest bios :toast:

950W Enermax Revolution85+ works fine with the Rev1.0 Board thanks! :toast:

Eidos
02-11-2009, 10:43 AM
TRUE black? never heard of it, could you post some pics? :D

and the killer NIC, did you ever try any of those linux apps they released for it? i heard you can reprogram the xilinx cpu to do other tasks than accelerating the network?

I am still testing my PSU/board so it boots correctly since I have gotten all timing and voltages showing correctly. Often, but not always, I need to boot a second time from a shutdown for the board to post so it may just be something minor since there aren't issues during operation so I think PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 860 Watt technically works with the board, it may just be me or something technical outside of 'compatibility'. Will do more tests and post if there is an incomatiblity issue after all.

I apologize for off-topic, but to answer Saaya:
TRUE Black (courtesy of Thermalright):
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_images/cpu_cooler/tb120/technical_spec.jpg
Killer NIC:
I've used a few apps myself. Most common are having an external drive pugged into it to download massive files to that drive while running other network/online apps without slowing your bandwidth, setup your firewalls on the card so they don't slow down your OS, setup manual controls to say what apps can use how much bandwidth and VOIP. It is much like a mini Linux computer on the card, so it does use Linux command prompts that you can enter yourself.

saaya
02-16-2009, 02:59 AM
hmmm interesting...
and its not all that cheap... a physix cards cost the same or more and in the end turned out to be a pretty much useless gimmick :D

about the psu, there might be a compatibility problem if you have to reboot a second time everytime to power on the board...
but if thats the only problem then thats not that bad at least :)
ill add a note to that psu on the list, thanks for the feedback! :toast:

Eidos
02-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I got the unlit debug codes when I power on from a cold boot so I bet it's the caps needing more juice or something as the fans turn on, etc. and I boot fine after a second try. Warm boots work just fine as well. Wondering if it's the PSU, compatibility, or the BIOS? Not sure if unplugging/plug back in the BIOS will help or not (disconnected/connected the PSU already with no changes) or if a BIOS update would change anything. Most likely, it's just the PSU/Board combo and I don't know what else to do but get another PSU especially if nothing else will matter, just the booting twice inconvenience.
Anyway, any insight is appreciated and may help me and others with the same issue as I've seen it a couple times on the forums now.

Shibumi77
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Corsair TX650W

UTerror
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm using a Zalman ZM1000-HP.
It works perfect!

No1451
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Corsair TX850 also works perfectly.

INFRNL
04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Enermax Revolution 1050 been working great for me !, my ultra bit the dust, lol

mstp2009
05-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Tagan 700W does NOT work w/ the Bloodrage. :mad:

lysyn123
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W work ok!

Death_Dealer83
07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
BFG EX1200 Thumbs up and Steady as she goes.....
Solid Running 2 pumps, 2 285gtxs, 6GB ram, i7 920@ 4.2GHz, Boreas Cooler, 3 120 Fans, 2 92mm, 2 sets of Cathodes, 3HDs, 2 DVD roms.
SOLID.

Orego
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi, Antec True Power quattro 1000W It works perfect so far.... :)

mattkosem
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
No issues with my gigabyte Odin pro 1200, corsair 850tx, or enermax pro82+ 625.

MadMaxx0815
07-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Worked very very nice with : Arctic Cooling Fusion 550R and Cougar CM 1000W.
Dont work (no boot with this PSU) Xilence Linear Power XQ 1200W

ScottALot
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Anyone know anything about XFX 750W?

PiLsY
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Seasonic - will be fine :).