PDA

View Full Version : need replacement fan screws for Thermochill

quattro_
12-04-2008, 10:36 AM
im looking for:
# Screw for mounting fan to case (screw thru case into fan)
# Screw for mounting fan to radiator (screw thru fan into rad)

look here, scroll down the page :
http://www.thermochill.com/acatalog/thermochill_accessories.html

anyone knows where can i find this in the US ?

Waterlogged
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
im looking for:
# Screw for mounting fan to case (screw thru case into fan)
# Screw for mounting fan to radiator (screw thru fan into rad)

look here, scroll down the page :
http://www.thermochill.com/acatalog/thermochill_accessories.html

anyone knows where can i find this in the US ?

Did you check the box like jabtech said to in your other topic?

quattro_
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
the box is empty i checked and double checked !

doox00
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a swiftech radiator, 6-32 screws are what worked for me.. to go through the fan and screw into the rad.

septim
12-04-2008, 09:00 PM
i would suggest tapping said screw holes to the size you'd want... so as to be consistent all around... most of us use 6-32 hand tap and 6-32 screw with desired length to screw the case-fan-rad or case-rad then fan-rad...

the usual lengths would be 1/2inch or 3/4 if doing case - rad or grill-case-rad
or 1 1/2 if doing fan-rad...
up to 2 or 3inches depending on the different things you'd want to sandwich...

quattro_
12-04-2008, 10:42 PM
thanks for your input guys ill keep you posted, and btw i just received 3x TFC Xtender 120mm Radiator Shroud and both sets of screws:
4 x M3 / 65mm Pan head Screws
4 x M4 / 65mm Pan head Screws
will not fit one is smaller and the other is bigger !

philbrown23
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
as wa said the best thing with tc rads is hand taping, the screws that came with my tc rads were not great anyway

Petra
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
...and if you're too cheap/lazy to tap your TC radiator (like me), then you could always just pick up some #6 sheet metal screws. Can't recall what size the shroud attachment screws are, though.

SaiNRuB
12-05-2008, 01:03 AM
He quattro, the length of screws provided with the mounting hardware is 65mm which would be a lil over 2 1/2". Petra stated the TC rad officially uses #6 Sheet Metal Screws which it does indeed use.

I cant find anything at mcmaster carr in this length. The only suggestion is to mount through the bottom tab of the fan through the shroud into the radiator. In this instance you would need 30mm of clearance for the shroud and then the silicone pad which is proabably around 2mm our so thick. So now this raises another problem since these sheet metal screws are sold in increments of 1/4". Your choices would be either 1 1/4" (might be to short) our 1 1/2" length (might be to long) #6 screws. I dont know how you plan on installing your radiator but you are going to be very limited with your options. I would take these guys advice and retap your radiator to 6/32 if you really want to run those TFC Shrouds on the TC.

Petra
12-05-2008, 01:21 AM
He quattro, the length of screws provided with the mounting hardware is 65mm which would be a lil over 2 1/2". Petra stated the swiftech rad officially uses #6 Sheet Metal Screws which it does indeed use.

Nonononono... I'm talking Thermochill.

6-32 machine screws work well with Swiftech radiators, not #6 sheet metal screws.

SaiNRuB
12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Nonononono... I'm talking Thermochill.

6-32 machine screws work well with Swiftech radiators, not #6 sheet metal screws.

I meant to say thermochill, dont know why i wrote swiftech. When it comes to swiftys id recommend M3.5 though, socket cap if you will. :)

Petra
12-05-2008, 01:37 AM
When it comes to swiftys id recommend M3.5 though, socket cap if you will. :)

Interesting... I know that Swiftech states that their radiators are tapped in M3.5 but every M3.5 screw that I've tried seems to bind, while 6-32 screws work fine. :shrug:

SaiNRuB
12-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Interesting... I know that Swiftech states that their radiators are tapped in M3.5 but every M3.5 screw that I've tried seems to bind, while 6-32 screws work fine. :shrug:

I remember something about the older swiftech rads used to be tapped for 6-32 but switched over to M3.5 in the last 16 months our so? Im sure someone here knows the deal with that better than my understanding.

Edit: I have a MCR120-QP Res that uses 6/32. I forgot i had it and fiddled around to see what mounting hardware i could use on it just now. 6-32 is the official hardware but these #6 sheet metal screws seem to work pretty good also.

Cutless009
12-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Just verifying that 6-32 is what screws into thermochill, and as well into my HWLabs rads. Im using 2" screws for radgrill/mesh/case/32mmfan/rad

septim
12-05-2008, 05:49 AM
andy it'll depend on what other stuff is inbetween, like some grommets or silicon what nots...