PDA

View Full Version : What blocks in what part of a dual loop?

Henrik Pejer
12-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi guys,

I hope you guys can help me figure this out or give me a good starting point.

I have planned for a dual loop in my case and these are the w/c parts:

Ek Supreme
EK Nb
Ek Sb
3x EK 280 GPU block
Ek mosfets x 2
2x DDC 3.2 18 watt
2x pa120.3
6x san ace fans (3/rad in push)

I'll be using this for gaming (oh really? ;) ) and when it comes to overclocking my primary goal is to overclock the CPU. I have a QE9770 and my plan is to go from 3.2 to 4 or 4.5 Ghz if possible. Higher would be nice, but since this is my first time overclocking I bet I won't reach 4 Ghz. If the GPU-loop would allow it, I'll look into overclocking GPU aswell.

My first plan was to have one GPU-loop (280 blocks) and one motherboard loop (supreme, nb,sb and mosfets). After reading some more, mostly here on XS, I realize that the Supreme most likely should be in it's own loop so I'm able to get the best temps out of the CPU.

So basicly: would one loop with nb, sb, mosfets and 3 GPU-blocks be too much? Both loops will have one DDC and one 120.3 rad.

Thanks for your time and I'm glad for all the help I can get.

Russ_64
12-04-2008, 05:03 AM
IMHO it would be best to keep the CPU and GPUs on separate loops, where you put the rest won't make a big difference. I would go for what works in terms of practicality plumbing wise - my rule is to try and minimise tube lenghts but avoid any 90 degree bends or T's.

Henrik Pejer
12-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Russ_64, very kind to answer!

I do realize that tube length, 90's, T's and such do affect the flow but I imagine that the blocks affect the flow more, generally speaking.

Polizei
12-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd probably do CPU, MOSFETs, and the NB on one loop, and then the GPUs and SB on the other. Why? Because the SB is right by the GPUs and the rest is all clustered near the CPU... tubing runs would be kept short provided you route it so it won't kink.

Henrik Pejer
12-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.