PDA

View Full Version : halo problems

ch!mera
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
i needed dx 9.0b to play this, so i dl and installed dx 9. everything was fine, i was playing halo for about 10 min, and then right about 15 min into the game i got bluescreened. so i figured i needed new cats, as i am running 3.2 with my 8500le. hunted down cat3.7's, and have had nothing but problems. when trying to get into halo it tells me i have direct3d issue and to run dxdiag. but then reboot comp, and it is fine, i can get into halo. then, when i exit and try to go back in, i get the problem again. also, when i listen to chars talking in the game they talk where i can hear them for a bout 2 seconds and then their voice cuts out but i can see them still talking? what the hell is going on? forgive my english and runons, but i am so frustrated by this as i have been trying to get my com[p to run this for about 5 hours with n success. please help me before i start to hurt myself!

Edit: i have patched halo to latest version

ch!mera
10-22-2003, 08:52 PM
might as well add to my list of problems...i cant get fraps to run ingame, even though it sits in my taskbar doing what its supposed to. it just doesnt display in the game. also, when i exit the game, or switch maps when in multiplayer, the game bluescreens. ive read the other posts in this forum, and nobody seems to be having the problems that i have. what are you guys doing to make this game work so damn well?

Nookie420
10-22-2003, 10:09 PM
yeah, fraps doesnt run in my halo either, but i dont have any of the other problems you are having luckily. fraps doesnt run in 4 or 5 of my games.

ch!mera
10-22-2003, 11:26 PM
fraps problem is solved, just got fraps 1.9 instead of 1.8. also, from what ive read this issue seems to be mostly contained to the 8500/9000/9100 series of cards. seems only these cards are affected by the latest cats with these problems in halo.

Nookie420
10-22-2003, 11:49 PM
time to go find new version of fraps for me then.