PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn BloodRage Issues / BIOS Bugs Thread

BenchZowner
12-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Attention: This is not a general discussion, overclocking troubleshooting, guidance thread

In this thread you should only report any hardware related or BIOS related issues/bugs.
Remember to report your BIOS version and give a detailed description of your hardware configuration ( system specs & BIOS settings ), description of the hardware/BIOS issue/bug, and what triggers it ( if you found what it is triggering that issue/bug ).
The more and better feedback Foxconn gets the better the board will become ;)

Please keep the thread clean, and do not post if you've got nothing to add :)

BenchZowner
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
False alarm, it was a failing HDD!!

Bug/Issue description:
The board is POSTing slowly ( around 56s to get past the initial screen ) [ ram size report, CPU frequency, etc ], and gets stuck at "Updating/Verifying DMI pool data.
The BIOS settings are correct, and have been accepted previously and the system was fully stable ( it's happening on stock frequency & even "Load optimized defaults" as well ).
Sometimes it'll get past that after modifying some BIOS values that have nothing to do with that ( e.g. disabling the Display Quantum Force logo option ) and saving & exiting the BIOS menu, once or twice.
Sometimes it won't get past that point no matter what, and the only way to get the system back up and running again is to remove the power from the board, remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes and try again.

The motherboard arrived with the G13 BIOS version ( dated 11/12/2008 ).
I have a feeling that it could be a bad flash, so I'll flash the BIOS tomorrow and check again.

System specs:
Foxconn BloodRage ( Retail ) ( BIOS G13 )
Intel Core i7 920 ( Retail )
RAM Configuration 1: CSX Diablo DDR3-2000 2GB Dual Channel Kit - RAM Configuration 2: 2* CSX Diablo Sticks & 1* CellShock stick ( all Micron D9GTR )
VGA: eVGA e-GeForce GTX 280
HDD: Maxtor MaxLine III 300GB ( 7L300S0 )
OCZ ProXStream 1000W

BIOS Configurations shown in the video.

Video Download Links:
BenchZone's FTP Server (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/Videos/Beta_Testing/Foxconn/BloodRage/BIOS_G13/Foxconn_BloodRage_Slow_non_POST_bug.rar)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/176225662/Foxconn_BloodRage_Slow_non_POST_bug.rar)

BenchZowner
12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Reserve #2

saaya
12-23-2008, 09:56 PM
hey bill,

havent seen or heard of this before... can you tell me what exactly to do to trigger this problem? sounds like a bad bios flash where something got messed up with the dmi infos? before you flashed the bios you didnt have this problem, right? how did you flash the bios? awardflash? what commands? please use /WB/CD/CH/H2 or use winflash and select to update everything.

the clearcmos button isnt enough and you had to remove the bios battery?

hmmm i never had to do this so far... the clear cmos button worked great for me, i usually just hit the clear cmos button while the board is still running and then hit the reset button and the board boots right away with setup defaults :D

if that doesnt work, powering the board down, hitting the clear cmos button for a second and then powering on worked fine.

if even that doesnt work,there is a bios battery jumper, so you dont have to fiddle with the bios battery and get it out and short it, all you have to do is change the jumper and the battery is cut off completely :) i didnt have to use it so far tho, the clearcmos button works really well for me :D

BenchZowner
12-24-2008, 04:48 AM
hey bill,

havent seen or heard of this before... can you tell me what exactly to do to trigger this problem? sounds like a bad bios flash where something got messed up with the dmi infos? before you flashed the bios you didnt have this problem, right? how did you flash the bios? awardflash? what commands? please use /WB/CD/CH/H2 or use winflash and select to update everything.

the clearcmos button isnt enough and you had to remove the bios battery?

hmmm i never had to do this so far... the clear cmos button worked great for me, i usually just hit the clear cmos button while the board is still running and then hit the reset button and the board boots right away with setup defaults :D

if that doesnt work, powering the board down, hitting the clear cmos button for a second and then powering on worked fine.

if even that doesnt work,there is a bios battery jumper, so you dont have to fiddle with the bios battery and get it out and short it, all you have to do is change the jumper and the battery is cut off completely :) i didnt have to use it so far tho, the clearcmos button works really well for me :D

Updated, and solved.
Check the above post.
It was a failing HDD :(
The HDD ain't working now at all.
At least I had no data apart from the temporary windows installation on it.

BenchZowner
12-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Bug/Issue description:
The board is POSTing slowly ( around 56s to get past the initial screen ) [ ram size report, CPU frequency, etc ], and gets stuck at "Updating/Verifying DMI pool data.
The BIOS settings are correct, and have been accepted previously and the system was fully stable ( it's happening on stock frequency & even "Load optimized defaults" as well ).
Sometimes it'll get past that after modifying some BIOS values that have nothing to do with that ( e.g. disabling the Display Quantum Force logo option ) and saving & exiting the BIOS menu, once or twice.
Sometimes it won't get past that point no matter what, and the only way to get the system back up and running again is to remove the power from the board, remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes and try again.

The motherboard arrived with the G13 BIOS version ( dated 11/12/2008 ).
I have a feeling that it could be a bad flash, so I'll flash the BIOS tomorrow and check again.

System specs:
Foxconn BloodRage ( Retail ) ( BIOS G13 )
Intel Core i7 920 ( Retail )
RAM Configuration 1: CSX Diablo DDR3-2000 2GB Dual Channel Kit - RAM Configuration 2: 2* CSX Diablo Sticks & 1* CellShock stick ( all Micron D9GTR )
VGA: eVGA e-GeForce GTX 280
HDD: Maxtor MaxLine III 300GB ( 7L300S0 )
OCZ ProXStream 1000W

BIOS Configurations shown in the video.

Video Download Links:
BenchZone's FTP Server (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/Videos/Beta_Testing/Foxconn/BloodRage/BIOS_G13/Foxconn_BloodRage_Slow_non_POST_bug.rar)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/176225662/Foxconn_BloodRage_Slow_non_POST_bug.rar)

I think I've ironed out this one.
Seems to be a soon to fail HDD.
Removing the HDD solved the slow POST thingie.
Gonna try another HDD ( same brand and model to check if it's a compatibility issue or just my HDD failing ) [ I think I've heard the famous "click - tack" sound from the HDD once or twice some days ago ]

I'll update the first post as soon as I confirm that it's the HDD.

saaya
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
good to hear you didnt have any data on it at least...
i had the same thing happen to me a long time ago and it really confused the h3ll out of me, cause every single part worked fine in another setup, the only thing i didnt test was the hdd... as soon as it was connected the system wouldnt post at all, and no post code either. weird huh? theres a hdd detection timeout so i always thought if the hdd is broken, it wont detect... no idea how a broken hdd can cause the system to not post or post slowly actually... hey, let me check with the engineers here, they might know why! :)

BenchZowner
12-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Actually it was working fine some times ( booting incredibly fast and normal ) and sometimes "hang" with that slow post thing.
For example, slow post. Hit the reset button, and what a wonder! It booted fine :D

Well, it's not a BloodRage bug, it was my lame HDD, so it's ok no matter what :D
Haven't had a single glitch after swapping the HDD with another one.

p.s. Did you receive my e-mail with the attached document ?

tripgood
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Are there any bios updates available for the BloodRage? I have ordered a BloodRage and DFI LP UT X58 to bench and compare side by side using the same cpu and ram. DFI has released several new bios but I don't see any from Foxconn.:shrug:

OverClocker_gr
01-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Turbo boost is not working on i7 920.

bios P03

saaya
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Are there any bios updates available for the BloodRage? I have ordered a BloodRage and DFI LP UT X58 to bench and compare side by side using the same cpu and ram. DFI has released several new bios but I don't see any from Foxconn.:shrug:well what exactly is not working with P03? why do you want a new BIOS? if you want i can send you the latest beta, just pm me your email address :)

Turbo boost is not working on i7 920.
bios P03huh? so far it worked fine for everybody. i tested it on xp and vista 32 and 64 and it works fine...

Edit: wait, are you using the board i sent to hipro/gorillakos? or is this a retail board?
The board i sent to hipro/gorillakos some time ago needs one smd resistor removed to keep turbo multipliers high even under load, otherwise it will drop to default multiplier as soon as the cpu is under load.

can you post more details about your system?

tripgood
01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
G13 has been posted on these forums. I'll use it and see how it goes!:up:

OverClocker_gr
01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
well what exactly is not working with P03? why do you want a new BIOS? if you want i can send you the latest beta, just pm me your email address :)

huh? so far it worked fine for everybody. i tested it on xp and vista 32 and 64 and it works fine...

Edit: wait, are you using the board i sent to hipro/gorillakos? or is this a retail board?
The board i sent to hipro/gorillakos some time ago needs one smd resistor removed to keep turbo multipliers high even under load, otherwise it will drop to default multiplier as soon as the cpu is under load.

can you post more details about your system?i had this issue with this board(hipro/gorillakos) and i was wondering whats wrong :p: but no, this is the retail board.

Core i7 920 835A
Bios G13/P03(i think they are the same)
3*1GB Patriot 1866 Viper D9GTR

and i found and another issue.
I cant set manually the tcl.If i set it manual 7,8,9,10 doesn't matter it ll not post.

BenchZowner
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
i had this issue with this board(hipro/gorillakos) and i was wondering whats wrong :p: but no, this is the retail board.

Core i7 920 835A
Bios G13/P03(i think they are the same)
3*1GB Patriot 1866 Viper D9GTR

Nevermind the Turbo issue Sascha, just spoke with OverClocker and he was disabling EIST/CxE.

I cant set manually the tcl.If i set it manual 7,8,9,10 doesn't matter it ll not post.

That's weird.
Did you try with another memory kit man ?

OverClocker_gr
01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Nevermind the Turbo issue Sascha, just spoke with OverClocker and he was disabling EIST/CxE.

That's weird.
Did you try with another memory kit man ?

xexe,yes, i find it out just when i was talking to you.But i think that is better to be able to change turbo mode with out enabling PPM+EIST

No,but with older bios(G11) i haven't any problem.

BenchZowner
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
But i think that is better to be able to change turbo mode with out enabling PPM+EIST

Yeah, +1 on that :)

dengyong
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I tried out the xmp profile on corsair TR3X6G1600C8D (running all 6 GB) G13 bios 920 @ default.

It should set 1600 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v (confirmed in cpuz) instead it sets 1800 @ 1.85v

BenchZowner
01-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if Intel's XMP specifications include a voltage setting.
However Sascha told me that they are working on their implementation of XMP.

dengyong
01-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure if Intel's XMP specifications include a voltage setting.
However Sascha told me that they are working on their implementation of XMP.

XMP wasn't an option in the bios my board shipped with... No problem, just giving feedback.

Raja@ASUS
01-03-2009, 03:20 PM
XMP, has been known to be implemented in a way that the BIOS automatically raises a plethora of voltages. Including CPU VCore in it's ugliest form (we've seen it). Seriously, I know XMP is a selling point for memory these days, but you're always better off putting in the graft and getting there manually.

That being said, it's a feature that board manufacs have to deal with and make workable.

raja

saaya
01-05-2009, 03:53 AM
i had this issue with this board(hipro/gorillakos) and i was wondering whats wrong :p: but no, this is the retail board.so they didnt forward the mod to you?
you just have to remove a single smd part and then the problem is solved :)
pm me your email address and ill send you the mod :D

I cant set manually the tcl.If i set it manual 7,8,9,10 doesn't matter it ll not post.what memory? Are you using XMP?

i think that is better to be able to change turbo mode with out enabling PPM+EISTWhy?
If you want the cpu to run with 21x multi all the time just set cpu turbo to "always on" which forces turbo mode nonstop :)

Its not possible to disable EIST and PPM and still use turbo, cause Turbo is an extension of EIST, its basically reverse throttling, and the conditions that need to be set for it to happen are controlled by PPM... so... its not possible to disable EIST and PPM afaik. And again, why would you want to disable them? whats the difference between having it enabled and disabled? :confused:

I tried out the xmp profile on corsair TR3X6G1600C8D (running all 6 GB) G13 bios 920 @ default.

It should set 1600 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v (confirmed in cpuz) instead it sets 1800 @ 1.85vyeah, there are so many faulty/buggy XMP profiles that didnt work well on x48 and much less on x58, so we used a single XMP profile for now. In G15 and newer there is a new feature added which is virtual XMP, you can select any memory speed from 1066 to 1866 under virtual XMP and the timings and voltages will be set automatically :)
THis works for any mem, whether it has xmp or not.
And XMP profiles of the mem can be applied now as well in case you want to use them.

But like raja said, its really better to set everything manually.
And like i always said, there isnt really any point in XMP...
People who dont know how to configure their memory wont have a clue what XMP is and how to enable it. And people who know what xmp is and how to enable it know how to configure the memory manually and prefer to do it that way... :D

BenchZowner
01-05-2009, 05:13 AM
PPM would limit the maximum frequencies for the CPU, if the Current Limit is also enabled when enabling PPM as far as I know.
Unless your BIOS engineers hard-coded the OverCurrent option as always enabled regardless of the PPM setting.

OverClocker_gr
01-05-2009, 07:31 AM
so they didnt forward the mod to you?
you just have to remove a single smd part and then the problem is solved :)
pm me your email address and ill send you the mod :D

what memory? Are you using XMP?

Why?
If you want the cpu to run with 21x multi all the time just set cpu turbo to "always on" which forces turbo mode nonstop :)

Its not possible to disable EIST and PPM and still use turbo, cause Turbo is an extension of EIST, its basically reverse throttling, and the conditions that need to be set for it to happen are controlled by PPM... so... its not possible to disable EIST and PPM afaik. And again, why would you want to disable them? whats the difference between having it enabled and disabled? :confused:

now i dont have this board,hipro does

The board that i have now is a retail which is ok with the turbo.

i have patriot vipers 1866LLK.No i dont use the xmp profiles.
Tried also to remove them completely from the spd but the result was the same.

When i set manually the tcl, mobo just wont post.

If i remember right, with G11 i didnt have this problem.

Raja@ASUS
01-05-2009, 11:04 AM

It should set 1600 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v (confirmed in cpuz) instead it sets 1800 @ 1.85v

If your XMP related DIMM's are going to 1.85V on this board, then make sure you increase VTT/Uncore to keep it within 0.5v of the 1.85V value. VTT should be at a minimum of 1.35V with VDDQ at 1.85V. Check Hardware monitor in BIOS and make sure the XMP profile increases VTT automatically to suit the applied VDimm. If it does not, set it manually - or don't use XMP until Foxconn updates the BIOS. A disparity greater than 0.5V is enough to screw your CPU.

regards
Raja

OverClocker_gr
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
now i dont have this board,hipro does

The board that i have now is a retail which is ok with the turbo.

i have patriot vipers 1866LLK.No i dont use the xmp profiles.
Tried also to remove them completely from the spd but the result was the same.

When i set manually the tcl, mobo just wont post.

If i remember right, with G11 i didnt have this problem.

so far so good.
With G15 that bill provided to me, the memory issue solved :)

OverClocker_gr
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Found a bug at G15.

Disabling jmicron 363 gives me instant reboots after raid initialization,JUST before Windows boot.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

saaya
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Found a bug at G15.

Disabling jmicron 363 gives me instant reboots after raid initialization,JUST before Windows boot.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

hmmm thanks for the feedback! :toast:
what hardware?
with G13 the same config works fine with the same settings?

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 02:50 AM
I'll try to replicate Overclocker's issue later on and see if I get it too ;)

OverClocker_gr
01-06-2009, 03:23 AM
hmmm thanks for the feedback! :toast:
what hardware?
with G13 the same config works fine with the same settings?
:)

sorry i forgot it :p:

CPU: i7 920
Ram: 3*1GB Patriot PVS32G1866LLK
VGA: 2*4870 @ Crossfire
HDD: 2* 150GB RaptorX @ Raid 0
PSU: Chieftec 850w(CWT)

Yes,same config at G13/P03 works ok.(except the tcl issue that on G15 solved :) )

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Is Turbo mode working for you guys without PPM enabled on G15?

I have it enabled and just booted into Windows, but did not notice the multi ramping to 21x under full load.

later
Raja

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Is Turbo mode working for you guys without PPM enabled on G15?

I have it enabled and just booted into Windows, but did not notice the multi ramping to 21x under full load.

later
Raja

For the time being at least ( I'm not sure if it's possible ) you must have EIST enabled, else Turbo Mode won't function.
To enable EIST you need to enable the PPM, so...

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks Bill, sounds about right. I noticed it being avaialble on G15 without the PPM function and thought they'd managed to isolate it.

regards
Raja

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Found a bug at G15.

Just flashed my board with the G15 BIOS man and it looks to be working and booting fine with the JMicron controller disabled.

Give your board a re-flash with the latest awdflash 8.83 with the following command:

awdflash 8A1F1G15.BIN /py /sn /Wb /cd /cc /cp /ch

And try again :)

Thanks Bill, sounds about right. I noticed it being avaialble on G15 without the PPM function and thought they'd managed to isolate it.

regards
Raja

I'm gonna try it with G15 now since the "Turbo Mode" option doesn't appear to be disabled ( as an option at least ) when I disable PPM.
Gonna report my findings in 5 minutes or so ;)

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Confirmed.

Disabling the PPM disables the Turbo function no matter what you do :)

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Damn, it looks like G15 isn't the overclocker's BIOS.
It looks like there is at least 1 bug that f***s up my OCs.
It seems to be ignoring or not mapping the right UnCore and/or memory multipliers.
Anybody else having that ?

For example I tried 200 BCLK, 20x CPU Ratio, 16x UnCore, 8x RAM, 18x QPI, saved and exit, and then no POST... beep beep beep ( no it's not the roadrunner :p: ).
After the overclock recovery power on & off, I got into the BIOS and found that the board decided to use or just show me 20x UnCore 12x RAM 18x QPI.
It also looks like it doesn't apply the QPI Voltage, as I found it on the "Default" setting twice already.

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
(for me) On the G15, only way to get consistent post around 195 BCLK is to use an Uncore no higher than +140mv ~ +180 mv. Not sure if that's PSU related again, but anything higher in Uncore voltage will throw a C1 or non post from reset/cold boot.

Once it boots you can increase Uncore up a bit, but not by much all the time. I've made it up a higher a few times, but find the board will go into overclock recovery on some reboots, so I peg back and start again.

This is all on the 2:8 divider btw, overall this BIOS is a little less stable than G13 for memory clocking.

regards
Raja

BenchZowner
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Just noticed something on BIOS G13.
In the CPU Voltage (Vcore) setting, in the description box on the right it says "Default value is 1.260V", on the other side the "Target CPU Voltage" field shows 1.160V with the Vcore offset ( setting ) at "Default"
And the trend goes on with any increase.
I checked the Hardware Monitoring page and saw 1.6V reported while the target CPU Voltage in the settings page was 1.5V
I'm gonna rotate the board to have easy access to the measurement points to check it out.

If the HW Monitoring page is correct, then I was running CineBench 10 x64 at 4.3GHz @ 1.6Vcore on a Ultra-120 :D
Poor i920 :p:

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
On my board, full processor load vcore usually is within 0.02V of the predicted value in the voltages page. (without loadline calibration enabled)

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Uncore/VTT appears to be 0.1V under applied voltage, could explain why I have not clocked my memory so high yet ..lol

Running 200 BCLK X20 Prime 95 - 8 thread now. I take back what I thought about this BIOS..lol

later
Raja

Edit: I should add this needs to be fixed pretty fast, the disparity between Vdimm and VTT can be way out if you select XMP. Just bear in mind that you need to measure VTT on your board, rather than take Hardware monitor as gospel.

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM
quick update - did not think this was going to happen. needs 1.52VTT (real), but so do many of the other boards up here on 2:10 @ 1T..

Anyway, some polish on the things pointed out in this thread and we're starting to look like we have a more universal contender on our hands...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6159/primecd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Need to nail Vcore now for the small fft's but progress nevertheless.

I think this BIOS should be fixed for real VTT voltages before going out wild though and anything Bill uncovers his end as a discrepancy.

later raja

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Can't get consistent reboot at 200 BCLK. 195MHz is still the limit with the reduced VTT condition. There's definitely something wrong about the way G15 applies voltages after a reset or save and exit from BIOS.

OverClocker_gr
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Just flashed my board with the G15 BIOS man and it looks to be working and booting fine with the JMicron controller disabled.

Give your board a re-flash with the latest awdflash 8.83 with the following command:

awdflash 8A1F1G15.BIN /py /sn /Wb /cd /cc /cp /ch

And try again :)

yes i did all that from the first time.
Maybe its the raptors that i have on raid and you dont.

OverClocker_gr
01-06-2009, 04:31 PM

so,i continue to have this issue,but now only at cas 8/9.
yesterday when i flashed G15 i only used cas 7.Today i wanted to do some tests and there is no go.

Cas 8/9(cas 7 is ok) gives me no post :(

saaya
01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
:)

sorry i forgot it :p:

CPU: i7 920
Ram: 3*1GB Patriot PVS32G1866LLK
VGA: 2*4870 @ Crossfire
HDD: 2* 150GB RaptorX @ Raid 0
PSU: Chieftec 850w(CWT)

Yes,same config at G13/P03 works ok.(except the tcl issue that on G15 solved :) )
Did you use the XMP? if yes, then that could be why you couldnt change tcl on G13 and P13 (they are not the same BIOS btw, but very similar)

so you run SATA raid0, and when you disable the PATA controller you cant boot into windows anymore? weird... are you using the ICH10 or the Marvell SAS controller to run raid?

Galerius, i posted a reply in the other thread :)
this is more of a shipping/newegg rma issue, not really a board issue, and def not a bios issue :D

regards
Raja
i dont think thats possible, but can check.
But why would you want PPM disabled? you suspect it has to do with the coldbug right? :D

Just flashed my board with the G15 BIOS man and it looks to be working and booting fine with the JMicron controller disabled.your running raid0 too? on the ich10 or on the marvell sas controller? maybe that has to do with it?

I'm gonna try it with G15 now since the "Turbo Mode" option doesn't appear to be disabled ( as an option at least ) when I disable PPM.
Gonna report my findings in 5 minutes or so ;)hm interesting, ill check with the bios engineers.

I tried 200 BCLK, 20x CPU Ratio, 16x UnCore, 8x RAM, 18x QPI, saved and exit, and then no POST... beep beep beep ( no it's not the roadrunner :p: ).
After the overclock recovery power on & off, I got into the BIOS and found that the board decided to use or just show me 20x UnCore 12x RAM 18x QPI.
It also looks like it doesn't apply the QPI Voltage, as I found it on the "Default" setting twice already.
so optimized defaults, then set 200bclock, 20x multi, 16 uncore, 8 mem and 18 qpi results in no boot? well for that im not surprised, since you need higher volts as well :D im sure you increased the volts as well, could you please tell me the exact settings you apply to get the no boot problem?
what does the debug LED show? dd?

Just noticed something on BIOS G13.
In the CPU Voltage (Vcore) setting, in the description box on the right it says "Default value is 1.260V", on the other side the "Target CPU Voltage" field shows 1.160V with the Vcore offset ( setting ) at "Default"
And the trend goes on with any increase.
I checked the Hardware Monitoring page and saw 1.6V reported while the target CPU Voltage in the settings page was 1.5V
I'm gonna rotate the board to have easy access to the measurement points to check it out.

If the HW Monitoring page is correct, then I was running CineBench 10 x64 at 4.3GHz @ 1.6Vcore on a Ultra-120 :D
Poor i920 :p:core i7 def likes watercooling :D
is it fixed in G15 or still the same?
can you meassure vcore on the voltage pads with a DMM and tell me what readings you get?
does this maybe have to do with ppm beeing disabled? do you get the same offset of vcore setting and reading in bios with g15 and when loading optimized defaults and only changing vcore settings and nothing else?

so,i continue to have this issue,but now only at cas 8/9.
yesterday when i flashed G15 i only used cas 7.Today i wanted to do some tests and there is no go.

Cas 8/9(cas 7 is ok) gives me no post :(
are you using xmp? what speed are you running the memory at?
what vdimm and what vtt? and the only thing you change is cas 7 to cas8 or cas9 and the result is no post? what does the debug led show?
could you create an spd dump with thaiphoon and post it here please?
thanks! :toast:

so there seems to be some problem with vtt beeing too low and not applying when set too high in one step
a problem with manual memory timings on the Patriot PVS32G1866LLK kit
a problem with the jmicron disable setting
a problem with vcore?

thanks for all the feedback guys!
ill try to reproduce it all and then show it to the engineers here and get them to fix it asap :toast:

for some things like the raid issue and tcl problem and vcore problem i need more details before i can even try to reproduce it, as soon as i get the details ill reproduce it to get it fixed.

PS: can anybody confirm that VTT is off and by how much by reading it in bios and with a DMM on the voltage pads?

OverClocker_gr
01-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Did you use the XMP? if yes, then that could be why you couldnt change tcl on G13 and P13 (they are not the same BIOS btw, but very similar)

so you run SATA raid0, and when you disable the PATA controller you cant boot into windows anymore? weird... are you using the ICH10 or the Marvell SAS controller to run raid?

No,didn't use.As i said few posts before i rip them off(xmp profiles fro spd) but i was getting the same issue.
i run sata raid 0 on ich10.Yes,when i disable jmicron just before windows boot screen appears, i am getting instant reboots.

are you using xmp? what speed are you running the memory at?
what vdimm and what vtt? and the only thing you change is cas 7 to cas8 or cas9 and the result is no post? what does the debug led show?
could you create an spd dump with thaiphoon and post it here please?
thanks!

no.1600(200*20,8x mem,16x uncore)
it doesnt matter how much vdimm i ll set.1.8-2.0v.
vtt 1.3-1.55
Exactly.See this video about the debug leds caus its kinda weird.
http://rs581.rapidshare.com/files/180600166/06012009005.rar

In a few minutes spd is coming

Raja@ASUS
01-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi Sascha,

VTT measurement disparity between the sensor and the measurement pad is around 0.04V at stock voltages (around 1.14V real, 1.18V BIOS reported).

FWIW as VTT draw high current (drawing upto 50 amps and beyond) VTT measurements taken from various points on the power plane (various capacitor legs or the inductor) are not indicative of what the CPU really sees.

If the measurement pad is fed from a trace under the CPU socket, that would make it the most accurate measurement point on the board. It's what the processor really sees that is the important value here.

The Hardware Monitor BIOS value is taken close to the inductor it seems - so is not really what the CPU is seeing.

With regards to the gap between Hardware Monitor and the measurement pad, well, the gap widens the more you increase VTT (makes sense as the current draw across the power plane causes more sag the higher you go).

Below 1.2VTT, the gap is 0.04V (pad is 0.4V lower than reported)
Around 1.3-1.4V VTT the gap is 0.06V (pad is 0.6V lower than reported)
Between 1.45v and 1.6V the gap is 0.1V (pad is 0.1V lower than reported)

Based upon the performance figures and overclocking results I'm getting with this CPU - they correlate exactly with the pad measurement for how it scales per Uncore/VTT volt on other boards.

With regards to the all in one step VTT/BCLK boootup issue, yes anything over 1.34VTT (measured) and my board goes straight to C1 at 195 BCLK.
This is using the OCZ Pro X stream PSU. Can anyone else confirm this behaviour please with their working PSU's?

regards
Raja

saaya
01-07-2009, 12:11 AM
No,didn't use.As i said few posts before i rip them off(xmp profiles fro spd) but i was getting the same issue.
i run sata raid 0 on ich10.Yes,when i disable jmicron just before windows boot screen appears, i am getting instant reboots.ok, ill try to reproduce this... weird..

no.1600(200*20,8x mem,16x uncore)
it doesnt matter how much vdimm i ll set.1.8-2.0v.
vtt 1.3-1.55
Exactly.See this video about the debug leds caus its kinda weird.
http://rs581.rapidshare.com/files/180600166/06012009005.rar

In a few minutes spd is coming
the video doesnt work... the dl always stops immediatly and the file is only 1.1kb in size... maybe its blocked somehow here at work, could you check and make sure the dl works for you?
i guess the debug leds are just flashing quickly and you cant read anything?
or is it cycling from one code to another in an endless loop?
what bios is this with? g13?
With G15 i cant run Bclock above 166 with 16x uncore on my 920... seems like a bug, as soon as i set uncore to 18x it works fine.

Hi Sascha,

VTT measurement disparity between the sensor and the measurement pad is around 0.04V at stock voltages (around 1.14V real, 1.18V BIOS reported).yes, i can reproduce this, for me its 1.14v at the pad, 1.16v at the pwm capacitor legs and 1.16 in BIOS. The reason why vtt is not 1.20v is cause the cpu is loaded (bios load) which triggers vtt vdroop. I already asked for a vtt vdroop mod and will post it here as soon as i get it :D

FWIW as VTT draw high current (drawing upto 50 amps and beyond) VTT measurements taken from various points on the power plane (various capacitor legs or the inductor) are not indicative of what the CPU really sees.hmmm at stock im getting exactly the same reading on both vtt capacitor legs i meassured. are you sure its not possible to read real vtt properly on the capacitor legs? the cpu cores draw a lot more current and vcore culd always be meassured reliably on the capacitor legs so far...

If the measurement pad is fed from a trace under the CPU socket, that would make it the most accurate measurement point on the board. It's what the processor really sees that is the important value here.The Hardware Monitor BIOS value is taken close to the inductor it seems - so is not really what the CPU is seeing.i dont know where it reads vtt, ill check :D

With regards to the gap between Hardware Monitor and the measurement pad, well, the gap widens the more you increase VTT (makes sense as the current draw across the power plane causes more sag the higher you go).nono, the difference is caused by vdroop :)
the higher the voltage the higher vdroop will be... thats the intel spec... but im asking the engineers here to please add a bios options to disable vdroop for vtt or at least get me a hardware mod how to disable vtt vdroop :)

Below 1.2VTT, the gap is 0.04V (pad is 0.4V lower than reported)
Around 1.3-1.4V VTT the gap is 0.06V (pad is 0.6V lower than reported)
Between 1.45v and 1.6V the gap is 0.1V (pad is 0.1V lower than reported)you mean the difference between the bios reading and the vtt pad reading is increasing? hmmmm ill check...

Based upon the performance figures and overclocking results I'm getting with this CPU - they correlate exactly with the pad measurement for how it scales per Uncore/VTT volt on other boards. yeah, the bios reading must be off... probabaly reading it at the pwm before vdroop is applied or something? :confused: no idea... ill check with the engineers :)

With regards to the all in one step VTT/BCLK boootup issue, yes anything over 1.34VTT (measured) and my board goes straight to C1 at 195 BCLK.
This is using the OCZ Pro X stream PSU. Can anyone else confirm this behaviour please with their working PSU's?so it doesnt matter how big the step is, it has to do with setting vtt above 1.34v vtt meassured at the vtt pad?

nooow here are the results of my testing:
EDIT: hmmm i checked again and i was wrong, the problem has to do with the vtt reading...
it seems that the voltage reading pad for vtt is not very accurate... ill post more details later...

And bill, i couldnt get a bclock above 166 with a qpi multiplier of 18 and uncore multiplier of 16.
if i change uncore to 18 it works, if i change qpi to 22 it works as well (although 180 is the max cause of qpi clocks)
this is a bios bug i guess and i reported it to the bios engineers :D
does setting uncore to 18x solve the problem for you? :)

about raid not working when the jmicron controller gets disabled, thats a minor bug so i wont test that right now, ill focus on the vtt stuff and the memory problem ocer_gr has once i get the spd. Thanks for the feedback guys! :toast:

Raja@ASUS
01-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Just been talking to Sascha, the voltage reading at the pad for VTT is right. Ignore hardware monitor as it takes it's reading closer to the inductor. The offset between set and real (with droop) is all that matters and I've found what I wrote a few posts back in terms of the offset seems to be the norm. The droop is normal and actually desirable to ensure that overshoot and ringback effects are minimized.

regards
Raja

Touge180SX
01-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Think I am having the same RAID problem. No matter what I do I can't run RAID on this board either on the P03 or G15 BIOS. When I enable RAID it won't boot to Vista CD and gives me a no system disk error but all 3 drives work fine when in IDE mode.

OverClocker_gr
01-07-2009, 04:34 AM
ok, ill try to reproduce this... weird..

the video doesnt work... the dl always stops immediatly and the file is only 1.1kb in size... maybe its blocked somehow here at work, could you check and make sure the dl works for you?
i guess the debug leds are just flashing quickly and you cant read anything?
or is it cycling from one code to another in an endless loop?
what bios is this with? g13?
With G15 i cant run Bclock above 166 with 16x uncore on my 920... seems like a bug, as soon as i set uncore to 18x it works fine.

about raid not working when the jmicron controller gets disabled, thats a minor bug so i wont test that right now, ill focus on the vtt stuff and the memory problem ocer_gr has once i get the spd. Thanks for the feedback guys! :toast:

the video is ok.Probably its its somehow blocked from the network at your work. :(

They are cycling.
Boot-b8-b9-00-E8-02-b9-00-E8-02 and the overclock recovery.

I am with G15 bios running 200*20; 8x rams, 16x uncore and 18x qpi.

About voltages..

Setting in bios

Vcore +170mV , target 1.33875
vdroop enabled
Vtt +240
pll 1.913
vdimm 1.89
amplitude 1v
ioh 1.18

Bios Reading

Vcore 1.39
vtt 1.4
vdimm 1.92
ioh 1.2

DMM readings
vcore 1.410
vtt 1.379
pll 1.9
vdimm 1.924
ioh 1.205

About the raid etc issue.
When i have raid enabled on ich10 i cant boot from sata dvd rom.

Attached file is the .thp

BenchZowner
01-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Woah, lot's of work now :D
I'm gonna get some food in and then I'll try to reproduce everything ;)

Raja@ASUS
01-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Are you on a rev 1.0 board Bill (my sample is)? Some of the power issues described may be different and or non-exsistent on rev 1.1 and 1.2.

regards
Raja

BenchZowner
01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I spent 1 1/2 minutes looking all over the board for the revision... can't seem to find it :D
Wanna give me a hand here ? :X

Raja@ASUS
01-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Sure Bill - sorry my bad, should have said it killed me looking for that too and that was when i knew where it was supposed to be, lol.

The floppy connecter at the bottom edge of the board, look above that and slightly to the left, you should see it in tiny writing..

Gary has a 1.0 and 1.1, but is away so I can't get him to confirm my Uncore bootup limits until he gets back..

regards
Raja

BenchZowner
01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
OMG WTF ROFLMAO.
And I was looking around that corner some minutes ago :D
It's rev 1.0.

OverClocker_gr
01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
It's rev 1.0.

:cool:

saaya
01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Think I am having the same RAID problem. No matter what I do I can't run RAID on this board either on the P03 or G15 BIOS. When I enable RAID it won't boot to Vista CD and gives me a no system disk error but all 3 drives work fine when in IDE mode.

thats normal, on jmicron you can enable raid and still boot with a single hdd and use the old non-raid windows install. on intels controller thats not possible, and on the marvell it doesnt work either i think.

as soon as you enable raid on ich10 or previous intel raid southbridges, you have to install a fresh copy of the OS.

but thats not the problem your having ocer_gr right?
you enabled raid0 and THEN installed windows, and it worked fine, BUT when you disable jmicron then it wont work anymore, correct?

the video is ok.Probably its its somehow blocked from the network at your work. :(

They are cycling.
Boot-b8-b9-00-E8-02-b9-00-E8-02 and the overclock recovery.
thats what happens when you want to change the cas latency?
weird.. hmmm ill try to reproduce this asap

I am with G15 bios running 200*20; 8x rams, 16x uncore and 18x qpi.LOL, really? :D
what cpu? 920 or 965? retail or ES? it must be a bios bug, cause with 22x qpi multiplier i can boot fine, and if i increase the uncore ratio i can boot fine with 18x qpi multiplier... :D i was using 12x cpu multi btw, maybe that has to do with it too...

When i have raid enabled on ich10 i cant boot from sata dvd rom.

Attached file is the .thp

About VTT, i talked to the engineers yesterday, like raja said, the vtt reading pad reads the actual vtt, the bios reading and bios setting are off... ill check if we can adjust them :)

BenchZowner
01-08-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm starting the "listed issues" check now.
Gonna try everything and report if I'm having the same issues or not :)

p.s. I've read your PM Sascha, will check that as well ;)

BenchZowner
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM
One thing I forgot to mention before.
It just crossed my mind again :D
It looks like there's a "hole" in between 2.21V and 2.25V Memory Voltage.
2.21V works fine.
2.22V and 2.23V are giving me noPOSTs, and overclock recovery.
Gonna check it out again with both the G13 and the G15 BIOSes to confirm.

OverClocker_gr
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
but thats not the problem your having ocer_gr right?
you enabled raid0 and THEN installed windows, and it worked fine, BUT when you disable jmicron then it wont work anymore, correct?

not exactly,i installed windows with G13 and the jmicron was disabled.with G13 i dont have this problem.(the raid is at ich10 not on jmicron)
With G15 if i have the jmicron enabled, windows boots normaly,if i disable it,just before i get the windows loading bar it reboots instantly.

Also with G15 if i have enabled the raid @ ich10 i cannot boot from sata dvd-rom.

thats what happens when you want to change the cas latency?
weird.. hmmm ill try to reproduce this asap
exactly :)

LOL, really?
what cpu? 920 or 965? retail or ES? it must be a bios bug, cause with 22x qpi multiplier i can boot fine, and if i increase the uncore ratio i can boot fine with 18x qpi multiplier... i was using 12x cpu multi btw, maybe that has to do with it too...
920 retail.
i ll try your settings and i ll report back.

BenchZowner
01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I took some measurements with both BIOSes ( G13 & G15 ).
The results are weird.
The last few measurements with the G13 BIOS might be just a bit off because the DMM's battery was getting lower.

CPU Voltage ( Vcore ) measurements
http://i41.tinypic.com/fee0qh.jpg

I'm trying to flash the secondary BIOS chip with the G15 now so I can switch from G13 to G15 with a single "click" in the BIOS, but it looks like my secondary BIOS chip is now failing! Some addresses seem to be 'dead' :D

Touge180SX
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
not exactly,i installed windows with G13 and the jmicron was disabled.with G13 i dont have this problem.(the raid is at ich10 not on jmicron)
With G15 if i have the jmicron enabled, windows boots normaly,if i disable it,just before i get the windows loading bar it reboots instantly.

Also with G15 if i have enabled the raid @ ich10 i cannot boot from sata dvd-rom.

I have the exact same problem. If I try to boot from the Vista CD in my SATA CD-ROM with either P03 or G15 BIOS (didn't try G13) it will not detect the CD and give me a Disk Error or no OS installed Error.

The results are weird.
The last few measurements with the G13 BIOS might be just a bit off because the DMM's battery was getting lower.

I'm trying to flash the secondary BIOS chip with the G15 now so I can switch from G13 to G15 with a single "click" in the BIOS, but it looks like my secondary BIOS chip is now failing! Some addresses seem to be 'dead' :D

With G15 I also notice a huge difference from the BIOS setting to the actual CPU-Z VCore reading. Something like .05-.1 volts! :confused:

Raja@ASUS
01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd stick with G13 really, G15 has a startup VTT issue too, that can prevent bootup above certain VTT voltages.

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Ok, here is the RAID problem I am having. When I put ICH10 to RAID mode in the BIOS, regardless if Jmicron SAS is enabled or disabled, when it gets to the part where it should load from CD to start a fresh OS install, it gives me a DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. When I put the ICH10 back to IDE mode everything works fine. I have the two HD's that I want to RAID plugged into SATA 0 and SATA 1 spots. I have tried everything and can't figure it out! I am probably missing something stupid but... any ideas? It did the same thing on the P03 BIOS that came with the board and I have not tried G13.

saaya
01-09-2009, 03:17 AM
With G15 if i have the jmicron enabled, windows boots normaly,if i disable it,just before i get the windows loading bar it reboots instantly.hmmm ok... weird... almost like windows was waiting for the jmicron controller and if its not there then it causes a problem...weird...
did install the jmicron driver? if you remove it, can you then boot with jmicron disabled?

Also with G15 if i have enabled the raid @ ich10 i cannot boot from sata dvd-rom.but with G13 it works, right? hmmm

The results are weird.

thats vtt, right? looks like only minor fluctuations, same voltages for both bioses, right?
I think the reason why G15 cant boot with high vtt is because of the bootup procedure...

I'm trying to flash the secondary BIOS chip with the G15 now so I can switch from G13 to G15 with a single "click" in the BIOS, but it looks like my secondary BIOS chip is now failing! Some addresses seem to be 'dead' :Dwow, really? :eek:
I sent you that board and before i did i flashed both bios chips...
Hmmm can you remove them and swap them?
Maybe the pins are just not making good contact?
And id recommend you to use the lower 2 bios settings to switch between the bios chips with the jumper, when you do it via the bios option then it might get confusing :D

if default bios is 1 but you select 2, then try a setting that doesnt work, oc recovery kicks in, and you will see bios1, not bios2. that can be really confusing :D So either check which bios chip your on atm once you enter bios, or use the jumper.

I have the exact same problem. If I try to boot from the Vista CD in my SATA CD-ROM with either P03 or G15 BIOS (didn't try G13) it will not detect the CD and give me a Disk Error or no OS installed Error.hmmmm so you installed windows on raid0 on ich10 sata ports and it works fine, but when you connect a sata cdrom then it doesnt detect the cd drive in bios and you cant boot to windows anymore hmmmm

With G15 I also notice a huge difference from the BIOS setting to the actual CPU-Z VCore reading. Something like .05-.1 volts! :confused:the actual vcore is what you can read in hwmonitor, the default vcore detection doesnt seem to work properly and detects a default vcore of .1v less than it actually is. so it thinks default vcore is 1.2v for example, but really its 1.3v. when you then set it to 1.3v its actually 1.4v

ill ask the bios engineers to bring back the vcore reading into the voltage menu until the vcore detection works properly on all cpus :)

I'd stick with G13 really, G15 has a startup VTT issue too, that can prevent bootup above certain VTT voltages.
Yes, id recommend you guys G13... G15 seems to clock memory better but it doesnt coldboot with high vtt.

Btw, an interesting thing our engineers found is that some cpus dont like to boot with high vtt. the same cpu will refuse to boot with high vtt in different boards, while other cpus boot fine. If you have problems booting with high vtt increase the X58 IOH 1.1v VCCA voltage to 1.2v or 1.3v :D

Update on the PSU problem btw, it seems that it can be fixed by BIOS! :)
We are still testing and researching this problem, ill let you know when i get more details :toast:

Welcome to XtremeSystems Trembledust :toast:
G13 and P03 are similar but not the same, and yes, they are newer than P02
And yes, the bios names and structure was changed a bit in G13, so thats why your not seeing the same options. And some boards are shipping with G13, some are shipping with P03 and some with P02 it seems, depending on when they were built and if they were updated by the distributor/shop or not.

I dont know about that superpi time... im not an expert in that at all... is the memory and 3d performance fine otherwise?

Ok, here is the RAID problem I am having. When I put ICH10 to RAID mode in the BIOS, regardless if Jmicron SAS is enabled or disabled, when it gets to the part where it should load from CD to start a fresh OS install, it gives me a DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. When I put the ICH10 back to IDE mode everything works fine. I have the two HD's that I want to RAID plugged into SATA 0 and SATA 1 spots. I have tried everything and can't figure it out! I am probably missing something stupid but... any ideas? It did the same thing on the P03 BIOS that came with the board and I have not tried G13.
when you want to create a raid array you have to enter the intel raid tool first as far as i know. so set it to raid mode, then hit ctrl+i and then create a raid0 array... then set the DVD drive to first boot device, boot from CD/DVD and i think you have to hit F5 to install the ICH10 raid driver otherwise it wont detect the HDD... does that work? theres a pretty good guide in the Manual on how to set up raid iirc, does that help you?

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Saaya, it doesn't even give me the option to boot from CD and goes straight to the DISK BOOT FAILURE error. I went into the BIOS, set ICH10 to RAID, saved and exited. Hit CTRL-i and set up my RAID0 with the 2x 250GB HD's and exited. Says nothing about booting from CD and goes straight to that error, even after a reboot. If I try to boot from Windows CD in IDE mode everything works fine and Vista sees all of my HD's but just won't work if I try IDE mode. :shrug:

saaya
01-09-2009, 04:01 AM
you mean it wont work in raid mode, right?
hmmm what about AHCI mode?
i remember there was something about ICH detecting an optical drive in raid mode hmmm

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 04:04 AM
I'm still a little green when it comes to oc'ing so sorry if this sounds like a noob question. I was fiddling around with the new board I received and noticed that some of the bios options shown on pics of the bios shown on other sites dont match up exactly with my bios options. This is the case especially with anadatech's pre-review of this board. I noticed they had options under their bios which I am not seeing on mine (system turbo, CPU Bclock, etc). The article stated that the board they were on was using the G13 bios which is suppose to be the bios the retail boards are suppose to be shipped with. I received my board this Tuesday and saw that the bios version is stated as P02. Board is said to be a rev. 1.0. I figured I got a board that just wasnt flashed with the latest bios so got the G13 bios and tried to flash using Foxconn Liveupdate. Program indicated that the bios I had on my board was a newer version then the G13 I was attempting to flash with, but in the posts I have read so far seems like P03 = G13. Wouldnt P02 be an older bios then? Also I ran super PI with 1m and got 12s. Huh?? On my old 9550 yorkie at 3.8ghz I got like 10s. I heard the performance diff from x48 to x58 wasnt that big but that cant be right @ super pi. I'm running Vista 64bit SP1 with 6gbs of g-skill 1600mhz ram, 150gb raptor drive, 500gb WD drive, 320gb WD drive in external enclosure connected via esata, CPU and vidcard (4870x2) on water. Im thinking it might be setting up something wrong in the bios (ram = 8 8 8 19, 1330mhz, 1.68v) or, I got a bad chip (920 oc'd to 3.4ghz per cpu-z). Anyways the fact that bios is saying p02 and p03 seems to be the latest bios is bugging me a bit. Anyone can shed some light on this for me? Sorry again if this is sounding noobish. Thanks.

This is not exactly a BIOS issue or bug, please delete this post and create a new thread if you need assistance.

You should update your BIOS to G13 (Click me!) (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/Beta/BloodRageG13.rar) and the options should be there for you afterwards.

Oh duh. My fault. Im suppose to run Pi with 32m on these chips not 1m. My fault. But still isnt 12s still slow for these chips with 1m? Eh anyways the p02 bios is still irking me. Says its a 12/1/08 build. Even some of the bios options in my manual dont match with the options I have on the board. Not alot of options but a few. And the fact I dont have the BClock option is reaaaaally irking me. Where are u man??????

Flash to BIOS G13.

thats vtt, right? looks like only minor fluctuations, same voltages for both bioses, right?

Nope, that's Vcore (CPU Voltage )

wow, really? :eek:
And id recommend you to use the lower 2 bios settings to switch between the bios chips with the jumper, when you do it via the bios option then it might get confusing :D

I tried everything.
Forcing a specific BIOS chip from the jumpers ( tried both BIOS 1 & BIOS 2 forced ).
Set the jumper to "software select with BIOS 1 as default", tried software select with BIOS 2 as default.
And also tried selecting the BIOS chips from the BIOS as well.

I also removed and re-seated the BIOS chips making sure the contact is good.
Still having the flashing problems.

I swapped the BIOS chips, nothing again.

Used only 1 BIOS chip ( removed the other one ).
Tried with 1 BIOS chip in both slots, nothing again ( still flashing problems ).

Tried flashing with ALT + F2 @ POST ( Enter AWDFLASH ), but it doesn't load AWDFLASH no matter what.
It gets stuck at a AHCI BIOS ROM screen.

I'm gonna try flashing with Fox LiveUpdate, but that thing doesn't seem to report if it performed a full BIOS flash or if it skipped or failed to write any blocks, etc.

Flashing with AWDFLASH 8.83 from a bootable USB drive worked flawlessly before, and I don't remember having any failed to write blocks at all.
Now it fails to write 4 blocks if I remember correctly on both BIOS chips.
I'm gonna get some screenies up in a bit.

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 04:10 AM
That's exactly what happens I think. When I have it in IDE mode my CD Drive shows up as SATA but when I throw it in RAID the CD Drive goes to ACHI mode. What do I need to do?

saaya
01-09-2009, 04:26 AM
bill, if all that didnt help then using another tool wont make a difference... the bios chip really seems to be damaged... lmk if you want me to mail you a fresh one, or maybe 2? :D

That's exactly what happens I think. When I have it in IDE mode my CD Drive shows up as SATA but when I throw it in RAID the CD Drive goes to ACHI mode. What do I need to do?im not that experienced with raid, let me check with the engineers :)

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Flashing with AWDFLASH 8.83 from a bootable USB drive worked flawlessly before, and I don't remember having any failed to write blocks at all.

Bench, I have the same problem. When I flash with USB and AWDFLASH 8.83 it shows that the first two blocks fail, third one goes fine, fourth and fifth fail, then everything else is fine from there.

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Bench, I have the same problem. When I flash with USB and AWDFLASH 8.83 it shows that the first two blocks fail, third one goes fine, fourth and fifth fail, then everything else is fine from there.

Hmm... that's weird.
There's a ( small, yet existent ) chance of being wrong, and that it was happening from the beginning, but I'm not sure.
I think it was flashing the whole BIOS fully at first.

I'll supply Saaya with a video and some screenshots to forward them to their engineers.

I can't seem to find any info regarding the "failing" blocks, they could be recovery blocks, I can't be sure :(

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Ok, thanks! Now I just need to solve this RAID problem! :mad:

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Solved the RAID problem I was having but was quite weird:

I am running 2x 250GB WD Caviers and 1x 1TB WD Cavier Black. Once I unplugged the 1TB drive and just used the 2 RAID drives CD booted fine. Then, when the CD started, I plugged in the 1TB drive again and Windows detected all 3 and it worked fine. Not sure how that worked or if it is even a BIOS problem but maybe the Engineers will know more. Thanks for you help Saaya and everyone! :up:

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 06:15 AM
BIOS Flashing "Issue" Investigation progress:

I used Award's WinFlash v1.92 to flash the BIOS chip 1 with the G13 BIOS.I updated everything, the BootBlock, the DMI Block, the Hole block and the main block.
After restarting the system and setting up the BIOS, I got into Windows and grabbed ( saved ) a BIOS Image from BIOS chip 1 to a file with WinFlash v1.92
I opened it with WinFlash and noticed the CheckSum, it's 9b38H whereas the original G13 BIOS's CheckSum is 8400H.

I'm going to try the same thing with the second BIOS chip ( BIOS chip 2 ) now.

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Looks like the cause for the failed block writes was the AWDflash version that I was using.
8.83 was giving me block write failures, I tried with AWDflash v8.94 now and it worked like a charm.

Gonna try the secondary BIOS chip now.

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
New G13 BIOS related bug found:

I decided to give RAID 0 a try, so I installed two Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB ( Samsung HD103UJ ) on the ICH10R ports ( P02, P04 ports if I recall correctly, will edit the post if I'm wrong ) and left my Samsung SpinPoint T 500GB ( Samsung HD501LJ ) boot drive in port 1 ( P01 ).
I installed Vista with the ICH10R in AHCI Mode and kept using it like that.
I entered the BIOS to make sure everything's ok, and re-arrange the HDD Boot Device sequence to make sure the HD501LJ was on top.

After restarting the PC I got the classic "Disk Boot failure, blah blah" message.
So I was "OK, guess it didn't accept the changes with the new HDDs, so let's get back into the BIOS and re-arrange them & save & exit again ).
But I was so wrong, it didn't work, the same result.

Then I said, let's do it the old fashioned way, OC Gear -> Display Smart Menu = Enabled.Save & exit.
The boot menu pops up and I select HDDs -> Samsung HD501LJ and hit Enter.
Once again, Boot disk failure blah blah annoying message...

Then I decided to remove my SuperTalent Pico 8GB USB Flash Disk Drive from the USB port... all out of magic it worked like a charm.
The BIOS Boot Device sequence was kept and used properly, and the Boot Menu pop up menu worked also.

I'll check it out again later on, and give it another try with the G15 BIOS as well.

Trembledust
01-09-2009, 11:51 AM
This is not exactly a BIOS issue or bug, please delete this post and create a new thread if you need assistance.

You should update your BIOS to G13 (Click me!) (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/Beta/BloodRageG13.rar) and the options should be there for you afterwards.

Flash to BIOS G13.

Nope, that's Vcore (CPU Voltage )

I tried everything.
Forcing a specific BIOS chip from the jumpers ( tried both BIOS 1 & BIOS 2 forced ).
Set the jumper to "software select with BIOS 1 as default", tried software select with BIOS 2 as default.
And also tried selecting the BIOS chips from the BIOS as well.

I also removed and re-seated the BIOS chips making sure the contact is good.
Still having the flashing problems.

I swapped the BIOS chips, nothing again.

Used only 1 BIOS chip ( removed the other one ).
Tried with 1 BIOS chip in both slots, nothing again ( still flashing problems ).

Tried flashing with ALT + F2 @ POST ( Enter AWDFLASH ), but it doesn't load AWDFLASH no matter what.

I'm gonna try flashing with Fox LiveUpdate, but that thing doesn't seem to report if it performed a full BIOS flash or if it skipped or failed to write any blocks, etc.

Ok Thanks. Sorry about the misplaced post.

OverClocker_gr
01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Looks like the cause for the failed block writes was the AWDflash version that I was using.
8.83 was giving me block write failures, I tried with AWDflash v8.94 now and it worked like a charm.

next time ask me before you do all these if i have a newer AWDflash version :p:

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Solved the RAID problem I was having but was quite weird:

I am running 2x 250GB WD Caviers and 1x 1TB WD Cavier Black. Once I unplugged the 1TB drive and just used the 2 RAID drives CD booted fine. Then, when the CD started, I plugged in the 1TB drive again and Windows detected all 3 and it worked fine. Not sure how that worked or if it is even a BIOS problem but maybe the Engineers will know more. Thanks for you help Saaya and everyone! :up:

Bench, that's what fixed my RAID problem too. I just unlugged my 1TB backup drive, started the Windows install, plugged the 1TB drive back in and everything worked like a charm! I can also confirm that this is a problem on both G13 and G15.

So if I update my USB Flash Drive from 8.83 to 8.94 it should work fine? Thanks Bench! :up:

BenchZowner
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Bench, that's what fixed my RAID problem too. I just unlugged my 1TB backup drive, started the Windows install, plugged the 1TB drive back in and everything worked like a charm! I can also confirm that this is a problem on both G13 and G15.

Using 2 Samsung HD103UJ ( 1TB drives ) and a HD501LJ ( 500GB ) and a Samsung SH-S223F DVD+/-RW in RAID mode without a single issue here, on G13 BIOS.
Booted fine from the DVD and installed Vista x64.

Perhaps it's a HDD compatibility related issue ?

I'm preparing a 3* Samsung F1 1TB RAID 0 now.

So if I update my USB Flash Drive from 8.83 to 8.94 it should work fine? Thanks Bench! :up:

Yes, update the AWDflash version to 8.94 ( you can download it from here (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads) ) and use the classic command ( awdflash BIOSFILENAME.BIN /py /sn /Wb /cc /cd /cp /ch /H2 )

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks Bench! I'll give it a try and report my results. :up:

Touge180SX
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes, update the AWDflash version to 8.94 ( you can download it from here (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads) ) and use the classic command ( awdflash BIOSFILENAME.BIN /py /sn /Wb /cc /cd /cp /ch /H2 )

Confirmed, worked like a charm Bench! 8.94 resulted in BIOS flash with no write fails. Thanks again Bench!

blindfitter
01-09-2009, 11:26 PM

So Benchzowner, am pleased you resolved the bios writing issue with awdflash v8.94, but am confused as to why Alt F2 the built-in bios flash procedure and Fox LiveUpdate dinot result in full and complete flash of bios?

BenchZowner
01-10-2009, 03:32 AM
So Benchzowner, am pleased you resolved the bios writing issue with awdflash v8.94, but am confused as to why Alt F2 the built-in bios flash procedure and Fox LiveUpdate dinot result in full and complete flash of bios?

Hi mate,

I don't know why ALT + F2 did not work for me.
It won't load, but since we can flash the BIOS fine from a USB stick I don't care :p:
The Foxconn Live Update might have flashed the BIOS properly, I can't be sure as there's no output regarding the flashing procedure, and I didn't check the checksums when I tried it.

As for a preferred BIOS flashing method, I'd take the bootable USB + AWDflash v8.94 any day.
You can flash and stay in DOS and check the checksum, and if the flash went wrong you can still re-flash, etc.

Touge180SX
01-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Hi mate,

I don't know why ALT + F2 did not work for me.
It won't load, but since we can flash the BIOS fine from a USB stick I don't care :p:
The Foxconn Live Update might have flashed the BIOS properly, I can't be sure as there's no output regarding the flashing procedure, and I didn't check the checksums when I tried it.

As for a preferred BIOS flashing method, I'd take the bootable USB + AWDflash v8.94 any day.
You can flash and stay in DOS and check the checksum, and if the flash went wrong you can still re-flash, etc.

It's funny Bench, but I am having all of the same problems as you it seems. RAID, BIOS, etc... When I hit ALT+F2 it just does nothing and I have to do a hard reset.

tripgood
01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
G15 issues i have found:

cpuz and Aegis panel report vcore .1v higher than bios setting.

tras memory setting auto sets back to 16 after re boot.

Can not remove power from the mobo or all stored oc's will not work. This could be a hardware issue, I don't know but it is troublesome. They all work when re-booting from a power on state.

BenchZowner
01-11-2009, 01:39 PM
G15 issues i have found:

cpuz and Aegis panel report vcore .1v higher than bios setting.

tras memory setting auto sets back to 16 after re boot.

Can not remove power from the mobo or all stored oc's will not work. This could be a hardware issue, I don't know but it is troublesome. They all work when re-booting from a power on state.

Check the previous page.
There are two tables with measurements for the CPU Voltage ( Vcore ) settings with DMM and CPU-z info as well.

The BIOS Setting is 0.1V off.
If you set the "Target CPU Voltage" to 1.3V for example, in reality you're feeding your CPU with approx. 1.4V

The tRAS setting isn't working properly for all the listed values, it's been reported by me already in this and the other thread regarding the BIOS ( Bugs, Issues, Features to be added, and Changes/Suggestions ).
tRAS 16, 20, and 31 work fine if I recall correctly ( not sure on the latter ).

tripgood
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow. i read all of the above posts but did not quite understand the impact until experiencing them. RE your post #35 above. Does G13 mess up your stored OC's after re-boot?
It would appear that FoxConn engineers have a LOT of bios work to do.

BenchZowner
01-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Are you talking about the OC "Profiles" ?
The configurations that you can save for later usage in the 8 slots ?

Elaborate a bit on that and I'll check it out ;)

tripgood
01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, When i remove power from the board, it will not boot when powering back up. I get the short beeps or long beeps. It goes to oc recovery and I can't boot from any of my stored profiles. A couple of the settings are different from the ones i put in and I have to input everything over. I have to leave the power on and shut the board on and off to boot with the settings I had when shutting down. Ultra 1kw, single velociraptor no raid, sata dvd drive, 4870x2 and various dimms.

I think I may wait until a new bios comes out. This thing is wearing me out:eek:

BenchZowner
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, When i remove power from the board, it will not boot when powering back up. I get the short beeps or long beeps. It goes to oc recovery and I can't boot from any of my stored profiles. A couple of the settings are different from the ones i put in and I have to input everything over. I have to leave the power on and shut the board on and off to boot with the settings I had when shutting down. Ultra 1kw, single velociraptor no raid, sata dvd drive, 4870x2 and various dimms.

I think I may wait until a new bios comes out. This thing is wearing me out:eek:

I'll try to replicate your issue when I get back home in a few hours.
At a first glance, it looks like a PSU "compatibility" issue, can't tell for sure yet, I have to test it myself first ;)

Touge180SX
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
When removing power my saved OC's load just fine with a Corsair HX1000 PSU.

chawks2
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Have to say the oc profiles are working out fine for me. I have been playing around with secondary BIOS chip and I may get a thread spank for this, but the Windows utility does not properly update the BIOS. Used my USB boot and applied BIOS with no issue.

It also saves your oc profiles per BIOS upgrade, was very happy with this feature/availability. :clap:

Now I just have to work on those RAM timings.;)

tripgood
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
My oc profiles are now working also. I disabled vdroop and PRESTO!

tripgood
01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Uh oh, i spoke too soon. I thought my issues were related to the vdroop feature. When I removed power from the board and powered back up, it went into oc recovery. I loaded a proven stable profile and was greeted with the c1 and long beeps. None of my stored settings worked. The only way I could boot was with the optimized default settings :down:. I know c1 usually indicates a dimm problem, but I don't think so. I get it with 3 different proven kits. Everything was working earlier today after making a couple of changes including when shutting the mobo off and on. When I shut off my ups the whole thing went to:bananal::bananal: Most of the psu's i have around here are on the don't use list but i'll dig something out tomorrow and give it a try.

Trembledust
01-13-2009, 01:43 AM
LOL Thanks Sayaa @ welcome. Thanks again for the G13 bios, Bench. Im getting the same inaccurate voltage settings on my board as others are reporting. Just adding my two cents in.

tripgood
01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Well i tried another proven psu and the same exact symtoms appeared. On start-up I can access all saved profiles until I remove power and then nothing works when trying to boot again. The weird thing is , the same thing happens when loading a different bios--it works until shutting the psu down. Will try to flash the 2nd bios chip tonight. If that doesn't work it looks like rma unless anyone can suggest otherwise.

Trembledust
01-15-2009, 01:54 AM
hmmm ok... weird... almost like windows was waiting for the jmicron controller and if its not there then it causes a problem...weird...
did install the jmicron driver? if you remove it, can you then boot with jmicron disabled?

but with G13 it works, right? hmmm

I think the reason why G15 cant boot with high vtt is because of the bootup procedure...

wow, really? :eek:

if default bios is 1 but you select 2, then try a setting that doesnt work, oc recovery kicks in, and you will see bios1, not bios2. that can be really confusing :D So either check which bios chip your on atm once you enter bios, or use the jumper.

hmmmm so you installed windows on raid0 on ich10 sata ports and it works fine, but when you connect a sata cdrom then it doesnt detect the cd drive in bios and you cant boot to windows anymore hmmmm

the actual vcore is what you can read in hwmonitor, the default vcore detection doesnt seem to work properly and detects a default vcore of .1v less than it actually is. so it thinks default vcore is 1.2v for example, but really its 1.3v. when you then set it to 1.3v its actually 1.4v

ill ask the bios engineers to bring back the vcore reading into the voltage menu until the vcore detection works properly on all cpus :)

Yes, id recommend you guys G13... G15 seems to clock memory better but it doesnt coldboot with high vtt.

Btw, an interesting thing our engineers found is that some cpus dont like to boot with high vtt. the same cpu will refuse to boot with high vtt in different boards, while other cpus boot fine. If you have problems booting with high vtt increase the X58 IOH 1.1v VCCA voltage to 1.2v or 1.3v :D

Update on the PSU problem btw, it seems that it can be fixed by BIOS! :)
We are still testing and researching this problem, ill let you know when i get more details :toast:

Welcome to XtremeSystems Trembledust :toast:
G13 and P03 are similar but not the same, and yes, they are newer than P02
And yes, the bios names and structure was changed a bit in G13, so thats why your not seeing the same options. And some boards are shipping with G13, some are shipping with P03 and some with P02 it seems, depending on when they were built and if they were updated by the distributor/shop or not.

I dont know about that superpi time... im not an expert in that at all... is the memory and 3d performance fine otherwise?

when you want to create a raid array you have to enter the intel raid tool first as far as i know. so set it to raid mode, then hit ctrl+i and then create a raid0 array... then set the DVD drive to first boot device, boot from CD/DVD and i think you have to hit F5 to install the ICH10 raid driver otherwise it wont detect the HDD... does that work? theres a pretty good guide in the Manual on how to set up raid iirc, does that help you?

Sry. Late post. The 3d performance works like a charm. Having a lil bit of issues oc'ing the ram though. Using 3 x 2gb stick 1600mhz and seems to not like going over 1500 on ram when using more then 160 Bclock. Tried 190 Bclock, 18x qpi, 8x - 10x muli on mem and 16x - 20x multi on uncore and still doesnt like it. I tried popping one of the sticks out and was able to post with higher mhz but still not close to stock 1600mhz. The vdimm is at 1.65v. Tried 1.85v but really was nervous about letting that sit. Another thing is board seems to like auto setting my timings to 8 8 8 19 timings while sticks are rated 9 9 9 24. Eh. No biggie but the fact I cant post over 1600mhz is irking me. I dont get it. I'll try upping the ram slowly using a 133 Bclock and see what I max out at.

I'm also having issues with oc'ing the core ghz but Bench can tell u about that lol. Think I have been pestering him about it in another forum. Its all good. I still like this board. Good job overall.

BenchZowner
01-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Tremble I'll give ya a working set later on that you can try ;)

Trembledust
01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Tremble I'll give ya a working set later on that you can try ;)

Thanks man. Much appreciated.:)

Trembledust
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Hmmm....im a jerk lol. Think my a** should of gotten 1333 or lower ram instead of 1600mhz. Would explain my oc issues with the ram. Duh. smh. Still would appreciate those settings when U get a chance, Bench. Thanks again.

BenchZowner
01-16-2009, 01:24 AM
@Trembledust:
The settings are posted here ;) (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3581812&postcount=57)

Trembledust
01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I'll try out the settings in a bit, and get back to you.

BenchZowner
01-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Sascha, it looks like the CAS Latency setting in the G13 BIOS is bugged and doesn't set the value right, at least at 5T.
I will try the rest later on more than likely.
It looks like it's setting the tCL to 6 instead of 5.
Here's a screenshot:

http://i43.tinypic.com/286v1ox.jpg

BenchZowner
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Sascha, it looks like the CAS Latency setting in the G13 BIOS is bugged and doesn't set the value right, at least at 5T.
I will try the rest later on more than likely.
It looks like it's setting the tCL to 6 instead of 5...

I did some further testing:

tCL = 5 in BIOS results in tCL 6
tCL = 6 in BIOS results in tCL 6 [ I have an idea, I'll check if going from 5 to 6 triggers the normal Save & Exit -> Shutdown -> Power On (POST) sequence as it should if it was actually changing the tCL setting ]
tCL = 7 in BIOS results in tCL 7
tCL = 8 in BIOS results in tCL 8
tCL = 9 ? Didn't test it, that's too slow for me :p: ( gonna try it tomorrow )

EnisDonKing
01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with G15 BIOS and cold boot? I'm unable to boot after shut down without additional restart (somehow it reminds on booting of P35 boards). I didn't experience this problem with P03 or G13.

Touge180SX
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I haven't but I am using G13 because it is more stable in my opinion than G15 and G16.

BenchZowner
01-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with G15 BIOS and cold boot? I'm unable to boot after shut down without additional restart (somehow it reminds on booting of P35 boards). I didn't experience this problem with P03 or G13.

You're probably getting that because of the Vtt bug or the Mem / UnCore multipliers issue.

Like I said before, ditch G15, and get back to G13 for now and wait for G17 or a newer BIOS without the Vtt bug and the rest.

tripgood
01-20-2009, 03:59 AM
Got an ETA on newer bios? I have a decent chip (3841Axxx) and good mem waiting on a good I/O sys. to compliment.

BenchZowner
01-20-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't have a specific date at the moment, but I'm almost 100% sure that we'll see a new BIOS release this week/end.

Trembledust
01-20-2009, 12:46 PM
@Trembledust:
The settings are posted here ;) (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3581812&postcount=57)

Still no go with a successful over clock with the settings you gave me. Check the below link.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211836&highlight=foxconn+bloodrage&page=3

jooney
02-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I don't have a specific date at the moment, but I'm almost 100% sure that we'll see a new BIOS release this week/end.

Where is a new Bios ? :(

BenchZowner
02-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Where is a new Bios ? :(

I don't have any BIOS newer than G16 yet.
Might have one tomorrow ( that depends on my contact in Foxconn, I'm not working there you know )

the_mup
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing somthing wrong, its a real issue, or if it hasn't been mentioned. I can't seem to boot to my SATA drive, regardless of if its on jmicron or intel southbridge. I had to use PATA to install windows. I also have two seperate RAID 0 on the south bridge.

tripgood
02-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I don't have any BIOS newer than G16 yet.
Might have one tomorrow ( that depends on my contact in Foxconn, I'm not working there you know )

I don't mind testing:up:. Let's see that new bios!

tripgood
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Just received my Corsair 3x2 GT kit and installed in BloodRage. Set 7-8-7-20 mem timings in bios. 200 bclk, mem at 2005Mhz. Board WILL NOT RUN cas 7. It shows as cas 8 in cpuz, Everest and memset. When will the memory timing issues in BloodRage bios work the way they are supposed to? Running 1.66v dram and 1.46 vtt. Board will not cold boot with vtt>1.5. This kit runs insane on my DFI. FoxConn needs to catch up.

inzaghi75
02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Just received my Corsair 3x2 GT kit and installed in BloodRage. Set 7-8-7-20 mem timings in bios. 200 bclk, mem at 2005Mhz. Board WILL NOT RUN cas 7. It shows as cas 8 in cpuz, Everest and memset. When will the memory timing issues in BloodRage bios work the way they are supposed to? Running 1.66v dram and 1.46 vtt. Board will not cold boot with vtt>1.5. This kit runs insane on my DFI. FoxConn needs to catch up.

I think, it´s a Bios bug.

BenchZowner
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
CAS 7 works fine for me with the G13 BIOS at least.
Perhaps one of your settings is not stable enough and the BIOS reverts to the most recent stable setting/s.

tripgood
02-09-2009, 01:25 AM
CAS 7 works fine for me with the G13 BIOS at least.
Perhaps one of your settings is not stable enough and the BIOS reverts to the most recent stable setting/s.

I don't think so. The board never goes to oc recovery. It boots normally but the cas gets changed to 8 from 7. Seems to be exact same bug as the tRAS setting getting changed, just a different setting. I tried G16 also. Same result.

saaya
02-10-2009, 01:37 AM
good to hear! :toast:

about PPM, im not sure if disabling it disables the current monitoring, i dont think so.
when i asked intels nehalem engineers at idf they said its not possible to disable the current and tdp monitoring :/

tribal73
02-10-2009, 07:31 AM

Any thing new on this Ram on BloodRage? Are G.SKILL DDR3 PC 16000 CL7 3GB/6GB kit Perfect Storm series a good match for BloodRage .Seems like its a no go for me to buy the Corsair ram..:(

BenchZowner
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
They are working fine at CAS 7 now ;)

systemviper
02-12-2009, 05:50 PM
where's G17?

BenchZowner
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Skipped :p:

Touge180SX
02-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Skipped :p:

Must have been really bad! :p:

saaya
02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
G18 too :D
well not realy bad, just not worth to release if A is fixed but somehow B is broken... :D

good to hear cas7 is working fine now :)

OverClocker_gr
02-17-2009, 07:53 AM
With tha latest i can set my ram timmings just perfect :)

but the annoying thing with RAID enabled and cant boot from sata dvd-rom is still there.

Anything about that?
For me its a major problem.

With PATA dvd-rom i can boot just fine.

Maybe the problem is that the bios sets the dvd-rom as achi

rwoodburn1
02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I finally got my account working.Looks like an awesome place to share in the fun.I got the g19 bios .Thanks saaya.The only issue I am having is a slow cold boot.My system powers on and fans start to spin then it stops,spins up again then boots.This happens with or without overclocking.System runs perfect after it boots up.On bios g16 I dont have this issue.My rev no is 1.0.One more thing same issue when I swap psu for Toughpower 1200.This is gonna be a great board.I have allready gotten a stable clock of 4.4ghz and semi stable at 4.5.

dengyong
02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I finally got my account working.Looks like an awesome place to share in the fun.I got the g19 bios .Thanks saaya.The only issue I am having is a slow cold boot.My system powers on and fans start to spin then it stops,spins up again then boots.This happens with or without overclocking.System runs perfect after it boots up.On bios g16 I dont have this issue.My rev no is 1.0.One more thing same issue when I swap psu for Toughpower 1200.This is gonna be a great board.I have allready gotten a stable clock of 4.4ghz and semi stable at 4.5.

I get that on G13 as well. :welcome:

saaya
02-19-2009, 01:09 AM

but the annoying thing with RAID enabled and cant boot from sata dvd-rom is still there.

Anything about that?

is it the same for using the marvell and the ich10 sata connectors?
just use the other sata slots and try.
for us it works fine, we can boot from vista dvd on a sata optical drive in raid mode and install vista on a raid array... :shrug:

damn thats nice! :D

I get that on G13 as well. :welcome:

about the cold boot psu thing, that might be a small psu compatibility problem, the voltages go up too slow at first boot and the caps need to load first. warmboots work fine, right?

ill add a note to the psu compatibility list

BenchZowner
02-19-2009, 02:09 AM
for us it works fine, we can boot from vista dvd on a sata optical drive in raid mode and install vista on a raid array... :shrug:

I have faced that issue as well on G13.
I had a RAID 0 array consisting of 3 Samsung F1 1TB drives and a Optiarc 7191S SATA Optical Drive ( all on the Intel ICH10R ).
It worked fine just like that, booting from the optical drive, installing Windows, etc.

When I plugged in another F1 1TB disk ( single drive, not added to the RAID array ) I couldn't boot from the optical drive just like OverClocker_gr.
I unplugged the 4th F1 1TB and it booted fine from the optical drive and then I hot-plugged the 4th HDD :p:

Can't tell what exactly causes this issue, at least not yet.

saaya
02-19-2009, 03:03 AM
hmmm could you please check wich sata slots you are using bill and oc_gr?
i have a feeling it might have to do with the sata slots your using, some may work and some may cause problems when raid is active.
i remember there was something like this on nvidia chipsets, some sata ports could only work in ahci mode or something...
does anybody else remember that?

BenchZowner
02-19-2009, 03:15 AM
I tried plugging the 4th HDD and the optiarc on all 3 remaining ports back then if I recall correctly, with the same outcome ( couldn't boot from the optical drive without removing the 4th Samsung F1 1TB ).
I will try that again later on just to make sure.

OverClocker_gr
02-19-2009, 03:53 AM

This was the key point.

I find what was causing that.

If i put first the raid(i.e slots 1/2) and the dvd rom(3-6), its unable to boot.

If i put first the dvd rom(slot 1) and then the raid(2/3,3/4....), it boots from dvd rom.

Although this is still not right.

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Anything about that?

You're not alone OverClocker, I am having the same extensive problems you are beyond what Touge and BenchZ had.
I have taken many crazy mad steps and the room is just spinning. I have been at this for days.

I am going to try moving the ports around like Saaya suggests and you have found a little relief doing, but it is truly last ditch effort.

I am trying to stripe 2 velociraptors, but not for the OS. I am putting the OS on an OCZ Apex and it doesn't matter if I try to install on Apex or unplug it and install on velociraptors. AHCI worked fine in the past loading the OS on a single velociraptor, but of course for SSD, it is a no go. Everything works find in IDE.

I have followed every other posted step and a few of my own creations that have got me close, but no cheerleader. I have never had to dance like this for raid.

If port swapping doesn't work, I may just tell everyone everything I tried.

Oh ya, P03 and G13.

UPDATE to POST: Port swapping worked. I have to have the optical in the first physical SATA port while in RAID mode or I will never be able to boot from the optical drive.

xXlAinXx
02-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Hello RayderR6 and OverClocker_gr
This one seems ODD but do u both Set:

Over Integrated Peripherals > OnChip IDE Device

SATA Mode = RAID
OnBoard IDE and eSata Chip = AHCI + IDE Mode

If not, do it and check too uor Removable/CD-ROM Boot Device Priority on Advanced BIOS Features.

Best regards

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Hello RayderR6 and OverClocker_gr
This one seems ODD but do u both Set:

Over Integrated Peripherals > OnChip IDE Device

SATA Mode = RAID
OnBoard IDE and eSata Chip = AHCI + IDE Mode

If not, do it and check too uor Removable/CD-ROM Boot Device Priority on Advanced BIOS Features.

Best regards

Hello xX1AinXx, I'm using G13 today.

UPDATE and Edited Original POST: I can confirm on my system if I set the Jmicron IDE and eSata to RAID+IDE or AHCI+IDE, the following errors occur (these do not happen if set to IDE or Disabled).

1) During post there will be 2 repeat lines which are a brighter white and sit on top of normal post text stating "WARNING: Have Option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID: 197Bh, Device ID: 2363h)"

2) When I get to the point of a Vista installation where you select the HDD to install on, the following 2 errors occur and it doesn't matter if it's raid volume or ssd or even if the ssd is hooked up (i.e. raid volume platters only):
A) "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."
B) "This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."

It has occured to me that Jmicron drivers need to be installed, but I'm not sure as I did not try (ICH10R x64 drivers didn't make a difference). If the Jmicron drivers needed to be installed then this isn't the way I want to go anyway.

With the Jmicron in IDE or Disabled, my ICH10R volumes worked just fine after Vista was loaded anyway, so I didn't spend anymore time with this.

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Moderator, please delete this post. Thank you

xXlAinXx
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Well then, my mistake! I pointed to the manual, please follow these photo.

Quick Raid Setup

Requirements:

One already Active RAID Array. ( CTRL-I at boot Time, for enter on Intel Storage Manager Configuration ROM )
If uor target is installing uor Main OS on this newly created Array, then u need some spare time to fresh install our OS. - see *

Note * U cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI, even some time APIC Mode once u installed uor OS.
Note2 * Some SSD will wont work if AHCI is enable see uor SSD Manufacturer FAQ.
Note3 * Check on uor Manufacturer device FAQ if uor peripheral are able to support AHCI otherwise use IDE.

1- Move on Integrated Peripherals.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p1fKJKYb6UkrKh5ait2MI_N7WiDLpYiJbZvw62oeRgx13xOS lhxJeWK-Nc5x6AsB7XDMxFu8dMAk/1%20-%20Integrated%20Peripheral.jpg

2 - Select OnChip IDE Device.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pZld5BBeu8iodRCiEqDNbItDLW1r8bl43iMunQzejmNr8OMl WcZpO2Y0tSYRlm_qyDWZ61TjmOLk/2%20-%20OnChip%20IDE%20device.jpg

3 - Leave those setting in:

Intel ICH10 SATA Mode = RAID
Jmicron 363 PATA and eSATA = AHCI + IDE Mode

(if u dont mind to using SAS - Disable it as well )

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p5WZX_TH9uCqJdTbpkEbrOUpzf8Slqb8Ta-4XYj54nJMnERLObDi79YQfvGtFmmXFpe7q7lrpv8A/3%20-%20RAID%20AHCI%20IDE.jpg

4 - Now, move to Boot Setting Configuration.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p5WZX_TH9uCpm2Rz18sPOyp3wJRu_vIyqNeeikBzo0Rf2DsG Ktx_8Te9geGNwdwImx8mrzEN9H1U/4%20-%20Boot%20Setting%20Configuration.jpg

5 - As follow open AHCI Configuration.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1piZO1K-eESSleFAxCdgU-In5AWrB6amBDxdxWTuoZTIXaE0C0XlvOb9k-Ep1eYeVZHP3jJ34jpiw/5%20-%20AHCI%20Configuration.jpg

6 - Make uor Setting in:

Stagger Spinup Support = Disable
Mechanical Presence Switch = Disable
Hotplug capable port = Enable
Cold Presence Detection = Disable

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pqWeCga2FbqH6rtMVzbud02nAPXCEOUCKp4TEgewQnUORUKt 5cXSreO9VqLdkogNqrrFgQNiH8eM8jjon8o4XBQ/6%20-%20AHCI%20Setting.jpg

7 - Go for HDD Boot Priority.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pXTg-hdM10DdaGWPk_1zIxDCo7TAJY3nrj7ewlXsvaL_hJICKfdDnDW k5Ga4gaHtIDZn2Z9hAF4URI_uYlXHXsQ/7%20-%20HDD%20Boot%20Priority.jpg

8 - Double check uor Primary Boot Device.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFeiOj4qaySslr3QcFYOg0fUE5TZgafYhSj9UIOGOgxx8WoS-tkf3h_U3HP-0y_GZvKzFgCdwureu2yLSDxSq8A/8%20-%20HDD%20Boot%20Setting.jpg

9 - Move on CD-ROM Boot Priority.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1plLz-rb3wB9MgEy8noZ0Nf7AWV9wcJ6q37S3gxL7XHQ2-5upiF0MI4owRlPbqOV8cGWQfhUML99CcL_Mhh-SLLA/9%20-%20CD-ROM%20Boot%20Priority.jpg

10 - Select uor CD-ROM Boot Device.

http://wiyjqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1phTrYwMNuU0gVMqu_W5bftXuZ1UMNvwcQRKY5QBbVIg5Qs3D 1cHbGtTOm7s3XXhXDVrvdRxTpQXSb6tEW81jLkA/10%20%20-%20CD-ROM%20Boot%20Setting.jpg

11 - Save and Exit.

12 - Let us know if u got it working :yepp:

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Roger all that Room 101 xXIAinXx.
#6 stuff was Room 102 to me, but that is how it is setup when I run it.
Thanks for being thorough with you advice.

UPDATE to POST: see post #138

tripgood
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
xXlAinXx,
Very clear raid guide. Nice work:up:

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Moderator, please delete this post. Thank you

xXlAinXx
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Hmm, I cannot test out SSD SATA right now, all I have is a 9in1 reader ( USB ) and spare SSD from the cam :rofl:
By the way, u should try G19a and and see if it might fix some SSD compatibily issue BenchZowner Repository (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/Beta/).
Edit* As Saaya said, u cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI even APIC Mode once u installed uor OS.
Take a look over there (http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=326656&postcount=3) too and check uor PM.

xXlAinXx
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
xXlAinXx,
Very clear raid guide. Nice work:up:

:cat:

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Hmm, I cannot test out SSD SATA right now, all I have is a 9in1 reader ( USB ) and spare SSD from the cam :rofl:
By the way, u should try G19a and and see if it might fix some SSD compatibily issue BenchZowner Repository (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/Beta/).
Take a look over there (http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=326656&postcount=3) too and check uor PM.

Big thanks for the G19a link, Bench must be working hard :D

Trust me, I've been all over the OCZ forum and I'm very up to date on setup and ssd tweaks, but like I said in the PM I just sent and a previous post, I have taken the SSD out of the raid setup equation many times, we can't get locked into thinking my raid issue is ssd related only. I'll update this thread and if my issue gets resolved, I can trim it all down to the solution.

The reason I started posting on this thread is OverClocker was still feeling my pain. While others have cleared their hurdles, he and I are still stumbling. Hopefully we can both resolve this, but if it comes down to all options exhausted, I'll just stay in IDE or maybe try a hardware card.

Thanks

RayderR6
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Edit* As Saaya said, u cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI even APIC Mode one u installed uor OS

Fair enough, and at no time did I really expect it to, I only figured that was the reason for the BSOD. The system ignored my vista boot dvd when I wanted to load a fresh install, instead it started loading an installed windows (i.e. the one that was on the SSD under IDE mode), but since I am now under RAID mode, presto BSOD.

When going into raid mode, I always expected and planned on installing a fresh vista, but I would either get Disk Boot Failure, blah, blah or it would just skip/ignore my boot from dvd rom first and start loading the IDE vista off the SSD.

I remember now I actually confirmed the behavior (at least in my mind) that it was ignoring the dvd boot, by formatting the ssd and then after the pool data I would get BootMgr missing since this time there was no vista on a hdd. Got this without the ssd when it checked the first hdd where no os was loaded.

The problems I am having (in RAID mode) are getting the vista dvd to boot or when I have been able to do that, getting the vista installed without a installation ending error. It doesn't matter if it's just 2 velociraptors and a dvd-rom or any bigger combination than that.

Before it's suggested, I have tried different dvd-roms.

The next step is back to 2 velociraptors and dvd-rom only with the dvd-rom in port 1, if the dvd fails to boot or if it does boot and the installation fails, then I can honestly say I've tried everything in the book and can only hope it can be resolved by a BIOS update.

UPDATE to POST: DVD-ROM in SATA port 1 before any HDD's was the cure for my installation issues in RAID mode.

RayderR6
02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Good News, for the most part. When I get to work tonight, I will self moderate previous posts so people eyes don't bleed too much reading useless text :D , I will also discuss what I feel (as a user level guy) might be a BIOS/SSD problem in RAID mode with pics of BIOS.

I can load vista on a 2 velociraptor RAID with DVD-rom only (likely would work with my backup drive also since it spins), the absolute sole difference between my couple attempts in the past (with no ssd) and this time is the dvd-rom was in sata port 1 and not after the velociraptors. If I had thought of or read that early enough, I could have saved about 15 installation attempts and about 5 image restores :p:. I loaded the vista and did all the driver and utilities I would want off the bloodrage dvd, but didn't go any farther with that installation. All was working well though.

xXlAinXx, for me the Jmicron IDE and eSata has to be IDE or disabled and I will explain that tonight also. UPDATE: Please see post #138

My 2 error free choices right now are 1) stripe vista on 2 Vr's with no SSD (or at least not using the SSD effectively for cost) or 2) vista on SSD and run in IDE (currently what I'm doing now)

A non-error free, but workable (not liked) solution is load vista on SSD in RAID mode and have 2 Vr's striped for data (which is the configuration I want), but here's the kicker, I have to leave the vista dvd in the optical drive and have the optical as first boot device. Wierd, I know, but it is the only acceptable way it will boot without a BootMgr missing error. Yes, by saying "acceptable", there was another way, but Billy boy Gates wouldn't like it :ROTF:

Full details tonight. Thanks.

BenchZowner
02-20-2009, 10:33 AM
New "stable" ( P series ) BIOS from Foxconn.
Click here to download the P04 BIOS for the Foxconn BloodRage (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/BloodRageP04.rar)

ilsant0
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
A non-error free, but workable (not liked) solution is load vista on SSD in RAID mode and have 2 Vr's striped for data (which is the configuration I want), but here's the kicker, I have to leave the vista dvd in the optical drive and have the optical as first boot device. Wierd, I know, but it is the only acceptable way it will boot without a BootMgr missing error. Yes, by saying "acceptable", there was another way, but Billy boy Gates wouldn't like it :ROTF:

Full details tonight. Thanks.

I had solved in this way:
into bios set as RAID
I plugged ssd g.skill on port sata0
I plugged dvd / cdrom on port sata5
i have installed vista (but works also XP) and then i have installed the "Intel RAID Driver" in OS, then i connected to port SATA1 and SATA2 my two Velociraptors ....
So does everything works.

Now instead I have two raid's:
one) sata0 and sata1 (two ssd g.skill)
two) sata2 and sata3 (two velociraptor) :D
and on sata5 my dvd / cdrom.....only problem that I can not boot directly from the dvd / cdrom!

New "stable" ( P series ) BIOS from Foxconn.
Click here to download the P04 BIOS for the Foxconn BloodRage (http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/BIOS/Motherboards/Foxconn/BloodRage/BloodRageP04.rar)
omg
are afraid that this bios does not go well.
I have the g13 and it should be fine. you advice me to change it?
What improvements are there?

BenchZowner
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I have the g13 and it should be fine. you advice me to change it?
What improvements are there?

I haven't tested the new BIOS ( P04 ) yet, so I can't tell.
G13 is good, actually the best BIOS at the moment, unless P04 proves to be better.
We shall find out soon.

The P04 contains some improvements that can help in stabilizing our systems at high BCLKs and improved memory kits compatibility.

RayderR6
02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
sata0 and sata1 (two ssd g.skill)
two) sata2 and sata3 (two velociraptor) :D
and on sata5 my dvd / cdrom.....only problem that I can not boot directly from the dvd / cdrom

Indeed, I can see how that all went and why now you can't boot from cd-rom. 2 SSD's would put you past my config, but I can see it all clearly.

Testing on my rig, you can't boot from your cd-rom (in RAID mode) because it is not first on your sata ports. I can honestly say for my rig, if the cd-rom is not before the hdd's (ssd or platters), the BIOS will ignore the fact that I have 1st boot device cd-rom (even if I make all 3 boots the cd or use smart menu to boot cd), instead it seems to address the physical port order. Changing hdd boot order, BIOS does follow that. Of course, I can't set my ports up to where I can't use the cd-rom boot, somewhere down the line, one is going to need that.

Riddle me this though, when your BIOS is loading, the menu just before the Intel Storage Manager displays, when they list your sata port devices, do you see a "Reset Port Error!!" for your SSD's or do they display the "G.Skill..." the same way you see it in the Intel Storage Manager?

I will have pics up in a few hours.

RayderR6
02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3245/brbiosa.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brbiosa.jpg)http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4638/brbiosb.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brbiosb.jpg)

I might have found a BIOS issue with an OCZ Apex SSD and the Bloodrage (I am eagerly awaiting ilsant0’s reply on his G.Skills), it could be an Apex issue or a ICH10R issue. I am using G13 and in RAID mode.

Don’t sweat that my post text it a little off screen to the left, this happens when I use the svga pc port on my LCD TV, if I used HDMI, it would be centered.

The first pic is part of the bios boot to come up before the Intel Storage Manager. The first 2 lines appear and about a second later it will list your sata port devices. Normally that list will zip by, but there is a 2 second delay trying to read port 3 where my Apex SSD is so it is easy at this point to hit Pause/Break and take the pic.
What is going to happen next is the port 3 read will be “Reset Port Error!!” instead of “OCZ Apex_SSD” like it reads everywhere else in either RAID or IDE mode. Once this error displays, it and the next line will zip by (I have not been able to hit the Pause/Break just right to get the pic because it zips by too fast, but that is what it says) and goes into Intel Storage Manager (pic 2) and you can see that it recognizes the Apex.

Now before I added the Apex, you may have read that I resolved my RAID installation issue (IDE installation has always worked well) with the port placement of the optical rom and confirmed everything was fine to install Vista x64 on a RAID volume and loaded bloodrage drivers and utilities. I was so happy to see things working the way it should now, that I left the volume installation alone and set out to install on the SSD while I still had the raid volume installation intact. Here is where the pics come into play.

The vista installation went just fine on the SSD and it reboots 3 times like usual to complete installation, but keep in mind my optical is set to first boot device. I did see the “Reset Port Error!!”, but didn’t think much of it as things were going fine. Now vista is done and I put the bloodrage DVD in to install chipset drivers on the SSD installation and reboot and I get a BootMgr missing when loading windows.

I now have a dual OS boot system menu as one might expect.

Key points: My SSD is first HDD boot priority and the Vista DVD is no longer in the optical. I change the HDD boot priority to raid volume first then SSD and I get my dual OS boot menu again and the first is still the SSD install, so I select it and I’m in the SSD installation. I put the vista DVD back in the optical, restart and put the SSD back to first in HDD priority and I get my dual OS boot screen again.

The obvious facts are it can’t boot from the SSD itself, it either has to have A) the vista dvd in the optical and have optical as first boot priority or B) it has to boot from the raid volume installation (by making it first HDD boot priority) and when doing this I don’t have to have the optical in first system boot priority. This was what I meant by Billy Gates wouldn’t like, I actually have to have vista loaded twice just to get the SSD to boot. Either solution is unacceptable for a configuration of course.

To dispell any possiblity of it being a installation on a single drive while a raid volume is just a data drive with the ICH10R, I did throw in another platter and installed vista on it. It all went just fine and no errors.

I think the whole BootMgr missing when using the SSD as first HDD and having the HDD as first system boot priority could be traced to the “Reset Port Error!!” , but it could be an OCZ Apex or any SSD issue as a boot drive on a ICH10R or X58 chipset config while in RAID mode. I plan on opening a thread at OCZ to talk to Tony about it in hopes to narrow down the problem.

To help me figure this out, I would love to hear from anybody who has a SSD (1 or more) as a boot drive in RAID mode (on bloodrage of course) chime in with how the first pic menu states their SSD, what SSD you’re using, BIOS version, physical sata port configurations and any other info you deem important. Thanks.

If any of the Bloodrage BIOS engineers (Saaya, BenchZowner) can read my post and have any thoughts about this “Reset Port Error!!”, I would appreciate. I have my sata cables arranged in such a way that I can easily get this setup going again and still return easily to my IDE (i.e. I can be the gunniea pig for this issues resolution).

I've got P03, P04, G13, G15, G16 and G19a. I will likely check out P04, but have no intention on any other G's unless there is a need (SSD issue?) or an advantage. I'm a little gunshy on BIOS updates that way.

Thanks.

ilsant0
02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3245/brbiosa.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brbiosa.jpg)http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4638/brbiosb.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brbiosb.jpg)

I might have found a BIOS issue with an OCZ Apex SSD and the Bloodrage (I am eagerly awaiting ilsant0’s reply on his G.Skills), it could be an Apex issue or a ICH10R issue. I am using G13 and in RAID mode.

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay
i can confirm only a few things...

first:
when i use this config ( 2xg.skill in raid on sata0 and sata1 - 2x VR on sata2 and 3 - dvd/cd on sata4 and in bios set to raid), I CANT SEE nothing on bios bootstrap BEFORE of the "Intel Storage Manager displays". Its all very fast and so i must hit the pause key only when i ear the "beep". But, in this case, i get this shoot:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6308/snc00076.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snc00076.jpg)

strangely pressing pause key it interprets as a overclocking problem, so i must go into bios and save the bios through the F10 key and reboot the sistem, otherwise i cant boot .... is it another bios bug ?

second:
when i had only a ssd g.skill and i had the installation problem of Os's (vista and XP such as bootmngr missing or the other one error)... simply i changed into bios the set from ide to raid, using OLNY ONE ssd as boot disk and the installation of vista/xp continued

third:
I also think that there is a bug in bios about the priority of boot

Finally, do you want me try to put the dvd on the port sata0/first?

sorry for my poor english, but im a lawyer and the hardware is from only my 20 years old hobby
:D

p.s.
my bios is g13 and using raid mode into bios actually

xXlAinXx
02-21-2009, 11:42 PM
For keep better reliability I would suggest to open/move those hijacking SSD issue to another fresh thread :p:

RayderR6
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM
For keep better reliability I would suggest to open/move those hijacking SSD issue to another fresh thread :p:

What engrish, are you buzzed :D

What if my SSD issue is a bloodrage bios bug? Then wouldn't I be in the right thread :p: , this is what I'm trying to determine and since within the post/bios run, I clearly have an error calling itself an error "Reset Port Error!!", I'm leaning toward this. If it turns out not to be a bios error, then I can move it or any moderator that feels it's wrong can move it. Thanks.

xXlAinXx
02-22-2009, 12:08 AM
What engrish, are you buzzed :D

What if my SSD issue is a bloodrage bios bug? Then wouldn't I be in the right thread :p: , this is what I'm trying to determine and since within the post/bios run, I clearly have an error calling itself an error "Reset Port Error!!", I'm leaning toward this. If it turns out not to be a bios error, then I can move it or any moderator that feels it's wrong can move it. Thanks.

Lol Im on afterhours, and I need to keep myself awake :rofl:
U right, but before reporting u must be sure this error is not only one invalid parameter from the bios < > SSD managment setting :p:
anyway I might need some rest :D

Edit* See the Reset Port Error!! on 1.5 Tera Drive was caused by the bad firmware XDDD

RayderR6
02-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Sorry for the delay
i can confirm only a few things...

first:
when i use this config ( 2xg.skill in raid on sata0 and sata1 - 2x VR on sata2 and 3 - dvd/cd on sata4 and in bios set to raid), I CANT SEE nothing on bios bootstrap BEFORE of the "Intel Storage Manager displays". Its all very fast and so i must hit the pause key only when i ear the "beep". But, in this case, i get this shoot:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6308/snc00076.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snc00076.jpg)

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, that's the menu and it does zip by on mine except the fact that it takes a couple seconds before displaying the "Reset Port Error!!" before zipping the rest by. Here is a photoshopped image of how it would look:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/652/brbiosashopped.th.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brbiosashopped.jpg)
However, I see your G.Skills are displaying properly with no error like mine. Might have to shift some focus to the Apex for the problem. Just to be sure, down below you're telling me you're using the ICH10R and not a hardware card, right?

strangely pressing pause key it interprets as a overclocking problem, so i must go into bios and save the bios through the F10 key and reboot the sistem, otherwise i cant boot .... is it another bios bug ?

Sorry, I wouldn't know, never had an OC Recovery Occur, but that sure would be a funny time and a unusual ignition (i.e. pause/break button)

second:
when i had only a ssd g.skill and i had the installation problem of Os's (vista and XP such as bootmngr missing or the other one error)... simply i changed into bios the set from ide to raid, using OLNY ONE ssd as boot disk and the installation of vista/xp continued

:confused2 Are you saying when you only had 1 SSD, that you were installing the OS under IDE mode, then just switched BIOS to RAID mode and it still worked? I have a vista installed on the Apex under IDE and if try to boot from it in RAID mode, I get a BSOD while loading windows files. Anyhoo, getting off track.

third:
I also think that there is a bug in bios about the priority of boot

Finally, do you want me try to put the dvd on the port sata0/first?

No, that's ok, it works for you and if you are currently unable to load a boot disk from your optical as you said, then I know why as it is the same reason as it would be on my machine.
I'm going to try another clean attempt at my desired configuration on Monday and see if I'm still getting this "Reset Port Error!!".

sorry for my poor english, but im a lawyer and the hardware is from only my 20 years old hobby
:D

p.s.
my bios is g13 and using raid mode into bios actually

:up: Your english is just fine, better than xXIAinXx right now, but he may be typing drunk :rofl:

RayderR6
02-22-2009, 12:36 AM
U right, but before reporting u must be sure this error is not only one invalid parameter from the bios < > SSD managment setting :p:

Oh come on, give an average user a break, this is like having to have a credit card before you can get a credit card. I've done a lot of work on my own, had some thoughts, trying to gather more information from people using the same hardware, asking some pros for opinions, all starting with my first take and taking it from there.

Edit* See the Reset Port Error!! on 1.5 Tera Drive was caused by the bad firmware XDDD

Ahaa, I see you're onto something here and not a bad memory for being drunk :ROTF: , but funny how I don't get any errors in IDE mode. Could just be the SSD in RAID mode. Still could be a few things IMO.

Since ilsant0s G.Skills are displaying fine, I was starting to shift attention to Apex problem and this could be another piece to take it there.

I am going to do some research on that and maybe hit up Tony at OCZ if I need to. I've already read some posts over there about different firmware versions on the Apex. If it is an Apex problem, I will remove all the SSD stuff from this thread and leave only the fact that ICH RAID for me only completes installation with optical in first port. Seems like a lot of posts in this thread are related to RAID.

Thanks, now go get a cup of coffee.

rwoodburn1
02-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Tried out the p04.I took a big performance hit.Using my same overclock.Cpuz also reported lower cpu clocks that were set in bios.My cold boot issues got worse also.I had to push my power button every time to do a cold boot even though I had it set for power on after power failure .For me g19 is the best performer and g16 solves my cold boot issues.I wish I could combine the 2.

ilsant0
02-22-2009, 05:00 AM
:confused2 Are you saying when you only had 1 SSD, that you were installing the OS under IDE mode, then just switched BIOS to RAID mode and it still worked? I have a vista installed on the Apex under IDE and if try to boot from it in RAID mode, I get a BSOD while loading windows files. Anyhoo, getting off track.
Yes!... i confirm that.

This was my only big installation iussue. In bios I setted as IDE but on first OS reboot i toke this error (bootmgr is missing = vista 64 - and for XP another strange error...). To resolve this iussue i changed ONLY the setting into bios from IDE to RAID and the installation ended.... i think that it is a ssd firmware bug.
You can do this test: connect only sata0 = optical drive and sata1 Apex. In bios set on IDE and then install Vista 64. When vista installation reboot for first time and you get the bootmgr error, go in bios and set to RAID. In the next restart youll see to continue the vista installation without error :) test it!
If your installation end without vista installation error, please set on sata0 your apex and on sata4 your optical driver (this is mine condition in which i take vista installation error...
At this point i don know if it is a Bloodrage bios iussue or a ssd firmware bug.

No, that's ok, it works for you and if you are currently unable to load a boot disk from your optical as you said, then I know why as it is the same reason as it would be on my machine.
I'm going to try another clean attempt at my desired configuration on Monday and see if I'm still getting this "Reset Port Error!!".

i thing the only difference between mine and your sistem is the dvd/cd's sata port.
I have it on sata 4 while you have it on sata0.
So today ill change my dvd sata port into sata0
ill set in this mode:
sata0 = dvd/cd
sata1= nothing
sata2/3= ssd g.skill (in raid)
sata4/5= VR (in raid)

:up: Your english is just fine, better than xXIAinXx right now, but he may be typing drunk :rofl:

LOL :D :ROTF:

BenchZowner
02-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Yes!... i confirm that.

This was my only big installation iussue. In bios I setted as IDE but on first OS reboot i toke this error (bootmgr is missing = vista 64 - and for XP another strange error...). To resolve this iussue i changed ONLY the setting into bios from IDE to RAID and the installation ended.... i think that it is a ssd firmware bug.
You can do this test: connect only sata0 = optical drive and sata1 Apex. In bios set on IDE and then install Vista 64. When vista installation reboot for first time and you get the bootmgr error, go in bios and set to RAID. In the next restart youll see to continue the vista installation without error :) test it!
At this point i don know if it is a Bloodrage bios iussue or a ssd firmware bug.

That's not a bug and has nothing to do with the BloodRage.

When you set the Intel ICH10R SATA-RAID Controller to AHCI or RAID mode you NEED to give the Windows installation the drivers in order to be able to use the ICH10R.
You can do that by pressing F4 and inserting a floppy (LOL) disk with the Intel ICH10R drivers, or in vista browse to the ICH10R TXT-Mode drivers on any kind of media ( FDD,CD,DVD,USB Flash Disk Drive )... or even better integrate the ICH10R drivers to your Windows installation disk with nLite.

ilsant0
02-22-2009, 05:43 AM
[snip]

... or even better integrate the ICH10R drivers to your Windows installation disk with nLite.

Sorry BenchZowner,
i have forgott to explain that i always use a XP disk with ICH10R drivers integrate with nlite :)
But nevertheless it, i take the installation error.
Howheaver, i had the error in *IDE MODE*, not in RAID mode.

For example now i have this configuration

sata0 = optical driver (tnx RayderR6!!! :up: it work well and on bootstrap finally i can see the dvd achpi call for first! :clap: )
sata1 = nothing
sata2/sata3= ssd g.skill on raid
sata4/sata5= Velociraptor on raid

Ill try to install VISTA 64

im sure that if i try to install XP/Vista on sata2 or sata3 (g.skill ssd) in IDE MODE from bios, ILL TAKE the error (obviously using the disk with driver ich10r patched using nlite...)

RayderR6
02-22-2009, 07:16 AM
sata0 = optical driver (tnx RayderR6!!! :up: it work well and on bootstrap finally i can see the dvd achpi call for first! :clap: )
sata1 = nothing
sata2/sata3= ssd g.skill on raid
sata4/sata5= Velociraptor on raid

Ill try to install VISTA 64

Yes, based on saayas suggestion to swap ports around, I found having the optical on first, then all HDD's after solved my OS install problem in RAID. I feel this is well documented within this thread now, once/if I find that my SSD issue is not BIOS related, you and I will have to clean up our posts here :up:

See, you chime in to help and get helped, now you can boot from a disc ;)

You won't need to load any RAID drivers for Vista 64, it will go butter smooth.

ilsant0
02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, based on saayas suggestion to swap ports around, I found having the optical on first, then all HDD's after solved my OS install problem in RAID. I feel this is well documented within this thread now, once/if I find that my SSD issue is not BIOS related, you and I will have to clean up our posts here :up:

See, you chime in to help and get helped, now you can boot from a disc ;)

You won't need to load any RAID drivers for Vista 64, it will go butter smooth.

ok...when you post for clean ill clean my reply too...
installing vista 64! :D

dengyong
02-22-2009, 07:56 AM
I have a gskill titan on port 3 that gives the reset port error.

It works in windows but I see a reset port error at boot, only on this drive.

I have 2x ocz V2s in raid 0 on ports 1 and 2, the titan on port 3, a seagate 7200.9 on port 4, and 2x dvd drives on ports 5 and 6.

RayderR6
02-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I have a gskill titan on port 3 that gives the reset port error.

It works in windows but I see a reset port error at boot, only on this drive.

I have 2x ocz V2s in raid 0 on ports 1 and 2, the titan on port 3, a seagate 7200.9 on port 4, and 2x dvd drives on ports 5 and 6.

Information is really coming together now, thanks for posting dengyong. I take it you don't have any issues booting from optical even though they are after the HDD's?

So on an ICH10R we have:
OK: 1 set G.Skill RAID Disks
OK: 1 set OCZ V2's RAID Disks

Reset Port Error!! 1 OCZ Apex Non-RAID Disk
Reset Port Error!! 1 G.Skill Titan Non-RAID Disk

The Titan and Apex are similar internal with the 2 Jmicron controllers striped on a 309, possible importance. While I was running my RAID volume OS, I could use the Apex as a storage (even though it had the Reset Port Error!!), just like you can dengyong, but that is what I meant by inefficient use $/GB, at least for my wallet :yepp:.

If it's a pita, I understand, but is it possible for you to install vista on the Titan, make it first boot in HDD list, after complete OS install take out the vista dvd and tell me if you get a BootMgr missing?

I'm not getting much googling this error, funny enough, the best refers to this thread. I am trying to expand it to other X58 mobos now and if I get one, I can get this going on it's own thread as it wouldn't be a Bloodrage BIOS bug, but still might be fixed with a BIOS update.

Thanks ppl.

dengyong
02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I've done some more testing and the gskill titan give the reset port error on every port I put it on (4 other ports).
The drive works fine other than that and the other drives worked fine on the same ports without giving an error.
Bios g13 and p04.

RayderR6
02-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I've done some more testing and the gskill titan give the reset port error on every port I put it on (4 other ports).
The drive works fine other than that and the other drives worked fine on the same ports without giving an error.
Bios g13 and p04.

I got a dollar that says if you: (Warning: if you do this, you might have some cleaning up of a dual boot OS to go back to your original config, VistaBootPro is a great little tool to clean this stuff up, but if you don't want to deal with any of it, don't try anything below, thanks)

1) move the Titan to first boot in HDD list
2) install vista on the Titan (you'll have a dual boot OS now with your Raided OCZ's)
3) make sure in dual boot menu, you're selecting the Titan install (I figure it to be first and the default selection, i.e. let it go)
4) after vista is done with the final reboot, remove the vista dvd, reboot and see if you get a BootMgr missing.

If you do get a BootMgr missing, change your HDD disk first priority to your OCZ Raid volume and you will get into your dual boot OS menu again. If that works, change the Titan back to first HDD boot priority and put in vista dvd, reboot and see if you get you dual boot OS menu again.

If it goes this way for you, we have a very similar setup, with the exact same problem in using that setup.

xXlAinXx
02-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Hello xX1AinXx, I'm using G13 today.

UPDATE and Edited Original POST: I can confirm on my system if I set the Jmicron IDE and eSata to RAID+IDE or AHCI+IDE, the following errors occur (these do not happen if set to IDE or Disabled).

1) During post there will be 2 repeat lines which are a brighter white and sit on top of normal post text stating "WARNING: Have Option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID: 197Bh, Device ID: 2363h)"

While the bios trying invoke the Raid, some of uor device state;
(A1)a wrong
or
(B1)one already occupied
memory allocation and therfore the operation cannot be inizialized.
Both can be Bios/Firmware releated. Thus (A1) it's more inclined to the SSD Firmware one.
Well engineers will know for sure where to look :p

the_mup
02-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Are there any release notes for this new bios?

saaya
02-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Improvements for P04 are:
memory compatibility
cpu core multiplier improvements [30+ with 4 cores still doesnt work but we are getting there :)]
several minor improvements to improve stability at high overclocks

bill, you dont like G19? G13 is still better for you? :D
sorry guys, dont have time to read up on the raid probs right now, ill post here later :)

dengyong
02-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I got a dollar that says if you: (Warning: if you do this, you might have some cleaning up of a dual boot OS to go back to your original config, VistaBootPro is a great little tool to clean this stuff up, but if you don't want to deal with any of it, don't try anything below, thanks)

1) move the Titan to first boot in HDD list
2) install vista on the Titan (you'll have a dual boot OS now with your Raided OCZ's)
3) make sure in dual boot menu, you're selecting the Titan install (I figure it to be first and the default selection, i.e. let it go)
4) after vista is done with the final reboot, remove the vista dvd, reboot and see if you get a BootMgr missing.

If you do get a BootMgr missing, change your HDD disk first priority to your OCZ Raid volume and you will get into your dual boot OS menu again. If that works, change the Titan back to first HDD boot priority and put in vista dvd, reboot and see if you get you dual boot OS menu again.

If it goes this way for you, we have a very similar setup, with the exact same problem in using that setup.

I've got windows 7 on the titan and it's working fine as is, so I'll leave it alone for now.

RayderR6
02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I've got windows 7 on the titan and it's working fine as is, so I'll leave it alone for now.

No worries, you've given me a great example for my chart, thanks. Is windows 7 the only OS on your system right now or in dual boot with that vista you list?

dengyong
02-26-2009, 07:47 PM
No worries, you've given me a great example for my chart, thanks. Is windows 7 the only OS on your system right now or in dual boot with that vista you list?

Dual boot.

RayderR6
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
:d:d:d

xXlAinXx
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
It was defective video card.

I know this was already discussed, by the way I leave one post for further reference and/or insight for XFX GX-295N-HHFF QUAD card holder.

Problem

System with specific Bios are unable to handle SLI

Troubleshooting

This happend while swapping from "BIOS A"* to "BIOS B"* on Vista x64.

Option 1
Vista deactivate SLI and pop:
"Incompatible display adapter has been disabled. At least one display adapter on the system has been disabled because it's driver is not compatible with the driver for the VGA adapter."
Error.

Option 2
Freeze BSOD

Option 3
Resolution restored to default generic-vga

Option 4
Flickering to black video till "no device connected"

--

Affected Card

Code GX-295N-HHFF

Model XFX NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 1792Mb Gddr3 896bit HDMI PCi-Ex

Main
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&SUBSYS_40241682&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&SUBSYS_40241682
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&CC_0300

Slave
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&SUBSYS_40241682&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&SUBSYS_40241682
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&CC_030200
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&CC_0302

Booting from Safe Mode and removing/reinstalling the driver will stop the issue on "BIOS B". After that the system remain unable to handle properly SLI.
The system will suddently crash when SLI is enabled, even on factory setting. Any 3D application cause a BSOD 0x00000116 Error.
Swapping back to "BIOS A" by "BIOS B" will let Vista ask again for another video driver installation plus one Microsoft license reactivation** is needed, SLI working fine after that.

Interesting points taken from dump file are:

! sig: Verifying file against specific (valid) catalog failed! (0x00000057)
! sig: Error 87: The parameter is incorrect.
! sig: Verifying file against specific Authenticode(tm) catalog failed! (0x80092003)
! sig: Error 0x80092003: An error occurred while reading or writing to a file.
!!! dvi: Device not started: Device has problem: 0x0a: CM_PROB_FAILED_START.
! dvi: Driver list already built
! ndv: Queueing up error report since device has a PnP problem...

Temporary solution:

Stick with G16 - G19 Bios.

--

*"BIOS A" and "BIOS B" are Motherboard Bioses
"BIOS A" SLI working G16, G19.
"BIOS B" SLI not working P03, G13, P04, P06.
Bios not tested G15, G18.
** on the first swap if the product was already activated.

Bios Changelog:
G16 Recalibrated Power-Chip.
G19 1.Enhanced memory compatibility for certain memories. 2.The memory tCL adjusting function now works as intended.

Regards

BrokeDown
03-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm getting some issues.

-After putting the computer to sleep, I can't get Windows back. Everything powers on like it's waking up, but my screen is black.
-On reboot, my Vdimm always goes from 1.6v to 1.85v. Have to manually reset in BIOS and save again.
-In Windows, CPU clock and volts, as well as mem clocks get throttled down. Not a big deal, but I notice a big difference in performance when just messing around.

Only changes in BIOS are (need to double check these when I get home but I think they are right):
-CPU Turbo off
-System Turbo on
-Mem multi 12x
-QPI multi 24x
-CxE disabled
-S1 resume

BenchZowner
03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm getting some issues.

[quote=BrokeDown;3713361]-After putting the computer to sleep, I can't get Windows back.

Fixed in BIOS P06.

-On reboot, my Vdimm always goes from 1.6v to 1.85v. Have to manually reset in BIOS and save again.

Do you get a error message or notice that your system is back at its default settings ?

Which BIOS version are you using ?

-In Windows, CPU clock and volts, as well as mem clocks get throttled down. Not a big deal, but I notice a big difference in performance when just messing around.

That's Intel's SpeedStep.
Disable the EIST & CxE settings in the CPU Configuration menu.

Rammsteiner
03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Think Ive EIST enabled, Turbp Mode always on and in Vista high performance, that pretty much forces 21x too;)

BrokeDown
03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Fixed in BIOS P06.

Do you get a error message or notice that your system is back at its default settings ?

Which BIOS version are you using ?

That's Intel's SpeedStep.
Disable the EIST & CxE settings in the CPU Configuration menu.

I believe I flashed P06 last night. It was the most recent dated BIOS off the Foxconn website.

I wasn't getting error messages on the restarts.

I did disable EIST & CxE.

Currently, the only issues I am have now are:

1) With S1 suspend, putting the computer to sleep does not turn off the computer.
2) "CPU Turbo Always on" Does not give my the 21x multiplier

RayderR6
03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I believe I flashed P06 last night. It was the most recent dated BIOS off the Foxconn website.

I wasn't getting error messages on the restarts.

I did disable EIST & CxE.

Currently, the only issues I am have now are:

1) With S1 suspend, putting the computer to sleep does not turn off the computer.
2) "CPU Turbo Always on" Does not give my the 21x multiplier

EIST has to be enabled to get +1.

EIST: Enabled,
Turbo: Always On,
CPU Multi: x20
will give you a constant x21

BrokeDown
03-13-2009, 06:14 PM
EIST has to be enabled to get +1.

EIST: Enabled,
Turbo: Always On,
CPU Multi: x20
will give you a constant x21

I'll try re-enabling EIST, but I disabled that because it was throttling my clocks. I'm assuming it shouldn't this time with Turbo always on?

BenchZowner
03-14-2009, 06:54 AM
I'll try re-enabling EIST, but I disabled that because it was throttling my clocks. I'm assuming it shouldn't this time with Turbo always on?

Like RayderR6 told you.
Set Turbo to Always On, and keep EIST enabled and you'll have a constant 21x multi.

BrokeDown
03-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Like RayderR6 told you.
Set Turbo to Always On, and keep EIST enabled and you'll have a constant 21x multi.

Not for me. With EIST on, it throttles no matter what. EIST off, I have constant x20.

I am on P06 as well.

BenchZowner
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Not for me. With EIST on, it throttles no matter what. EIST off, I have constant x20.

I am on P06 as well.

That's just weird.
I had a quickie ( quick bench with liquid nitrogen ) with a C0 i7 920 on the BloodRage with the P06 BIOS today and I had no problem on running 21x all the time with EIST enabled, CxE disabled, and Turbo Mode set to Always On.
4.6GHz wPrime 8 threads went just fine.

Stelios
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone ever seen this ???

It appears on every OS i have used (XP , 2k3 , 2k8 , vista) . Bios tried : G19A & P06 & P03 .

Of course i have only one dimm installed . If i insert 3 dimms , then the total ammount ov memory would be : 263124 MB approx .

Also , on thaiphoon burner , i have one more SMBUS device at 57h which is this cannon spd ... It's recognized as "SPD eeprom at 57h" .

Revamper
06-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I've been getting an overclock error after EVERY (yes every) reboot. I'm running bios P07, I have a Core i7 920 oc'ed to 3.08ghz with G.Skill DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-18) overclocked to DDR3 1452 (7-7-6-16) at 1.6v with 2x WD640AAKS's in RAID 0 Stripe, and a Radeon HD4850 (if you need any more info on my system just ask). I have to go into the bios and resave all my settings after every reboot and once my system is booted it runs fine but it is very frustrating when my family members can't use my computer because of this overclock error. I never used to have this error before.

EDIT: woops i didnt know i filled out my sig with my rig info lol. i have a 4850 now that 9800gt is gone

RAYTTK
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I never used to have this error before.

so what have you done ?
I had a CO 920 that would not recover from a bad overclock and this meant I had to reset CMOS and fill out all the bios settings each time, The trick is to get a good Overclock then save it in the OC GEAR section of the bios. Then just load that profile each time it crashes,
I have had oc recovery working great on my new DO 920, so its not an issue anymore for me.
Your RAM is overclocked so I would put more like 1.65vdimm in and see if thats your problem.
Good luck and if this dont help post your Voltage settings

rioja
07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
On BR multiplier will never be steady at 21 with any bios. With EIST On, Turbo On, CxE disabled it still jump.
It may be checked with i7 turbo:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4016/62155045.jpg

Sch0cK
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
:confused:
You got steady 21x

mk-ultra
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
even with "current feedback override" set to enabled into bios under CPU features?

it does the trick for me > http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7230/screenshot714200950714p.th.png (http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7230/screenshot714200950714p.png)

rioja
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
multiply must be always 21, i e max=min=21
current feedback override helps a little, but not in full.
vista profile is performance btw.

only one thing may help to get multiply 21 really steady - eist disabled, which means without cpu turbo.

cpu-z shows 21 always but it's just too slow :)
that's why utilities like i7 turbo exists

for example, on dfi x58 with eist enabled multiplier is constant 21.
hope this will be fixed in new bios.

mk-ultra
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
weird
i'm on G25 with current feedback override enabled, like i said above it's stable @ 100% load

i'd give it another try

rioja
07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
don't you see on your own screenshot that min not equal max not equal 21?
try run prime with several hours and you will see more drops.
21 is not steady obviously.

mk-ultra
07-16-2009, 02:54 AM
i'll try runnig more time as you say it change more with more time

but
(20.9789+21.0898)/2=21.03435 :confused:
even is it goes to 20.9 does it really change something? you call that not stable?
220x20.0898=4615.358mhz
220x21=4620mhz

afaik clock always varies a bit.

Seanie's Show
07-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi hope someone can answer this cos its doing my head in, Just got this board today and fell in love with it straight away, BUT, here's my dilema, and im sorry if this has been brought up before but here we go again.

Im running 2 samsung F1's in RAID0 on thias board, as pulled from my previous system (DFI x48) however my DVD drive is also SATA, plugging it into the intel controllers, the bios see's it as ACHI DVD/CD drive, but no matter what I change I cant seem to boot from it to run a fresh install.

Ive also tried it in the SAS ports and they pick it up as an unknown device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

BenchZowner
07-18-2009, 03:59 PM
You need to connect the optical drive ( DVD/RW, etc ) to the first SATA port of the intel ICH10R controller.

Seanie's Show
07-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the quick responce, ive got that sorted, and now for another problem, although im not completely sure this a problem.

The bios im running is P06, I would like to flash it, but im not completely sure how to do it on this board yet as ive heard some issues some are having with bios P06, the problem that im having though is, in the overclocking menu in the bios I have set everything manually to stock settings, the memory im running is 6gb, 3 x 2gb sticks of Patriot Viper 1600mhz, I believe these use micron IC's, although ive set them up in the bios to the stock speed of 1600mhz and the timmings to 8-8-8-24, when in windows CPU-z is showing them as running 534mhz, at DDR rate thats only 1066mhz total, not 1600mhz as ive set in the bios ???

Im just trying to iron out all these issues before I start to overclock it, just incase im doing something wrong.

Any help on this subject would be apreciated

TIA

rioja
07-19-2009, 06:37 AM
set uncore twice of dram speed

Seanie's Show
07-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks, So you mean I need to set uncore to 3200mhz, at the moment on auto its defaulting to 2133mhz, what difference will bumping this setting upto 3200mhz make, not sure what uncore is or does.

Below is a snap shot of CPU-z and Foxconns software before the change to 3200mhz,both pieces of software reading the ram as 1067mhz when they are set to 1600mhz in the bios.

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/capturewcr.jpg/

And now after the change to 3200mhz, Foxconn software says RAM is at 1600mhz and so does CPU-z:

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/capture55.jpg/

Thanks for your help, i'll be off too start overclocking this baby now.

Seanie's Show
07-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Unfortunatly EIST is Intels Speed Step Technology, and if you want the bonus +1 on the multiplier then you have to have this enabled, even if you have Turbo switched to always on, if you are not thrashing your machine, like benching it or something like that then it runs in a low level state, right now as im typing this the foxconn software says my CPU is at 2401.64mhz (200.14 x 12) but if I fire up prime or something else then it almost instantly jumps upto 4.2ghz (200 x 21) is this right / normal to get the extra +1 multi or should it sit at 4.2ghz constantly even when im not using the PC.

Sch0cK
07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
That is normal and good like it is.

With G25 i can run at steedy 21x with Turbo always on

Uncore is Ram-controller, 3rd lev cache Qpi-interface ...
and it HAS TO RUN 2 x Ramspeed or more

dengyong
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Windows 7 will lower your multi if "power options" aren't set to "high performance" regardless of what's set in bios. I believe vista does the same.

Seanie's Show
07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your help guy's, I thought id give another bios a go, so I flashed to P08 I couldnt get my system stable at 4.2ghz with that bios so I then re-flashed to G25, same thing again I couldnt get stable at 4.2ghz, so finally I swapped the jumper on the mobo to bios ROM 2 which had P06 on it and hey presto 4.2ghz stable again, ran it successfully for 15 passes with LinX, the only difference ive noticed now im back on P06 is it used to complete 15 passes of LinX in 48mins but this time it took 54mins, is there any reason for this or is it completely random.

r1ch
07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Did you look at the cpu vcore for each bios? it has been mentioned a lot of times that the different bioses can change the cpu vcore so it might be that you need to increase the BIOS vcore to get the same actual voltage on the board with P08 and G25 BIOS.

Also, if you're loading an overclock profile then that might be the problem. Try setting the BIOS options manually and see if that makes any difference?

Try G25 again, i've used pretty much all the BIOSes and it's by far the best BIOS for me. :)

MJRL
10-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I can't boot with my intel ssd in ahci mode, i know that in other mb it is possible, any tip for this?

I've instaled W7 in ahci, but after the first restart have to change it to ide mode, cause it couldn't find the boot, even if intel ssd was firts boot.

Gambit_2K
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
:shrug:

Im having issues with my brand new Bloodrage GTI and have traced it to my memorysticks. I can't boot with 3 sticks in the dimm slots. Just having one stick works fine but not 2 or 3. The boards gets stuck at POST right after displaying CPU model. And the display is showing code "4E".

I've tried downclocking and running the ram at 1066, upped the timings to 8-8-8-8 and thrown voltage from 1.65 up 1.85 on them but nothing work.

Is there a setting that im missing???I set the uncore to 24 since my ram muliplier is 12.

The ram I have is Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600MHz 6GB CL7-7-7-20 1.65V. And I have the same issues with the the first release bios P4? and the latest official one.

Please help!

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds like your cpu isnt seated right. I would reinstall your cpu, its probally not making good contact with the pins. I have heard this before, with people seeing less ram then they really have. Faulty mem controller? also check to make sure your ram is all the way in the slot. It can be tight fit on a new board. I had a old epox that did that to me, I had to press hard on the dimms to get it to post. Bump up your northbridge voltage a touch, helps with stability.

Could be a bad board too. Memory slots are the #1 rma reason. Did you alternate sticks and slots?

Gambit_2K
10-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Sounds like your cpu isnt seated right. I would reinstall your cpu, its probally not making good contact with the pins. I have heard this before, with people seeing less ram then they really have. Faulty mem controller? also check to make sure your ram is all the way in the slot. It can be tight fit on a new board. I had a old epox that did that to me, I had to press hard on the dimms to get it to post. Bump up your northbridge voltage a touch, helps with stability.

Could be a bad board too. Memory slots are the #1 rma reason. Did you alternate sticks and slots?

Im not really seeing less ram than I have, it's just that i won't boot with more than 1 stick of memory in a slot. I've tried all slots with 1 stick in them and it works just fine. So it's not 1 particular stick or 1 particular slot that's holding me back. And im sure they are in as hard as they are gonna get.

Im gonna try and reinstall my CPU and up the northbridge voltage when I get back after work.

IT really sucks since all the part are brandspanking new.

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I feel you. I got a pile of parts ready to put together, bloodrage also. Got my fingers crossed, its been a couple months after I bought it. Didnt think it would take this long. Oh well.

Make sure you have xmp disabled also.
Also bump up the vtt voltage a tad (memory controller), thats suppose to help also.
Oh yeah, bloodrage has a bios bug that sets the cas higher than it says in the bios. Maybe this has a affect? set your cas pretty high like 9
You might also want to install windows with one stick of ram, after its loaded up try putting the other sticks in.
check the post code list for bloodrage in the stickies
At least it powers on with all the sticks in.

Wheres saaya when you need him?

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-15-2009, 11:08 PM
post code says 4E Test base memory from 256K to 640K and extend memory above 1MB with various patterns:shrug:

What other hardware you have in the rig?

Gambit_2K
10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
post code says 4E Test base memory from 256K to 640K and extend memory above 1MB with various patterns:shrug:

What other hardware you have in the rig?

CPU: i7 920 d0
Harddrive: 2*250 GB WS Caviar 2500KS @ RADI0
PSU:Tagan 580W
VGA: Ati X300 64 mb PCIE

My rig isn't complete yet, I just wanted to do some benchning before the rest of my parts arrive but that was asking a little much hehe.

Im gonna try upping NB volt, VTT and set the cas to maybe 9-9-9-24? and reinstall my CPU when im home. I got my fingers crossed.

Here are my settings right now.

kimble
10-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I am also having the exact same problem as Gambit2k.

I am using 6gb ocz pc3 16000 goldseries.With all sticks of ram installed the bloodrage will not boot up os (just loops),yet with 1 stick of ram it is fine,I have tested the ram (fine) I have tested all ram slots on the bloodrage with 1 stick of ram (also fine).

I have the correct timings input as well as ram volts.

I am quite at a loss as what to do here.:shrug:

I also forgot to mention I am running quad sli 259gtxs,when i take one gpu the 6gb of ram works fine,os is windows 7

Gambit_2K
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM
I am also having the exact same problem as Gambit2k.

I am using 6gb ocz pc3 16000 goldseries.With all sticks of ram installed the bloodrage will not boot up os (just loops),yet with 1 stick of ram it is fine,I have tested the ram (fine) I have tested all ram slots on the bloodrage with 1 stick of ram (also fine).

I have the correct timings input as well as ram volts.

I am quite at a loss as what to do here.:shrug:

I also forgot to mention I am running quad sli 259gtxs,when i take one gpu the 6gb of ram works fine,os is windows 7

I saw something on the foxconn supportforum about quad sli 259GTX problem. Have you checked there?

Anyways have tried uping the voltage and setting 9-9-9-9 timings without result. Im gonna try and install win7 with one stick now.

kimble
10-16-2009, 08:48 AM
No I have not yet Gambit,thank you for your help I will head over there and try to find it.

kimble
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Thank you Gambit!

Seems on the foxconn forums one person with quad sli was having a conflict with using their creative soundcard and 2x 295gtxs.

I have taken the soundcard out and it now boots fine with 6gb.

Thank you for your help.

I hope you resolve your issue soon mate.

BenchZowner
10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Gambit you have a damaged IMC ( Integrated Memory Controller ) or a bent ( or more than 1 ) socket LGA1366 pins.

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Still a good idea to reseat the cpu, and take a peek at the pins. That was my first suspect too benchzowner

Gambit_2K
10-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Guess how I solved my problem... I changed my VGA card. I took a stab in the dark and hit the bullseye. First I was totally in the mindstate that I would have to RMA my motherboard, especially after reseating my CPU and reading what you guys posted about perhaps having a damaged meemorycontroller.

But then I thought, since the other guy had incompatabilities with his VGA card and others parts of his system , what If I changed my Radeon X300 for the Radeon HD4770 from my HTPC? I did and it booted up and is working great!

Thx for the quick help!:up: Foxconn's own support forums got nothing on you guys :yepp:

Still though, I wonder if my soon to be bought 5870 will have any issues with my board... - To be continued... :confused:

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Finally, what took you so long. Nah thats cool. That was gonna be my last suggestion to take everything out and see if it ran.
Its nice to have backup video cards for troubleshooting. Thats why I kepy my old school pci mx400 card around. Just about a guaranteed start for any computer, no matter how old it is.

Gambit_2K
10-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Finally, what took you so long. Nah thats cool. That was gonna be my last suggestion to take everything out and see if it ran.
Its nice to have backup video cards for troubleshooting. Thats why I kepy my old school pci mx400 card around. Just about a guaranteed start for any computer, no matter how old it is.

Yeah I think im gonna invest in a PCI VGA too after this.

Im new to overclocking the i7 and X58, I've read that you should keep the VTT voltage close to the dram voltage? within 0.5? Is this true? Cause keeping the VTT @ 1.6V seems a little high no? :shrug:

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Thats way too high, you wanna keep it about .5v less than the ram max. I think most people are around 1.2~1.3 vtt. No more than .5 or you will have a crunchy IMC.

Utnorris
10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Keep in mind the BR actually undervolts the VTT, so it may say 1.6v, but it actually is 1.5v. As long as the difference between the dimm voltage and VTT is less than .5v you should be fine, i.e. dimm voltage of 1.65v then VTT should be higher than 1.15v. Running it closer then .5v is fine and a lot of folks run the VTT up in the 1.4v to 1.5v range when doing high overclocks.

Sch0cK
10-27-2009, 01:31 AM
My settings are,
+100mV to +300mV VTT depend on Bclk.
With +300mV 225Bclk on Water with D0
Most D0 have an optimum about 1,35V with Air/Water,
more is getting worse again.

erbe
11-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Having a strange problem.. was using P06 BIOS and updated to P09. (problem occurred in both BIOS)
When using sata mode = IDE the system will not accept a BCLK higher than about 160 (sporadically it will work at ~170).. the sytem will hang right after post, with the error code sitting at 8F or 94, seemingly random

but when setting it to RAID or AHCI mode it will boot without problem.

Using mushkin blackline 1600 set to default timings and x8 mem mult. 1.65-1.7 v
i7 920

Sch0cK
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Any USB-Drives ?
Bios Reset after Updating ?
Don t use any Saves from a previous Bios.
VTT = +100mV to +150mV
I am on P09 and Sata mode, no issues up to 224Bclk

erbe
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Looks like it was the hard drive.. new ssd just came in and having no problems so far (with the old hdd unplugged)..