PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 is fun but I suck at Drums!

vengance_01
12-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Just got it for Xmas and I can say its really fun. Can't wait to get with a few friends and really have a blast. One thing, I really suck at the drums. I really hate the bass petal. It hurts my muscle after only 1-2 songs. Maybe I need a better chair so I am sitting in a better position. :)

bullet2urbrain
12-26-2008, 10:57 AM
possibly, you may need a better chair/posture/position, but more than likely its just you arent used to doing that sort of movement with your foot repetitively... My leg used to hurt too, but after playing for like 2 weeks it stopped hurting.. of course now that i got bored with RB2 i stopped playing, if i try to play again my leg will hurt again. same as my hands if i try to shred on expert right away on guitar.

Best of Luck :toast:

Riggs
12-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I cant seem to coordinate hitting the pedal and the others at the same time. Its too hard. >_>

UZ7
12-26-2008, 11:53 AM
hehe yeah, its fun for a while but its more fun when you play it at parties... had a family Christmas party and we were playing RB2, I have 3.2Gigs of DLC so I had over 200+ songs to play lol.

If you really get hardcore into the drums you can buy customized pedals or even do it yourself (buy bass pedal and put the sensors from ur old pedal mod). My bro broke my old pedal but I have a metal plate brace on it now but I hardly play the drums so I don't really invest much in it heh, I like the guitar more so I ended up getting the GH wireless guitar (much better than RB's guitar, and CC is having them on sale for $20).

But after you get used to it you'll be able to do hard and expert songs. Even with the guitar at first my hands weren't used to it so I wasn't able to do Hard, now I do Expert songs after playing a number of songs.

vengance_01
12-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Yea I definitely lack coordination on the drums. I wish I could get rid of that damn kick pedal. Throws me off every time

Soulburner
12-26-2008, 02:31 PM
You can keep the kick pedal pressed half-way, reducing the travel and leg strain.

bullet2urbrain
12-26-2008, 03:30 PM
You can keep the kick pedal pressed half-way, reducing the travel and leg strain.

I keep it pressed down at all times, until i have to play a note... its easier and also how i play a drum set.

vengance_01
12-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I will have try that when I get home tonight. ;)

knissel
01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I have rb2 and I personally love the drums. I can beat chop suey on expert but like nothing else past challenging LOL!

cadaveca
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I started playing piano, then bass drum in band in school, then migrated to guitar..I cannot possibly play the guitar on RockBand. It's too contradictory to what I already know...

On the drums though, I can 5-gold-star about 1/3 of the songs on Expert, finish another 1/3, and the the last 1/3...well...those bands were popular because of some skill I'll never hope to attain.

My son is playing right now, so yeah, the game's played here almost daily...

3 drum sets later....

All that said though, even being able to play decently doesn't mean your hits are even going to register.

RockBand2's navigation system to pick songs sucks. In the first, there was a progression in difficulty, but the Tour Mode simply dumps almost anything at you when palying "mystery sets"...after probably 200hrs of play time since release day, and I still don't know if I have unlocked all the songs....

Reznik Akime
01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
3 drum sets later....

A friend of mine has already went through seven drums. He is about to finally get a set of RB2 drums. That, or the ION kit.

But he is a drummer away from the game too so I can understand where the abuse comes from.

cadaveca
01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
@ $45 a pop for the RB1 drums, I don't mind so much. It only takes one drunken party and something breaks.

I bought it originally to get my kids away from playing with my guitars, in the end it gets used more than the Wii does. It's interesting to see what my kids gravitate towards, having all the consoles now, and many games, and the pc's...the amount of use it gets in comparison to other games out there makes the investment(@ $200 you can only call it that) worthwhile.

But then music is just something we do in our house. And me making an idiot of myself too. ;) This game brings both! :rofl:

Mav451
01-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Just got it for Xmas and I can say its really fun. Can't wait to get with a few friends and really have a blast. One thing, I really suck at the drums. I really hate the bass petal. It hurts my muscle after only 1-2 songs. Maybe I need a better chair so I am sitting in a better position. :)

It's just an endurance thing. After a few runs, you should be able to play for a couple hours at a time, though I would stretch first. That said, bass heavy songs (e.g. My Hero - Foo Fighters) are going to hurt if you aren't warmed up.