PDA

View Full Version : alt to PT nuke ?

X2beach
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
is there anything you can buy at petshop that is simular to PT nuke.. I forgot to get some, and I am starting a new build tommorow

SiGfever
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
is there anything you can buy at petshop that is simular to PT nuke.. I forgot to get some, and I am starting a new build tommorow

Aquarium Algaecide (follow label directions). :up:

VOID WARRANTY
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
you can run your rig for a week till you buy some...i ran my rig for 2 weeks with out any nuke and nothing grew in my loop

X2beach
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
who all sells pt nuke?

safan80
12-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I ran my cpu loop for a year before adding any pt nuke to it and it was fine.

Bojamijams
12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
petrastechshop.com

ncix.com (canada) or ncixus.com if you're in US

Petra
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
petrastechshop.com

ncix.com (canada) or ncixus.com if you're in US

Gary has also bought a bunch of the regular Nuke and Nuke -PHN from us... just never added it to his site :shrug:

X2beach
12-04-2008, 06:07 PM
whats the difference from pt nuke and nuke -phn

alacheesu
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
whats the difference from pt nuke and nuke -phn

Different active ingredients, and the latter is pH neutral.

123456iambelial
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
is -phm better than pt nuke?

da killa
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
is -phn better than pt nuke?

Hey petra can you answer this question? and what about the silver killcoil is that an alternative or can it be used in conjunction with one of these.

Waterlogged
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM

No More Algae made by Jungle. I've used it for almost 3 years now and never had anything grow with it. Go 2-3 drops max for any size loop.

Petra
12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
is -phn better than pt nuke?
I wouldn't necessarily say better, just different--different ingredients, different purposes.

The Nuke -PHN is meant to be used in systems running straight distilled water (since it doesn't drop coolant pH and quite a few chemicals can limit its effectiveness). The Benzalkonium chloride is a very strong broad-spectrum biocide but, as I mentioned, it isn't nearly as foolproof as Copper sulfate when it comes to haphazardly mixing it with other stuff... This is why it isn't a replacement for the old Copper sulfate Nuke.

tajoh111
12-04-2008, 11:10 PM
How is pentosin compared to this stuff. I know pentosin probaly doesn't have as good of thermal properties as distilled water, but I heard nothing can grow in it.

Petra
12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
How is pentosin compared to this stuff. I know pentosin probaly doesn't have as good of thermal properties as distilled water, but I heard nothing can grow in it.

Err, well, Pentosin really isn't meant to be a biocide... It's basically VW/Audi/BMW/Mercedes antifreeze. It does have some biocidal properties which keep some things from growing in it, but certainly not all (then again, there's stuff that is immune to Copper sulfate and stuff that's immune to Benzalkonium chloride... so... yeah... hypochondriacs beware).

zanzabar
12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
and u mix the old and new pt nukes for a super nuke? :D

edit---
there was supposed to be a question mark at the end of that

Petra
12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
and u mix the old and new pt nukes for a super nuke:D

:eh:

I can't actually recall if I've tried that or not... :ROTF:

Conumdrum
12-05-2008, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say better, just different--different ingredients, different purposes.

The Nuke -PHN is meant to be used in systems running straight distilled water (since it doesn't drop coolant pH and quite a few chemicals can limit its effectiveness). The Benzalkonium chloride is a very strong broad-spectrum biocide but, as I mentioned, it isn't nearly as foolproof as Copper sulfate when it comes to haphazardly mixing it with other stuff... This is why it isn't a replacement for the old Copper sulfate Nuke.

Thanks, you don't know how many peeps have been wondering about why you have new stuff (other forums). Could you put something like this on your site that I can link to to help them understand? I am a Dist and PT nuke user, so I learned something today. And will be ordering the new stuff next year when I start over on my i7 rig.

soulesschild
12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
:eh:

I can't actually recall if I've tried that or not... :ROTF:

Wouldn't that be a bad thing? :confused::confused:

zanzabar
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
affter some reading, dont mix -pnh and clasic pt nuke it should make a substrate

also using -phn your putting the active ingredient of spermicidal jelly in your loop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzalkonium_chloride

Cutless009
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
So if I bang a girl and the condom breaks I should just stick my bottle of -phn up her cooch and give it a good squeeze?

T_Flight
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
:rofl: ummmm, no. That mnight kill any "unwanteds" but it might kill her too. She might kill you on her way out too. :D

About mixing stuff. What zanzabar found out is a good lesson. Don't mix things that you don't know what they will make...especially things that have metals in them, or oxidizers...you might just get "smoke on the water" for real! I ain't talkin' about Deep Purple here either. I'm talking about a reaction that will have you yelling out "Oh ____! Oh ____! OH ____!!!" You might even find that the normal ways to put it out won't work like throwing water on it may just spread it, so then try a extinguisher? Nope! Whoa! :eek: It's flaring up! HELLLLP!!!, and by then the Fire dept arrives and asks you "What did you do, while they throw foam on it and everything around it in your house."

Think that's rediculous? It's actually happened before. This world is a big chemistry set. Mix the wrong thing and it will definitely make what you mixed. hahaha :yepp: I've seen some wild stuff before with chemicals man.

soulesschild
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
So straight distilled, use the PHN PT nuke?

Was thinking of PT nuke and some silver coils :) WHENEVER THOSE GET IN STOCK, *HINT HINT* ;)

Cutless009
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
:rofl: ummmm, no. That mnight kill any "unwanteds" but it might kill her too. She might kill you on her way out too. :D

About mixing stuff. What zanzabar found out is a good lesson. Don't mix things that you don't know what they will make...especially things that have metals in them, or oxidizers...you might just get "smoke on the water" for real! I ain't talkin' about Deep Purple here either. I'm talking about a reaction that will have you yelling out "Oh ____! Oh ____! OH ____!!!" You might even find that the normal ways to put it out won't work like throwing water on it may just spread it, so then try a extinguisher? Nope! Whoa! :eek: It's flaring up! HELLLLP!!!, and by then the Fire dept arrives and asks you "What did you do, while they throw foam on it and everything around it in your house."

Think that's rediculous? It's actually happened before. This world is a big chemistry set. Mix the wrong thing and it will definitely make what you mixed. hahaha :yepp: I've seen some wild stuff before with chemicals man.

Apparently cooking a ham on a pizza tray and allowing the juices to pour of the side also starts a huge ass fire :up: Trust me I've done it :p:

And the ham was fine, so was the oven despite my friends idiocy. You can clearly see a big ass fire in the stove, and the idiot walks up to it and OPENS THE :banana::banana::banana::banana:ING DOOR TO THE STOVE. Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana: was he dumb.

P.S. Who cares if it kills her, at least I wont have my life turned upside down by ANOTHER unwanted baby, hell women have given me the right to choose their demise the way they've treated me in the past >> They're all whores at heart I tell you! Succubus's!

Petra
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
also using -phn your putting the active ingredient of spermicidal jelly in your loop
Just one of the chemical's many, many uses.... :rolleyes:

So if I bang a girl and the condom breaks I should just stick my bottle of -phn up her cooch and give it a good squeeze?
Um... don't make me add that to the list of warnings... please?

:rofl: ummmm, no. That mnight kill any "unwanteds" but it might kill her too.
You'd need a higher concentration to cause tissue damage... though, I'd have to look up how much it would take, absorbed through tissues and into the bloodstream, to have any serious ill effects.

zanzabar
12-05-2008, 05:36 PM
why wont u add that, u added dont put the coils in your eyes, there should be dont mix the old and new pt nuke formulas together

• AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES! If contact with eyes occurs... wait, why are you shoving metal coils into your eyes?

Serpentarius
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM
1. get yellow sulfur powder (to avoid snakes during hiking - buyable in hardware/hiking stores)
2. get distilled water (u know where to get it)
3. get some copper wire (pure types / sand them to get rid impurities)
4. boil some sulfter + distilled water = sulfuric acid (H2SO4) (careful)
5. slowly boil the copper wire in the sulfuric acid till the liquid turns Clear BLUE

6. If it's too troublesome, go get PT Nuke or go to diy farming section for some CuSO4

STi489
12-16-2008, 02:16 AM
I have Copper sulfate for my fish tank...think i could just use 2 drops of that vs pt nuke? I feser one in there now.