PDA

View Full Version : More bad news at Foxconn < - > EDIT: BS :P -Saaya

Wotcher
12-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the lack of response from saaya, I hope not but things don't look too rosey at Foxconn according to this Fudzilla article. :(

Crisis is three times worse than first expected

It seems like the rumours about Foxconn are much worse in reality, as now the company chairman Terry Gou has gone on record and said that the economic crisis is three times worse than expected and Foxconn is going to have to lay off further staff to reduce costs.

Foxconn has already made 1,500 people redundant in Hungary alongside tens of thousands of people in China with 10 to 15 percent of its workforce in Taiwan expected to get laid off shortly as well. It really doesn't look good for Foxconn at the moment and there might be more redundancies in the future if things don't improve.

SOURCE (http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11066&Itemid=38)

HDCHOPPER
12-23-2008, 12:50 AM
:eek: come ' on sasha :up: keep your job !!!

Foxconn does a large volume of parts for intel without thier name on stuff normally thier a large company and have the staying power :up:

just yesterday built an Q9550 system and the heat sink had foxconn embossed in it :ROTF: bet the board was by them too :D

come on Foxconn time to take names and kick butt :up:

besides it's fudzilla :rofl:

Marco André
12-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Maybe Saaya is taking some days off for X-Mas with his family :)

And besides that...

besides it's fudzilla :rofl:
:up:

BenchZowner
12-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Saaya is still up and running folks :)
Don't know about the rumor, but it could be true.
On the other side they'll just cut down on the china/taiwan fab personnel, and try to use another fab on a place with cheaper (working) hands.
I hate myself for expressing this this way, but the truth is that "the crucial personnel will be fine no matter what"... however I do not like that, expression/way of thinking, everyone is valuable :)

Life's unfair isn't it ?

philbrown23
12-23-2008, 07:57 AM
I sense the ark ages of computer tech aproaching.

yiancar
12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
yea saaya is fine , cz 3 days ago i talked to him and he was going to take care some visa staff . So he is not going anywhere :D

HDCHOPPER
12-23-2008, 09:11 AM
good to hear !
and eye agree with ya Zoner everyone's valueable
and take it from a 1 eyed biker life def unfair :ROTF:

saaya
12-24-2008, 03:23 AM
those rumors are old, dont know why digitimes and fudzilla posted that stuff again... maybe they didnt have anything else to post :D
there have been no news at all regarding the layoffs, all the info there is old, like 1-2 months or so.

and yes, some 10s of thousands of people will be laid off in china, unfortunately...
thats only a workforce reduction of around 10% though, shenzen alone, the biggest foxconn fab, has 300.000 employees

and if you followed the news, asus, gigabyte, msi, ecs, biostar are all cutting down their workforce by 5-15%
actually, what company isnt laying off people these days? :(

sad times... and all this at the end of the year... really sad...
and the worst thing is, its all triggered by some people who are rich beyond our imagination, trying to be even more rich, playing poker on the stock markets and either had bad luck, got ripped off, or simply didnt know what they were doing and blew the money. and as a result the whole world is suffering :rolleyes:
and there are still people who say we dont need more regulations :stick:

anyways, thanks for worrying about me, im sory for not haging out here a lot lately cause i was too busy to test and polish off BloodRage :)
I hope you guys will chose a BloodRage board despite the delay, Im sure you wont regret it :)
Now that its out in the wild, im going to spend a whole lot more time here again :D

Merry Christmas everybody! :toast:
and a happy new year :)

Sailindawg
12-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Good to hear that you're back!!

Kasparz
12-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Foxconn need more value orientated products by its own brand and better marketing for sure. Atleast here are only one distributor who sells Foxconn board and in very small quantity. Even considering few P43/P45 boards are pretty good value.

HDCHOPPER
12-24-2008, 08:47 AM
good to see you back and hanging saaya & happy holidays to you & yours :D

and YES BloodRage is the next :up:

Wotcher
12-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Merry Christmas everybody! :toast:
and a happy new year :)
Same to you, good to see you back, have a good one

:toast:

screwtech02
12-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Merry X-mas to you Saaya.. Any chance that "Santa" will be releasing the AVENGER in the USA anytime soon???? Some of us are still stuck on LGA775....:cool:

Gendo
12-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Good to hear you're still here Sacha. Merry christmas to you and your family:D

saaya
12-29-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks everybody! :toast:

Foxconn need more value orientated products by its own brand and better marketing for sure. Atleast here are only one distributor who sells Foxconn board and in very small quantity. Even considering few P43/P45 boards are pretty good value.
yeah! i kept saying the same thing...
everybody told us BlackOps was a great board, but it was too expensive...
I forwarded all the feedback and we worked on it, and BloodRage is the cheapest high end X58 board while offering the same or better features than other high end boards! :D
and there is going to be a basic version of BloodRage soon, with slightly less features and a cheaper price! :hrhr:

Merry X-mas to you Saaya.. Any chance that "Santa" will be releasing the AVENGER in the USA anytime soon???? Some of us are still stuck on LGA775....:cool:
pm me your details, ill try to hook you up with a shop to buy from :)

libertysyclone
12-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Good to hear that you are still in a job! tough times is an understatement for us in the ACTUAL work force.

Few questions

The QP panel I am assuming doesnt ship with the BR, where can it be purchased? standard disty's?

the Jan 5th date I assume is a good call on a release date?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! for teh LGS775 mounts!

my vapochill will be very happy with you.

My Foxconn 590SLI systems is still rocking :) I am excited for a great Mobo.

martin-da-man
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
#8 i want the blood rage in my new i7 setup.. does it really inprove only having 3 ram slots ?

screwtech02
12-30-2008, 07:21 PM
thanks everybody! :toast:

yeah! i kept saying the same thing...
everybody told us BlackOps was a great board, but it was too expensive...
I forwarded all the feedback and we worked on it, and BloodRage is the cheapest high end X58 board while offering the same or better features than other high end boards! :D
and there is going to be a basic version of BloodRage soon, with slightly less features and a cheaper price! :hrhr:

pm me your details, ill try to hook you up with a shop to buy from :)

WOOT! You have PM..... :cool: