PDA

View Full Version : AMD Full Cover Blocks

chris.y2k.r1
12-30-2008, 05:52 AM
A few questions for you all. Is anyone making full cover blocks for AMD mobos? Since there is no north bridge I wonder if there is any real benefit to cooling AMD mobos...? Assuming there is an interest what motherboards would best benefit from such blocks?

If they were available... anyone interested?

N19h7m4r3
12-30-2008, 05:58 AM
I would love some full cover ones!

But they need to be paired with some nice Mosfet cooling also. Since those things get pretty hot when OC'ing.

Also there is a NB :p

OggeOJ
12-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Yeah. But they are hidden, so your best bet at the time is one of those universal blocks.

I hate the fact that AMD is behind, being stuck with a Phenom and all....

chris.y2k.r1
12-30-2008, 06:26 AM
I realize that there is a north bridge but I don't think it plays anywhere near the important role of the Intel NB (Accept I7 of course). Plus I don't think it gets anywhere near as hot. Besides, all it does is communicate with the different buss's, PCIE, PCI...correct? What's the most popular AMD OCing mobo? Asus Crosshair II or something like that? I would start with the most popular OC board and then go from there if there's enough of a demand for them.

cdnbum88
12-30-2008, 06:41 AM
I have not see any full cover blocks yet, maybe they will get smart and realize this is a viable market to build some for.

I am using a EK Asus Acetal 4 NB block and it could be used on the SB, but I am not spending that much on the SB. I used the Enzotech low profile on the SB and the Enzotech little cube heatsinks for the Mosfet.

I know it it would be great to WC all these units, but man, that is a lot of freaking tubing in a case :ROTF:

chris.y2k.r1
12-30-2008, 06:43 AM
OK, so if I was going to write a CNC code for a particular block for a particular board - which board should I start with folks?? Perhaps I should open a new thread for which AMD MOBO to build a full cover block for.

chris.y2k.r1
12-30-2008, 06:45 AM
I have not see any full cover blocks yet, maybe they will get smart and realize this is a viable market to build some for.

I am using a EK Asus Acetal 4 NB block and it could be used on the SB, but I am not spending that much on the SB. I used the Enzotech low profile on the SB and the Enzotech little cube heatsinks for the Mosfet.

I know it it would be great to WC all these units, but man, that is a lot of freaking tubing in a case :ROTF:

If you send me your original one piece cooler (Assuming that's the way it came), I'll make you a block. We can talk about price after I see what it entails.

Interested? Is it a 1 piece heat pipe setup in stock form (Or similar)?

NaeKuh
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
i doubt you'll see an amd package..

because the cost of making one is very expensive..

this also leads to the choice in parts people pick....

Basically what im trying to say, unless your doing a sponsor rig for AMD, if you have the budget for a FB block, you'd be on a intel platform.

N19h7m4r3
12-30-2008, 12:17 PM
At the moment the M3A79-T Deluxe is the most popular board as far as I know.

Also Naekuh, alot of people are switching to AMD. Two major retailers in the UK have almost no stock of Asus and DFI AM2+ mobos.

I for one would love a full cover block for my M3A79-T Deluxe, far better then grabbing different parts.

chris.y2k.r1
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
i doubt you'll see an amd package..

because the cost of making one is very expensive..

this also leads to the choice in parts people pick....

Basically what im trying to say, unless your doing a sponsor rig for AMD, if you have the budget for a FB block, you'd be on a intel platform.

I disagree, although I did think about that too. Some people just like to OC AMDs over Intel. Just check out the AMD section. Besides, as of late, I think AMD is starting to come around.

NaeKuh
12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
At the moment the M3A79-T Deluxe is the most popular board as far as I know.

Also Naekuh, alot of people are switching to AMD. Two major retailers in the UK have almost no stock of Asus and DFI AM2+ mobos.

I for one would love a full cover block for my M3A79-T Deluxe, far better then grabbing different parts.

nah... trust me...

You can ask BP, EK, if they will ever think of an AMD, and they will most likely say no...
(research, construction, and then final production as well as labeling...) wont be worth it... if you really want one, you best custom it...

straight simple reason, most guys who go this far want the best platform...

AMD is sadly not there anymore...

Of course deneb could change everything.... but i highly doubt it...

Your gonna spending 500 on extra additional cooling... Most current AMD people would go intel for 500 more... :X

The best person to talk to this about is my pal kayin... he waited seriously way too long b4 he made the move because he couldnt find parts..

Chris you have skills in moding, why dont you make one? :D

Stoner133
12-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Would love to see a full cover block for the Asus M3A79-T

Eternalightwith
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm interested.

Hi Chris :wave:

A few questions for you all. Is anyone making full cover blocks for AMD mobos? Since there is no north bridge I wonder if there is any real benefit to cooling AMD mobos...? Assuming there is an interest what motherboards would best benefit from such blocks?

If they were available... anyone interested?