PDA

View Full Version : please help. i need mounting holes dimensions for GF4 tc.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 11:28 AM
hey guys,
i just got ahold of a piece of copper,
and decided to make a block for my soon-to-come GF4.
could someone tell me:
[list=1]
the dimensions of the GF4 ti GPU itself
the diameter, and exact location of the 4 mouning holes around the GPU
the diameter and the exect loction of the 2 holes farther away from the GPU
[/list=1]
btw, those 2 holes farther away, do they have the same dimensions as the north bridge holes?
thanks you.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 01:00 PM
----B
------U
--------M
----------P
------------i
--------------E
----------------?
:(
Come on people, don't be lazy, like none of you have GF4's...:mad: :)

Tweaked!
08-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Dude, I'm trying. I've been searching the manufacturers sites, review sites, etc... trying to help you out with this. So far, no luck
:( I don't have one personally or you'd have it by now. I'll keep trying though.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 02:47 PM
thanks m8, i really appreciate it.
i've seen a bunch of sites say "NVidia® 's four mounting holes standard, as specified in GeForce™ GPU's",
but no one seems to KNOW what that standard is...
eh...we'll find it eventually :)

gone_fishin
08-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Ask Morphling1, he's crafting some gf4 waterblocks.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 03:06 PM
thanks, :)
i sure will.

morphling1
08-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Right now I'm making new block for Gigabyte 8500, Gf4 is next if you can wait one or two days, I'll get the card and take all the measures needed for block mounting, and I draw it in Acad.

dmitriyaz
08-01-2002, 03:25 PM
sure,
i can wait a couple of days :)
that would be great, when your done, please post the drawings here too.
thanks. :toast:

morphling1
08-01-2002, 03:27 PM
That was my intention :)

Tweaked!
08-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Cool, I keep running into a bunch of dead ends searching for specs and mech drawings etc... You'd think some of these places that sell manufactured wc blocks for these things would post their specs so peoples would feel more comfortable about purchasing their products. Danger den doesn't even touch anything near a spec, they just show some pics of one mounted. :rolleyes:

morphling1
08-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Guys, I thought I could get gf4 today but, the shop who's willing to lend me one were all out, so I'll get one next week.
The only way for me to take measures is if you persuade Malecky to lend me his siluro on Sunday :D

morphling1
08-09-2002, 01:54 AM
I just got inno 4200 yesterday. I took measurment, then went to check one very good pic. of reference design 4200, and I realized that inno is a little different, so that's not got, so I have to get Leadtek or Gainward or somecard that goes by reference design.
Damn

morphling1
08-21-2002, 05:53 AM
I'm done if anyone still need the dimensions:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Gf4%20design/4200%20reference.JPG

dmitriyaz
08-21-2002, 11:14 AM
you da man, morphling! :wave:
just to make sure, this IS the reference design for all GF4 ti, as far as mounting hole go?

morphling1
08-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I also got 4600 which I still need to draw, and the dimensions for mounting are the same.

Malecky
08-22-2002, 05:33 AM
Morphling you could have asked coz I dont use my computer right now so it would be easy to lend it to ya...

I have one Q for you and Sysfailure: How do you plan on making a coldpalte that does NOT tuch the top of the resistors and shorts them! I smoked my Siluro it still workx but I am gonna replace it coes I think its overheating now...

Maybe sell this siluro and buy a Leadtek..

Malecky
08-22-2002, 05:39 AM
HEy and I wanted to talk to you about a cool project coes maybe I can get us free LN2 and we can top the Cahrts with our systems easy, we just have to learn how to use Rivatuner.

Oh yeah and you would have to make the cans for the LN2, well it would be easy just as KAmu made them... nothin special.

morphling1
08-22-2002, 11:32 AM
You just milled that part of the cold plate away :D.
And for that you must measure your card well so you know where are the potential problems, but I'll mill everything 1.5mm up just the part where ddr and gpu fit on, that way you're free of troubles.
And for LN2, yeah I'm interested in one huge oc. and few test, I will make the containers, just let me know when you're ready

JBELL
08-22-2002, 11:56 AM
morphling - was that done in autocad??

impressive!! I love that prog!

Silversink
08-22-2002, 02:13 PM
Cant wait to see the new one your doing.....going to save both as thats a well done diagram

morphling1
08-23-2002, 04:00 AM
Yep, this was done in Acad, I love this program too, but only for 2d, for 3d modeling I use ProEngineer, and once you draw in parametric 3dmodeling program it's hard to use anything else...
And I'm just few days away of getting myself a new mill, so prepare for some extreme cooling equimpent :D

Malecky
08-23-2002, 05:39 AM
Yeah I gotta get a positive thubs up from the guy thats gonna give me the LN2 and I want to be ready to bench at my best for the test so...

BTW...He works in LEK and you know where that is:D They prolly have some wicked cryo freezers there... it would be a true benching playground lol

They screwed up my GPU blox again...they made me a 6mm inlet dammit...freaks..

Well expect a WC GPU
and CPU from me next week so I willl be close to 2Ghz and a little more on the GPU...