PDA

View Full Version : Fuggin router.

Axle Gear
10-16-2003, 07:06 PM
I got a new netgear router recently. And since i've hooked it up, I can't seem to receive incoming files on any IMs or sharing programs. It's really getting on my nerves.

Anyone have some suggestions to make it work?

Twisted
10-16-2003, 07:10 PM
you might have to open the port. what is the model of router

Axle Gear
10-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Please note that i'm totally lost when it comes to networking.

RP614v2 is the model

Nookie420
10-22-2003, 10:22 PM
my fuggin linksys router with 4 port switch and firewall died after 2 days of usage, i think its dead anyway. it worked fine, i had ports all set up for hosting ut2003 server and bf servers, and i come home after college one day and go to get online and page cannot be displayed.......hmm i think. so i go to login to my dsl, and it just sits there for 2 minutes, and give me some error 678 i think. so i unplug the router, and everything works fine. after an hours worth of troublehsooting and talkin to my ISP i decided the routers dead and i need to take it back to best buy for a refun.

Nookie420
10-22-2003, 10:23 PM
and OMG your connection OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweaked!
10-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Netgear and linksys are both good routers, but are not made to handle the loads of running a gaming server like UT or BF, I ran across the same problem. I asked Jbell what his opinion on it was and he recommended the Microsoft MN100. I found one on Ebay and haven't regreted it since. It's a great little router and can easily handle the loads, plus it has a much better and easier program for setting up a home networking system. They sell brand new in the stores for around $80 - 100 bux, but you can find them on Ebay for around $15 - $30 bux plus shipping.

Axle Gear
10-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Thanks for in input, Tweaked.
What would you reccomend for thus:

A router with 6 open ports, capable of handling 4 computers dedicated to F@H (a Yatta), 1 bandwidth-hogging PC, and a Cisco ATA 186 analog telephone adapter? (I use the ATA186 for my phone. Free unlimited calls to the US and Canada! ^.^)