PDA

View Full Version : MCW50-T questions....again :\

Saffire
10-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Since I just killed off me NF7-S, I'm in a spending mood :| (not good), so gonna try to satiate my needs by buying a gpu block for me watercooling system.

I'm lookin at the MCW50-T, and I was wondering if my Antec True430 (20A on the 12v line) would be able to power it (it'd be the only T.E.C. I'm using in there. I have 2 cd drives, floppy, hd, and no pci cards.

I'm using a Via Aqua 1300, chevette heatercore, and WW block atm, think it'll be able to push enough water for a pelt?

Finally, should I get it, I guess I'll need dielectric grease or something of the sort, can I just get that from any hardware store or do I have to order it somewhere?

(If I can't, then I'll settle for a regular MCW50 ;))

Jabo
10-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Saffire
Since I just killed off me NF7-S, I'm in a spending mood :| (not good), so gonna try to satiate my needs by buying a gpu block for me watercooling system.

I'm lookin at the MCW50-T, and I was wondering if my Antec True430 (20A on the 12v line) would be able to power it (it'd be the only T.E.C. I'm using in there. I have 2 cd drives, floppy, hd, and no pci cards.

I'm using a Via Aqua 1300, chevette heatercore, and WW block atm, think it'll be able to push enough water for a pelt?

Finally, should I get it, I guess I'll need dielectric grease or something of the sort, can I just get that from any hardware store or do I have to order it somewhere?

(If I can't, then I'll settle for a regular MCW50 ;))

Your PSU will be able to handle 80w module. The rest of your setup is more than capable of handling one little TEC :)
Every half decent PC shop selling sub ambient cooling gear should have dielectric grease and neoprene in it's offer. Go for te thickest possible one (self-adhesive backing is a -ready-made' route but buying regular neoprene and high quality double sided tape is much better solution, or combination of both :) )

Folllow Swiftech's on-line guide on how to condensation proof it (do not cover back of your card with grease before sticking neopree patch to it since it will not work, prefereably use separately bought thick piece of neoprene as described above and cover as much of back side of your card as possible - there's another thread here about MCW50-T with my piccies in it, find it and follow the way I did it - works perfect so far :) )

Saffire
10-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Do ya think having 1 pelt in that system would heat it up enough to not be worth it? And will it raise my electricity bill noticeably? ;)

Thanks for the reply :)

Jabo
10-21-2003, 02:34 AM
Electricity - it uses aroung 96watts of electricity.

It will raise your water temps slightly but adding a bit more air flow (doing proper shrouding/ducting or mounting bigger/more powerful fans) should offset it nicely. My MCW50-T allowed me to reach 420Mhz core on my trusty 256-bit R9500 (stock is 270)

It's worth it :)