PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day when,

Spankyfart
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
When it's actually 33% cheaper for you to order from the States when you live in Holland.
Even the EK stuff is cheaper which I find odd as its 4 countries over from me.
Is the VAT on this stuff 6% as opposed to 19% here?

And yes it's being shipped to someone in the US and then reshipped to me.
I bought his old junk, wink wink nudge nudge, you know what I mean.

Even when customs would find out and I have to pay the additional VAT, it's still cheaper.
*shrugs* and waits for his stuff. :rofl:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1106/orderrs2.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orderrs2.jpg)

I asked Sidewinder to quadruple check the order, I sure hope they do.

Eddie3dfx
12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
We asbolutely need the business right now, so thats a good thing.
Wait until 4th quarter earnings come out :(

Spankyfart
12-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Cheers for that link, I went with SW's as it seems a reliable source to buy stuff from. *edit*(going from people that order from them outside the US)
Overhere you get to choose from 2 good ones and 3 bad ones, and the prices are Wiitarded compared to the US.

Next thing is to finish my case, get it powdercoated and maybe put up a build log.

We asbolutely need the business right now, so thats a good thing.
Wait until 4th quarter earnings come out :(

We as in the US, or you being the owner of SW that's giving me an additional 10% discount ;)

NaeKuh
12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
we have no VAT on our side.

Theres sales tax which only applies if you buy in state.

Other then that, yeah, its cheap in the US.

Because if EK charged an arm and a leg here (which they used to), they'd be like MIPs which is almost non existant on the US side...

<3 XSPC for redefining prices...

Spankyfart
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
we have no VAT on our side.

Ah so it's the full 19% for me then (if customs find out and charge me), i was thinking 19% - 6% (already payed to SW).
Eitherway I'd still be on the upside.
One Bitspower fitting is 10 euro here, they are having a right laugh.

eltinio
12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Buy from Germany. I bought stuff out of Germany at a lower price than from Holland and shipping was cheaper to :S And no hassle with customs and taxes.

cdnbum88
12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Gary as Sidewinder is a great guy and you will not be disappointed with the service.

The prices are very competitive and that is awesome for you even with all the additional costs to have it cheaper :clap:

Happy shopping.

Spankyfart
12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Buy from Germany. I bought stuff out of Germany at a lower price than from Holland and shipping was cheaper to :S And no hassle with customs and taxes.

I've been oogling sites for months, and also checked some of the german ones.
Who can beat 2x MCR320 for 67 euro? That's 10 euro more then for one. ;)

NaeKuh
12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
I've been oogling sites for months, and also checked some of the german ones.
Who can beat 2x MCR320 for 67 euro? That's 10 euro more then for one. ;)

calculate VAT and shipping...

its like me when i order from newegg, yeah there cheap.. but when you factor sales tax and shipping, sometimes tigerdirect wins...

Spankyfart
12-18-2008, 02:32 PM
calculate VAT and shipping...

its like me when i order from newegg, yeah there cheap.. but when you factor sales tax and shipping, sometimes tigerdirect wins...

Jst looked something up on new and second hand items being sent from outside the EU. (over $220)
Seems you need to pay taxes regardless even if it is second hand.
Way to make money hehe, charge vat over items that already have been charged vat. *shrugs*

Let's hope that they won't be nitpickeing with all the packages being sent over christmas time then. And it'll clear customs without them being anal about taxes. :yepp:

Serpentarius
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
When it's actually 33% cheaper for you to order from the States when you live in Holland.
Even the EK stuff is cheaper which I find odd as its 4 countries over from me.
Is the VAT on this stuff 6% as opposed to 19% here?

why is Holland heavily taxed?

Spankyfart
12-19-2008, 01:12 AM
why is Holland heavily taxed?

No more then anyone else in Europe, except Monaco or Andorra of course.
But yeah I guess, I wonder when we get taxed for breathing.

Serpentarius
12-19-2008, 01:34 AM
No more then anyone else in Europe, except Monaco or Andorra of course.
But yeah I guess, I wonder when we get taxed for breathing.

that's really sad to hear ... so do those levy burden you? like purchasing common necessities?

elite.ire
12-19-2008, 02:14 AM
cant you pay the contry of origins rate of vat ?, like if i buy something from england i pay the english rate of vat rather than the 21% here in ireland

Spankyfart
12-19-2008, 02:28 AM
cant you pay the contry of origins rate of vat ?, like if i buy something from england i pay the english rate of vat rather than the 21% here in ireland

Any purchase outside the EU is non taxed till 150 euro (since dec 1st) and purchase within the EU isn't taxed apart from what you payed already doing the purchase.
Anything ordered from outside the EU is also taxed with "customs" tax.

Doesn't seem like a free world economy to me, but what can you do.

leo_bsb
12-19-2008, 06:12 AM
You are complaining for no reason.
I always pay 60% or more over all imported items. I wish I live in Holland ;)

Eddie3dfx
12-19-2008, 06:49 AM
If it makes you feel better, when traveling to europe, I used to get about 115 euros for $100.
Now I barely get $67..

So now my holidays will only be in Florida until the conversion changes. Can't afford anymore trips to madrid.

SoulsCollective
12-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, welcome to my life. Same thing in Australia - it's nearly always cheaper to order from the US. The only exception to this is bulk, bread-and-butter stuff, like HDDs or basic fans. Those are still cheaper in the US (including currency differences), it's just that shipping kills the margin.