PDA

View Full Version : dose your wireless 360 controller turn off randomly?

zanzabar
12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
dose your wireless 360 controller turn off randomly (actually i pinned it to when the pack moved to not right up against the controller but still locked in), well mine started that today and affter seeing that i was 15 days out of warranty i went poking around looking for a fix.

i didnt find one but the fix is to bend the piece of metal that connects the 2 batteries (actually dry cells but who cares) to make it closer for the back piece were the connection is made when the pack is inserted into the controller. now that may sound confusing but there is a metal piece thats pushed back when u put the pack into the controller and right behind that the metal bends back farther than it should be.

its right behind the red boxed piece, just bend it towards the red boxed piece a little with a flat head watch screwdriver. i dont even understand were this feature came from its worthless IMO

gazmtk
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
First its not genuine! so fitting has a chance of being off, 2nd that hole is for the controller to clip into, holds it centred, and finally buy a genuine recharge kit and you wont have this problem ;)

zanzabar
12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
thats the stock controller pack from a wireless 360 for windows controller that came from microsoft's store or best buy i forgot what one that is, but with energizer nickle metals in it. i hope that its not counter fit as every1 that i know has the same controllers and the same problems with newer ones

and the red box is MSpaint

gazmtk
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Wonder why they got rid of the Genuine Xbox stickers, my originals had Genuine Microsoft stickers on the back.
And I know the Red is MS Paint ;)
I wonder why its there too, it is worthless, it had no real use as it doesnt even connect to the ( - ) or ( + ) but ive never had a controller turn itself off unless it was low on charge.

zanzabar
12-16-2008, 08:53 PM
its on the controller were it clicks in and there was a sticker covering the battery slots that has to be removed, but the problem is on all china ones i think the taiwan ones are much better dont do this and have much smaller or no dead space

gazmtk
12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
ahhhhhhhh good old "made in China" !
all of mine are tight fitting, but I have bought the Charge kits as I hate buying batterys ;)