PDA

View Full Version : 45nm Quad WC Block

Rise
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I've been doing a lot of looking around and trying to figure out what block would be best for a 45nm quadcore (q9450). Because of the small die, I'm thinking a block that is stepped would be good, but I also think that the central inlet like a D-tek has would benefit it as well. Any opinions on the benefit of one over the other? I haven't found a block that is stepped and has the central inlet, but if one exists that I've overlooked, please let me know! I'm not so sure I have the capability to step it myself although I suppose I could bring it into the machine shop at work and see if someone could help me do it which would lead me to believe that the d-tek v1 or v2 would be my best candidate.

Thoughts? Insight?

dM@n
12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I think a XSPC Delta V3 (http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Delta-V3-CPU-Acetal-pr-4305.html) would be fine for you because of its stepped base.

NaeKuh
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
list the rest of your EQ.

DMan suggested you go the low restriction route, which is about the generic cold pill route.. Meaning its always the route which gives a result, and makes people happy.

There is more efficient loops with accelerators, like your d-tek block, only better, but they are also more expensive, and require better class hardware.

So we need the rest of your EQ, or how much more money you're willing to invest in this project.

Rise
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
list the rest of your EQ.

DMan suggested you go the low restriction route, which is about the generic cold pill route.. Meaning its always the route which gives a result, and makes people happy.

There is more efficient loops with accelerators, like your d-tek block, only better, but they are also more expensive, and require better class hardware.

So we need the rest of your EQ, or how much more money you're willing to invest in this project.

so far all I have is the micro res, and the mcr320 radiator. I'm still not sure on the pump but I'm thinking mcp655 atm. I was going to choose the pump depending on the CPU block. I don't have any plans to cool anything else besides the CPU since this is my first go around with water cooling. Since I have a mid tower, I'm thinking I will make a water box. All other hardware can be found in my sig!

Edit: i have a couple of yate loons, and a couple of zalman fans as well. 2 of each.