PDA

View Full Version : Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're a Fool if You Believe Them

Logos
12-03-2008, 08:57 AM
iphone browsing XD

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/apple-says-cust.html
http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+in+Court+Case+No+Reasonable+Person+Would+Bel ieve+Our+Ads/article13583.htm

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/9785_steve_jobs_psych.jpg

Shaggy
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I check for new TV ads every so often because I find them amusing.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

dinos22
12-03-2008, 06:45 PM
old man golddigging perhaps lol

70-year-old San Diego resident who alleges that Apple falsely advertised the iPhone 3G by calling it "twice as fast for half the price" compared with the original handset.

nullface
12-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Bah i hate apple so much, and they'r image even more!

YukonTrooper
12-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Loved those articles. I like the part about Apple users being snobs.

Omastar
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Twice as fast at half the price? Blow me, Steve. 3G support is STILL broken, and show me some objective mobile benchmarks showing the iPhone Rev. 2 is consistently faster than the original iPhone.

tiro_uspsss
12-04-2008, 05:31 AM
I cant believe their arrogance :mad:

I swear I'll never buy an apple product - ever! :yepp:

Logos
12-04-2008, 05:46 AM
see what I just posted here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3473400&postcount=59

Ket
12-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Apple have always been full of BS. People who actually think whats in any ad is true are extremely gullible and deserve to be taken for a ride for a much needed reality check.

crash5s
12-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll stick with my blackberry. And I'm glad my company decided to say no to the iphone so when dolts buy them and ask for help we can tell them to :banana::banana::banana::banana: off.

Omastar
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Nokia N97 > trends.

Moonraker™
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I work in mobile phone repairs, and trust me, for what is sold, we have far too many coming back broken. Multiple reasons, but mainly crackled LCD's.

The iPhone is not worth it at all. Whilst I think the touch screen is decent compared to what is out there, no doubt of that, but it's far to prone to cracks and complete smashes.

Sure insurance helps, sure the £15 plastic sheet covers you can buy help, but just not worth it.

I'll stick with my N95 8GB. It does all i want bar piss for me.

LudLud
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I work in mobile phone repairs, and trust me, for what is sold, we have far too many coming back broken. Multiple reasons, but mainly crackled LCD's.

The iPhone is not worth it at all. Whilst I think the touch screen is decent compared to what is out there, no doubt of that, but it's far to prone to cracks and complete smashes.

Sure insurance helps, sure the £15 plastic sheet covers you can buy help, but just not worth it.

I'll stick with my N95 8GB. It does all i want bar piss for me.

gonna have to agree with you :) i got a n95 as well, i dropped it about 10 steps, concrete steps too, the thing only got a few scratches... i was surprised
the n95 sure has a lot of features too :)

Hypediss
12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
interesting read ... and i regret on getting an iphone this thing is a piece of crap :T really wanting to get rid of it for a proper smartphone once again...

B.E.E.F.
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Apple have always been full of BS. People who actually think whats in any ad is true are extremely gullible and deserve to be taken for a ride for a much needed reality check.

No one makes a GUI like Apple does. Their products are convenient to use, and so very shiny. Probably they sell so well.

On the other hand their practices of wanting to control every aspect of the hardware, including what you can and cannot plug it into, and interface with is disturbing. And the downward spiral of quality control. Anybody remember the 'millions of colors' lawsuit awhile ago? Some photographers sued apple because their 'millions of colors' lcds actually display ~200,000 colors poorly dithered to give the impression of more color.

Loser777
12-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Meh, this will have little real impact... Apple still has the some of the best PR of all the tech companies out there. That's not to say I like form over functionality... if DOS 6.2 could run all of my current programs/drivers and have Quad-Core support I would totally be running it right now.

Serpentarius
12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're a Fool if You Believe Them

how irresponsible of them to say such a thing (although advertisements are meant mislead)

noinimod
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
lol what a dumb move, biting the hand that feeds them. Well, not that it matters. The diehard apple fanboys will still be loyal dogs

Scubar
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Who buys apple products anyway ? they are all rubbish over marketed junk that have better counterparts anyway.

noinimod
12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Who buys apple products anyway ? they are all rubbish over marketed junk that have better counterparts anyway.
woah relax. i hate apple but i still use an ipod cos its just too ez to use :p:

XS_Rich
12-10-2008, 12:35 AM

I have a macbook.

It looks nice in my living room, I can browse the net wirelessly from my sofa within 3 second of opening the lid and it doesn't melt my crotch.

Wesker
12-10-2008, 02:31 AM
I have a macbook.

It looks nice in my living room, I can browse the net wirelessly from my sofa within 3 second of opening the lid and it doesn't melt my crotch.

I can do the same with my Eee PC 1000, and it only cost me a fraction of a macbook. :P

XS_Rich
12-10-2008, 02:51 AM
I can do the same with my Eee PC 1000, and it only cost me a fraction of a macbook. :P

Horses for courses. I wanted a 13.3" (1280x800) screen, and thought I'd best see what the fuss was about on the 'dark side'. In this country at least (and at the time), it wasn't massively more expensive than a similarly specced non-mac notebook.

I've also got a 7" eeePC kicking about for other stuff :D

VOID WARRANTY
12-10-2008, 03:17 AM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/apple-vs-ms.png

Ket
12-10-2008, 08:48 AM
^ lol :D

luie
12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
^ lol :D

lol

The0men
12-30-2008, 03:25 AM
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/apple-vs-ms.png

Thats gold

My GF has the 3G iPhone, only because she didn't have to pay for it.

I actually do like the touch screen, and the GUI is nice to use, it still is even working.

BUT apple refuse to let anything slip, and they refuse to make anything else compatible.

We can't send and recieve bluetooth on it (which is one of the best things on a phone), the only apps or other hardware you can use are from apple. She cant even send and receive MMS... WTF APPLE!!! :horse:

Shaz
01-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Isn't that all something to do with DRM?

CodeNinja
01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
I dunno, I have a 3G iPhone and love it. Of course, it's jailbroken, so I can install all sorts of non-Apple things on it. It also didn't require any work to get my company email on it, just set the exchange server settings to the same as those on my workstation, and viola, instant email and meeting data. I noticed that 3G isn't as fast as they make it seem, but I was aware of that before I got it, and find it to be acceptable for most things. Heck I was using it in Lowes yesterday to look up information on a product that the sales people didn't have. It's pretty quick on my home wireless, though, and makes an acceptable platform for games when your standing in line.

However, I'd never buy a MAC computer. Sure, they are works of art, and work fine from what I've seen... and let's be honest the fact that the laptop chassis is machined from block of aluminum is just cool. But I can't bring myself to spend a $400+ premium for that.

Mungri
02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Besides the touch screen and the UI, the Iphone is too overpriced for its basic phone features. Sure, you get a nice web browser, Ipod, calling and texting thrown in, but:

- No copy paste! (WTH my cheapy cheap SE T700 has copy paste and I use it all the time when web browsing).

- Lame camera, no video recording (My cheapo phone is better with 3.2 MP camera)

- No MMS (my cheap phone has it and I get free MMS use anywhere in Europe out of my monthly allowance)

No full bluetooth (Also found in my T700 and I connect it to my PC and use my phone as a media centre remote).

- No removable battery or expandable memory (I have an 8 Gb memory card and great mega bass for my music).

And there might be other shortcomings, but those are the features I have grown to use. So while the Iphone has a great UI, mobile internet and touch screen, it is seriously lacking the more basic functions that just about every other phone uses.

My upgrade is due in March, and I am looking at getting the upcoming LG KM900 arena touch screen windows mobile smartphone. It kind of does everything that the Iphone does, plus all the features listed above, 7.2 Mbps internet, and a 5 Mpix camera with DVD quality video recording.

I heard from CS on my network that they are getting it by the end of the month, it looks like the most up to date and compact smartphone available with all the top features currently available.