PDA

View Full Version : Volt-mod = no post?

KnightElite
08-01-2002, 01:12 PM
I tried doing the volt-mod on my AT7 yesterday. I used this (http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/abit_kg7_vcore.html) guide to get 0.2V above what the BIOS gives you. I have pomona SMD grabbers.

The first time I tried it, it beeped on POST (the video error beep) so I disconnected the VMod and tried again, still did it, so I cleared the CMOS and it worked again. Second time I used the same setup, but I connected the one connector to pin 7, and the other one to the case. This time I got no video, but no beeps either, and disconnecting it resolved the issue again.

Any ideas?

OPPAINTER
08-01-2002, 01:37 PM
Try a bigger resister or a veriable resister. Start at like 40k then work your way down, it sounds like your overvoltage is kicking on maybe because the reistance is to low.

OPP

KnightElite
08-01-2002, 03:08 PM
I guess I'll go buy a pot tomorrow or something. It's not really a priority.

If it's the overvoltage protection, would lowering the voltage in the BIOS as low as it will go, then doing the mod work?

DDTUNG
08-01-2002, 03:19 PM
It won't work because it's the percentage overvolt the matters.

DDTUNG:cool:

KnightElite
08-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Okay, I'll probably try it anyway, just to see what happens. If it's no-go, then I'll be buying a pot tomorrow :toast:.

baker18
08-01-2002, 08:55 PM
I have the exact same problem with my KX7. I tried different vr's(100k & 50k) and still have the same problem.

thanks,
baker18