PDA

View Full Version : aquaextreme 50z enough flow?

inspector-71
12-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Due to the amount of power it is consuming and noise/heat, I am planning on shutting down my phase unit and converting my gfx water loop into a full system loop.

System as it stands is a e6400@3.8/1.63v, watercooled 8800gt and p5n-e sli

gfx loop at present is a mcw60 gpu block, t-line, aquaextreme 50z and some secondhand single 120mm rad.

I was thinking of adding a mcr320 rad and a mcw30 chipset block and swiftech storm cpu block that I have hanging around. the rad would be mounted in the top of my v2000 and the pump is currently on the shelf between the compartments. I also have a ek multirez knocking about that I was going to include.

1/2" tygon

so, will the 50z push enough water for me to keep cool? Don't mind dropping the cpu speed/voltz a bit as I am not really using the speed at the moment.

This would be a temporary measure until I get round to buying a new cpu/mobo etc and then I would fire the phase back up and use the rad for the gfx (and possibly chipset)

Levish
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Martins flow estimator says roughly 1.2gpm for all that which should be absolutely fine, you could add a 2nd 320 instead of the 120 rad for better temps

inspector-71
12-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I wasn't planning on leaving the 120 in. Would there be a significant benefit from this? There's no reason why I couldn't leave it there in theory.

Levish
12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
The benefit would be that you would get some lower temps, or at least I believe you'd get lower temps adding more rad than more pump (if lower temps are a concern).

Put it together and check your temps with respect to ambient, i've got roughly 20-25c with a "weaker" setup to give you a idea of what you can expect (with fans on the lowest speed they'll turn on at but they are push/pull and liquid-gasketed to the rad).