PDA

View Full Version : Lol

DarthBeavis
12-28-2008, 01:04 PM
I almost sharted myself.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12/25/upgrade-your-liquid-cooling-system-now/1

Thermaltake continuously brings innovative ideas with premium quality products to PC DIY world

OK, whoever writes for Bit Tech has zero credibility at least at this time IHMO.

jasonelmore
12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
haha that thing looks like a spider with fans. Thermal take just needs to stick with making good CPU heatsinks/fans and quit trying to get into the water cooling buisness.

OggeOJ
12-28-2008, 01:15 PM
"Performance CP waterblock upgrade

Works with liquid cooling system"

Yeah, thank f'ing jesus that its a water block that works for LC'ing! Seriously, why? And what are the two fans for?

D-Cyph3r
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
They both look far superior to their previous efforts, thats for sure (well, excluding the silly fans)....

Micutzu
12-28-2008, 01:20 PM
OK, whoever writes for Bit Tech has zero credibility at least at this time IHMO.

Bit-tech just posted Thermaltake's press release word by word, that's all.

bmilos
12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
They both look far superior to their previous efforts, thats for sure (well, excluding the silly fans)....

Agreed. I like the concept, but Im sure it just isnt a top performer. Could be good for entry kit, though.

aspire.comptech
12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Looks like carp.

I respond with a resounding meh.

DeathWalking
12-28-2008, 01:24 PM
If that WB200 NB block is all copper as claimed, I wouldn't mind owning that. I think all copper looks great. May not be the absolute best performer, but its a NB.

EDIT: Meh. I'm guessing it will perform decently well and be more restrictive than a MCW30, but it doesn't have the polished copper look to it, like the Enzotech all-copper blocks.
http://img.inpai.com.cn/article/2008/12/26/7ce8ba19-892f-4037-9681-5bdfbabf491f.jpg
http://img.inpai.com.cn/article/2008/12/26/26459aa2-e357-4663-a460-a6b79d68b593.jpg
http://img.inpai.com.cn/article/2008/12/26/c35baf08-a686-4910-9c80-24d6a7e0f115.jpg

NysoO
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
This is some really good sh*t. Haha :rofl:
The only thing those fans will do is to make the computer sound like an airplane.

DarthBeavis
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I will never again use ANY water-cooling products by Thermaltake (been shat on by them too many times, which makes my criticism different than others here who bad talk vendors when they have NOT owned and used their products - I have a right to comment).
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1672/dsc00632custom5gw.th.jpg (http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00632custom5gw.jpg)
then
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1108/dsc007827ci.th.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc007827ci.jpg)
which caused:
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7766/dsc00765custom1hk.th.jpg (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00765custom1hk.jpg)
(yes those where meh more ghetto days of water-cooling, I did not learn by coming to places like XS I learned by experience and many failures)

NysoO
12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I will never again use ANY water-cooling products by Thermaltake (been shat on by them too many times, which makes my criticism different than others here who bad talk vendors when they have NOT owned and used their products - I have a right to comment).

You do not need to have owned crappy products in order to know that they are no good. Experience from reading at various forums and reviews will give you the "experience" needed. You are just one of those who prove further that they shouldn't be producing WC stuff.

nikhsub1
12-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I almost sharted myself.
LMFAO! I almost 'sharted' myself once I realized what sharted actually means :D Yeah, I'm a little slow like that. :ROTF:

Movieman
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
LMFAO! I almost 'sharted' myself once I realized what sharted actually means :D Yeah, I'm a little slow like that. :ROTF:

I was just about to mail him this!:rofl:

nikhsub1
12-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I would think he would need something more like this...

NysoO
12-28-2008, 01:59 PM

"Because sharting happens" ROFL :ROTF:

Movieman
12-28-2008, 02:00 PM

Good find!:up:

DarthBeavis
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I swear I need Depends in all my builds as I am the leak-master general. Did I tell you guys about what happened with Autopsy way back? I initially have the fill tube sticking out of the mouth (before I installed the fillport in teh neck). Well, I have three DDC pumps in the loop and started it up back when first used blood red fluid XP. I did NOT put the plug in the fill tube, guess what happened? Blood Red fluid XP all over my walls
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9863/dsc02217tr7.th.jpg (http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02217tr7.jpg)

gillbot
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Some companies just don't know when to quit.

andyc

Why quit if there is $ to be made on suckers?

Eddie3dfx
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
As long as people buy it, they will sell it.
:shakes:

NysoO
12-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Why quit if there is $ to be made on suckers?

Dude, even as a company you need to have compasion. If I would be selling toilet paper, I would know to stop if it felt like using sandpaper when wiping ones ar*e :eh:

chris.y2k.r1
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
My first LC was the Kandalf. It's got an AM2 Opteron 2GHZ at 300x10 w/ 1.425 and DDR2 667 @ 1000. The temps aren't great but the CPU never breaks 60 under full load. It might not be a top performer but it is definitely better than stock air and it looks clean. I've heard they crack easily but mine definitely did not. I think the fittings would have to be over torqued to crack it.

T_Flight
12-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh boy. :shakes:

Ummmm...nevermind, nothing anybody would say here would ever get them to quit marketing trash. It's a lost cause I'm afraid. :(:shakes:

Aqua-Pc's
12-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I almost sharted myself.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12/25/upgrade-your-liquid-cooling-system-now/1

To bring Bit-Techs credit back up that is just a press release that will have been written by Thermaltake - all Bit-Tech do is put it up there for the intrest of the readers ;)

Digz
12-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I dare say its Copper plated Aluminium :D :p:

Maxspam
12-28-2008, 04:10 PM

(yes those where meh more ghetto days of water-cooling, I did not learn by coming to places like XS I learned by experience and many failures)
We have just as much "right" to comment as you do.
Your criticism is in no way superior to everyone else's.

warriorpoet
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
moar: http://www.thermaltake.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000955&id=C_00000956&name=Aqua+RX+Series-R2+UFO+CPU+Waterblock&ov=n&ovid=

*snicker*

[late night Thermaltake labs]

boffin #1: Hey! I know! Geeks dig heat pipes, right?
boffin #2 (wearing lab coat and high school lab goggles): Yeah...
boffin #1: They like water in their PCs, too for some reason, right?...
boffin #2: Yeah...
boffin #1: Well how 'bout instead of cooling the heatpipes with LOUD FANS, we, ya know, put a northbridge heatsink in a fishbowl and sell it as a premium quality product to PC DIY world
boffin #2 (hoists Taiwanese Guinness): Brilliant!
boffin #1: Brilliant!

Xavior
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM

How can you criticize a product properly when you haven't even held it in your hands?

warriorpoet
12-28-2008, 04:36 PM
How can you criticize a product properly when you haven't even held it in your hands?

Reputation, repeatable testing, results, documented pattern of unreliability, etc.

I've also had other Tt products that were not up their billing. In fact, I've never held a Tt product that struck me as particularly high quality compared to the competition.

HotGore
12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
moar: http://www.thermaltake.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000955&id=C_00000956&name=Aqua+RX+Series-R2+UFO+CPU+Waterblock&ov=n&ovid=

*snicker*

[late night Thermaltake labs]

That looks interesting. Someone should test it!!

Anyways it looks like the NB block's top is riveted onto it which will make it fun to clean.

Anyways I have always seen TT all copper water blocks as a cheap stop-gap for when something goes wrong and you need to get up and running on the cheap.

DarthBeavis
12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
To bring Bit-Techs credit back up that is just a press release that will have been written by Thermaltake - all Bit-Tech do is put it up there for the intrest of the readers ;)

they should put a disclaimer

DarthBeavis
12-28-2008, 05:13 PM

A person who has USED and OWNED the product > those who have not

Is this too difficult to understand? What is better information, first hand or third hand?

zeroibis
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I saw that yesterday thinking that it was some cool new thing, I found out quick it was just a n/b block and I was like... what?

I guess it is a big deal for Thermaltake to make a new waterblock?!

Nightstar
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
The only TT product I've ever owned is a Matrix Chassis. While I had no problems with it I can't say it had any particular virtues aside from the low price I payed.

Still these new waterblocks might be interesting to Chiller users if they are A: cheap and b:don't have any major flaws.

Maxspam
01-02-2009, 06:15 AM
A person who has USED and OWNED the product > those who have not

Is this too difficult to understand? What is better information, first hand or third hand?

I have seen you get mad at many other people for double posting.
Lrn2multiquote. :mad:

Xavior
01-02-2009, 06:39 AM
I have seen you go offtopic.
Lrn2stayontopic.:mad:

theseeker
01-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Warning Will Robinson! For those of us old enough to remember.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
01-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Reputation, repeatable testing, results, documented pattern of unreliability, etc.

I've also had other Tt products that were not up their billing. In fact, I've never held a Tt product that struck me as particularly high quality compared to the competition.

people only post something to be heard (their 15mins of fame) when something goes wrong, but when somethings works as suppose no one gets on the net to post their success. I have a bigwater 780e model cooling a i7 extreme chip along with NB/SB cooling with rampage extreme 2 works great to me I havent had problems with it running 24/7 no issues whatsosever :shrug: alot of folks told me I got lucky I guess luck is in my cards. Im running a custom setup in my QX9770 chip with feser 480, D5 pump with detroit head, etc...to be honest the custom cools better, but thats not to say the TT does not do its job either, but not as good. I say TT is a 50/50 chance when buying a product that it will work, but with XS help here my custom works BETTER!!!! than THERMALTAKE!!!

warriorpoet
01-02-2009, 07:38 AM
people only post something to be heard (their 15mins of fame) when something goes wrong, but when somethings works as suppose no one gets on the net to post their success. I have a bigwater 780e model cooling a i7 extreme chip along with NB/SB cooling with rampage extreme 2 works great to me I havent had problems with it running 24/7 no issues whatsosever :shrug: alot of folks told me I got lucky I guess luck is in my cards. Im running a custom setup in my QX9770 chip with feser 480, D5 pump with detroit head, etc...to be honest the custom cools better, but thats not to say the TT does not do its job either, but not as good. I say TT is a 50/50 chance when buying a product that it will work, but with XS help here my custom works BETTER!!!! than THERMALTAKE!!!Those are horrendous odds.

DarthBeavis
01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
I have seen you get mad at many other people for double posting.
Lrn2multiquote. :mad:

working hard be be a tool? you are doing a swell job:clap:

DarkCow
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Why do I have to hold a thermal take product to know its bad? I see there your block leaking, and I will take your word for it that it sucks. So I am not going to waste my time or money on a bad product when I can use a different product that other people say works, 100% and has much more, detailed data.

I don't spend hundreds of hours figuring out the universal gravitation constant, I am going to take Cavendashes word for it. I'm not going to bother figuring out how much power is to be had in an atom, I'll take Einsteins word for it.

also lol @ heatpipes

DarthBeavis
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Why do I have to hold a thermal take product to know its bad? I see there your block leaking, and I will take your word for it that it sucks. So I am not going to waste my time or money on a bad product when I can use a different product that other people say works, 100% and has much more, detailed data.

I don't spend hundreds of hours figuring out the universal gravitation constant, I am going to take Cavendashes word for it. I'm not going to bother figuring out how much power is to be had in an atom, I'll take Einsteins word for it.

also lol @ heatpipes

The point it that many people here at least used to harp on products they had NO knowledge of and did not even have decent proof that a product was bad. The just spewed garbage opinions which were accepted by the forums in general. Fortunately people started doing actual TESTS like Martin which then gave us some basis for opinions. I hope someone continues it. If someone says a block does not perform well are you just going to take their word for it? I won't. I want comparative test results or at least I want some temp results from an actual build. This only happens if SOMEONE bothers to install the test the product. Even then you have many variable so it only tells you at best what the block is capable of under a certain set of conditions.

mindspat
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Seriously, why? And what are the two fans for?

They appear to be optional with the purpose of cooling the motherboard's componets. Some mo-bo manufactures recomend, and include, "clip-on" fans (ex: ASUS p5e3 premium) for mos-fets if the user is watercooling the CPU since removing the CPU fan eliminates the intended airflow across the componets. This is why it's a good recomendation to maintain airflow across the mo-bo even if watercooled is being used. (iirc)

Regardless of how unusual it looks I wonder how it performs and would love to see what a tricked out (ie, blinlg-bling!) system would look like with one installed.

edit: what really blows my mind is that there's so called experianced users on this thread who are more willing to take pot-shots at each other then provide valuable feedback to legitimate questions of design and function. It's affecting my opinions and ability to respect their feedback...

jbartlett323
01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
so... how the hell to you clean it? if its brazed together... i mean i know if you do your loop right and use the right biocide and what not it shouldn't be a problem but still... i like to take my blocks apart and make sure they are clean before reuse in new/rebuilt loops...

JOCKTHEGLIDE
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Those are horrendous odds.

EXACTY :eek: thats just my take on it though.........

Tile
01-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Thermaltake are masters at making below-spec watercooling parts. Their radiators are the perfect tools to massacre the flowrate when combined with their puny pumps.

Nightstar
01-02-2009, 03:16 PM
so... how the hell to you clean it? if its brazed together... i mean i know if you do your loop right and use the right biocide and what not it shouldn't be a problem but still... i like to take my blocks apart and make sure they are clean before reuse in new/rebuilt loops...

My MCW6000 ran 4 years w/o any cleaning. Ran a rad flush through the system last month. Seems ok to me.

zeroibis
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
coming soon: Upgrade your noob puny radiator with the new TT heatpipe radiator of awesome! With 90 heatpipes it will cool the water in your loops better than any regular radiator ever could. In addition it also lights up with 600 colors and glows in the dark! This radiator is mostly waterproof but should only be used with approved TT cooling fluids :up:

T_Flight
01-02-2009, 03:27 PM
TT The First Rad to ever cool below ambient...trust us! :rofl:

rrrrrrrright! :ROTF:

DarthBeavis
01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
TT The First Rad to ever cool below ambient...trust us! :rofl:

rrrrrrrright! :ROTF:
Great catch. I missed that. They have discovered how to violate the laws of themodynamics as well as bend space and time.

T_Flight
01-02-2009, 03:51 PM
People, this is a good lesson. Never...I repeat NEVER trust a company who lists specs that are impossible. It is impossible to cool below ambient air without Ice, or Chillers or something aiding the thermo properties of one of these cooling loops. It's in the stickies and was empahsized very strongly. No matter what anybody tells you or whether they believe they are a God of watercooling it is physically impossible to cool below ambient. The rads are still cooled with air...that is unless a chiller or Ice is used or some aid. I learned that very well, and don't even think about it anymore. I just automatically look for that.

This is a good example of why TT gets a bad rep on here. It's not just slamming. They have earned it. Personally I hate it for them, but they need to change from "marketing BS" to "Marketting products based on their merits". That is what XS does here, and it's why I am a member here. People will not BS me here. It's not always positive news, but in this case it's earned.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
01-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Thermaltake are masters at making below-spec watercooling parts. Their radiators are the perfect tools to massacre the flowrate when combined with their puny pumps.

you dont want to see the radiator in the bigwater 780e model oh boy that thing is so freakin small it was very thin also like under an inch thickness......and they said it will do gpu, cpu, and hard drive cooling oh boy.......

Serpentarius
01-02-2009, 08:18 PM
cheap DIY waterblock > Thermaltake waterblock

even those homemade waterblock are better than their industrial waterblock .. what idiots are they hiring to design their waterblock? might as well retrench them and get these DIYers ..

Tile
01-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Even a 2x120mm Magicool rad will smoke it in terms of cooling performance.

exe163
01-03-2009, 07:25 AM
So much hate....

Maxspam
01-03-2009, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiT6_ohMOI0&feature=channel_page

"As you can see, a traditional power supply doesn't come with any LED indicator and it tells you nothing about its status, so you never know if your power supply is working properly."
:hm:

DarthBeavis
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
So who really makes the PSU? I do not mean who branded it.

DarthBeavis
01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
i believe antec

DB want bling PSU try MGE Magnum series

damn. you could chrome that thing and add neon lights

Tile
01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
The Toughpower series from Thermaltake are made by CWT.