PDA

View Full Version : Updated Flow Order

cdnbum88
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Have a MCR320 and it is cooling my 9950BE only with the MCP655 pump.

Just ordered a MCR220 and XSPC Razor for my 4870x2 and also a waterblock for the NB.

Here is what I hear is a good flow....

Pump>320>cpu>NB>220>4870>res

Feedback?

cian1500ww
12-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks great, I've always been told that once you have a rad straight after your pump the rest is irrelevant. Whatever's best for tube routing or bleeding after that.

cdnbum88
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I am not looking forward to draining my system for installing the new stuff since I have never done it before.

Any words of wisdom?

Unplugged the resevoir into a bucket and it will all flow out? Then get a funnel and fill it back in again? This fluid is less then a month old.

cian1500ww
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I am not looking forward to draining my system for installing the new stuff since I have never done it before.

Any words of wisdom?

Unplugged the resevoir into a bucket and it will all flow out? Then get a funnel and fill it back in again? This fluid is less then a month old.
Try to disconnect the fitting thats the lowest and gravity should do the rest.

Polizei
12-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Looks great, I've always been told that once you have a rad straight after your pump the rest is irrelevant. Whatever's best for tube routing or bleeding after that.

Reservoir before pump and after that, nothing else matters.

The water temperature will even out after a short time seeing as it is a closed cooling loop. Water entering a block will not be much cooler than the water exiting the same block. Water leaving a rad will not be much cooler than the water entering it. When I say "not much," I mean maybe 0.2c and that is on HIGH loads.

In short, as long as you put the reservoir immediately before the pump, route the rest of it such that your tubing runs are as short as possible. Ignore what some say about radiator after the pump... unless you're running some massive AC pump that dumps 400w of heat into the loop, don't worry about it. A pump will dump as much heat into a loop as a southbridge or something similar... close to 15w. Keep in mind your CPU will dump about 150w and each GPU can do 200w.