PDA

View Full Version : Ff 02

foxone
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi all, i have a problem with a second hand foxconn blackops.
This motherboard dont boot and it has a code FF 02 with a infinite loop of resets and restarts.
3 leds are lighting on each restart, blue near buttons, red near memory and a yellow on pcie card.
Botlock dont show too.
I saw on forum posts that FF code is clearly related to bios, but 02 isnt documented.
Any info about?

koda
12-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Well did you consult here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205999) ?

FF then reboot
If the Motherboards powers on, displays FF for a couple of seconds with all fans spinning and the LEDs working and then restarts, the Motherboard is trying to detect the BIOS and read from it. This sometimes happens randomly when overclocking the mainboard, but if it happens several times in a row make sure the BIOS chips are seated properly and the right way around, the mark on the BIOS chip needs to face downwards. Another possible problem is that the BIOS is messed up as a result of a too high overclock or a bad BIOS flash. Power off the mainboard, remove both BIOS chips and wait a few minutes, then put them back in and power the mainboard on again. Switch the BIOS chips around or change the BIOS select jumpers to boot from the other BIOS chip in case the initial one is corrupted.
Note that the FF code is also used by the memory configuration and testing procedure, check the POST Code description for A0 and following for details

So maybe you can try again with selecting another bios chip configuration (you have to play with bios jumpers).

Thenura
12-19-2008, 11:46 PM
try the clear cmos btton

foxone
12-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Well mates, i tried this actions without result, both chips same to be equal.
Seems like a bios virus or bad chips.
Are there any way to burn the chips out of the motherboard?
Nobody known what 02 means, this second post code exist before an 03 code, that is, firts the mother board had a FF 03 post code with the same resets and restarts and then when i removed the little 3V batery the post code was FF 02.
Now the post codes dont changes with or without batery.

foxone
12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Well did you consult here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205999) ?

So maybe you can try again with selecting another bios chip configuration (you have to play with bios jumpers).

Yes, i read that, i tried all jumper positions, cleared cmos by jumpers and button, still the same post code and restarts.