PDA

View Full Version : So... Aqua Computer cuplex XT di

Lsdmeasap
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
I seen a few older threads here on these and just had some questions as I am thinking of getting one maybe.

I know they are said to be low flow, but will a MCP655 for a CPU Loop only be good? I am coming from a MC-TDX and using a E3110, might get a quad soon but either way I just dont think the MC-TDX was a good choice for me.

I am about looks alot, and I really do not like the looks of the fusion even though it is a good performer.

So aside from flow, does anyone have some updated info or thoughts on the cooling of this block? All I can find online is Comments from the maker of the block, and a few older test threads here. Just wondered if any of those users had any updated info or anyone knows of any recent tests with this block

Thanks

NaeKuh
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
id say your doing more of a sidegrade... then a upgrade...

Lsdmeasap
12-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Sidegrade? HAHA What exactly do you mean by that?

Come on, it has to be better right? I love the looks and quality of it, as long as it is not a downgrade for sure then I may get it.

Just looks so good! I grabbed my MC-TDX because of looks as I could get it with a UV Blue top, but I am not so impressed with it.

And yes, looks do matter to me over 3-4 Degrees so I know what the better blocks do offer, they just dont have the nice look I am after

Do you really think it is not a good move over my MC-TDX?

Thanks for the quick reply, I think I read that you do have a great bit of Knowledge about WC'n and I appreciate your input for sure!

D-Cyph3r
12-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Sounds to me like you've already made your mind up mate.

Anyone else will tell you the same as NaeKuh though, you certainly wont be getting more performance, but I doubt it'd be much worse.

Lsdmeasap
12-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Thanks! I just want to be sure I guess that it is not going to be worse performance

And of course I was hoping someone could link up some more recent tests or discussions about it

Eddie3dfx
12-30-2008, 06:12 AM
www.sidewinder.com sells it.
It's a nice looking block.

Lsdmeasap
12-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Ya, that is where I noticed it for sale and got to thinking of getting it

Lsdmeasap
12-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Hmm! I actually had not seen any info about it in the stickies! Guess I should look there eh!

I saw a thread or two here and another site where testing was done but it was a year ago, just wondered if anyone had done any lately.... But I guess you are right results would not differ anyway!

I suppose I was just wanting some convincing that it would be better then my TDX. I do see the HD Version, but I LOVE that Blue on the DI. I would wait for the DI2 maybe, but likely would take forever to get over to where I am, and then of course the price would be more then the DI is already

Got any links to info or pics of the DI2?

Thanks much for your thoughts by the way, made me go check some stickies like I should have already!

*EDIT*

I see no Mention of the Cuplex in the stickies as far as testing goes, just your siggy! :lol:

These were the "Older" threads I mentioned (Guess that should be good info info anyway eh)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144102
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162535

NaeKuh
12-30-2008, 09:36 AM
heh if you feel money is best spent on that... id go with it..

Personally you'd be better off on a supreme, GTZ, or KL-350. :X

If your thinkn about adding a gpu later on the loop, id go with the KL-350, keep your TDX, or XSPC rev.3.

Lsdmeasap
12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Well I doubt I will ever justify cooling my GFX card since I do not game. So I doubt I will be doing that

I do appreciate all the feedback I am getting on this thread. Anyone else who owns this block have any thoughts?

headala
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
I love the look of the AC Di, was planning on getting it for my new rig in a few months. However, now that there's a v2 coming out...any additional info on that available???

theseeker
01-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I have the Di and it works very nicely. It may not be the best but is close and it is sexy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/theseekeroffun/DSC01030-1.jpg

I have not seen a firm date for the Di2 and was using the Di on my QX.

fox3
01-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Have you tried remounting the block to see if temps change? Just curious if it should be mounted with inlet up, down, or at 90*

theseeker
01-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Have you tried remounting the block to see if temps change? Just curious if it should be mounted with inlet up, down, or at 90*

Yes I have and inlet up is to be the best. I have two XT's in my server and those are mounted at 90.

andersson.j
01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I think both the AC and the DD block were in Martinm210s CPU Waterblock Roundup (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202394) but the pictures seems to be down. I can't say for sure but wasn't the Cuplex Di pretty close to Supreme and GTZ? And a bit better than MC-TDX? Although alot more restrictive than any of them.

I agree that AC makes some pretty good looking blocks but I'd probably get Watercools heatkiller rev3.0 instead, I'm a sucker for copper tops!

INFRNL
01-01-2009, 03:42 PM
see if you can get a hold of BlueAqua; he runs both the xt DI and the HD blocks. he even has the GTZ but I havent seen him use it yet. He also know others that run the AC blocks and other items from them. He may have your answers.

I was going to run the GTZ till I saw the DI block, now I am having second thoughts; love the look, just wish the plexi was clear, but could settle for the blue. Of course the DI is a little more expensive, but I dont know if the looks and quality can be matched.

theseeker
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I think both the AC and the DD block were in Martinm210s CPU Waterblock Roundup (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202394) but the pictures seems to be down. I can't say for sure but wasn't the Cuplex Di pretty close to Supreme and GTZ? And a bit better than MC-TDX? Although alot more restrictive than any of them.

I agree that AC makes some pretty good looking blocks but I'd probably get Watercools heatkiller rev3.0 instead, I'm a sucker for copper tops!

Yes it was and a copper top is available for the Di.

theseeker
01-01-2009, 03:51 PM
see if you can get a hold of BlueAqua; he runs both the xt DI and the HD blocks. he even has the GTZ but I havent seen him use it yet. He also know others that run the AC blocks and other items from them. He may have your answers.

I was going to run the GTZ till I saw the DI block, now I am having second thoughts; love the look, just wish the plexi was clear, but could settle for the blue. Of course the DI is a little more expensive, but I dont know if the looks and quality can be matched.

From a quality standpoint AC blocks are very hard to beat. Unless you can get one of Cathar's original Silver blocks. BA is a good source and he has a similar affliction with the Di.

fox3
01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes I have and inlet up is to be the best. I have two XT's in my server and those are mounted at 90.

Thanx for the reply. :up:

I am going to use one on a Q9650 Quad core and was looking for some advice on orientation.

SiGfever
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Wouldn't it bleed easier with "Inlet" down? :shrug:

theseeker
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Wouldn't it bleed easier with "Inlet" down? :shrug:

I have no idea but it works great now and that is all that matters to me.

SiGfever
01-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I have no idea but it works great now and that is all that matters to me.

You are directing the flow across the dies side to side so 180 degrees would be the same flow wise except for easier bleeding.

Lsdmeasap
01-02-2009, 05:10 AM
So, as you would expect I ordered it!

Will post my thoughts next week

theseeker
01-02-2009, 06:43 AM
So, as you would expect I ordered it!

Will post my thoughts next week

Congrats!

Lsdmeasap
01-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks, surely it has got to be a little better then my MC-TDX, which I dont mind really.....

But that Cuplex XT Di just looks so stunning, shamwow I say! :lol:

SiGfever
01-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks, surely it has got to be a little better then my MC-TDX, which I dont mind really.....

But that Cuplex XT Di just looks so stunning, shamwow I say! :lol:

There is no doubt that AquaComputer makes some very fine looking parts and systems. :up:

Lsdmeasap
01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Will do!

I'm no pro by far, but It will be compared a bit with my meager skills

breathemetal
01-02-2009, 09:04 AM
That Aqua stuff sure is sexy

fox3
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Pretty sure you won't be disappointed :up:

The postman just delivered a box here from AC. Thanx Shoggy :up:

Got here in just 5 days and customs didn't put their fingerprints all over the stuff like they did to my aquagratiX copper block.

Hoping my BP stuff comes today ... Just love it when a plan comes together :cool:

theseeker
01-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Got here in just 5 days and customs didn't put their fingerprints all over the stuff like they did to my aquagratiX copper block.

Hoping my BP stuff comes today ... Just love it when a plan comes together :cool:
Next time have them ship DHL. It is a little more expensive but no customs issues and very fast.

headala
01-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Are you in the US? Lovin the A-Team quote. :up:

fox3
01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Long Island, NY.

After 2-3 months of preparing, I finally got this WC project going. Started on the case and installed the Aquaero and Aquatube. Not sure how this tubemeter works as it sits directly in the return flow but we shall see.

ShoNuff
01-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I am currently using the Cuplex XT DI on my new setup and I like the results with the new i7 setup. While it won't take the performance crown I think you will be very pleased with the results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/tjo7mMbuild041.jpg

Lsdmeasap
01-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I received my block yesterday after ordering on new years eve, Gary @ Sidewinder's has the fastest shipping on the planet I think! Have not got a chance to install it yet though!

Looks amazing, the only thing I find disappointing is that the Blue Plexi is NO WHERE near as blue as ANY Pic online I have seen (Stores, Reviews, Aqua Computer's site) NO WHERE.

Until now, I have seen NO Pics that show it as Light as seen above! That is the first pic of 100's I have seen that show it's true color (At least the one I received) ^^^

Most of the images I did see the NON XT Di Version looked to be a very light Blue, but all the Di versions looked to have a much darker Blue. Sad to see my block, and now finally the one above, has the same VERY LIGHT Blue being used.

/End Rant!

I do still like it very, very much, and am super impressed with the quality and pure weight of the block....................... just surprised about the color as it was part of what caught my eye!

Hope to get it installed this up coming week

@ ShoNuf

What size bolts did you get to mount with? I always did and still do plan to NOT use the Stock mounting setup as I find it very degrading to the quality of the block. I had planned to get a set of this D-Tek but PPC's canceled my order due to no stock, and D-Tek wants $13 to ship out a set (Unless they ever answer my email). And of course Petra is also out! If anyone knows where I can get this set of Black screws and bolts/springs please do let me know >>>
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23990
http://www.petrastechshop.com/dfucpuwamoha.html

ShoNuff
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
a573573 you and I think alike...LOL. I was hoping the blue on the block was "Bolder" than it actually is. In all fairness, the pic above was using natural light and the sun bleaches out some of the blue. It looks a little more blue using traditional indoor lighting.

I used the mounting system from my old Watercool Heatkiller Rev. 2.0 block to mount the Cuplex XT DI. Like you, I think the stock mounting for the Cuplex takes away from the overall appearance of the block. This is one time I wish AC would have stepped up and put some "Bling" in their waterblock mounting hardware.

If you haven't seen BA's thread you should check it out. He is using the Cuplex HD and bolting it down using Swiftech GTZ hardware. Here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191541&page=17) is the link.

Speaking of blue...check out this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3338826&postcount=165) MONEY shot.

Lsdmeasap
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the Link, I will check out what he used to mount with. I did like the idea of maybe using that black D-Tek set and possibly cutting the bolt down a bit, but I am still open to anything that looks nice!

This thread, amongst a few others here, and SEVERAL Others elsewhere is what made me love the looks. And how BLUE it was, or at least led me to believe that! >>>
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144102

Where I bought it, also much darker >>>
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/aqcocuxtdido.html

Ya, your image is a little light due to the lighting and I could tell that, but yours is the only image I have seen that is anywhere near as close to how light it actually is. Even on the Aqua Computer site, you can see a very nice change from the XT to the XT DI is respect to color of plexi, and it looks dark there as well. But your pic, and my block look to me to be the actual light color of the XT blocks. Not as nice for sure

But no matter what, without even using this yet I am impressed the more I look at at and feel it! I will be happy for sure I know it! I guess it just would have been nice to get the color I thought it really was, now after looking again at a few places I do see it as lighter then I had originally thought. Just seems actually so much lighter in person. I know images online can always vary from actual product but after seeing so many actual user posted images and review sites images of it I thought for sure it was darker.

Ahh, Oh Well! VERY NICE Block indeed I think, and I have yet to put it in!

Hey, that GTZ set.. Where can I find one online to look at? I looked at a few spots and did not find one.

I do have one of these, actually two, one I tore up to use with my MC-TDX I am using now. I dont think it would fit though anyway right? >>>
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/lgbowiscsp.html

Ya know, it is too bad they did not make the HD Version with a Blue Plexi top!

fox3
01-04-2009, 08:37 AM
The plexi on my block is also much a lighter blue than it appears in the adverts. Gets lighter as you look at an angle. :shrug:

I was not impressed with the mounting hardware and am also looking for alternatives. I bought a crossbow back plate and am scouting the local hobby shops for black screws and hardware. I will also look at the Swifty GTZ hardware.

I am seeing that BA positioned his block 90*(horizontal) in that link but was advised 180*(vertical with inlet down as in ShoNuff's pic) gives good results. Might have to investigate a bit further.

BlueAqua
01-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey guys. As you know I'm a huge fan of the AC Double Impact blocks. In my worklog I've only used it on 775 socket cpu's but now have installed an i7 setup in my MurderMod TJ07. I have my Cuplex HD mouted 90 degrees different than ShoNuff but my i7 920 primes at ~67 C with about 4-5C differential between the cores. I have that running on a Feser 120.3 along with my 4870x2 and chipset block for the R2E. It's running at 4Ghz, just where I wanted it. I'm rather pleased with it and will post some updated pictures in my worklog shortly.

I have a Swiftech GTZ too but still haven't put it under water. I'm working on my htpc build and will probably use it in that. I love the looks of the Cuplex DI's though. I'm curious to see what changes they have to rev 2. I might just need a fourth Double Impact.

fox3
01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
What would you consider to be the better application for a Yorkfield, horizontal or vertical? I haven't installed the block yet, still working out the bugs with the AE and aquasuite.

Lsdmeasap
01-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Where do you guys buy the Swiftech GTX mounting kit? I can't find one anywhere, or the D-Tek one in stock anywhere would also be great

Eddie3dfx
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey guys. As you know I'm a huge fan of the AC Double Impact blocks. In my worklog I've only used it on 775 socket cpu's but now have installed an i7 setup in my MurderMod TJ07. I have my Cuplex HD mouted 90 degrees different than ShoNuff but my i7 920 primes at ~67 C with about 4-5C differential between the cores. I have that running on a Feser 120.3 along with my 4870x2 and chipset block for the R2E. It's running at 4Ghz, just where I wanted it. I'm rather pleased with it and will post some updated pictures in my worklog shortly.

I have a Swiftech GTZ too but still haven't put it under water. I'm working on my htpc build and will probably use it in that. I love the looks of the Cuplex DI's though. I'm curious to see what changes they have to rev 2. I might just need a fourth Double Impact.

My goodness, those things run as hot as the older b3 quads.
I didn't know I7's were such heat beasts.

Lsdmeasap
01-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I just want the Mounting screws really, I have a backplate. But I would buy a new backplate and screw set if that is how it had to be, just looking for something that looks nice and will work. I do prefer the D-Tek black set of mounting screws but I also do like that GTX black screws and springs as well. Just can't find the GTX at all, and the D-Tek not in stock anywhere (Cept D-tek but they want $13 to ship 4 screws)

headala
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Got this from Shoggy over at AC's forums....just FYI:

The cuplex XT diČ is a cuplex xt di with the newer middle part from the hd for a better flow. The used materials will stay the same.

Date? - When it's done

NaeKuh
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
welcome to the cuplex club.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_1097.jpg

Now you need to step it. :rofl:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0061.jpg

theseeker
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
The Aqua Club!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/theseekeroffun/IMG_0091.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/theseekeroffun/DSC00997.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/theseekeroffun/DSC00995.jpg

It is addicting.

headala
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
The Aqua Club!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/theseekeroffun/IMG_0091.jpg

:clap:Quite a collection! I wish Top Nurse was still around, she has a closet of AC stuff (and AC attitude! :ROTF:)

OMG and I used to love the Cuplex Evo. I thought that it was the purty-est hunk of copper I had ever seen.

theseeker
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
:clap:Quite a collection! I wish Top Nurse was still around, she has a closet of AC stuff (and AC attitude! :ROTF:)

OMG and I used to love the Cuplex Evo. I thought that it was the purty-est hunk of copper I had ever seen.

She bought the last one I had! Trust me, I have a boatload of AC gear and I still have more than she he ever had. I helped support a retailer foe a while with AC gear.

headala
01-05-2009, 08:04 PM
She bought the last one I had! Trust me, I have a boatload of AC gear and I still have more than she he ever had. I helped support a retailer foe a while with AC gear.

The mustang incident? Forgot that guy's name.

BlueAqua
01-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I still have an unused Cuplex Evo. That block is a classic. I think there are a few of us here with a boxload full of Aqua Computer goodness.

ShoNuff
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
The mustang incident? Forgot that guy's name.

You are talking about Dan from SNT Systems. I just sent him an email about two weeks ago. He is doing well.

@theseeker...I remember you now. I was sorry to see you exit so soon. You were our best hope for a consistent supply of AC gear for a while.

theseeker
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
You are talking about Dan from SNT Systems. I just sent him an email about two weeks ago. He is doing well.

@theseeker...I remember you now. I was sorry to see you exit so soon. You were our best hope for a consistent supply of AC gear for a while.

Thanks for remembering! Unfortunately my semi-retirement ended prematurely. I am a sucker for $$$.

theseeker
01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I still have an unused Cuplex Evo. That block is a classic. I think there are a few of us here with a boxload full of Aqua Computer goodness.

Don't let it go. I actually still have on that has never been opened along with a silver Cuplex XT. When I die my family is going to wonder what I was thinking and hold a big auction!

Lsdmeasap
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
welcome to the cuplex club.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_1097.jpg

Now you need to step it. :rofl:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0061.jpg

So, how does this help really? I mean I have seen the concept a few times, but I just dont get it? The same area contacts the CPU right? And wouldn't less overall copper take away from the amount being used to pull heat away from the CPU?

headala
01-06-2009, 06:48 AM

LOL, yeah, that was him. Seeker, did you start a shop? What was the name?

headala
01-06-2009, 06:51 AM
So, how does this help really? I mean I have seen the concept a few times, but I just dont get it? The same area contacts the CPU right? And wouldn't less overall copper take away from the amount being used to pull heat away from the CPU?

You're assuming that the IHS stays flat under pressure, but it doesn't:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160566

theseeker
01-06-2009, 07:18 AM
LOL, yeah, that was him. Seeker, did you start a shop? What was the name?

It was Tempest Cool. It started off quite well until I was lured back into the energy business. I sent 90% of my gear to Sharka and kept a nice stash for myself.

BlueAqua
01-06-2009, 08:03 AM
It was Tempest Cool. It started off quite well until I was lured back into the energy business. I sent 90% of my gear to Sharka and kept a nice stash for myself.

I remember that place. I don't think I ever ordered anything from you though. I had a year or two hiatus where I didn't buy any water cooling parts. I think that's when I got into phase and ln2.

NaeKuh
01-06-2009, 09:29 AM

common myth in h2o cooling.

The Entire IHS needs to be covered.

:up:

Best mount is a mount which has just the cores under the IHS stamped under pressure.

The rest of ihs is pointless and just used for protection.

bah i'll lose to you guys in AC parts. But overall parts, i think i have almost as much as a small vendor. :rofl:

And i think the Cuplex Evo would make one hell of a chiller block if it wasnt acrylic. The mass would keep the base cold for a while.

Lsdmeasap
01-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Ahh, Ok! Thanks for the info about that, how much does something like that normally cost to get done?

Lsdmeasap
01-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Ahh, Ok! Thanks for the info about that, how much does something like that normally cost to get done?

*EDIT*

Hey, no results were ever posted? What gives?

:lol: Sorry, quoted myself instead of edit! :lol:

gillbot
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The Entire IHS needs to be covered.

I disagree but I'm not going to debate it with you. I don't want you coming after me like the rebid squirrel you are! :ROTF::rofl:

fox3
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I disagree but I'm not going to debate it with you. I don't want you coming after me like the rebid squirrel you are! :ROTF::rofl:

Now you did it ...

http://mysite.verizon.net/~vze393r4/web/funnysq.jpg

Chruschef
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM

theres a lot of variables. total IHS covering could work better under some circumstances, and could not in some circumstances...

... i'd guess that total IHS covering would work the best, because you absorb all heat that spreads.

Waterlogged
01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I think NaeKuh meant to write, "It is a common myth in h2o cooling that the entire IHS needs to be covered."...at least, that's the way I read it.

theseeker
01-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I remember that place. I don't think I ever ordered anything from you though. I had a year or two hiatus where I didn't buy any water cooling parts. I think that's when I got into phase and ln2.
It was intended to be a hobby and sold about 75% of my inventory in two weeks! At the time there was a big Aqua following and I carried just about everything they offered. I will never forget my first order, it was $5,700 of AC gear.

NaeKuh
01-06-2009, 02:06 PM

oh dont make me spank you.

you should know very well, that if the IHS needed to be covered steped blocks wouldnt outperform flat ones.

I think NaeKuh meant to write, "It is a common myth in h2o cooling that the entire IHS needs to be covered."...at least, that's the way I read it.

thats what i meant.

Now you did it ...

im the one with the pink sabre.

theseeker
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Now you did it ...

I love the Jedi squirrels!

warriorpoet
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
im the one with the pink sabre.:hrhr::gay:

headala
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
:hrhr::gay:

Haha, I always wanted to use that smiley. :p:

Did we ever figure out if stepping + lapped IHS is better than just stepping? Or does stepping take away most of the need for lapping the IHS?

gillbot
01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
oh dont make me spank you.

you should know very well, that if the IHS needed to be covered steped blocks wouldnt outperform flat ones.

thats what i meant.

im the one with the pink sabre.

That's where I was going, maybe you should learn to use a keyboard first instead of a pink light saber! :rofl::ROTF:

NaeKuh
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
That's where I was going, maybe you should learn to use a keyboard first instead of a pink light saber! :rofl::ROTF:

pink light sabre FTW!

Kill first ask questions later.. :rofl:

shiet i had pink coolant at one point in time:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0721.jpg

^right b4 i had an uber accident because i didnt use CLAMPS :rofl:

iono... something about the color pink really calms me. :rofl:
You'll never catch me dead wearing pink, but i dont mind building stuff with pink.

Shiet, ive been nagging our admins to give me a pink name :rofl:

gillbot
01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello Kitty!

Lsdmeasap
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Turned out to be a great choice aside from my disappointment in the actual Acrylic color. Idle temps dropped 4-5C and Load temps dropped 8-10C from what the MC-TDX was giving me

Now to install my New Rad, been using a BIP because it was cheap at the time. Could only afford a BIX 240 this time around with the Cuplex's price, but it will for sure be better then the BIP!

Soon to see some more C's coming off my temps!

Cuplex XT seems to be a great block, superb construction that is for sure! Overall MUCH Better then the MC-TDX in my opinion

Still looking for a link to the GTZ mounting kit, and to see some results from stepping this block. Link was given, with no results posted??

NaeKuh
01-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Turned out to be a great choice aside from my disappointment in the actual Acrylic color. Idle temps dropped 4-5C and Load temps dropped 8-10C from what the MC-TDX was giving me

EH?

the cuplex should not be that much better if at all then the MCP TDX. :shrug:

Lsdmeasap
01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Well it is for sure better, I only changed the block and nothing else. Mounting was all the same MC-TDX kit, with ThermalRight Backplate I was previously using

And I dont think it has anything to do with the mount as I had mounted my MC-TDX several times all generally having the same area of temps.

headala
01-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Now to install my New Rad, been using a BIP because it was cheap at the time. Could only afford a BIX 240 this time around with the Cuplex's price, but it will for sure be better then the BIP!

Soon to see some more C's coming off my temps!

Cuplex XT seems to be a great block, superb construction that is for sure! Overall MUCH Better then the MC-TDX in my opinion

Still looking for a link to the GTZ mounting kit, and to see some results from stepping this block. Link was given, with no results posted??

You have the Cuplex XT Di, not just an XT, right?

Lsdmeasap
01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Ya, Cuplex XT DI.

NaeKuh
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
oh wellz...

just wrap it as a happy ending!

Good job! :up:

Lsdmeasap
01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Ya, I was not expecting such a load temp (or Temps in General) difference myself either, a little better maybe. But it is for sure better idle and load, Load by more then I expected!

Great Purchase decision even for the price ($79) I think, due to I have to have something that looks nice and this sure covers that + some

Time to get the BIX in now!

NaeKuh
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
my motto has always been.

the only person that matters is you!

so if your happy!

Enjoy it!

So how long you expect to keep your loop up this time b4 you tear it down to add something else? :rofl:

Lsdmeasap
01-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Ya, I suppose that is true

Well My Loop with the MC-TDX in it, I had for about 7-8 months

I think I will keep this for that long or longer, just have to add in my new rad and I will be done. Just left the old Rad in for a quick comparison this week

I am modding a rocketfish but have to wait on good weather so I can paint, so it will likely get redone in the spring anyway I suppose to go into the Rocketfisk