PDA

View Full Version : KR7A/kx7

Maranello
08-01-2002, 09:47 AM
are there any known problems with the kr7a and the 2200+??

are the kx7 boards being ordered now having problems with the 2200+??

im getting one or the other.... leaning tword the kr7a. since ill be running my 2200+ on it just want to make sure im not missing something :)

TheDude
08-01-2002, 10:04 AM
I think as long as it's unlocked..you should be ok...can't remember how high the multiplier goes...but you're probably going to lower it and jack up FSB anyway. I have an XP1800 in mine. I have heard a lot of good results with the KX7 with unlocked CPU, but I still like my KR7A a lot. I don't know why anyone would not unlock the tbred since it is so easy to do.

Maranello
08-01-2002, 10:08 AM
thanks.... im leaning tword the kr7a cuz i just like it better :) my 2200+ is unlocked now so it shouldnt be a huge problem.

TheDude
08-01-2002, 10:14 AM
hey...you know we are neighbors? You're in butler and I'm in new castle!

Maranello
08-01-2002, 10:15 AM
talk about an omen...lol. i was just on newegg's site before i posted before.... went back to order the board and ***BOOM*** site is down:confused:

Hi neighbor
:D

TheDude
08-01-2002, 11:51 AM
You might want to check the refurbished boards at Newegg..I picked up one for $32 like brand new!

sjohnson
08-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Heh - you hit a sore place with me - I bought a kr7a/133 refurb from da egg.

First one - absolutely no sign of any refurbishing - the board was shipped in a beat-up box, some odds and ends and the big retail AMD XP poster-sized sheet AMD ships with retail CPU's.

The board was DOA, wouldn't post on the bench with known good parts. RMA'd.

It's replacement wasn't much better. Problems included regularly losing CMOS, inability to post above 180, power-cycle required after any BIOS change, unstable even at 133 FSB with components known good to at least 166 (including a new stick of DTL sub'd for an RMA'd CTL).

I started out nice with Newegg RMA staff but had some words with an RMA manager after he told me, in not such nice words, too bad. All I wanted was for Newegg to a) define what they meant by "refurb" and b) try and make it right by me.

IMNSHO, Newegg refurbs aren't.

TheDude
08-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Wow! Was I just lucky then? mine looked brand new..not a scratch on it...just no Cd or manual...runs like a champ. it's the first thing that I have bought from them refurbished.

sjohnson
08-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Newegg has a great rep - for new components.

While I'm glad you got a good'un, I sure didn't. I'm out a lot of time and a few dollars on what turned out to be a refund RMA. $59 shipped minus two RMA shippings plus a $20 credit arm-twisted out of Newegg. I'm waiting to see if the credit card is credited or not, the final RMA went back to them two weeks ago.

Refurbished means more than in one door and out the other to me.