PDA

View Full Version : everytime I turn off my system theres...

JOCKTHEGLIDE
12-24-2008, 08:34 PM
gaps in my water lines is this bad? Im assuming its not a fully full loop then, but yet my resevoir is full it seems ok when its running it gets rid of all the bubbles, but I turn it on well gaps.......:(

taowulf
12-24-2008, 08:50 PM
You mean you have large amounts of air in the lines?

No, this is not good. You need to work those large air bubbles out. Then when you have lots of little bubbles, you lets the system run until those go away...that part just takes time.

MpG
12-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Tilt the system around while it's running, see if those air bubbles don't dislodge themselves that way.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
12-24-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks guy I will take a pic of it its actually a spare build right now just spare parts (gonna get flamed), but my bigwater 780e model got rid of the bubbles pretty quick on my main system, but this one system is built up with Laing D4 pump, feser 480 rad with some D.I water cant figure out the life of me whats wrong.....:(

lyl
12-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Tilt the system around while it's running, see if those air bubbles don't dislodge themselves that way.

I was gonna say, tilt the system when its off, bring the air bubbles to the res, then fill the res back up.

MomijiTMO
12-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah it's still bleeding. Tilt the case as much as you can [bearing in mind upside down isn't very good] and detach your rad and shake it. Sometimes rads hold air. As others have said, letting the air bubbles merge makes it easier.

Good luck.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
got pissed last night so I took it apart, but heres the deal the rad. 480 sits in my case at the bottom and my pump sits on one of the fans and about 3 (5.25inch) bays above is the resevori that sits in a 5.25inch bay I was running it thisway. Res, pump, rad, cpu, fusion block, and then back to res. I dont know if my pump is bad, but when I start it up it starts to suck water out of the res then within 5secs it stops, but I can still water moving, but not as fast as it did the first 5 secs.

firebane
12-25-2008, 09:29 AM
got pissed last night so I took it apart, but heres the deal the rad. 480 sits in my case at the bottom and my pump sits on one of the fans and about 3 (5.25inch) bays above is the resevori that sits in a 5.25inch bay I was running it thisway. Res, pump, rad, cpu, fusion block, and then back to res. I dont know if my pump is bad, but when I start it up it starts to suck water out of the res then within 5secs it stops, but I can still water moving, but not as fast as it did the first 5 secs.

TBH I've heard those bay reservoirs are the worst to try and bleed properly.

G'luck.

yokomo
12-25-2008, 10:04 AM
if you can slow the d4 donw some how that will make it ALOT easyer to bleed , had buubles in my first build for ages then i turned the pump down and they all went in a couple fo hours of just running . once ogne just wack it backto full adn that how i did my latest rig very easy but then again i have the swifty variable pumps about the only reason todial a pump down though tbh.

Conumdrum
12-25-2008, 10:30 AM
You can pich a hose to slow flow, that can help the small bubbles in the res to have time to rise to the top of the water before getting sucked back down. Could help on the big bubbles.

And your rad is on the bottom? Barbs facing up?

JOCKTHEGLIDE
12-25-2008, 11:42 AM
TBH I've heard those bay reservoirs are the worst to try and bleed properly.

G'luck.

Thats a bummer then to hear yeah its a bay resevioir what do you recommend????

You can pich a hose to slow flow, that can help the small bubbles in the res to have time to rise to the top of the water before getting sucked back down. Could help on the big bubbles.

And your rad is on the bottom? Barbs facing up?

yes barbs are facing up.....will try to reroute later tomorrow or tonight to give it another try.......other than that I might stick to heatsink again....

yokomo
12-25-2008, 11:54 AM
noooooooooo dont go back to air just because of some bubbles !
seriously they will come out , if you pump is hooked up via molex make up/get a 7v adaptor for it (use the 5v negative wire) and you get them out easy or just pincha hose for a while to slow them down .
the problem is caused bythe air getting to your res then just getting sucked back in as you ahve good flow.
be persistant and give it time.

JOCKTHEGLIDE
12-25-2008, 06:46 PM
add more fluid to push out the air locks within loop, can tap hoses with screw driver handle to get bubbles to the top of system

Note: try to place res in the highest point of loop with cap opened to bleed/bang air out

thx crunch I will then place it at the highest point the res that is its a 12 bay case so it will be placed at the very top then.....or high as possile that I can fill it....