PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking My E8400

Thenura
12-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Hello Guyz I have a E8400 C0 and Foxconn MARS .the ram is Kingston 800 mhz 2x1Gb DDR2

I tired to OC the e8400 with all volatages are on stock and only the mem divider is 1:2 . I went the FSB to 360 ..i cant go ahead . i tried changing the DIMM v to 1.935 and then put the mem divider setting to AUTO . then the ram is 837 mhz ./and the cpu is only 360 FSB . All there overclocking were done with the Stock cooler. BTW Xigmatek HDT S1283 Cooler is orderd and it will come soon . so i tried increasing the cpu vcore to 1.25 v . then i got an error:S i didnt tried anything after that . My BIOS is P15 and what to do now to OC the cpu ?

BTW another Q / I cnat use the aegis panal .it wont show me a OC icon to click ,:S

Thanks,

HDCHOPPER
12-06-2008, 03:16 PM
first off welcome to the forum :D

and second list your rig and bios settings

you might want to set defaults cpu speed & clear c mos to start & maybe even change bios to anyone of them them if you want just go back to P15 if you like ... sounds like something isnt correct to start with :shrug:

eye have used 6 different bio's with out any proublums board goes to 500 fsb eazly for me .. eye setteled on the g26 & g28 bios went to g28 justbecause G26 was exellent :up:

Thenura
12-06-2008, 07:24 PM
first off welcome to the forum :D

and second list your rig and bios settings

you might want to set defaults cpu speed & clear c mos to start & maybe even change bios to anyone of them them if you want just go back to P15 if you like ... sounds like something isnt correct to start with :shrug:

eye have used 6 different bio's with out any proublums board goes to 500 fsb eazly for me .. eye setteled on the g26 & g28 bios went to g28 justbecause G26 was exellent :up:

can i use that live update ?what are the other things that i want to change the bios ?

When i click upfate for bios it gives me a q that they cant give warrenty for these issues /

HDCHOPPER
12-06-2008, 08:40 PM
ya thats normal

eye use it all the time never had any problums with it .. it takes a while tho compared to a normal download but it works

Thenura
12-06-2008, 09:26 PM
ya thats normal

eye use it all the time never had any problums with it .. it takes a while tho compared to a normal download but it works

OK .when i click ok in that question in live update ,it will show list of bios s ? and do i need a backup ?of previous one ?

and if a problem came do they RMA ?

and please tell me how is the way its updating it ? it restart the pc ?

EDIT : i searched for new update it detects the P16 :S not G seiris ones

Thenura
12-06-2008, 10:10 PM
and if i change the bios .that aegis panal prob will over ?

EDIT : I updated Aegis panal .but when i open it .this error comes
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1220/capturehy1.jpg

HDCHOPPER
12-06-2008, 11:31 PM
you have to have to of downloaded the bios to your comp and open the ziped folder for live update to find it ... it will be among the items in the drop down menue
the live update utility automacicly back'up during the process
no restarting automaticly if you want you do it aegis isnt part of bios you will have to install it from a download make shuer it for the mars or it wont work use the .14 or .15 aegis panel thay both work for me just fine

also like vga drivers it's best to uninstall (like aegis panel) before you install an different version of aegis panel or if the one your trying isnt working like you said uninstall what you installed and install another try at it or another version

Thenura
12-07-2008, 01:35 AM
hey im gonna use the G30 :D
any tips guyz ?

HDCHOPPER
12-07-2008, 01:55 AM
keep it cool and clock heck out of it :D

Thenura
12-07-2008, 01:58 AM
hey how can i select the downloaded bios in the fox live upd "?
ahh aegis panal solved but it reads wrong cpu vcore .in the bios the cpu vcore is 1.22 v but in this aegis panal its 1.32v

HDCHOPPER
12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
your bios must be opened first then open live updater then double click the bio's you want and bam off it goes :)

which aegis panel did you use ?

Thenura
12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
mm.the bios is .bin file so how can i open it ?
Aegis panal is 1.0.2.15
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3955/captureeo1.jpg

U mean to click that update bios in the pic(local update)? BTW im using vista 32bit

HDCHOPPER
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
ya hit update bios button and your documents will open allowing you to slect which bios you want to install .. as long as you have download them in to your doc. and opened them

aegis download you just need to extract and install ... if you allready have one installed first you need to uninstall it before installing a anothe one

Thenura
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
whooooppiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee .....I did it ....hooraaaaaaaaaaaah

Thanks HDCHOPPER mate ;)

HDCHOPPER
12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
no prob. bro thats what XS is all about :up: