PDA

View Full Version : First time liquid cooling, need some help!

exemay
12-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Ok, so this if my first time liquid cooling, and before i order my parts id like to know if what im doing is ok, and get some opinions from the more experienced liquid coolers here :)

so, my computer is running air cooled in an antec 900, my current spec is:

Abit ip 35 pro, intel q660, 6gb domiantor, 2x 10k rpm hdd's, cd/dvd drive, 650w PSU, and a 4870x2.

so, here is what i need help with. im gunna get a tj07 case and mount 2 radiators in it, a daul up front where the hard drives are, and a second radiator, this one a tripple down in the bottom of the case, with the PSU, res/pump.
i need to know if its ok to have the q660 and 4870x2 in the same loop, i was thinking about putting it in this order:

tripple radiator feeding the 4870x2, then going into the dual radiator, then to the q660 cpu, then to the pump, and back round to the tripple radiator.

i hope people can follow what i mean, if not just ask and ill try explain a little more, any comments will be welcomed and very much appreciated. im open to doing anything with this case, i have a resonably high budget, please bare in mind ive never liquid cooled before, so the more help the better

many thanks,

exe:)

NysoO
12-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Should be fine. Loop order doesn't really matter tho. Try to route it so you're using a minimal amount of tubing.

exemay
12-28-2008, 03:46 PM
i was also wondering if it is possible to mount a dual radiator, using the two 120mm fans at the top, without too much modding??
thanks