PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake Bigwater 735 = $52 Good buy?

[XC] Synthetickiller
12-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Just like the title says. Radioshack has one for that price. Should I bite?

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1160&ID=1618

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/files/master/bigwater735.jpg

lowfat
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
no. A TRUE will trounce that POS.

fatguy1992
12-27-2008, 07:23 PM
No, from what i'v heard Thermaltake WC is the worst ever. Plus i'v seen lots of air coolers beat it easy.

Waymon3X6
12-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah stay away from Thermaltake WC products, they are poorly made and are not good performers. I second that TRUE.

itznfb
12-27-2008, 07:32 PM
thermaltake actually makes a couple decent water cooling parts... however none of those parts are included in that kit. the 735 acrylic block will break and spill all over your components.

[XC] Synthetickiller
12-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I was tempted just b/c it retails for $135, which is a joke.

Thanks for reconfirming what I thought. :up:

iTravis
12-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I got one of these from a friend of mine who is a reviewer and I can say it ain't that bad but for the price it's totally not worth it. Lucky I only paid like $20 for this just to set it up for fun and just like everybody expect, the result is worse than the TRUE. But it's great for those who first attempt to try WC, it's very easy to set up btw, even a noob can do it. :up:

hutkikz
12-28-2008, 03:49 AM
A friend gave me one of these last yr. I have it cooling the NB on my Max formula SE, but I took a few precautions.
First I built a box(ala waterkeg)to house the components so that if that cheap pump/res combo ever leaks it cant reach my puter.
Second I tossed the cpu block in my toolbox at work where it does a fine job as a welding backer.
it works fine in this capacity but I dont think I would trust it in any other situation.

EDIT: It did serve as my intro to WCing. I am currently building a proper WC setup.

DaMulta
12-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Well I had that, and used the block for a while. I like the block it works pretty well. With a better pump/rad

All tho it didn't work to bad!!!

Underrated that kit is.

It now cools a 6400+/2900pro/flashed XT/(Bios vmod)850Mhz with a DD block and a DD Maze.

It's in my cos machine. I kept the blocks. If the TT vga block would of fit the 2900 he would of had that one.....

He told me about filling it back up with rubbing alcohol not to long ago.....

Nazu
12-28-2008, 04:51 AM
My friend had the older Bigwater which had the block with the acrylic top too. The top cracked and the coolants spilled on the mobo and videocard. Needless to say that they were crapped after that. Also I have heard lot of stuff about the pump broking down.

Doctor Freak
12-28-2008, 10:25 AM
If u want lower temperatures go for something like tru120 (and its easier to install) ....this water cooling kit is only...only ok for some visual and cool-ness factor (for kiddies for example :) )...

If you really want nice water cooling then buy it by parts...its more cash...but its way better when we talk about temperatures...than kits like that...

DementeD
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
ya i had one as my first kit..now it didnt do horrible but i had the dual rad + single rad ..block never cracked but pump did fail after....a yr or better?..cooled my e4300 @ 3.7ghz and my q6600 @ 3.8ghz ..took it out after the pump started failing..and used the single 120mm rad for a friends just for the silent factor in a htpc style case...and built a good kit now(even though i still havent used it)..it served its purpose got me into the scene and learned a bit on the way..however id recommend building a setup or if u want a kit just so u know u have everything going with something from swiftech imo..