PDA

View Full Version : Black Pearl and Others

Carbon
11-30-2008, 10:49 PM
I can't seem to settle on a case. Initially I thought I would be fine to spend $300-$400 on an awesome case, knowing I would be using it for some time. Then I decided to look for something nice in the $130-$180 range, like the HAF 932 and P182. I still think both are good cases (although the 932 might be better?) but I'm reconsidering--again.

Before you tell me to start searching this forum and browsing threads, just know that I have been :). I'm not new to forums, just this one. Actually I've been hanging around here for a little while, I just haven't posted.

I won't need a ton of room for H2O, which I plan on going, but I don't want a tiny case either. Like I mentioned, I've been looking at the mid-range Antec P182 and CM HAF 932. Now a couple of cases beyond that have caught my eye, as I'm starting to like the idea of H2O more and more. For example, Tagan's Black Pearl (http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=24802&vpn=BLACKPEARL%2F10070&manufacture=Tagan%20Technology) looks fairly nice. A lot of the LL cases are beauties, but I can't seem to navigate between that that well.

If you could make some comments on the cases I've listed and some others that you have found awesome I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys :).

chouchou
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
If you want room, and want h20, id definitely reccomend the CM Haf 932 if your aiming at a mid-range ~200$ case. If you can shell out 400+, the TJ07 and VARIOUS LL cases are GREAT for water cooling. I myself have a Tj07 and let me just tell you the potential in that thing is limitless.

good luck!

Carbon
11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Are there some good LL cases from $200 to $300 that I ought to consider? The 1010 looks fairly nice, and decently priced, but I'm not as crazy about it as I am some others. And yes, the Tj07 is quite something. I just read a review and did some picture hunting on that one. Not sure I want to spend that much though!

MomijiTMO
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I have a 2010 [now] and it's stunning. However I do agree with a point GAR made ages ago that a case is something nice to have but paying double and sometimes triple for nicer looks isn't really the greatest spending of cash.

pcaddict
12-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Lian li PC-P80/60 are great cases if you want good airflow.. And of cource TJ07 is good choice but price is insane :D

inCore
12-01-2008, 06:24 AM
If you want internal water cooling, a P182 is probably not for you, unless you feel like modding it. Even then you can only fit a double radiator and possibly also a single.