PDA

View Full Version : F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ 4x2GB doesn't pass WMD

douirc
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Hello.

I have 4 sticks of 2GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ (first set purchased 12/27/2007 and second set 5/15/2008) and I've just recently encountered BSOD's in Vista. I burned the Windows Memory Diagnostic ISO to CD, rebooted and during pass #7 (MATS+ on extended run), I am getting errors reported. I've test both sets independently and both show failures during test #7 in WMD.

Are there any other tests I can run or configurations I can try before submitting an RMA? I use my machine for work to develop business level applications (Oracle and SAP) so I would hate to be down for too long. Also, I have never overclocked these sticks and have always run them in the rated voltage to ensure longevity and stability because of the work I do, but I do overclock my CPU. I tried setting BIOS back to default to see if the overclock was causing the problem, but I'm still getting the same results.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

GSKILL TECH
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
memtest

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

test 1 module at a time

and fill out the rma form at the same time

douirc
11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Well, I can't get memtest to produce any errors. Actually, when running a single stick, I can't get WMD to produce any errors either. I put two back in for dual channel, and WMD starts to produce errors again but memtest doesn't. I'm wondering now if it's the motherboard or if it's still the memory or what. When I googled the windows error I received from the BSOD, the most common reason was bad memory, but I'd hate to RMA memory that has nothing wrong with it.

I've also checked the hard drives individually using WD's Data Lifeguard Tools and all the drives came back fine. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

douirc
12-01-2008, 05:12 AM
I stand corrected. I booted into Safe Mode in Vista, ran 4 memtest.exe for each cpu and divided the memory equally and two of them produced memory errors. The only catch is, I had all 4 sticks of memory in. Should I run this again, one stick at a time? What happens if I run each stick for 48 hours with zero errors? Does that mean it's not the memory?

GSKILL TECH
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
run a pair at a time and see either pair has problem. this is better idea

douirc
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
run a pair at a time and see either pair has problem. this is better idea

that did the trick. one set good and one set bad. i'll fill out the RMA and send the bad sticks in.

thanks for the help.