PDA

View Full Version : p5n32-e sli plus + e7200

DementeD
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
alright..since everything is working now i guess ill post the setup and what i have it running at as of right now..
this is only a spare rig so its not that high end and i went with mainly left over parts.
anyway

Asus P5N32-e Sli Plus
E7200 + TT BLue Orb (painted black)
2x1gb OCZ 667
8800gtx(sli coming soon)
3x36gb raptors raid0
1x Sony dvd-rw
Coolermaster 500watt psu
Centurion case

i only worked on the overclock for maybe a total of 15 mins..i started with trying to boot at 3.95 which didnt happen just yet..but i dropped the fsb a little and got 3.8ghz..Orthos it for about 5mins just to see if it was semi stable and no problems..it did get pretty toasty using coretemp newest version but im not to worried about it i doubt itll ever be stressed like that again.. right now im usin 1.44v bios which i may be able to lower but like said i only wasted about 15mins total including the 5mins of orthos
anyway heres the validation

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=461714

Leeghoofd
12-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Show us some clocks man, that would be nice for other P5N32-E SLI users

DementeD
12-12-2008, 08:10 AM
ok..went ahead n posted a lil bit on my clocks so far..i plan to do a little more later on and try for the 3.95ghz using 1666fsb...im not really sure whats holding me back just yet..im trying to remember what my volts were when i overclocked my old e4300 on here a long time ago..anyway ill get more time on it later tonight/tomorrow and might through up a new validation if my heatsink can handle(its just a thermaltake blue orb which isnt the best but it cools the NB/mosfets very well and the memory so its a nice all around..but i also painted it black to look better since i dont plan to use it to break any records so idk if temps will be stellar if i go any higher)

DementeD
12-12-2008, 12:52 PM
updated!