PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all i have a quick question

LC_Nab
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello to all the ppl in XS , as you can see Im a nab in LC xD and so far Ive been doing my research and to be honest i keep learning more stuff everyday that I visit the forums and I love it so far , Any ways back to the question .

Im looking to wc my ram and so fart I have only found the MIPS cooler which its nice but heavy price tag , any one knows if there is another ram water block other than the MIPS ? Im getting DDR 3 and im going to oc it and since im getting two loops , one for the cpu and the block for the Striker II extreme . And the other loop for the sli GTX280 , It should be fine by placing the ram with the CPU loop . I think , if not enlighten me please since im a nab xD . Any ways yeah , Any more water blocks for the ram other than the MIPS one ?

I don't really want to use fans for the ram .

ps: Excuse my English since I don't get to practice it that often in PR xD

Thank You

LC_Nab
12-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I was told they are very restrictive and they are made out of aluminum @_@

cobra_kai
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
From what I have heard DDR3 runs very cool and watercooling it is unnecessary unless you want to watercool everything in your rig from a principles standpoint or an aesthetic standpoint

MomijiTMO
12-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Well I like this one (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/aqcorarawifi.html) even if they are not necessary :D.

Oh yeah you need 2.

LC_Nab
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
mmm it looks nice the one you posted Momiji and yeah Ive heard the same thing that DDR3 runs very cool , But im thinking more as in principles . Thanks for the tips , more would be appreciated Ive seen some water blocks from corsair and ocz unless I have tried to find them but so far no luck .

exe163
12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Alternative to WC is new ram sink or the corsair ram fan.

aspire.comptech
12-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Just use the OCZ or Corsair fan. their basically silent and do a more than excellent job.

Plus $20 is alot easier to swallow

MomijiTMO
12-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah if you want to wc something that is pretty much pointless then do your mosfets and sb.

I don't know why I did them. . . ugh. . . . but it looks cool.

DeanB
12-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I was told they are very restrictive and they are made out of aluminum @_@

There is no aluminum in contact with the liquid in our RAM cooler :).

Zehnsucht
12-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Dean;3486443']There is no aluminum in contact with the liquid in our RAM cooler :).

Well what is then?

Materials: Hydra-Pak, ABS Plastic, Aluminum (Casing)

Hydra-pak doesn't really say that much.

EDIT:

Ahh I get it now. It's some sort of plastic the water passes through.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/ram-35_p5.jpg

Pretty smart. Depending on how flexible the material is, it could also cool the PCB.

So the hydra-pak is attached to the ABS plastic, this is what the water only has contact with?

LeeH
12-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah if you want to wc something that is pretty much pointless then do your mosfets and sb.

I don't know why I did them. . . ugh. . . . but it looks cool.

Ever hear the phrase "in for a penny, in for a pound"? I'll bet that while you were cooling your NB you just figured,"oh, what the hell" . I know that when I extend my wc to the NB I have to remove the ASUS fusion block and will cool that stuff too rather than buy new air cooling for the mosfets.

Waterlogged
12-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I do not, and never have, liked the idea of very thin plastic bags filled with liquid pressed up tightly against some things that can have some very sharp corners or points. :down:

LC_Nab
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah sounds a bit scary , the hydra pack that is . I was thinking about wc since basically I will be mounting a 240 rad on the front of the cosmos S case and a 360 on the inside roof , I was thinking that probably since the fans from the rads will be pulling warm air inside the case (pulls cold air but runs trough the rads and it gets warm ) and 3 fans pulling the air out . I dont know if it will be safe to fan cool or air cool the ram . Reason why im asking all of this .
Thank you so far all of you for your opinions , more would be greatly appreciated .

SNiiPE_DoGG
12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Dean;3486443']There is no aluminum in contact with the liquid in our RAM cooler :).

was there a revision we were never told of?

DeanB
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
was there a revision we were never told of?

No... it was just assumed that aluminum was in contact 'cause it is listed in the materials.

The liquid passes through a bag composed of several layers of different materials. They're actually pretty hard to rip :p:

SNiiPE_DoGG
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
wait, are we talking about the motherboard cooling bag or the ram coolers???

EDIT: just looked at the site, I have never seen those before, they look SICK. I was thinking of the old koolance ram coolers ;)

Eddie3dfx
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I use the aqua computer ramplex, but it's aluminum, so you need an aluminum radiator.

LC_Nab
12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Ram coolers , we where just talking for a moment about the koolance ram block , but back to the ram waterblocks are there more out there ?

LC_Nab
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I use the aqua computer ramplex, but it's aluminum, so you need an aluminum radiator.

Wait but it says that the plates are aluminum but the block it self looks like acrylic , unless the bottom of it its aluminum too which it would suck T_T , Any one else knows is there more ram water blocks out there ? so far MIPS , Koolance , and ramplex .

LC_Nab
12-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Any one knows if these ram wc are still being sold ? http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/rocerocket505/IMG_0941.jpg

Eddie3dfx
12-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Wait but it says that the plates are aluminum but the block it self looks like acrylic , unless the bottom of it its aluminum too which it would suck T_T , Any one else knows is there more ram water blocks out there ? so far MIPS , Koolance , and ramplex .

I would check www.ebay.de (german ebay)
Use babelfish and see if you can find a good deal on used single block mips ram blocks..
might run you only $50-75, otherwise there are zero options in the states that are only copper.
My ramplex are amazing, but I use them specifically with an aluminum radiator.

LC_Nab
12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah I see thank you