PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Prozium
12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
well I got the rest of my stuff today and set it all up.

The problem is, I just get ...

"Verifying DMI Pool Data ..............
AMD Data Change ...Update New Data to DMI!" :confused:

then it just sits there.:(

my set up..
1x Foxconn Destroyer (Mobo)
1x OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800
1x AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+BE Brisbane 2.8GHz
1x CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
1x Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME
1x Creative audigy 2 ZS

using integrated vid, and both hdd and CD rom on IDE
HDD is a WD caviler 120gig
:help:

edit: I also think my CD rom is not being reconized...its set to slave and hdd i think is on master(I'll check just to be sure)

Edit #2: the HDD was set to master, but not master with slave present, so I fixed that. now the CD rom shows in bios, also I have the P12 version of the BIOS...if that helps

after it sits for 20-30 seconds after I get the error message it says, "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" as if its not booting the CD rom first like I have it set to do.

I don't think the HDD is bad it was working yesterday in my old rig, and I used the new Foxconn IDE cable...

edit#3: seems to me that its reading my drives are there in bios and post, but not reading them when I go to start/install windows. Is this a bad board? or am I doing somthing wrong?

Prozium
12-19-2008, 12:26 AM
why does it say 1800MHz? its a 2.8GHz.....sigh...im confused and going crazy.

HDCHOPPER
12-19-2008, 05:12 AM
eist green stuff disable it and basic cpu speed ought to show ..( pretty shuer amd has it to)

Prozium
12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
thanks for the reply. I didnt see any thing like that in the bios.

Well it's defiantly not my HDD that is the problem. I tried a 20g samsung spinpoint out of an older rig and it does the same "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

HDCHOPPER
12-20-2008, 02:21 AM
it's nor recognizing your hd
check to see what your sata mode is in

Prozium
12-20-2008, 03:47 AM
"SATA operation mode" is set to IDE.

HDCHOPPER
12-23-2008, 01:01 AM
does your bios even see your wd 120?

Prozium
12-23-2008, 02:24 AM
yes, it sees both the HDD and the CD ROM. it just doesn't seem like its accessing them when going to start.

HDCHOPPER
12-23-2008, 02:38 AM
sounds like it's time for a repair no fun but it's eazy enough and ya get to keep all your stuff

my fav is the 3rd page repair ...boot to windows disc hit> enter hit> f8(i agree) hit > R and let it do it's thing

sometimes windows updater doesnt work afterwards ( has to do with IE7 best to uninstall it first but if ya cant acess your drive then ya cant )
if windows updater doesnt work afterwards eye have a batch file can send you that will fix it
or can just put it here

good luck

Aura89
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Do you have the hard drive in the correct sata port? there's 6 sata ports, however, the two closes to the ram may not work like you want them to, if you have them in there, change them

From the manual: SATA_3 ports on the motherbaord are working under RAID mode, AHCI mode or Linux AHCI mode. In IDE mode, these two SATA ports do not function.

Unless you're using IDE for either your CD/DVD drive or HDD....in which case you should upgrade to sata

Prozium
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
sounds like it's time for a repair no fun but it's eazy enough and ya get to keep all your stuff

my fav is the 3rd page repair ...boot to windows disc hit> enter hit> f8(i agree) hit > R and let it do it's thing

sometimes windows updater doesnt work afterwards ( has to do with IE7 best to uninstall it first but if ya cant acess your drive then ya cant )
if windows updater doesnt work afterwards eye have a batch file can send you that will fix it
or can just put it here

good luck

That would be great if I could get it to boot from the CD at all. I'm trying to install a fresh copy of XP pro 64bit but it will not read from either of the drives.

Do you have the hard drive in the correct sata port? there's 6 sata ports, however, the two closes to the ram may not work like you want them to, if you have them in there, change them

From the manual: SATA_3 ports on the motherbaord are working under RAID mode, AHCI mode or Linux AHCI mode. In IDE mode, these two SATA ports do not function.

Unless you're using IDE for either your CD/DVD drive or HDD....in which case you should upgrade to sata

both are on IDE, and I know I need to upgrade to sata but I do not have the cash for that right now.

this pic is the screen I get stuck at, maybe you guys can see something I'm not seeing...?

Prozium
01-10-2009, 02:49 AM
well, after 2 1/2 - 3 weeks of online support...RMA'ed it yesterday. nothing I did or what online support told me to do fixed the problem.

so after owning the board for 6-7 weeks and being able to run it(as in getting the rest of the parts) for about 3 weeks now..I'm hoping in about a week and a half to 2 weeks I will be able to justify spending so much on a mobo. (RMA location is in the same state as I am)

It just sucks because I went through the effort of borrowing a CPU and PSU from my cousins to test it, and it had the issue then and I thought "No big deal a reinstall will fix that, I just wanted to see if it would post."

I guess that's what I get for thinking.