PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a P06 bios for Black Ops?

Wotcher
11-27-2008, 11:41 PM
With the arrival of Nehalem / Bloodrage etc I was wondering if there will ever be a P06 bios release for Black Ops.

One request I would have if there is a P06 is a revised memory voltage selectable table.

My specific case is that my DIMMS are rated at 1.7V yet in the P05 and G30 bios I only have the option of 1.686V or 1.725V

I'm not exactly afraid to run 1.725V but I would like to see what stability and clocks come with a 1.7V option. 1333MHz at PL8 (FSB 500MHz) may be stable with 1.70V instead of 1.725V yes? lol

Hopefully we Black Ops owners won't be "last years model"

saaya?

TIA

:toast:

RAYTTK
11-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I second this request. I would love to see the auto - default memory timings being on display in the next bios too this would make life so much better.

Broken
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Also, since G30 was out after P05, and G30 has the fix for 4870X2's and no one at Foxconn will give support for G30 as it is a beta.......... Might be nice to release an official with this.....

Even though I finally figured out my stability problem, kind of sucks to get an e-mail back that said we don't support G30.

TheGanG
11-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Helloooooo...hellooooooooooo... need a new official bios plz..

gregor1230
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
It`s a pity that Foxconn has realy bad support with BIOS :(. MSI is really much better in this case.

TheGanG
11-29-2008, 02:55 AM
It`s a pity that Foxconn has realy bad support with BIOS :(. MSI is really much better in this case.

MSi's fatal BIOS results? :cool:

quake6
11-29-2008, 03:28 AM

Are you serious??? Foxconn have the best support of every mbo manufacture. Why is there need for new,P6 bios? G30 and P05 are excellent,don't have single problem with them...

TheGanG
11-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Foxconn have the best support of every mbo manufacture.
Yes i agree...

Why is there need for new,P6 bios? G30 and P05 are excellent,don't have single problem with them...
G30? Sure, pretty good but people innocently wants an official BIOS, that's all...

Sailindawg
11-29-2008, 04:06 AM
A P06 official could also have the fix for the 45 nm cpu VTT default voltage. Saaya had said that a G32 BIOS would come out that would properly set the VTT to 1.2 for 45 nm. G32 could = P06. But since Saaya has let us all know about the 45 nm VTT voltage, Foxconn may believe that we are all set for the time being. I really only see one more BIOS for this board. Foxconn has supported this board well.

Wotcher
11-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Are you serious??? Foxconn have the best support of every mbo manufacture. Why is there need for new,P6 bios? G30 and P05 are excellent,don't have single problem with them...I find that there is "something" not quite right with the P30, I was having stability issues which I believe are memory strap based with settings that run perfectly with the P05 bios. As I stated in the op I would also like to see a revision of the memory voltage table to allow selection of 1.7V which is the spec for my modules, the current increments allow 1.686 and 1.725 only. Whilst 1.725 is not a major overvolt it is still outside of manufacturers spec.

A P06 official could also have the fix for the 45 nm cpu VTT default voltage. Saaya had said that a G32 BIOS would come out that would properly set the VTT to 1.2 for 45 nm. G32 could = P06. But since Saaya has let us all know about the 45 nm VTT voltage, Foxconn may believe that we are all set for the time being. I really only see one more BIOS for this board. Foxconn has supported this board well. Another valid point, I would have suspected that with two beta bios' we would receive one last official release, hopefully P06 could be a roundup of all of the above.

Hopefully saaya will reply.

:up:

Sailindawg
11-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Whilst 1.725 is not a major overvolt it is still outside of manufacturers spec.

That's not bad at all. You are not really over volting your RAM at 1.725V. BOp's, on P05 BIOS seems to overvolt ~0.05V when reading the values in the BIOS. I have not measured volts with a DMM to compare. You could probably lower to 1.686 V and still have 1.7V, if your board behaves the same. If not stable, then 1.72xV is fine. Unless your are running >2.0V on a daily basis, you should be fine.

Be sweet if Foxconn could put voltatge measuring points on the side of the board as ASUS did on the RE X58 board. Make it real easy to know what voltage you were truly running.

Broken
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
So X58 is out and X48 takes a back seat?
:shrug:

;)

Wotcher
12-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Sadly it appears this may well be the case.

saxile
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I haven't even seen Saaya post here in a while myself, which leads me to think that the blackops is dead in all of foxconn's eyes. Pretty sad if you ask me, 300 dollar board not even a year old and is dead. Granted the board is pretty solid and most glitches have been fixed in beta bios, but a lot is left desired for it to be the overclocking dream board it was ment to be.

Broken
12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, seriously thinking about the EVGA X58 over the Bloodrage due to this, and apparently they still think using aluminum for the nb top is still cool, and no threaded barbs. I am sorry, but not going to go through the buy an aftermarket top again when it would have been simpler to do it right in the first place....

Bloadrage board is much better looking, but as of right now, that is the only thing better.

saxile
12-04-2008, 06:58 PM
yup, sad state of afairs right now, Foxconn/QF had something good going on, but if they act like someone with A.D.D. then need to go else where for a product that doesn't lose company's interest in a few months. Even Saaya promised that G33 bios and P06 bios would be out in a few weeks a month or two ago now.

HDCHOPPER
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
bet he's busy with all the show right now vegas is just over

TheGanG
12-05-2008, 12:59 AM
bet he's busy with all the show right now vegas is just over

If u promise a bios, that's serious. If he comes later and tells; "here i am, what the hell you all talk about?" will not be a good way...

quake6
12-05-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't know why are you making this a big deal?? I don't have a single bug with G30 and I'm changing quite a lot of HW and using it on BO... And about BIOS,foxconn have much better support than the other and I hope it will continue with this...

Also about aluminum nb top. Read this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195880)...
And saaya isn't in foxconn so that he can sit on a chair and write on a forum...

TheGanG
12-05-2008, 03:37 AM
I don't know why are you making this a big deal?? I don't have a single bug with G30 and I'm changing quite a lot of HW and using it on BO... And about BIOS,foxconn have much better support than the other and I hope it will continue with this...

Also about aluminum nb top. Read this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195880)...

İt's just people's choice making it a big deal or unessential. "Unofficial" is a bug itself. And aluminum nb top; hell yes, liquid corrodes no matter which brand... Here XS, people can not even tolerate "copper and aluminum" together in a sentence :D So u get into big trouble bro...

And saaya isn't in foxconn so that he can sit on a chair and write on a forum...

Well, he's a nice guy, he's just promised a new bios, that's all.

cadaveca
12-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Yes, we really need an offical bios with HD4870x2 support.

I'm still have a few issues in this regard, and G30 is VERY buggy with my set-up. G31, G32, and G33 don't fix the issues either...P05 clocks far better than teh G's.

quake6
12-06-2008, 01:59 AM
With P05 I cant even boot on 570MHz,with G30 it is STABLE at 570... And I'm having much better stability with beta bios than public

cadaveca
12-06-2008, 07:00 AM
We've probably got ram based on different ICs, and hence the difference.

Broken
12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
So has Saaya gone the way of Shamino or what? Usually he comes on here and helps out in threads. Would be nice to hear something on a new bios, if there is going to be one....

Wotcher
12-21-2008, 12:41 AM
It has been a while since he has posted I must admit but we don't know what is going on in his part of the world, hopefully it is all good and he has just been too busy to post.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear something as he is top of the line for product support imho and with the X58 releases were are technically "last years model" but I'm sure support will be forth coming if possible.

Until we hear from the man himself it is all just speculation.

Sailindawg
12-21-2008, 05:04 AM
@cadaveca

What IC's does your RAM sticks use? Are they Micron based? Also, with the 30's BIOS are you using 2x1G or 2x2G sticks?

cadaveca
12-21-2008, 07:53 AM
I use HCF0, and 4x1gb sticks.

jolliffee
12-27-2008, 01:34 AM
A guess the Blackops has been left out in the cold this Christmas - No new BIOS as a prezzy!

RAYTTK
01-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I always wanted to update to G32 bios but I use raid o, So I didnt want to risk loosing my OS, So I have been waiting for G33 very quietly & patiently, Yet:shakes:

Broken
01-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Well, since anyone in the know has avoided the topic of new BO bios like the plague, I would imagine you have a long wait. All the limelight is on the X58 boards so our unwanted step child board is ignored.

RAYTTK
01-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Saaya, Kick some Bios engineers ass man, It was October the 22nd when you said
mhhh i think 2 weeks? hopefully less...
For the G33 release. We know your rockin on the X58 scene, But don't forget the Black Ops Players

tinus
01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Saaya, Kick some Bios engineers ass man, It was October the 22nd when you said For the G33 release. We know your rockin on the X58 scene, But don't forget the Black Ops Players

Please, don't forget the Black Ops Players

nikoscbr
01-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Saaya, Kick some Bios engineers ass man, It was October the 22nd when you said For the G33 release. We know your rockin on the X58 scene, But don't forget the Black Ops Players

i agree.nearly 2 months have past and still no new bios for Blackops.
Saaya,we know you're busy for the Bloodrage but please don't forget the Blackops users.we do need a better bios.:yepp:

saxile
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Hell, would be nice if we just got a nope in our eyes blackops is dead, but I guess that would be to much trouble for Saaya to do even when he posts all around this thread.

Broken
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Hell, would be nice if we just got a nope in our eyes blackops is dead, but I guess that would be to much trouble for Saaya to do even when he posts all around this thread.

Think we have our answer? I mean come on, why do we need an official bios that supports 2x 4870X2's when we have an unsupported bios that does???? Just because Foxconn won't support you if you have a problem shouldn't deter you at all right?
:shakes:

Who are we to gripe? We are just end users. What do we know. Is Foxconn affiliated with Apple?
:rofl:

saxile
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
plus not to forget, what if someone that doesn't know about the beta bios (or xs for that matter) purchased this board and a couple 4870x2's for a high end 775 rig, they are S.O.L. because of foxconn's lack of support.

Broken
01-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Guess they would be SOL. Although I would imagine that they would readily show them where the unsupported beta bios could be downloaded at.

BTW, I see a certain someone in the know has posted recently in a *gasp* X58 thread. I could man up and PM said person but it is more fun sometimes to skulk in a corner and through poop and lament my misfortunes.

Wotcher
01-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Honestly guys, cut the man some slack.

If you're going to degrade my thread into a slandering match I'll pm someone to get it closed.

They have a product launch happening, I'm sure we'll get a bios in due course.

Patience is a virtue.

;)

Broken
01-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Wow sorry if my humor isn't to your liking. Will not post anything negative whatsoever about a 2 month overdue bios in your thread again.

I mean, the nerve of my self and others........ Just ungrateful!
:D

Wotcher
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
lmao. I agree with you to a point that the bios is overdue and there has been little communication of late but the X58 product launch was always going to take precedence over Black Ops support until any initial release bugs are ironed out. The owners of Blood Rage are now receiving the support we were so impressed with.

Add to that the fact that maybe I did miss the humour in your post on first read and I will concur with your reply.

Back to the lower decks you ungrateful cur!

:D

HDCHOPPER
01-05-2009, 02:53 PM
lmao Wotcher :rofl:
yes it is hard to get enginers to do 5 things at once all things come to those who wait

DWade
01-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Well I like blackops board but am a bit unimpressed with the support of it. I barely just got it recently though for $119 and can't complain, I guess you get what you pay for. I think the lack of support for this board is probably a marketing strategy so that you guys will go out and buy a bloodrage. But it makes you think why would anyone go buy a bloodrage with the current lack of support for their previous boards. If anything, good support will make you want to go out and buy a bloodrage board.

Any who...I got a question...which is the best bios to use on the blackops x48? I might plan on getting a
4870x2...which bios supports running a 4870x2? And if I use the bios that allows me to run a 4870x2 does that mean I can't run raid as mentioned above?

Broken
01-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Well I like blackops board but am a bit unimpressed with the support of it. I barely just got it recently though for $119 and can't complain, I guess you get what you pay for. I think the lack of support for this board is probably a marketing strategy so that you guys will go out and buy a bloodrage. But it makes you think why would anyone go buy a bloodrage with the current lack of support for their previous boards. If anything, good support will make you want to go out and buy a bloodrage board.

Any who...I got a question...which is the best bios to use on the blackops x48? I might plan on getting a
4870x2...which bios supports running a 4870x2? And if I use the bios that allows me to run a 4870x2 does that mean I can't run raid as mentioned above?

Really, support has been good up until the last couple months... Running one 4870X2 should be no problem on any newer bios. I don't really notice much difference between G30 and P05. Where there is an issue is with two 4870X2's and the only bios that works is the beta G30. G32 was a nightmare if you use Raid. Stick with either G30 or P05. :up:

RAYTTK
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I have used G28 for about 4 months with no problems , I recently changed to G30 but I didnt like the way it defaults your ram to 2T & my volts were higher for the same clocks so I changed to G29 but Im having BSOD problems Now so Im not sure right now. I would search the forum for 4870x2 & you should get a few comments from 4870 users

Nosfer@tu
01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Bump for massive issues with a super 4870x2.

Please prioritise us as customers.
I have now spent 2 hours on this issue!

I cant even find G31 or G32 or G33 on Quality force website.

G32 is here.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204938&

saxile
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
g30 is the best, do a search here for foxkey it has everything needed already to go.

Wotcher
02-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Bumpity bump bump

Any word on P06 or are we Black Ops owners to be forgotten with the advent of Bloodrage?

I realise the new board/chipset would require a concentration of resources to address "bugs" which are apparent in every new release but I would have thought there would have been some response by now with regard to the Black Ops bios

Any info you could post would at the very least keep the masses informed.

I was truely impressed with the support you have provided to date for this board but I'm currently feeling somewhat "abandoned" with the lack of recent input.

Cheers

saxile
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Well Saaya is MIA currently although he stated he put a push in for it about a month ago, but I doubt we'll ever see it. Don't matter much to me anymore, I'm headed to am3 soon as the new Am3 x4 is released, prolly pick up an asus or gigabyte board.

Sailindawg
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Any word on P06 or are we Black Ops owners to be forgotten with the advent of Bloodrage?

I realise the new board/chipset would require a concentration of resources to address "bugs" which are apparent in every new release but I would have thought there would have been some response by now with regard to the Black Ops bios

I was truely impressed with the support you have provided to date for this board but I'm currently feeling somewhat "abandoned" with the lack of recent input.

Cheers

We probably won't see much more. The P05 seems to be an all around BIOS that's stable for pretty much all uses. The last G3x did not play well with onboard RAID. Who knows. I would like another BIOS that would be tweaked for getting max bandwidth from RAM. The Tref settings seem limited. I have used Memset to reset Tref. No settings in the BIOS gave me as much bandwidth as the Memset setting. They did support this board well for the 6 months or so before x58.

saaya
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Cheers

well im not a bios coder :P
all i can do is forward the complaints and requests, and thats what i did.
supposedly there already is a new BlackOps bios and its getting validated now, and theres a new Mars bios comming too :)
as soon as i get it ill let you know :toast:

Wotcher
02-09-2009, 12:04 AM
supposedly there already is a new BlackOps bios and its getting validated now :)
as soon as i get it ill let you know :toast:Thanks for taking the time out to reply and that is good news indeed that the new bios is imminent.

Cheers,

ragingclue
02-19-2009, 09:06 AM
I wonder when this will be out.... Not that there's really anything wrong with the one I'm running now.... (G30, I think)

I had P05 earlier, don't remember where I got it from, but I noticed it's not on the Foxconn site.... Am I just blind, or was it removed for a reason? The newest official BIOS I can find at Quantum Force is P04

RAYTTK
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I was told by a UK Foxconn Employee that the new Black Ops Bios has been tested extensively & will be released very soon. I dont know who updates the Quantum Force Downloads area but thats where the new bios needs to be posted.

Wotcher
02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I wonder when this will be out.... Not that there's really anything wrong with the one I'm running now.... (G30, I think)

I had P05 earlier, don't remember where I got it from, but I noticed it's not on the Foxconn site.... Am I just blind, or was it removed for a reason? The newest official BIOS I can find at Quantum Force is P04
I've recently gone from P05 to G32 and achieved 4.0GHz oc (E8600) with one vcore setting lower (1.2375 as opposed to 1.25)

The G30 offered a similar result iirc but I decided to try the G32 as I don't run a RAID array, further testing is ongoing (I only flashed on Tuesday Feb 17)

And, I too can only see the P04 as a d/load, where'd P05 go?

Rougequellovero
02-19-2009, 11:54 PM
P05 on Foxconnchannel global:
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx

Wotcher
02-20-2009, 12:59 AM
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspxit is there lol

maybe I need less of this :toast: tonight ???

ragingclue
02-20-2009, 06:15 AM
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx

lol whoops yeah this is where I got it in the first place. I was searching all over Quantum Force and I couldn't find it.... Forgot to check the foxconn website itself.

gregor1230
02-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Guys I found bug in BIOS. When i am using divider 1:1.3 or 1:1.32 I can only raise FSB to 460MHz. Above 460MHz system won`t wake up :(. Using others dividers everything is ok but using procesor like E8200 with mutiplier x8 i would like to set my FSB on 515MHz with memory divider 1:3.2 to reach > 1600 MHz on memories because 1:4 is too much for my OCZ 1600 XMP :(. Can someone check this issue ??

quake6
02-24-2009, 12:31 AM
That is not issue... Only 1:2 and 1:4 are the only divider that can achieve 500MHz FSB and higher

gregor1230
02-24-2009, 12:42 AM
That is not issue... Only 1:2 and 1:4 are the only divider that can achieve 500MHz FSB and higher

Hmmm so there is no chance to make 1:3.2 divider working ?? There are some technical problems of X48 chipset ?? Please develope your opinion ;).

Like one of users said http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Aju6XZk4uGIJ:www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D190667+divider+1:3.2+and+high +fsb&hl=pl&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=pl

TheGanG
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
That's why i have 1800 MHz Kingston Hyperx and looking for high end 2000 MHz dimms now :)

gregor1230
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
DDR3 are realy expensive in Poland ;) so it would be nice to make 1:3.2 divider working.

Wotcher
02-24-2009, 11:59 PM

I'm using 1:2.655 at 500MHz FSB

Kingston HyperX PC3 11000 (1066MHz) at 1333MHz

That's why i have 1800 MHz Kingston Hyperx and looking for high end 2000 MHz dimms now :)
I'm thinking of the 1625MHz HyperX instead, 2000MHz modules are now cost prohibitive with the Australian dollar in the gutter.

ragingclue
03-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm having the same problem with FSB holes in those dividers. Seems to be a common problem, although it seems there's proof that it'll run well above and beyond 500Mhz in all.... Just probably not on air 24/7.

Any update on when to expect the bios?

Broken
03-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Never.....
:rolleyes:

saxile
03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Never.....
:rolleyes:

Nah, I think it should be out by April 3009

Broken
03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Someone is living in a dream world...
:rofl::ROTF:

In all seriousness, this is the biggest reason I went with an EVGA X58 vs Bloodrage. The fact that they can't seem to put out an official bios to fix a simple issue as support for 2 4870X2's when the rest of the industry had no issues doesn't speak well of Foxconn's support team. Yeah there is a beta bios that fixes the issue (beta, no official support), yeah they are working on their new bread and butter making it work better. But what happens next time when the next big board is released? They going to leave Blood Rage guys by the side of the road too?

Is it a small gripe, yeahs. But in an industry where there are plenty of companies producing good products vying for you hard earned dollar, customer service and support will win out with me every time.

Don't get me wrong as I did like my Blackops, better than any POS Nvidia board I ever owned. I just find it bizarre that the team can't take the time to put a simple fix into a official bios, unless it really is a hardware issue and they can't validate a public bios because of it.

my 2c.

gregor1230
03-09-2009, 07:21 AM
It would be better to fix 1:1.3 and 1:3.2 dividers ;). Like I said somewere in topic MSI has really better support maybe they want to hear ...

ragingclue
03-15-2009, 09:10 AM
...cricket...cricket...

saxile
03-17-2009, 12:59 PM
whelp, the deal is sealed for me, never again will I buy a foxconn product if all they can do is lie about things. But one of my main questions is why did they bother to release the older x48 knowing that x58 was slated for release in a few months and they wouldn't care less about their old products anymore?

ragingclue
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Would have been nice if the Dreadnought would have come into fruition.

Blizzie
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Last we heard, the new BIOS was getting verified. It's 5 weeks later now -- any updates?..

jolliffee
03-18-2009, 04:28 AM
It is such a shame that the Blackops board is being let down by a poor BIOS & lack of support!

nikoscbr
03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
It seems that Foxconn has abandoned Blackops,saaya had written about the new bios since last october and now we are in the middle of march and still no new bios.I am sorry,but if they think they will keep their customers this way,then they are wrong.My next board won't be foxconn if they continue this way.:(

Rougequellovero
03-22-2009, 05:13 AM
me too...it's shameful.There aren't an official support...Foxconn does not seem a very serious company.

Saaya is truly where this new bios?

Wotcher
04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Given the information loss due to the outage I'll post the main points from my last post.

@saaya, with regard to my USB issue (lag) with P06, no mate I didn't look at the USB settings in the P06 bios, I just reverted to the G32 and haven't been back to P06.

Also you asked for issues to be listed (and not whined about ;) ) so gregor and ??? posted about the "broken" memory dividers (1:3 & 1:3.2) when running a dual core at 500MHz FSB which I would like to bring up again, could you ask the bios guys what can be done about this please.

Thanks in advance.

Rougequellovero
04-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Also VTT voltage needs to be fixed for 45nm cpus!!!!
The settings +0,075 ;+0,150 ...ecc... is better to me!!!! In this way it starts from default voltage and not from 1,2v....

Wotcher
05-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Well I guess we won't see any changes for a while (if ever) now saaya has left.

I revisited the P06 bios this weekend and it seems to be OK apart from the broken dividers, I have no idea what was causing my mouse issue last time I tried it. :shrug:

I managed to get my HyperX 1625MHz memory to run 1700MHz, 8-9-9-24-2N-PL8 at 1.9V using the 1:4 CPU 400 on a 425MHz FSB (10 multi, E8600 - 1.325V bios) which was interesting as it wouldn't boot at that previously. It's not stable though, I'm getting the "nvidia driver has stopped responding" error now when playing CoH so some more tinkering to be done.

On the other hand if I underclock to 1333MHz I can run at 6-6-6-16-2N-PL8, decisions decisions, lol.

Back to 1700MHz and more tinkering I guess.

Cheers.