PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Computer Q

breathemetal
12-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Is the Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified 12V Eheim 1046 Pump a solid pump? And when coupled with all their interface products is it even better? How are their blocks as well? Any i7 blocks to look at yet?

Spankyfart
12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Used an Eheim for 5 years, never failed me.
Got a DCC 3.2 now and I'm liking it more, they are both silent though if mounted correctly.
Have ordered several times from AQ, and their products are always top notch. Can't say much about that pump though.

So in a nutshell, I'm not much use when it comes to answering your question ;)

breathemetal
12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
haha well thanks anyways

Baleful
12-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I have never used that pump before, but if you are looking for a low maint., solid pump the D5 can't be beat. As far as a block for the i7, the GTZ isn't bad at all.

Waterlogged
12-19-2008, 09:30 AM
I have never used that pump before, but if you are looking for a low maint., solid pump the D5 can't be beat. As far as a block for the i7, the GTZ isn't bad at all.

Please stop being a 2006 caveman and join modern man in 2008. :yepp:

The DDC are just as low maintenance and solid.

alacheesu
12-19-2008, 09:33 AM
The Aquastream pump is quite popular here in Norway. Reliability and silence is supposed to be it's greatest strengths. In performance it appears to be close to an MCP-350 in a normal loop, although I haven't found too many tests. Here's one review (http://www.nexthardware.com/recensioni/scheda/110_845.htm). It's in italian, but the graphs should be self-explanatory.

Spankyfart
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Like I said, I don't really know the pump.
Is it a souped up Eheim or just rebranded, I know they have some monitor software for it and an LCD if I am correct. Maybe that's just the perk?

If you are getting an Eheim, make sure you superglue the impeller to the rod it's mounted on. It's noisy when you don't.
Again, don't know if that goes for the AQ pump. Maybe they modified that by default.

Baleful
12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Please stop being a 2006 caveman and join modern man in 2008. :yepp:

The DDC are just as low maintenance and solid.

LMAO caveman?

I have both pumps.

I have D5's

I have DDC-2's

I have DDC-3.2's

Are you a child? Seriously?

With a DDC, you have to put a top on it to get any kind of performance.

With a D5 you take it out of the box, plug it in. And you're set.

Take your flame bating and trolling back to the DD forums little one.

Waterlogged
12-19-2008, 10:05 AM
LMAO caveman?

I have both pumps.

I have D5's

I have DDC-2's

I have DDC-3.2's

Are you a child? Seriously?

With a DDC, you have to put a top on it to get any kind of performance.

With a D5 you take it out of the box, plug it in. And you're set.

Take your flame bating and trolling back to the DD forums little one.

:shakes:...and how does any of this pertain to a pump being "low maint. and solid"?

Low maint, by definition means it requires very little (if any) work done to it while it's in service.

Solid means (I'll use your "implied" def ;)) that it's dependable and won't crap out on the user for no reason.

Xilikon
12-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Why pull hair over semantics ? Both are great pumps and there is no reason bashing either one ;)

Waterlogged
12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Why pull hair over semantics ? Both are great pumps and there is no reason bashing either one ;)

Precisely my point.

Xilikon
12-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Precisely my point.

Hello, why this then : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3511941&postcount=5

Waterlogged
12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello, why this then : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3511941&postcount=5

Did I say anything disparaging about the D5?...No. It was a comment about his "implied" view that the DDC was somehow inferior to the D5 due to the reliability problems of the DDC-2. The DDC 3.x series as both you and I have pointed out are just as reliable as the D5. I'm just tired of the same ppl bashing or insinuating that the DDC3.x are bad pumps because of a prehistoric pump that's no longer made. These "cavemen" really should try a new DDC so they can get over their phobia.

zlojack
12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't see any implication in his post other than saying the D5 is a solid, reliable, low maintenance pump, which can't be denied. Then you flamed him. I don't see DDC mentioned anywhere in his post...so unless you can read his mind now, it looks like you're just picking a fight.

Seems like perhaps you're a little jumpy on the trigger here.

fox3
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
The OP asked a Q about aquacomputer pumps. Someone tries to help with an honest experience. A TY is offered for the reply. Then comes the ubiquitous post about how x brand is better... and the chest thumping how the pump I am using is hands down the best thing since pockets ... turns into my dad can beat up yer dad ... and we lose track of the original question. Well thats how I read it anyways ... a lot of chest thumping :yepp:

Back to reality. I have been using Ehiem pumps for years with no problems to date. As a matter of fact they are so quiet I need to use a steth to make sure they are working sometimes.

I have an AS ultra which so far has not been installed in my loop but after speaking with Vincent and Sven receently my loops will be working by new year and a report will be offered. HTH

Waterlogged
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't see any implication in his post other than saying the D5 is a solid, reliable, low maintenance pump, which can't be denied. Then you flamed him. I don't see DDC mentioned anywhere in his post...so unless you can read his mind now, it looks like you're just picking a fight.

Seems like perhaps you're a little jumpy on the trigger here.

If that is indeed the case, Baleful, I apologize.

You do have to admit that there does appear to be a bit of insinuation in that statement though, intended or not.

Spankyfart
12-19-2008, 10:57 AM
The OP asked a Q about aquacomputer pumps. Someone tries to help with an *snip*

Someone should ban the OP, he's witch.
A witch you say?
He turned me into a newt!

(nm me I am bored)

NaeKuh
12-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Someone should ban the OP, he's witch.
A witch you say?
He turned me into a newt!

(nm me I am bored)

you look like a ferrit to me instead of a newt. :rofl:

i dont like the D5.. its big.. ugly... and outclassed by a DDC with top.

Shoggy
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Is the Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified 12V Eheim 1046 Pump a solid pump? And when coupled with all their interface products is it even better? How are their blocks as well? Any i7 blocks to look at yet?
You can not really compare it to an Eheim 1046 since the aquastream XT is very different. It looks the same at first but that's all ;)

The 1046 has a pressure head of 1,2m while the aquastream XT can do 4,2m.

Adding some other stuff like the aquaero won't make it any better/faster/quieter or whatever. There is also no difference in performance between the three variants (standard, advanced and ultra) but the controlling and monitoring options are different.

Well, you could also start with a standard variant and upgrade it any time to advanced or ultra with a key that can be purchased in our webshop. The hardware of all three variants is the same but not every variant has all features unlocked.

I would recommend to download the aquasuite (http://aquacomputer.de/index.php/software.html?file=tl_files/aquacomputer/downloads/aquasuite/aquasuite_setup_4.64.00.exe) and start the demo mode so you will get a better idea of the possibilities.

As an i7 block you should take a look on the cuplex hd (http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=2069).

Utnorris
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks Shoggy for the response.

theseeker
12-19-2008, 04:05 PM

Yes it is a very good pump in the properly designed system. Their Aquasuite software combined with the Aquaero LCD control is slick. It allows you to OC the pump on the fly, control fan speeds by temps, auto shut-down and a lot more. They have a Cuplex DoubleImpact for the I7 and I am currently using it and works very well. Just be warned that AC gear is expensive and not always easy to find in the U.S. However, it is all pretty sexy.