PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy phase change stuff?

3lite
10-23-2003, 03:43 AM
I want to make a phase change system simmilar to a prometia, but myself (and cheaper:D ). This will be my first system. I cannot find any online retaillers for compressers and stuff, can anyone pls give me some links to shops?

Oh yes Im in switzerland btw.

3lite
10-23-2003, 12:30 PM
oh yes and what sort of gear should I get for a single stage R404a system that can deal with ~250W? This will later become the high stage of a 2 stage cascade. Or not.

So, pls list EVERYTHING, cos I don't have any tools at all.

I was thinking:

- MAPP Gas
- Bazing sticks
- Compressor or condensing unit (which one ?!?!?!?)
- Copper tubing (which diameter, what lenght?!?!?!)
- Cap tube (length, width?!?!?!??!)
- A refrigeration valve (what is its proper name?)
- Tube bending kit
- A good digital thermometer
- Oh and R404a of course ;)

I will not have an evap on the low side of this system, as I inted to have an IHS simmilar to berkut's, in his cascade. Is that form of IHS efficent (it doesen't look efficent AT ALL [to me ^^]).

Thank you!

3lite
10-24-2003, 06:55 AM
LOL, I had R410a before, it was a typo. It is meant to be R404a!!!!

(now fixed)

Weapon
10-24-2003, 09:02 PM
a lot of people in here track their stuff down on eB@y as you can often find it very very cheap.
search the HVAC section for compressors -- they have some excellent deals in there...you can find new, high quality compressors for as little as $25 + $25 shipping (they are a little heavy)

copper tubing can be gotten from lowes or home depot

cap tubing - check your local phone book for HVAC stores -- the ones around here stock most sizes of cap tube and they are reasonably priced.

if there are no local shops, you can get condensors, cap tube, fittings, etc. here:
http://www.rparts.com/